16 | Morphine.

When I said that the ending of the book is sad, I didn’t mean like “cry your eyes out” sad, just something that’ll make you say “Aww, boo hoo.” but I don’t know, if you’re a really sensitive person, then maybe you’ll cry.

______________________________________________________________________

(Jacob’s P.O.V.)

I slowly unwrapped my arms from Sadé’s waist, struggling to make sure I didn’t wake her up. That’s the last thing I wanted to do since if she did wake up, she’d trouble me with a series of questions, asking me where I was going and what not. 

I crept out of the queen-sized bed then tiptoed to the bathroom, every now and then glancing back at Sadé to make sure she was still sound asleep. And I smiled to myself when I saw that she still was.

As I snuck into the bathroom, my phone began to ring, causing me to sprint back out the bathroom, and over to my nightstand, but in the process of it, I stubbed my toe on the nightstand and I felt a shriek bubble up in my throat, but I held it in.

“Babe,” Sadé muttered in her sleep as she turned around in the bed. I ducked my head down, snatched my iPhone from the nightstand, then scurried back into the bathroom. I quietly shut the door as I looked at the caller ID. It was Chresanto’s Mother calling, and knowing that this might be important, I picked it up. 

“Hello?” I spoke into the receiver.

“Jacob!” Mrs. August’s perky voice filled my ear, “How are you doing?”

“I’m doing good, thanks for asking. How is Kyra doing?”

“Oh, I’m doing good, too. Thanks for asking.” She said sarcastically, and we both shared a quick laugh. “But Kyra's doing good, she actually met a boy -”

“A boy?” My grip on the cell phone tightened, and I felt myself get a bit angry. Kyra is only three years old, she shouldn’t be thinking about boys, let alone talking to them!

“Don’t worry, Jacob. He’s just a three year old boy named Jordan. I found him off the street, and he said that he didn’t want to go home, nor did he want to go to the police station, so I took him to my house. But I’m not sure what I’m going to do with him, his parents must be worried sick...” Her voice trailed away as she went into a deep thought.

“Jordan?” My face lit up with glee and I did a little dance with my feet, I was glad to know that Jordan was well and okay. “Mrs. August, keep Jordan with you - actually, why don’t you fly Kyra and Jordan down here so they can visit? Remember Sadé? The girl I talked to you about? Well Jordan is her little brother, I’m sure Kyra would love to see me, and Jordan would love to see Sadé. And don’t worry about the price of tickets, when you guys come down here, I’ll pay you back.” The words were rolling off my tongue so fast, I didn’t even know if Mrs. August could understand what I was saying. Excitement took the best of me.