Open Coffin (Kol x SalvatoreS...

By Justfangstvdto

"Good guys and bad guys. One side of the same coin or different entirely? Who or what determines if you are t... More

Chapter 01 "You'll find them in Chicago"
Chapter 02 "Here to pick up the pieces" (Part 1)
Chapter 04: "Recipe for Disaster"
Chapter 05: "Ghosts of the Past" (Part 1)
Chapter 06: "Ghosts of the Past" (Part 2)
Chapter 07: "Chasing All The Stars"
Chapter 08: "Look Alive, Stay Alive"
Chapter 09: "Fury Rising"
Chapter 10: "This could be Heaven, this could be Hell"
Chapter 11: "Out of the Black"
Chapter 12: "Where do we go from here?"
Chapter 13: "Dark Before Dawn"
Chapter 14: "Hello My Old Heart"
Chapter 15: "A Party Never Killed Nobody"
Chapter 16: "Drunks, Lovers, Sinners and Saints"
Chapter 17: "Never Be Afraid Of Darkness"
Chapter 18: "Walking the Razor's Edge"
Chapter 19: "Caught in the Storm"
Chapter 20 : "Crossing A Line"
Chapter 21: "For Whom Does The Next Bell Toll?"
Chapter 22: "Error: Sympathy not found"
Chapter 23: "In Search Of Tomorrow"
Chapter 24: "All's Fair and Karma is a Bitch"

Chapter 03 "Here to pick up the pieces" (Part 2)

2.8K 67 9
By Justfangstvdto

Y/N | Gym

Klaus watches you leave the gym with a satisfied smirk on his face "That takes care of that problem, now where were we? What are you waiting for, Stefan? Kill them."

"No! Stefan don't. He's not going to hurt me. He already said-"But before Elena could finish her sentence Klaus violently strucks her across the face and she falls on the floor. 

Stefan quickly runs for Klaus but he stops him by grabbing his throat.

"She means nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up." Klaus notes, his eyes boring into Stefan's.

"Let her go! I'll do whatever you want, you have my word." Stefan promises.

"Your word doesn't mean much. I lived by your word all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this..." He begins to compel him as well "Stop fighting."

"Don't do this, don't do this." Stefan begs.

"I didn't want to. All I wanted was you allegiance. Now I'm going to have to take it.." Klaus replies sternly.

"Don't...Don't...Stefan begs once more.

"You will exactly do as I say when I say it. You will not run, you will not hide, you will simply just obey." Klaus compels him "Now kill them. Ripper."

Stefan eyes slowly travel over to his prey and he vamps out and rushes towards them Dana's scream filling the echoey gym halls and reach your ears as you leave through the main entrance.

Damon | Middle of nowhere

"This isn't going to work." Jeremy tells Damon and Katherine firmly, sitting on the picnic table, his phone beginning to vibrate next to him. Katherine grabs it and saw a message from Bonnie.

"I think your witchy girlfriend is worried that you've run away with your ghostly lover." Katherine chuckles.

"Stop with the teeny bopper drama." Damon orders narrowing his eyes once again "Focus."

"I'm not helping them." Anna tells Jeremy.

No, it's okay to help." Jeremy promises.

To Damon and Katherine there is only empty space, but Jeremy could see her clear as day "They are looking for a way to stop Klaus."

"I don't care. Katherine is not a friend to you. Neither of them are." Anna crosses her arms stubbornly over her chest.

"What's she saying?" Damon asks impatiently.

"Well, she doesn't want to help you." Jeremy shrugs.

"My advice?" Katherine looks at Damon and lowers her voice so only he could hear her " If you want to make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs."

Damon understands what she is referring to and turns his head "Jeremy I want you to know, it's nothing personal" he grabs Jeremy's hair and slams his head against the table he has been sitting on.

"Ow! What the hell!?" Jeremy growls.

"Jeremy!" Anna calls out in concern.

"Anna, I know you can hear me." Damon yells into the void "Tell us what you know. The sooner, the better for your little boyfriend here."

"They're looking for Mikael." Anna told Jeremy.

"Mikael!" Jeremy calls.

"Mikael. Is that his name?" Katherine asks.

"Who's Mikael?" Damon asks giving her a clueless look.

"The vampire who hunts vampires." Anna explains to Jeremy "You don't want to wake him. He will kill all of you."

"What's she saying?" Damon looks at Jeremy who had been watching Anna talk.

"He's a vampire and a hunter, and you guys would be idiots to wake him." he replies and looks back to Anna "What do you mean, wake him?"

"It's time to go and find the keys." Damon tells Katherine and she agrees with a nod.

Stefan | Mystic Falls Gym

Stefan is feeding on Chad, his screams have died out by now and Dana was already dead at his feet "'It's always so nice to see a vampire in his true element. The species has become such a broody lot.." Klaus notes.

"No. You did this to him." Elena spats.

"I invited him to the part, love. He's the one dancing on the table." Klaus countered as Rebekah storms in the room rushing for Elena.

"Where is it?" she yells "Where is my necklace?"

"What are you talking about?" Klaus asks rather annoyed

"She has my necklace. Look!" Rebekah hands him Elena's phone and he saw the necklace that he needed around Elena's neck.

"Well, well. More lies." Klaus looks at Stefan.

"Where is it?" Rebekah asks again, her voice dangerously low.

"I don't have it anymore." Elena promises.

"You're lying!" Rebekah screams, dark veins appearing under her eyes and she hurries over to Elena biting her neck but Klaus pulls her off.

"Knock it off!"

"Make her tell me where it is, Nik!" Rebekah screams like a child that has lost its favorite toy. Klaus walks over to her and looks into Elena's dark brown eyes "Where's the necklace, sweetheart? Be honest."

"I'm telling the truth. Katherine stole it."

"Katerina. Of course. Well, that's unfortunate. If we had the necklace it would make things a whole lot easier for your witch, but since we're doing this the hard way, let's put a clock on it, shall we?" he grabbed a remote and the board atop the gym buzzes once the clock appears" 20 minutes" he walks over to Stefan and compels him once again "If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then, I want you to feed again. Only this time, I want you to feed on Elena. You know you want to. If she tries to leave, fracture her spine."

He smirks at them and leaves, Rebekah following close behind.

Damon | Random highway

Jeremy is still sitting on the bench slowly falling asleep while blood trickles down his forehead where his head hit the table earlier.

"Don't fall asleep, Jer." Damon calls out as he approaches him "You might have a concussion."

Thanks for the concern, dick." Jeremy retors.

"Oh, stop pouting" Katherine orders "He took one for the team. Everyone back home will thank you once Klaus is dead."

"Where's my phone?" Damon asks, feeling like he must have lost it somewhere.

"Do you need to check in with Elena? Make sure it's okay you pummeled her little baby bro?" Katherine smirks.

"You know you have it."

"What can I say? I needed you present here and now."

Damon holds out his hands "Katherine, phone, now." She sighs and gives it to him and he looks at it "Bonnie's been texting me."

"What is it?" Jeremy asks concerned.

"It's Klaus."

"No turning back, Damon." Katherine reminds him.

"Shut up, Katherine." he hisses.

"Hey, look at the big picture. The best shot at taking out Klaus is by finding Mikael." she tries to keep him on the task at hand once more but with no avail.

He looks at Jeremy and presses the car key to his chest "Stay with her so Anna can guide you. I'm going back."

You're going to get yourself killed." Katherine calls out and Damon turns his face to her "The Damon I remember wouldn't have been that stupid.

"I wouldn't have done it for you." Damon deadpanns and takes off.

Stefan | Gym

There are only a few minutes left on the clock and Stefan begins pacing up and down the wooden floor.

"Stefan, you can control this. When that buzzer goes off, just...just drink from me."

You don't get it. I can't stop, Elena! I'm a ripper!A ripper doesn't stop! I listen to the words that come out of your mouth, and all I hear is the sound of your heart pumping blood through your body." his voice is cold as he drags his fingers through his disarranged hair "And when that clock ticks down...I'm going to have to feed on you. And you want to know what's worse? I'm not going to be able to stop."

"I don't believe that. You can fight it. You just have to want it bad enough." Elena assures him.

"Why, because I love you?" his voice breaks.

"Yeah! That's right, Stefan. Because you love me. You'll fight because after everything that we've been through, you owe me that!" Elena tells him as tears roll down her face.

"You know what, you're right. You're right. I owe you everything. Because through all of this, you are the one thing that has kept me from giving up; from turning it all off. But I can't help what I am, Elena. The more blood that I get, the more I want, and if I get so much as near yours...You are dead." Stefan confirms.

Stefan looks at the clock and realizes that only a few moments are left "Elena, you're going to have run."

"But Klaus said that if I run-"

"I know what he said, but if you stay, it won't matter." The clocks is getting closer and closer and Stefan begins to panic "Elena, please, please, please. Elena, there's no other way."

"There is another way, Stefan. It's for you to fight." Elena tells him as the buzzer rings, signifying that the time as run out. "Stefan...I love you. Fight, Stefan. Don't give up.

"I can't hold it." he vamps out and charges towards Elena. She screams but Stefan manages to rush past her to the opposite wall "Elena, run! Go!"

Elena takes off and runs through the school, passing through numerous of hallways, while Stefan tries to hold onto everything in his way so he does not have to hurt Elena. But eventually, he rushes out of the gym and crashes from side to side through the hallways. Elena goes through another door and bumps into Klaus once again.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." Klaus smirks.

Stefan runs into the cafeteria and grabs a wooden mop that the janitor placed there, and he takes it and breaks it on his knee. He holds the remaining makeshift stake in front of him and stabs himself in the stomach. Klaus enters moments later with Elena firmly in his grasp.

"Now this is fascinating. I've never seen this before. The only thing stronger than your craving for blood is your love for this one girl. Why don't you turn it off?

"No!" Stefan growls.

"Come on. Your humanity is killing you. All the guilt must be exhausting.Turn it off." Klaus suggests.

"No!" Stefan growls again.

"Stefan..." Elena whispers.

"You're strong."Klaus reaches Stefan and removes the stake "But you're not that strong. Turn....it.....off."

"No!" Stefan shoves Klaus away from him and ignites Klaus'short temper with that action. He pins Stefan against the wall and compels him yet again.

"Turn it off!" He yells and Stefan respond immediately this time, his face features hardening and his eyes turning emotionless.

"What did you do?" Elena whimpers

"I fixed him" Klaus himself seems oddly surprised by his own rash action "But I think a test is in order, don't you?" He charges over to her and holds her firmly against his chest "Ripper...Perhaps you'd like a drink.. from the doppelgangers neck?"

Dark veins crawl up Stefan's eyes and he zips towards Elena and bites her neck.

Y/N | Near the Mystic Falls border

You have been walking for quite a while, trying with all your might to resist Klaus' compulsion, sadly with no avail.

You are near your hometowns border leading to the next town. As your eyes fall upon the city sign, a memory manifests itself in your mind

New Orleans 1912

"Kol, do you ever miss your home?" you ask tracing your fingers over the letter Stefan had sent you.It has been a few weeks since you briefly reunited with your brothers for your uncle's funeral, but as usual, things did not work out quite the way you hoped"The one in Mystic Falls I mean?"

The sound of Kol flipping several pages fills the rounded walls of the tomb "No." he replies "Why? Do you?"

"I miss how close we were." you reply folding the letter and putting it aside "But the town itself? No. If I never set foot in this city again it'll be too soon."

Kol looks up and notices your slightly furrowed eyebrows. He closes the book and walks in your direction "You're worried about your brother, aren't you?" he asks. You nod.

"Listen, Y/N" he gently rests his hands on your shoulder, his brown eyes staring into yours "from what I gathered, your brother seemed to have handled this situation before. I am sure he will again."

"If you mean ripping people apart, then yes, he's handling that very well."

"No, what I mean is that you are not at fault for the choices he makes. You should not feel responsible to clean up his messes. Not anymore." his right hand drops down and brushed over yours, holding onto it carefully "And for what it's worth, you will always have a home here. Even in a tomb like this."

"Thank you. You're a good.. friend, Kol"

"Friends..right." he forces a smile and retrieves his hand, Something has changed in Kol's eyes, but you cannot quite make out what it is.

Is he... hurt?

Y/N | Present time

Bright high beams rip you out of your nostalgic memory as the care comes to a step next to you, a voice calling out you have not heard in a while.

"Y/N? What the hell are you doing?" Damon asks backing up his car slowly..

"I'm taking an involuntarily late-night walk." you reply and turn your head to your older brother "Klaus compelled me." you clarify.

"How do you know Klaus?"

"Long story." you wave him off knowing that eventually you have to fess up "But we don't have time for this right now. Just go and help Stefan."

"Right." he nods and stops the slow-rolling car "Get in."

"I can't. But I'll come back as soon as I can." you shake your head. You know all too well that Stefan is in danger right this moment and there is no second to spare. Sure, Damon could have sped you to the next town border and turn around to head for Mystic Falls. But maybe the minutes he would have wasted on breaking your compulsion may be the minutes to save Stefan's life.

"But-"

"Just go, Damon!" you cut him off, gesturing him to finally listen to you.

Damon nods and drives off leaving you to continue your not so lovely late-night walk

Klaus | Highschool

Moments later Klaus enters the classroom where Rebekah, Tyler and Caroline are currently in "Well, the verdict's in. The original witch says the doppelgänger should be dead.

Rebekah grins and rises from the seat she sat in "Does that mean we can kill her?"

"No, I'm fairly certain it means the opposite."

"What?!" Rebekah hisses. not amused in the slightest.

"Call it a hunch..."Klaus begins and slides a vial with blood over the table while Rebekah brings her arms around Caroline and restrains her ."Elena's blood. Drink it."

"No! No, no, no, Tyler, don't!" Caroline screams.

"If he doesn't feed, he'll die anyway, love. Consider this an experiment" Klaus shrugs as Tyler grabs the vial and gulps it down "There we go. Good boy."

Tyler immediately starts coughing and falls from the desk he has been lying on and groans and writhes in pain once he hits the floor. He holds his head in his hand and continues screaming until suddenly, he looks up and his eyes changed into a bright amber color with prominent black veins underneath.

"Well, that's a good sign" Klaus smiles, satisfied with the result

"So the doppelganger isn't the problem." Rebekah concludes "Her blood is the solution."

"Seems so" Klaus sighs.

"How did you know?"

"Well, you know how much the original witch hated me." Klaus explains "Do you honestly think I would do anything other than the opposite of what she says?"

"A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you." Rebekah huffs.

"Well, it makes sense if you think about it from her perspective. It was her fail-safe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelgänger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead..."

"Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species." Rebeka concludes.

"Leaving me alone for all time."Klaus nods, sadness overshadowing his being for a mere second.

"Is that what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids?" she looks at him, hurt that she is not good enough for his brother to be happy "You just don't want to be alone?"

"What I want is to take my girl, take my hybrid and get the hell out of this one-pony town." himpatiently "You know, why don't you, uh, get the truck? I'll get Elena." Rebekah scoffs and leaves just before Damon arrives.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up to the party." Klaus smirks

"Where is she?" Damon asks, instead of asking for Stefan's location.

"Elena? Ah, she's making a donation to a greater cause."He answers, his eyes switching over to the hospital "

Damon goes toward the hospital, determined to save Elena himself but Klaus stops him "I'm afraid I can't let you interfere, mate."

"You'll have to kill me." Damon replies in all honesty.

"Oh, I would love to kill you, but I made a pledge to your brother, and unlike him, I keep my word. Although, you know what, thinking about it now, he probably doesn't care that much anymore." he throws Damon on the hood of a nearby car ready to plunge his hand into him and rip his heart out.

"Don't you want to know about your friend Mikael?" Damon says while Klaus'hand is wrapped around his throat

Klaus smug expression instantly get overshadowed with fear "What do you know about Mikael?" he asks , his voice trembling.

"Just that he knows you're here."he taunts, knowing that he found the big bad hybrids weak spot.

"You're bluffing."

"Katherine and I found him. Consider it our leverage." Klaus closes his eyes for a second, probably cursing in his mind that his nemesis Katherine found Mikael with Damon's help. He then throws Damon against another car and Damon falls to the ground. He gets up a minute later to defend himself against Klaus, but he has already disappeared. Damon seizes the opportunity and hurries inside the hospital. He passes a few rooms before he finally find Elena.

"Damon..." she whispers.

"Hey." he brushed a few strand hair out of her face with a relieved smile is on his face. He puts his arms under her and lifts her out of the bed and carries her out of the room.

Y/N| Boarding House

After you finally reached the town border, you instantly mad your way back to town. You "borrowed" a car and sped back to Mystic Falls where you stopped by the school first. However, Stefan or Klaus where to be found anywhere, so you decided to check your old home.

With squealing tires you bring your car to a stop in the driveway, parking directly behind Damon's Camaro. You take a deep breath before entering your old home and your mind instantly flooded with nostalgia. You have not been here since you briefly visited in the 50's.

You use your vamp hearing to determine where Damon and hopefully Stefan are, but you only hear Damon talking to a female voice. You make your way towards the library and you have to realize that to your disappointment, Damon chose to comfort the doppelganger instead of finding his brother.

"Are you serious?"

"Do you ever knock?" Damon sighs, avoiding your glare.

"Never have, never will. Besides, this was my house too once. " you remind him as your eyes fall upon Damon's hand on Elena's knee.

"Well isn't this cozy?" Stefan interrupts and leans against a pillar at the opposite side of the room.

Damon quickly retrieves his hand and gets up"What are you doing here, brother?"

Stefan walks into the room to the drink table and pours himself a drink.

"Last I checked, I live here. " he reports "Klaus is gone, but he's asked me to keep watch on you until he returns. From now on, you're under my protection."

"Gone? What do you mean Klaus is gone? Where the hell did he go?" you ask but Stefan only shrugs.

Stefan looks over to Elena and raises his glass to take a drink "Mmm, by all means. Carry on." he smiles and leave the room.

Oh this is going to be interesting. And not in a good way. There is no way you can leave now. It seems you're once again here to pick up the pieces.

A/N: As mentioned before the story will focus on the reader soon, without the other...well, let's say distractions ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 1 12
Eva Forbes Is horrified to learn that her twin sister Caroline is a vampire, after growing up around the monstrous stories of them from her father, c...
1.8K 8 12
This is a Book based off the Vampires diaries and the Originals. This book is the vampires diaries book and Then the second book with continue with t...
43.6K 843 22
The story begins at the Mikaelson Ball from the 3rd series of the 14th episode. It focuses on Kol and Elena and how the two fell in love. Elena is se...
5.3K 164 47
Based on season Four of TVD... It began with the acknowledgement that everything for Ellie Gilbert has changed. She's in transition into a vampire. I...