Meant To Be #wattys2019

By oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 16

3.6K 310 40
By oh_hi_byeee

Anabiya stared at the big door in front of her and she took a deep breathe.

What if Mr. Saeed scolds me like he did to Arhaan Sir?

Anabiya again took a deep breath when she heard someone clearing their throat.

"He is not going to kill you.", Arhaan said and Anabiya glared at him.

After few seconds she again turned towards the door when she again heard Arhaan speak.

"Go inside or move aside. Don't block the way!", Arhaan said this time a bit irritated.

Anabiya again looked at him and this time swiftly turned back and opened the door.

"Assalamualaikum, Mr. Saeed.", she greeted as she entered, her eyes on the floor.

Abdul didn't fail to notice the nervousness on Anabiya's face as she rubbed her palms together.

"Walekumassalam, beta!", Abdul greeted back with a smile and Anabiya instantly looked at him.

Obviously, her boss addressing her with the word 'beta' was shocking as well as new for her but it did calm her down a bit.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'm really sorry! I shouldn't have behaved like that in a meeting when I know-", Anabiya started speaking, her words and their speed too quick while Arhaan stared and a small smile appeared on his face because he found Anabiya funnily cute.

Abdul Saeed interrupted Anabiya.
"Anabiya Malik, it's fine. Please have a seat."

Anabiya instantly shut her mouth as she took a seat.

"First of all, I would like to clear that you and him",  Abdul looked at Arhaan who was also seated but at the far end of the table and then at Anabiya.

"You both were wrong.", he completed and Anabiya's eyes widened a bit and her mouth fell open but she quickly maintained her posture.

"I'm sorry.", she slowly apologised.

"Stop apologising! And listen to me. See, I know you're very young and at this age, temper resides at it's par and on the upper level of the brain. Anabiya Malik, when you came for the interview, I knew at that time that I'm hiring a very young person for this job but I knew you were capable and confident and MashaAllah you are. I care for you just like I care for my every employee but you're the youngest so I'm more concerned about you. Do you realise what people must be talking about you both?", Abdul paused and Anabiya nodded, her head hung low.

Arhaan too clenched his jaw as guilt spread over him.

"I'm sorry Sir. I won't repeat this again. I promise.", Anabiya apologised, her voice just above a whisper.

Abdul shook his head.

"You're a hard-working child, I'm saying this to you so that you can learn from your mistakes. Everybody commits mistakes and it's totally fine if you both did too. But next time make sure that you both don't get into a war of words. Okay?", Abdul smiled at Anabiya and Anabiya nodded as she smiled back.

There was a knock on the door and soon the other team members joined.

Abdul Saeed discussed some main points and when he and his son realised that the further meeting can be conducted by Arhaan, Abdul left.

The meeting when on smoothly, but Arhaan and Anabiya didn't look at each other. They did interact when it was important and project related but otherwise none of them even looked at each other.

...................

"WHAATTT?" Anabiya shouted as she massaged her temples.

"I'm sorry, ma'am but the cab couldn't go more than five minutes. I have to end your ride here itself.", The cab driver said as he looked at Anabiya apologetically.

Anabiya glared at him and then got out of the cab.

Abdul Saeed after discussing some important points, left and then the rest of the meeting was conducted by Arhaan. Just as the meeting ended and tomorrow's routine regarding the flight and all was confirmed, Anabiya booked a cab. Tanya went with her fiancè for a dinner date while  others managed their own rides. But here Anabiya was, just a few minutes away from her office, stuck because of a broken cab.

What a day! Great! First I had a fight with my boss who's ego is higher than the Burj Al Khalifa... Oh wait! Burj Al Khalifa? I'm so excited for Dubaiiii! Ya Allah! Anabiya focus! Then the meeting ended so late and now just 10 minutes away  from my office, the cab decided to give up! Wow! Just WOW!

Anabiya groaned as she mentally shouted and then saw the road.

The road had some people walking at some point but otherwise it was deserted. She sighed and decided to walk back towards the office so she could feel a bit safe and relaxed.

She looked at her phone and tried to book another cab but her internet decided to ditch her.

Please don't do this, dear internet! Work work work!!!

Anabiya shook her phone, as she started walking faster towards her office when suddenly a car came and stopped in front of her.

She decided not to stop, instead she walked more faster, panic overtaking her calm demeanour.

"Miss Anabiya!", she heard a voice and she slowed down a bit and turned around.

Arhaan got out of his car and looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Anabiya again looked ahead and started walking.

"Anabiya Malik, what are you doing? Where are you going?", Arhaan questioned, this time following her.

"None of your business.", Anabiya deadpanned.

"Okay.... Stop!" Arhaan came in front of Anabiya which made her stop suddenly and she lost her balance a bit and Arhaan again came forward to help her but she managed to stand straight and keep her self steady.

"Please, move.", Anabiya said but nonetheless moved to her left and again was about to overtake Arhaan when Arhaan hopped on front of her.

"Where are you going? At this time?" He asked again.

Anabiya stared at him for about half a minute and then sighed.

"Look, Arhaan Sir, we both should maintain a professional and formal relation amongst each other. I guess the office hours are finished and we're out of the office premises so please, no informal communication.", Anabiya walked past him and Arhaan groaned.

"Look, the meeting ended late and now it is my responsibility to take care of my employee's safety and conveyance. So tell me why are you roaming here in the streets all alone?", Arhaan explained and questioned Anabiya.

Anabiya narrowed her eyes.

"I wanted to stroll because this street looks like a garden to me!", she said sarcastically as she used her arms to represent the silent street.

"Happy now?", she said and again started walking.

Arhaan shook his head.

"Such a drama queen!", he said to himself.

"Anabiya....", Arhaan sighed and then started walking behind her.

"Don't follow me!", she said without stopping and without looking back.

"You don't own this street, miss. Even I pay taxes.", this time it was Arhaan's turn to be sarcastic.

Anabiya shook her head and looked at her phone, praying for her internet to work but to no avail.

"Anabiya... seriously? You're moving towards the office? Didn't know you love this place so much!", Arhaan said with amusement laced in his voice and Anabiya stopped and turned to her left.

"Why did you stop now?", Arhaan asked after few minutes.

Anabiya glanced at him and then sighed. She knew her boss won't give up so easily. She therefore decided to answer him so that he could then stop talking to her. Or initiate any further conversation.

"The cab I booked broke down so I had to get down and now my internet isn't working. So couldn't book another cab. So trying to find a local cab or something.", she finally answered.

"You really think I'll let you go alone in a cab?", Arhaan asked with disbelief in his voice.

"Its fine. You don't have to worry.", Anabiya simply said though she wanted to smile at his concern.

"Look, it was because of official work that took you so long and now at this hour, I can't let you go alone. Your conveyance is my responsibility now.", Arhaan said and Anabiya didn't respond instead she looked at the far end of the road in search of a cab.

"Wait! Where's your car?", Arhaan asked and Anabiya looked at him.

"I was not feeling too well to drive.", Anabiya said sheepishly and Arhaan shook his head.

"I'll drop you. Come.", Arhaan said and turned to walk towards his car but Anabiya stared at him as if he just said that he's an alien and wants to abduct her.

"Whaaatttt?", Arhaan asked as he waved his right hand.

"I'm not coming with you.", Anabiya simply said and folded her arms on her chest.

"Why?", Arhaan questioned as he repeated the same gesture.

"We are going to maintain just professional and formal relation. That's it. I'm no-one to you as soon as I leave the office premises. And I can handle myself. Thank you.", Anabiya said and Arhaan frowned.

"Fine. Stay here. I'll be waiting in the car. Whenever you feel like coming, just come. Or if you'll find a cab, I'm going to follow it till you reach safely.", Arhaan started to walk off towards his car and Anabiya instantly looked at him.

"You don't have to...", she said and this time Arhaan ignored her and settled in his car. He didn't close the door though.

Five minutes. Ten minutes.

No cab came.

Anabiya looked at her watch and sighed. She quickly texted her mother saying her cab broke.

Just then she saw two men on a bike.

Anabiya's heartbeat quickened as she gulped. She looked at Arhaan with the corner of her eyes and even saw him alarmed as he came out of the car.

The bike came nearer and nearer and Anabiya felt her heart thumping against her chest.

And then the bike passed and Anabiya let out a shaky breath she was holding for God knows how much time.

Arhaan too relaxed a bit and then his phone started ringing which was carelessly lying inside the car. He saw Nabeeha's name and picture flashing on the screen so he again settled inside the car as he received the call.

Anabiya again scanned the road for any trace of cab but then she heard a noise.

The two men on the bike were back. This time from the opposite side.

Anabiya gulped as drops of sweat appeared on her forehead. She hugged herself tightly.

No. Please no. Ya Allah! Please they should go. Please.

Arhaan on the other hand was talking to Nabeeha.

"Yes I'll be home soon. Don't know how much time though but I'll-", Arhaan stopped as he saw the bike again and his jaw clenched.

"I'll talk to you after sometime.", he said in a husky voice as he ended the call.

The bike slowed down as it came near Anabiya and Anabiya took few steps back.

The guys had a creepy smile plastered on their faces. Anabiya felt disgusted and scared but she tried to maintain a neutral expression as she turned her head away from the men.

And then they came nearer and the bike slowed.

Arhaan briskly walked, eyes red with anger, jaw clenched and hair ruffled.

He fumed as he came nearer to the men.

The men on the bike saw Arhaan.

Arhaan.....A young man with a good body, eyes red with anger and the fierce look on his face made the guys shiver with fear. He looked furious. And dangerous.

The man sitting at the back slapped the back of the guy in the front, indicating him to speed up the bike and escape.
The man then sped up and they finally ran away again leaving Arhaan and Anabiya alone.

Anabiya sighed with relief but then she again felt scared. Not because of the men. They were gone. But because of Arhaan who looked furious.

"You still want to be here?", Arhaan asked, his voice deep and Anabiya blinked slowly as she looked up at him.

She had never seem him this furious or mad.

"Get inside the car. Now!", Arhaan said with his voice dangerously low but anger evident in it.

Anabiya was at the loss of words. She had never seen Arhaan so furious before. And she knew it was because of her. First, she decides to fight with him in the office then she refused to take his help and when she was almost face to face with those two creepy men who could do anything to her, the only person who helped her was Arhaan.

Arhaan would've actually kill those two men if they wouldn't have escaped. And that scared Anabiya.

All this because of her.

She quickly started walking towards Arhaan's car when her phone started ringing.

She looked at the screen and her frown was gone.

She quickly answered the phone.

"Omar......", she sighed as relief washed through her and Arhaan looked at her, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes yes. I'm here near the left cross....", she quickly said and ended the call.

"I need to go.", she quickly said as she looked at Arhaan, who had confusion written over on his face.

They both heard a horn and Anabiya looked behind Arhaan and quickly ran towards the car.

Arhaan frowned as he turned around and looked at Anabiya's retreating back. He tilted his head a little to get the view of the guy who he realised was named Omar.

Arhaan didn't know why but he felt something burning inside him.

Anabiya on the other hand saw Omar smiling at her and she tried to smile back but failed.

Though her mind was telling her not to look back but still she fought with it and looked back.

She saw Arhaan and gave a small smile which he noticed and just gave a small nod.

If that were some other people, they wouldn't have even understood what one was trying to say.

But this was Anabiya and Arhaan. Though they argue a lot and find each other irritating, but both know how to speak with small actions and gestures.

Anabiya quickly turned back as she reached the car and slipped down on the passenger's seat.

She glanced at Arhaan one more time who was still rooted in that place and then Omar started the car and they drove off.

After ten minutes, the signal came. The cars and bikes all stopped.

Omar stared at Anabiya, as she just looked down at her fingers.

"Anabiya?", Omar's voice startled Anabiya as she quickly looked up at him.

"Omar! Thankyou for coming. I was actually stuck. My cab broke down and my internet wasn't working and OH WAIT!", Anabiya almost shouted.

"How did you know?", she asked.

"Fatima aunty informed me. She asked me to pick you up. I tried calling you before but your phone was not reachable.", Omar explained and Anabiya nodded.

"Thanks.", she smiled.

"Who was that guy?", Omar asked and Anabiya felt something inside her.

"Arhaan.... Sir. My boss.", she answered and quickly looked out of the window.

There was silence between them for two minutes when again Omar questioned.

"What was he doing with you? I mean why were you with him?"

At this point, Anabiya sighed.

"Well he offered me to drop but I refused because we kinda had a fight in the office today and then.....", Anabiya started explaining everything to Omar and gave him all the details of what happened today, carefully editing the parts where she actually felt good about Arhaan.

Omar nodded.

"You could've called me. Then you wouldn't have to be alone with a stranger. Nor the unknown men would've scared you.", Omar said and Anabiya looked at him, with confusion written all over her face.

"Stranger who? Arhaan Sir? Are you crazy? He's not a stranger.'', she almost shouted and Omar glared at her.

Anabiya huffed and again looked out of the window.

The whole ride was silent.

No doubt, Omar was jealous.

But he was also happy when Anabiya received his call and the way she said his name. The way she called out his name made him smile.

As they reached their complex, Omar looked at Anabiya.

"Anabiya.... can we talk?"

Anabiya slowly nodded as she knew what was about to come.

"You know about my feelings regarding you, right?" Omar asked and Anabiya gulped.

"Yes, I do. Sanaya told me.", Anabiya said as normally as she could.

"So, it's a no?", Omar asked, though he was not ready to hear the answer. He dreaded Anabiya's rejection.

"I don't know. Omar, to be honest, I don't want that kinda relation with anyone.  Not you. Not with anyone.", Anabiya said with confidence laced in her voice.

"Should I wait?", Omar questioned and Anabiya shrugged.

"You shouldn't wait for anyone, Omar." She simply said as she walked out of the car and went inside her building's gate, leaving Omar heartbroken.

..............

"Why did you end the call abruptly? And what happened at the office today? Tell me tell me TELL ME!'', Nabeeha shouted as she followed Arhaan all around his room as Arhaan ruffled his wet hair as he walked towards his wardrobe.

"Nabeeha I was showering and the whole time you were outside my bathroom shouting the same thing. Give me a minute to relax and please move out. I need to change. I can't stay in this towel for the whole night.", Arhaan said a bit irritated as he walked towards his closet.

"We have walk-in closets in our bedrooms, Alhumdulillah. Go there and change. And I'm your sister. You don't have to shy away from me.", Nabeeha giggled and Arhaan groaned as he walked Inside the closet.

"Okay..... sit sit!", Nabeeha said like a small child and gestured Arhaan to sit as soon as he came out.

"Okay so your friend and I got into an argument." Arhaan said and Nabeeha gasped.

"YOU FOUGHT WITH MY FRIEND? SHE'S SUCH A SWEETHEART! HOW CAN YOU?", Nabeeha shouted as she threw a pillow at Arhaan and Arhaan threw it back.

"Yeah I know....", Arhaan muttered. But then mentally slapped himself as he realised what he said.

"What?", Nabeeha asked.

"I mean I know I shouldn't have done that but everything's cool now." He simply said.

"And why are you so late today?", Nabeeha questioned.

"Again. Because of your friend. Her cab broke down and I offered to drop her but she is so adamant and stubborn. She refused. But then I can't leave her alone on the streets. So I was waiting for her to either give up and Let me drop her or to get her a local cab or something so that I can follow the cab until she reaches safely. But then some creeps came and Wallah, I wanted to kill them but they ran away. Anabiya was scared though she tried to show that she's strong and even i know she is but she was scared. To be honest I was pissed off. I was about to drop her when her boyfriend or fiancè....", Arhaan clenched his jaw involuntarily as the scene repeated in his mind.

"... whoever he was came and she went with him. Story over. Happy?" Arhaan looked at her sister, who stared at him without blinking.

"She's not engaged.... boyfriend? But she's more into halal marriage thingy.", Nabeeha said as she tapped her finger on her chin.

"What was the guy's name? Did she say anything?" Nabeeha asked.

"Omar.", Arhaan said with a flat tone as he took his phone and started to check out his social media accounts.

"Omar! Oh god! Arhaan he's not her fiancè or boyfriend!" Nabeeha face palmed and started to laugh.

"Whatever.", Arhaan muttered though he felt a bit releaved.

"But he could be...in future though....", Nabeeha trailed off and saw how Arhaan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you so worried about them?", Arhaan questioned.

Nabeeha just shrugged.

"She irritates you, isn't she?", Nabeeha asked instead.

"Yeah. A lot.", Arhaan answered as he just glanced at Nabeeha and again looked at his phone.

"But she's amazingly cute, funny and adorable!", Nabeeha exclaimed as she chuckled and Arhaan smiled.

"Yeah....", he muttered thinking his sister didn't notice.

But little did he know, she did.

"You should say such stuff about Ali after you get married to him instead of saying these things about a girl.... which I must tell is weird. You know you girls are so awkward and weird!", Arhaan complained and Nabeeha smirked.

"You're jealous, huh?", she teased and Arhaan glared at her.

"Night, Arhaan!"

Nabeeha smiled as she left his room.
..............

Anabiya laid on her bed, feeling different emotions as her brain and heart were indulged in weird games.

I hate him. I hate Arhaan Saeed.
Wait! No I don't!
But he fought with me. Egoistic jerk!
But he also apologised.
Because Mr. Saeed asked him to. Maybe.
But he kept waiting with me when I told him about the cab and refused to travel with him.

Anabiya smiled.

But then the smile turned into a frown and she shivered.

The look on Arhaan's face when he was approaching those men was furious and fierce. He looked... dangerous.

But Anabiya could not help but smile again. No matter how much she tried to deny, she knew she felt proud and good when Arhaan literally came to kill those men.

She felt bad too. She felt bad to be so vulnerable.

The day was too long for Anabiya. Little did she know there was much more awaiting for her.

Arhaan Saeed.... You're actually running on my mind.....

The last thing Anabiya thought as she dozed off.

.....................

Arhaan on the other hand thought the same things.

She hates me. She hates me so much that she can stand alone on the road rather than  travelling with me.

Arhaan Saeed you screwed up big time. Maybe she was right. I'm egoistic. But I wasn't like this before. Was I?
Certainly, not.

Arhaan sighed.

I'm sorry Anabiya Malik. I'm sorry.
I still don't know why I can't apologise to you. I know I should. But I can't.

Two minds. Two souls. Two hearts. Raw emotions.

Unaware of the fact that their fates are colliding with each other for a reason.

They are rarely on the same page. They usually fight. Argue.

Can't help but think about each other.

Little do they know, all of this that happened and all off the things that are going to happen, they all are Meant To Be......

.......................

...........................
Ya Allahhhh!

So my sweetkins,  the most difficult chapter till date because the emotions are hard to portray. But I tried to portray them. *phewwww*

So well because I have worked so hard, please please pleaaasssseeeee vote and comment and share! Like pleaaasseee? Give this kid some reward. 😭😭😭

Anyway, I love you all. So who all are excited for Arhaan and Anabiya's Dubai trip?

Also, I wanted to ask.

Do you guys want a little glimpse of other couples too?

Like Humaid -Afia and Nabeeha- Ali?

Please let me know.

Love ya all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 5.6K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
599K 32K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
103K 8K 64
This is book one which is completed but you can find the continuation of this book YOU ARE THE EVERYTHING I NEED. ----------+++++++++-----++++++++++...
41K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...