Criminal Lovers [Editing]

By beyqueeen

(Book One) Sade Johnson is a Criminal. Point Blank. And the fact that her own father is a Police Officer does... More

1 | Criminal Lovers (Jacob Perez Love Story)
2 | Crazy in Love.
3 | Emotionally Unstable.
4 | It's 5 O'clock in the Morning.
5 | I Told You So.
6 | Never Lose Hope.
- I need characters (;
- Casting Call Results
7 | Juvenile Boot Camp.
8 | Laugh At My Pain.
9 | I Did It For You.
- Important News! :D
10 | Runaway Love. (1/5)
11 | There's No Me Without You. (2/5)
12 | New Places, New Feelings. (3/5)
13 | The Cycle. (4/5)
14 | Pull The Plug. (5/5)
15 | 7 Minutes in Heaven.
17 | The Truth Will Set You Free.
18 | Been Through Hell And Back. (1/2)
19 | Number One Girl. (2/2)
- Criminal Minds -

16 | Morphine.

9.7K 182 56
By beyqueeen

When I said that the ending of the book is sad, I didn’t mean like “cry your eyes out” sad, just something that’ll make you say “Aww, boo hoo.” but I don’t know, if you’re a really sensitive person, then maybe you’ll cry.

______________________________________________________________________

(Jacob’s P.O.V.)

I slowly unwrapped my arms from Sadé’s waist, struggling to make sure I didn’t wake her up. That’s the last thing I wanted to do since if she did wake up, she’d trouble me with a series of questions, asking me where I was going and what not. 

I crept out of the queen-sized bed then tiptoed to the bathroom, every now and then glancing back at Sadé to make sure she was still sound asleep. And I smiled to myself when I saw that she still was.

As I snuck into the bathroom, my phone began to ring, causing me to sprint back out the bathroom, and over to my nightstand, but in the process of it, I stubbed my toe on the nightstand and I felt a shriek bubble up in my throat, but I held it in.

“Babe,” Sadé muttered in her sleep as she turned around in the bed. I ducked my head down, snatched my iPhone from the nightstand, then scurried back into the bathroom. I quietly shut the door as I looked at the caller ID. It was Chresanto’s Mother calling, and knowing that this might be important, I picked it up. 

“Hello?” I spoke into the receiver.

“Jacob!” Mrs. August’s perky voice filled my ear, “How are you doing?”

“I’m doing good, thanks for asking. How is Kyra doing?”

“Oh, I’m doing good, too. Thanks for asking.” She said sarcastically, and we both shared a quick laugh. “But Kyra's doing good, she actually met a boy -”

“A boy?” My grip on the cell phone tightened, and I felt myself get a bit angry. Kyra is only three years old, she shouldn’t be thinking about boys, let alone talking to them!

“Don’t worry, Jacob. He’s just a three year old boy named Jordan. I found him off the street, and he said that he didn’t want to go home, nor did he want to go to the police station, so I took him to my house. But I’m not sure what I’m going to do with him, his parents must be worried sick...” Her voice trailed away as she went into a deep thought.

“Jordan?” My face lit up with glee and I did a little dance with my feet, I was glad to know that Jordan was well and okay. “Mrs. August, keep Jordan with you - actually, why don’t you fly Kyra and Jordan down here so they can visit? Remember Sadé? The girl I talked to you about? Well Jordan is her little brother, I’m sure Kyra would love to see me, and Jordan would love to see Sadé. And don’t worry about the price of tickets, when you guys come down here, I’ll pay you back.” The words were rolling off my tongue so fast, I didn’t even know if Mrs. August could understand what I was saying. Excitement took the best of me.

“Calm down boy,” She chuckled. “I’ll buy three tickets, and we should be down there this weekend.”

“Thanks, Mrs. August.” I kissed her through the phone before hanging up, then I began to get ready for my day.

(Sadé’s P.O.V.) 

I could hear Jacob talking to Chresanto’s mother while he was in the bathroom, and I smiled at the fact that Jordan was coming over - and I was also going to be able to meet Jacob’s daughter. 

But my smile slowly faded away when I watched Jacob walk out the bathroom, fully dressed in basketball shorts, a ripped shirt that showed off his muscles, and converse - I know damn well he ain’t going to no McDonalds dressed like that. 

He grab his keys, then walk out the bedroom door. “Jacob!” I hollered after him. I sprung out of the bed, then chased him out the door. 

Looking annoyed, he stopped and turned to look at me. “Babe, right now is not the time. I have to go to work.”

I looked him up and down, “Then where’s your McDonalds uniform?”

He lifted his eyebrows, then looked down at his outfit. “O-Oh!” He rubbed the back of his neck, “They haven’t given it to me, yet. I get my uniform today.”

“Oh really?” I crossed my arms over my chest. “I have a feeling you’re lying to me.”

“Why would you think that?” His eyes shifted around the room, and he chewed down on his bottom lip - giving me a hint that he was lying, and also very nervous.

I sighed, I wasn’t going to stand here and waste his time. I might as well cut to the chase, “Are you a male prostitute?” 

His jaw dropped to the floor, and he stared at me in disbelief. But once he regained his posture, he shook his head and laughed. “A male prostitute? What makes you think that?”

“Um, well you come home with a bunch of bruises on you and you had a pocket full of money, why shouldn’t I think that?”

“I told you, I’m working at McDonalds. Why would I lie to you?”

“Why wouldn’t you lie to me? You lied to me about dying, you lied to me about your identity, you lied to me about -”

He rubbed his temples, “Alright, I get it. I lie a lot, but not this time.” He kissed me on the forehead, “I’m working at McDonalds, I swear.” He blew me a kiss before exiting the apartment. 

(Jacob’s P.O.V.)

I wiped my face with the palm of my hands and let out a sigh of relief. It was only my second day on the job, and Sadé was already catching on to me. And it’s not like I really wanted to do this, but we need the money, and how else are we gonna get it? I know damn well McDonalds isn’t going to pay me as much as Rico does - so for right now, this is best.

I pushed my car key into the ignition before driving off, and as I drove down to the Hospital that was located downtown, I called up Mario, “Wassup, bruh?” Mario spoke once he answered the phone.

“Mario, it’s my second day on the job - but my girl is already starting to question me. I’m not sure if I can go through with this.”

Mario banged his fist against something, “Dammit man! What did I tell you? Hide the damn money! Of course she gon’ get suspicious if you’re coming home with a thousand dollars - yet she thinks you work at McDonalds!”

I sighed, I guess no one was on my side. “But what about the bruises?” 

“Cover that shit up with makeup, damn.” I heard him light a cigarette, “And don’t forget to get the stuff before you come here.” 

I mentally rolled my eyes, then hung up the phone - not even caring to say bye. I don’t have enough time to cover my entire body with makeup, so I don’t know what the hell Mario is talking about.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrived at Shelby Hospital, and after parking my car in the parking lot, I reached into the back seat of my car to grab my mallet. I pushed my seat back a bit, then took off my left shoe. I held the mallet up to my ankle, then tightly shut my eyes, and prepared myself for the excruciating pain that I was about to feel. 

I held in my breath as I banged the hammer against my ankle. I yelped in pain, but continued to do it. And after about five minutes of pure torture, I slipped my shoe back on, then limped into the hospital.

“Hello, how may I help you?” The forty year old Caucasian woman at the front desk spoke.

I leaned onto the counter for support, “I need to see a doctor. I think I sprained or broke my ankle. And it hurts like a mother.”

She quickly jumped out of her rolling-chair, causing it to spin around in circles. She rounded the desk, then bent down to examine my ankle. “Wow!” She shrieked, completely fascinated in my sprained ankle. “Yeah, you need to see a doctor immediately about this.” She escorted me to the elevator, and we went up to the forth floor, where I was instantly taken into a doctors room.

I limped over to the examination table, then waited patiently for the doctor to come in. I felt my left pocket shake - my phone was vibrating. I glanced at the phone to see it was a text from Sadé.

[LongHurrDontCurr]: So how’s work, baby? ;)

[PuffDaddy]: Terrible, this ratchet ho named Latoya keeps giving me attitude.

I texted back, remembering the bitch, Latoya, I met yesterday.

[LongHurrDontCurr]:Aww, sowy :’(

[PuffDaddy]: It’s alright. But I gtg mop the floors, I’ll see you at home. Love you (:

[LongHurrDontCurr]: Love you too! MUWAH :*

I shoved my phone deep into my pocket - times like these I’m happy I’m such a good liar.

The Doctor entered the room with a smile on his face. “Hello, sir. I hear you have a sprained ankle.” He said, washing his hands in the sink that was located in the corner of the cubic room.

“Yeah, but I have to get to my daughters birthday party in like ten minutes, do you mind making this quick?” I lied.

“Sure, let me just check your ankle out.” He grabbed my ankle, and I winced in pain.

“Wow! What did you do to it?”

I scratched my head, I never thought of an excuse. “Um, I-I was swimming with my daughter, and she dared me to jump off my roof and into the pool... Yeah, it wasn’t pretty.”

“Wow, that wasn’t the smartest idea!” He joked, and I played along by chuckling at his stupid remark. “Well, we’re going to wrap up your ankle, then give you some pain killers so the pain won’t be so bad, then you’ll be on your way!”

“Thank you, sir.” 

Like the man said, he wrapped my ankle up, then gave me some Morphine to take all the pain away. 

I patted my pockets, “Dammit! I left my wallet at home, how am I supposed to pay for the Morphine?”

He stared at me blankly before saying, “It’s alright. This time it’s on us, but make sure next time, if this happens again, you remember your wallet!” He patted me on the back.

“Alright. Thank you, again.” I smirked as I walked out the hospital.

[Rico’s House]

“You got it?” Mario asked before chugging down his beer. I nodded as I limped into his house, then handed his boys the Morphine. “Did they question you?” I shook my head, I was in too much pain to answer with words. Mario smiled, “Good.” 

Without saying another word, he handed me my money, along with a small cup. “What’s this for?” I grunted.

“I have a drug test today, so piss in that cup and give it to me. I’ll pay you two hundred bucks for it.” 

“Two hundred bucks for my piss?” I shrugged, “Alright.” I wasn’t going to complain, this was literally free money. 

I did as I was told, then carefully set the cup down on his table. And once everything was settled, I chucked up the deuces, then walked out his house.

_______

I drove home with a small smile on my face, but that smile didn't last long. Because once I pulled into the apartment complex, I saw that Sadé was throwing all my shit outside. There were suitcases full of my clothes, and literally everything I owned was on the street. I faced palmed myself, "Shit."

_________________________________________________________________________________

My Dad works in an ER, and he told me that people always purposely hurt themselves, so they can go to the ER and get morphine - a analgesic and narcotic drug. And then he says that after they get the morphine, they say they forgot their wallet at home, so they don't have to pay for the drug.

So in a way, Jacob's a drug dealer... I guess. 

Don't worry, the drama is coming, as you can see. And y'all might not be happy about this but, only four more chapters left of this story then it's over.

Goal: 30 comments & 40 votes.

Update: In this story, Mario's name was once Rico, but then I changed it to Mario for specific reasons. But i'm not sure if I changed all the names, so if you see the name "Rico" in one sentence, and the name "Mario" in the other... Just know that they're the same people. 

Continue Reading