Transmission from the Trickst...

By KittyHazelnut

Sam had nearly forgotten about the trickster. It had been almost eight years since the last time they met, af... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59

Chapter 25

2.1K 156 141
By KittyHazelnut

Sam is sure this is where they left everyone, but the only person still waiting for them is Castiel. Jack runs over and gives him a hug, which Castiel returns without hesitation, and it's clear in his face that he's happy to see the boy again.

"Where's Gabriel?" Sam asks, purposely leaving out Ketch's name, because Mary still doesn't know about him. It's probably best to hold off on telling her about him for as long as possible.

"I'm not sure," Castiel replies.

Dean scoffs. "You're not sure? The guy's our only ride out, and you just lost him?"

"You try keeping an angsty archangel and an overly curious human out of trouble," Castiel says defensively. "I did my best, but without my wings, I can't keep up with him."

"Well, where did Ketch go?" Dean asks. "He doesn't have wings. How could you possibly lose him?"

Sam has to resist the urge to strangle him. So much for not mentioning Ketch.

"Wait, slow down," Mary says. "Ketch? Arthur Ketch?"

"No, Alexander Ketch," Dean says sarcastically.

"It's a long story," Sam says. "We'll explain it all when we get back."

"If we get back," Dean adds. "But without Gabriel, we're screwed."

"And Gabriel is...?" Mary prompts.

"Again, long story, we'll explain later," Sam says. "But he'll be here. This is what he does. He leaves and then he comes back."

"Well, he better make it fast," Dean says. "I don't know when you opened that rift, but time has to be getting low."

"And when time runs out?" Mary asks hesitantly, already sure she doesn't want to know the answer.

"The rift closes, and we're stuck here."

"Where did they go?" Sam asks Castiel. "They didn't just disappear without saying anything, right?"

"Supposedly, they were just dropping Ketch off back at the rift," Castiel says. "But that was a while ago. If that were it, Gabriel would have come back by now."

"Well, we have to try something," Dean says. "Sam, go pray to him."

"What? Why me?"

Dean rolls his eyes. "Do you honestly think he would come back if anyone else wanted him to? He barely even talks to anyone but you. Just go for it."

"What do I even say?" Sam asks.

"I don't know! Just tell him to get his ass back here!"

Sam sighs. "Fine. Um... Gabriel? Come back? We kinda need you over here?"

Dean scoffs. "That's it? That was the stupidest 'prayer' I've ever heard."

"Yeah? You try it, then," Sam snaps.

"I did! For years! Gabriel's not the first angel on the team."

"Aw, you think I'm part of the team?" Gabriel says with an exaggerated smile, appearing behind him. "That's the nicest thing you've said about me since we talked about strippers."

Instead of mentioning that last part with Mary standing right there — it's awkward enough as it is — he says, "Dude, where the hell have you been?"

"Exploring," Gabriel replies. "This place is so much cooler than anything I've dreamed up, and I managed to stay away from Michael and Lucifer."

"Lucifer?" Dean repeats, confused.

"Yeah, you know, my big bro? Self proclaimed king of darkness? Likes to kill things? Ringing any bells?"

"Well, yeah, we know who he is," Dean says. "But you're not gonna find him here."

"Meaning...?" Gabriel prompts.

"He's dead," Sam says. "Michael killed him."

"He..." Gabriel's expression falls at that. "Obviously. Of course he did." He pastes a smile back on his face, but Sam doesn't believe it's a real one. "Welp, that's good. Alrighty, let's go."

"Gabriel —" Sam begins, but before he can say anything else, Gabriel has already teleported them back to the rift and gone through. Sam glances back at Dean helplessly, but he just shrugs.

"Don't look at me. He's your temperamental angel, not mine."

The rest of them go through the rift to find Gabriel waiting for them, already seated on the floor with his back against the wall as if he's been there for hours. Ketch waiting for them, too. He seems bored, and rightfully so, if he's been waiting here for the last ten minutes. When he sees Mary, his expression softens, but she just shoots him a glare.

"Okay, now that we're back and safe — or as safe as we can get — you have some explaining to do," Mary says. She looks over at Ketch. "Like what is he doing here?"

"We're working with him to stop Lucifer," Dean says. "So far, he's done more to help us than hurt us, so for now, at least, he stays. Once we've ganked Satan, we can talk."

"And who's that?" Jack asks, pointing at Gabriel.

"Oh, right, that's Gabriel," Sam says. "He's an archangel. I guess he's kind of your uncle."

"Awesome!"

Gabriel chuckles. "I never was cut out for parenthood, but I've always wanted to be the weird uncle. Nice to finally meet you, Jack. I've heard so little about you."

"And I'm assuming you know our mom?" Sam guesses. "Or at least can figure out who she is?"

"Ah, yeah, I know her," Gabriel says. "She tried to kill me once, like, fifty years ago."

"What? Why did I do that?" Mary asks, both skeptical and apologetic.

"I don't know, I think I threw someone in a black hole or fed someone to a shark in the middle of some landlocked state or something," Gabriel says with a dismissive shrug. "Apparently hunters like you frown upon things like that. Who would've thunk it?"

All she can think to say to that is, "What?"

"Gabriel's not quite the team player," Dean tells her. "Sometimes he helps us out, and sometimes we're trying to kill each other. It's kind of a case by case basis. I'm sure when you tried to kill him, it was a good idea."

"But I don't remember — wait, are you the trickster?"

Gabriel grins. "Wow, half a century later and you still remember me."

"Yeah, I mean, everything you did was way bigger than anything I'd seen before," Mary says. "But how do you remember me? You have to have met hundreds of hunters since then."

"Well, thousands, but come on," Gabriel says as if she should know this. "You Winchesters are legends, what with the whole 'perfect vessels for Michael and Lucifer' thing those two have got going on." Gabriel gestures to Sam and Dean with a jerk of his head. "Your entire bloodline exists just for that moment. Obviously I'm gonna recognize anyone involved in the whole process, you included."

"So you knew me before we met?" Mary asks, awed.

"I knew your purpose before we met. Same with your kids and your husband and your dad and I think I vaguely remember catching a glimpse of the idiot that is your father-in-law. And I have to say, none of you were as fun to screw with as Dean. You need to up your game."

"Hey!" Dean whines.

"You'd agree if you watched yourself die a hundred Tuesdays," Gabriel tells him. "The lesson was for Sam, but the joke was on you, Deano."

"What are you talking about?" Mary asks.

Both Dean and Gabriel begin to tell their narration of the story at the same time, but Sam quickly interrupts with, "I don't think we need to rehash old tricks right now."

"Aw, please?" Gabriel whines. "I've never had anyone to tell them to before!"

"And you never will," Sam deadpans. "End of discussion."

"But —"

"My mom would kick your ass to the curb if she heard half the stuff you did to us," Sam says. "Trust me, it's better to keep your mouth shut."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Rejected By Sam

Fanfiction

100K 6.8K 28
Sabriel (SamxGabriel) Supernatural HS AU ~~~ A nerd, a prankster, and a thirst for revenge. After being rejected by their crushes, Sam Winchester and...
10.4K 384 10
Sam has a crush on the rebel Archangel Gabriel. But no matter how much Dean and Cas try to confirm it, he denies. Will the Archangel ever know a Moos...
3.1K 188 14
(THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY ON MY LAST PROFILE- I STILL HAVE COMPLETE OWNERSHIP! DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME STEALING THE BOOK!) BOOK THREE OF THE SOULMATE...
6.3K 200 10
SPOILERS for season 13!!!!!! tRiGgEr WaRnInG!!!!! What would happen if sabriel had been a thing before Gabriel 'died'. How would sam cope when Gabrie...