69 DAYS [Akashi Seijuro X OC]

Від akashi_ryuuki

[1st place in Seijuro Akashi category of KnB Watty Awards 2014 Fall/Winter] [2nd place in Kuroko no Basuke ca... Більше

69 DAYS
First Encounter
A Librarian
When are you free ?
Sunday's Disaster
Defeated for the first time
Doctor's Daughter ?!
Chiharu's sadness and Chihiro's reasons
Training Camp!
Calamity Strikes
Love
A Favor
Megane bishoujo , megane bishounen !
Help from Tokyo
Class and Library Preparations
School Festival!
Jealousy
Apologies
Next is Tokyo!
Reo's Absolute Happiness
Unexpected Confession
Reply
Meeting Kiseki no Sedai
Mad
Faith
Wake me up
A Day to Remember
First Snow
Epilogue
SPECIAL CHAPTER!
An Honoured Fanart

I'm Alive

7K 288 74
Від akashi_ryuuki

Chapter 28- I’m Alive.

    Akashi Seijuurou stared at the frame on the bedside table, a picture of a beautiful woman with red hair, smiling. It’s as if she’s smiling at him from the picture. He smiled back and remembered her sweet scent, her sweet smile, her everything, she was the one who had helped him going through all of this. Even though she died, it’s like she was beside him all these while, guiding him silently. Crying won’t bring her back, so he gladly accepted the fact that his beloved beautiful woman which is his mother had died because of an illness.

Illness.

Disease.

Sickness.

    Those words brought back unpleasant memories. Why? Why does every woman he met must go before him? Why must he be the one who suffers and mourns? If only he could swap souls with Seikina, then maybe, just maybe, he could feel better, Seikina could stop suffering, could stop crying and thinking about her death.

    “You will live.” That’s what he told her each and every time because he don’t want to believe that she will leave. He don’t want to believe that she would go to where his mother is. He don’t want to believe she will leave him helpless, clueless like how his mother did. He regretted. Why couldn’t he meet Seikina earlier? Why?

This feeling, this sickening feeling where he knew she would go anyway, where he knew he won’t be living with her hurts too much. Too much even for his steel heart, too much for him to carry it.

Cry? Will it make him better?

Will crying cure her?

For the first time, this absolute redhead was defeated by his own feelings, by this extremely cruel fate where even his protest won’t work.

This is destiny.

*  *  *  *

    Kuriyama Sumire screamed when the mixture dissolved and formed a green, yellowish liquid. “This is it! This is it! This is the complete antidote!” she yelled.

    Yamamoto watched her from behind and chuckled. “I’m glad you managed that, Sumire. But I received reports that the girl Seikina, can no longer walk. Why is that?”

    She turned to her partner and sighed. “When I did some x-ray or any tests, her legs are okay. But it’s not functioning. I don’t know what went wrong. Did you check it?”

    He shook his head. “Am going to after this. You sort out that antidote first then we can take her for the operations.”

    “Thank you for helping me, Yuuhei.”

    “Don’t mention it.”

*  *  *  *

Seikina.

Yukina pouted and looked at me. I pouted back at her then smiled and ruffled her hair. “What did I do wrong?” she asked. 30 minutes ago, she barged into my ward and asked what’s wrong with me. I answered her, saying that she did a bad thing and I got a little sick. And she’s been wondering what she did wrong since 30 minutes ago. No, it’s just too heartbreaking to tell her.

    Suddenly the door opened. We turned to the door and Yukina jumped happily then purposely collided into Seijuurou. He lifted her up and entered. Reo and Kotarou were there. Chihiro, Chiharu and Eikichi couldn’t come because they were stuck in detention for being late to class. They settled themselves on the chairs provided. Yukina is on Seijuurou’s lap, as usual.

    “How are you feeling Seiki-chan ?” Reo asked.

    “Fine as ever.” I answered.

    “Nii-chan, what did I do wrong?” Yukina spoke. Seijuurou frowned.

    “You did nothing wrong, why?” he asked.

    “Nee-chan said I did something very bad and I need to fix my attitudes then only she’d be fine.”

    Seijuurou glanced at me and I looked away. “She’s correct. You have to stay with Kuriyama Sensei while she’s here. You have to take shower yourself, don’t play with the shampoo, no wasting water or food. Eat your meals properly, do your homeworks, do exercises, sleep early and always remember to brush your teeth and wash your feet before going to sleep.” He answered.

    “Eeehh, but I did all of that even when she’s with me!” Yukina protested. Seijuurou hugged her and she was hushed, still disappointed not knowing what’s wrong with me. She then got down from his lap and went to Reo.

    “Reo-nii, what did I do wrong?” she asked.

    Reo thought for a moment then, “You didn’t play with me and Kotarou for a long time!”

    I looked at them. Reo winked at me. He and Kotarou went out to take Yukina to play at the hospital’s garden.

    “She won’t understand if I tell her.” I spoke.

    “She’s a smart kid, she will.” Seijuurou answered. Right then, Yamamoto Sensei came in bringing his green clipboard and smiled at us.

    “Akane, I’m going to do some tests if you don’t mind,” he turned to Seijuurou. “It won’t be long.”

    Seijuurou nodded and I moved my legs down. I stood then almost immediately I fell. Seijuurou caught my arms before I could, though. I gripped his shoulders then moved my legs. His hands held my waist, helping me to stand.

No.

No why can’t I move?

Why ain’t I feeling anything?

No.

My eyes went teary and my voice cracked as I questioned, “What happened?” the horror of not being able to walk again crept within me.

    “That’s what I want to see.” Yamamoto Sensei nodded and motioned for me to sit on the bed. Seijuurou helped me with it. I stared at Yamamoto Sensei.

    “Sensei....” my voice trailed off, finding the suitable question.

    “Sumire did some tests on your legs. It all showed normal results but in reality, your legs are not functioning. I wanted to check if it’s temporary or permanent but I guess I do know the results now. So, if you don’t mind I’ll do some more tests to know what’s wrong on your legs.” He explained.

    “I can’t walk....?” the question came out as a whisper.

    Yamamoto Sensei went silent and avoided eye contact while Seijuurou volunteered to carry me to the room instead of bringing me using a wheelchair.

-^.^-

    I woke up and blinked in the dark. Someone turned on the lights and moved my head. There sat Seijuurou and sleeping Yukina on his side. Kotarou and Reo were sleeping on the couch provided. Seijuurou looked at me. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

    Now that I think about it, “I feel.... completely fine.” I answered and looked around.

    “Did you remember anything?” he asked and I shook my head as an answer.

    “Yamamoto Sensei took you to his room for your legs examination. Two hours later, the antidote was finished and they did an operation on you as fast as they could. Eighteen hours later, you’re still unconscious probably because of the heavy sleeping medicine they gave you. But the good news is....”

    My heart skipped a beat. It worked? The antidote really worked?! It did!? I wanted to scream right there and then. Suddenly, he pulled my hands and hugged me so tight I thought he wanted to kill me.

    I heard him sniffed. I hugged him back. “Seijuurou am I going to live?” I whispered, tears fell from my eyes.

    “You will live, you will, believe me.” He answered.

    I gripped his shirt. “I am going to live, Seijuurou, I am going to live. I’m alive, I am going to live.” And I started to cry harder. We stayed like that for quite a long time.

*  *  *  *

    “Sumire, the antidote won’t last.”

    “.... She will survive.”

    “Your antidote is not stable.”

    “She’ll....live.”

this is unedited so please do forgive any grammatical or spelling errors you found :D thank you for the so many reads, votes and comments. I really love you guys I mean it.

I seriously do mean it.

Have a great day, mortals.

By my leave....

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

50K 1.4K 22
[Akashi x reader] "someday you'll cry for me like I cried for you; someday you'll miss me like I missed you; someday you'll need me like I needed you...
13.5K 559 18
[1st place in the category 'Hayama Kotaro' of KnB Watty Awards 2015] 'It was a rainy spring day when it happened. Akashi Seijuro, the firstborn who w...
351K 10.3K 38
KnB x Reader oneshots. Disclaimer: I do not own KnB, you, or the cover pic. *Extra Note: Izuki's soul lives within the title.*
34.6K 1.1K 21
❝Because you know that I never meant to hurt you, and I know you feel the same.❞ [ Bungou Stray Dogs Alternate Reality ] • [ Akutagawa Ryuunosuke x O...