lucifer, l.hemmings

By fckinghealy

or when a girl and boy meet at a party and give each other endearing nicknames such as lucifer and indiana jo... More

prologue
one ➝ "i'm a mess"
two ➝ "teenage dirtbag"
four ➝ "holding onto you"
five ➝ "young & beautiful"
six ➝ "we are done"
seven ➝ "ghost"
eight ➝ "shake it off"
nine ➝ "cool kids"
ten ➝ "ride"
dont fcking kill me
eleven ➝ "out of the woods"
twelve ➝ "wake up next to you"
thirteen → "spaces"
fourteen → "all you had to do was stay"
fifteen ➝ "outside"
chapter sixteen ➝ "wildest dream"
chapter seventeen ➝ "lies"
chapter eighteen ➝ "i'm not over"
chapter nineteen ➝ "yellow flicker beat"
chapter twenty ➝ "clean"
chapter twenty-one ➝ "salute"
chapter twenty-two ➝ "sledgehammer"
chapter twenty-three ➝ "cosmic love"
chapter twenty-four ➝ "falling for you"
chapter twenty-five ➝ "hurricane"
chapter twenty-six ➝ "case closed"
chapter twenty-eight ➝ "falling"
chapter twenty-nine ➝ "kings"
chapter thirty ➝ "she will be loved"

three ➝ "girls"

14.9K 591 226
By fckinghealy

 Chapter Three: "Girls" by the 1975. 

Picture: Lystander Whitmore.

_____________________________

"I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!" I sung loudly, once I had regained the ability to speak, sing or even look in the direction of Luke Hemmings.

Ashton and Calum were cheering the loudest, probably hoping to see me beat Luke—unfortunately I didn't see that happening. All the girls around us were squealing with delight as Luke cupped the microphone. He shot me a wicked smile before nailing a high note. I pouted a little, not use to loosing.

I switched over to plan B. Distract Luke into stuffing up. I slowly bit down, allowing my teeth to graze over my lower lip as I walked closer to Luke. I knew this song by heart, so my attention had immediately switched from the television to Luke.

"I have tickets to Iron Maiden, baby. Come with me Friday, don't say maybe. I'm just a teenage dirtbag like," I paused for a moment and ran my finger down Luke's chest, "yooooooouuuuuuuu."

"Oh fucking damn!" I heard someone yell out, as Luke faltered, his singing stopping for a split second as he looked down at me.

His eyes sparked with a spur of danger, and it had me leaning in. The song wrapped up to an end, without either one of us moving, and the cheers we were getting had me wondering if people liked the singing or the show.

"Despite that little trick in the end, I'd have to say I won." Luke cleared his throat, and I sighed before throwing my arms up. I couldn't exactly argue with his logic, considering I sounded like Rebecca Black on a good day. 

"Alright, what do you want?" I asked bluntly, wanting to get to the point. If he asked me to kiss him I would—I mean, I'd expect something like that but I was sort of hoping Luke wouldn't be that way.

Luke shot me a smirk. "I get you."

"That really isn't giving me much information." I explained, handing my microphone to some red head in the crowd. She let out an eager squeal and raced up to the make-shift stage.

Luke placed his hand on my waist to steady me as I jumped down from the stage. I twisted around in his arms expectantly.

"Don't look at me like that, Indiana." He chuckled with amusement—probably because he still got to call me that. "I get you all night and there is no definition or exact purpose behind it. Go with it, love."

I let out a disgruntle moan. "Fine. I'll succumb to your basic whims tonight, Lucifer."

"God, I love it when you talk dirty." Luke groaned, his lips far to close to my ears. "Say my name again, baby."

I hit him on the chest as a warning, because he was being a tease and we both knew it. His amused laughter that followed only confirmed it. We began to walk through the crowd again. Luke was keeping an eye out for someone, and I could only hope it was his friends and not Willow.

"Mike! Oi," Luke called, placing his hand on my lower back and steering me over to a group of people outside.

My eyes widened slightly at the lights that were filtered along the trees. His pool was lit up, and numerous of people were standing around and dancing to some music that was pumping. I was more than impressed with the view.

"Indie," Michael smiled when he saw me, and did some little bro-fist thing with Luke even though we had all seen each other about twenty minutes ago.

"Hello," a petite brunette perked up and offered a shy smile. "I'm Lystander, but please for the love of God call me Ly."

"For the love of God, eh? You feelin' loving tonight?" Luke whispered in my ear, and I stifled a laugh as I pushed him back.

"Lystander?" I repeated in awe, before Luke elbowed me and shot me a look. I smiled back innocently, ignoring his boyfriend-like gesture to keep my manners.

"My parents were cruel." She explained, and I immediately found my soul sister. I let out a large grin.

"I feel your pain. My name is Indie Anna."

"Indiana? Did they like Indiana Jones?" She questioned, with a quiet laugh.

Before I even had time to explain, Luke was smirking slyly. "Her first name is Indie and her last name is Anna. She hates being called Indiana."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Lystander blushed.

I waved my hand dismissively, letting her know it wasn't a problem, before I turned to Luke with a raised eyebrow.

"You should listen to your own advice." I mumbled under my breath, referring to when he informed Ly of my pet peeve revolving Indiana.

"I will admit I was getting jealous. Indiana is my nickname." Luke whispered, his teeth grazing my ear lobe in a teasing manner that had me on my tippy-toes wanting more. 

My cheeks flared up for the umpteenth time tonight and I tried to act cool. You know, flip my hair and brush his comment off. Except I couldn't just "brush" his comment off and my bracelet got stuck in my hair.

Thankfully someone's phone started to go off, and the need for a witty comeback collapsed. My eyebrows pulled together when I realised what the song was.

I said "No!" Oh give it a rest, I could persuade you. I'm not your typical, stoned 18 year old.

"I will marry whoevers ring tone is the 1975." I declared, my words bold as I twisted around to seek out the source of the noise.

"Oh, Indiana. I don't think we should be moving that fast." Luke declared, holding up his phone with a smirk.

My whole face fell when I realised it was his phone that was ringing. "I take back everything I said. Marrying the Devil doesn't quite meet my Mum's expectations. Sorry to break it to you."

Luke let out a quick laugh, before looking down to the caller I.D. I was surprised to see his face drop. The whole time I had been with Luke he had been cheerful or down-right devious—but never conflicted.

"Who is it, mate?" Michael asked, obviously noticing his friends attitude change. Ly was watching on with curiosity.

"Claire," Luke stifled a frown. His thumb hesitated over the decline button, then the answer and then back to the decline.

"Ex?" I took a wild stab in the dark.

"Ooh," Michael smirked, who had been up until now in a detailed conversation with Ly. "Don't even go near that topic."

"Really? That bad?" I hummed, feeling somewhat bad for him. I nibbled on my thumbnail and just scratched the back of my neck. "What did she do?"

"She—she's just a lying bitch." Michael was obviously hesitant to explain anything, and I knew this girl did some damage to Luke because he still looked wary.

"Give me the phone." I demanded, ignoring Luke's shocked glance. "I'm serious. This girl is going to realise what she missed out on."

Luke wearily passed me the phone. "Don't be too harsh."

I shot him a playful look, reassuring him that I wouldn't bite his ex's head off. Although I don't doubt she deserved it if Michael was calling her a bitch. That being said; I barely knew these boys and perhaps they had completely different stories to Claire. 

Still, this was Lucifer—and despite his name I didn't think he'd be upset about screwing a girl over. Her screwing him over was a different thing. I winked at my audience of three and slide my thumb across the answer button.

"Hello? Luke?" A voice piped up. "Oh my god, Luke. I'm so sorry—"

"Um, who's this?" I asked, my voice lazy and slightly drawled out. Luke shot me a weird look, but I waved my hand letting him know it'd make sense soon.

"Er—I'm Claire. Luke's, um, friend." She paused for a moment before continuing. "Who are you?"

"Claire... doesn't sound familiar." I yawned loudly, and got even more weird looks. "I'm Indie."

"Did I interrupt your sleep or something?" Claire sounded frazzled now. "Is Luke there? Can I speak to him?"

"Yeah, actually you did. I just woke up." I explained, not answering her Luke question quite yet.

"It's only 8:30." Claire's accusing tone made it clear she thought it was too early to be sleeping. "I heard Luke was having a party."

"Sex makes me tired though," I replied without missing a beat. "And apparently it makes Luke sleep like a baby. He doesn't look like he's waking up anytime soon. When he does I'll be sure to let him know Caitlyn called."

"It's Clai—" she started to say, but I hung up before the words even reached this end of the phone.

"Sex makes me tired?" Luke repeated my words, and for a moment I thought he'd be mad with me but when I met his eyes he looked extremely amused.

"Apparently." I grinned loosely, earning a high five from Michael.

"That was completely gold." Ly whistled. "I could hear her desperation to speak to Luke from this end of the phone."

I twisted back to the man himself, dearest Lucifer, and shot him a smug smile. He returned it with an equally pleased one. Even though he hadn't said it aloud, I secretly think he liked watching me stick it to some girl who hurt his feelings.

"Ly and I are going to have our turn at karaoke. See you guys in a bit." Michael waved, tugging Ly to follow him.

A silence fell between Luke and I. I think we were both trying to digest what had just happened in the time span of half an hour. We rocked out Teenage Dirtbags on karaoke. He had won a bet regarding my physical and mental benefits. I realised his music taste was perfect. I had personally shown his ex-girlfriend what she was missing, and now we were standing there, just smiling stupidly at each other.

"Let's go sit in the hammock." Luke pointed over at a hammock strung between two poles. It was further into his back yard, and there weren't as many drunken fools, so I accepted his offer.

"Later we're going swimming in that pool." I declared, slipping out of my high heels as letting my feet sink into the fresh grass.

"Anything to see you naked." Luke wriggled his eyebrows.

"I said swimming, not skinny dipping. Jesus, is the real Lucifer such a perve?" I questioned aloud, as we sunk down onto the hammock.

Luke kicked off the ground and we swung back and forth absently, my unanswered question dangling in the air.

"Why did your parents name you Indie Anna?" Luke asked. "They had to know the jokes that you'd suffer through."

"I wasn't kidding when I said they were cruel." My tone was light with amusement, so he knew I really was kidding. My parents were loving people. "I actually asked my Mum this once."

"Really?" Luke twisted his torso and looked at me attentively. "What did she say?"

"She got real philosophical on me and told me that everyone was going to make a joke out of you at some point in your life and it's up to you to laugh." I smiled lightly, tilting my head back.

Although I hadn't had much alcohol, the buzz was still in the back of my mind, and the sudden blood rushing to my head wasn't helping.

"I like that—woah, you look green."

"You're cute when you're worried." I smiled, shutting my eyes and willing the dizziness to leave.

"I'm worried about my jumper." He joked. "I don't want you puking on my jumper, me or my hammock."

I shot him a dirty glare, when I finally pried my eyes open. He held his hands up innocently but I flipped him off lazily. "If I do puke, you can bet your ass I'll be aiming it in your direction, Lucifer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
371K 10.5K 35
In which a popular boy who cares too much about his reputation meets a girl who hates attention.
1.6M 26.9K 200
A collection of all the preferences I've written about the lovely fellas from 5 Seconds Of Summer ツ Enjoy and happy reading x
480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic