Duel Magic

By DragonsFairy

(Yami Yugi/AtemXOC and YugiXOC Love Story) ( Under editing) (Female OC) In an orphanage in America, there liv... More

The Beginning
New Family
Finally Home!
New Friends?
New School
Fire!
The Past is Present
Let's Dance!
Something New!
The Egyptian God Cards!
Friends Till The End Part 1
Friends Till The End Part 2
Let the Finals Begin!
Ryou VS Yugi
The Second and Third Duel
The Last Three Duels!
Virtual Duel!
Cold Judge
Virtual Mess!
Semi-Finals Part 1
Semi-Finals Part 2
Finals! Random Time With All!
New Evil Is Here! New Power?
Where is Pegasus?
Rebecca and the Professor
The Loss Of Yugi
Yugi Vs. Yami, Forget the Past
Fighting for a Friend
Monsters, Dartz, and the Truth
Yugi's Back, World is Safe
New Tournament! My Yugi!
First Round
My Yugi! Not Yours!
Stop Trying To Steal My Boyfriend!
CHEATER!
The End Begins!
Back To The Past! Lets Go!
Bakura's Attack!
Nearing the End?
To little To Late
The Dark One Cometh Part 1
The Dark One Cometh Part 2
In the Name of the Pharaoh
The Final Journey
The Final Duel Part 1
The Final Duel Part 2
The Final Duel Part 3
The Final Duel Part 4
Epilogue
Author Note

Let's Get This Started!

4.9K 120 42
By DragonsFairy

Episode(s): 56 – 57, 60 – 62

Today was the beginning of the Battle City Tournament. Lilly was getting ready by trying on a new outfit. It consisted of a black short sleeved crop-top that stopped an inch under her breast, a royal blue jacket, black shorts, a royal blue belt that had the letters 'L. K.' on it, a tie with the letters 'L. K.' on it, and some black wrist bands with her Millennium Bracelet. Her hair was straight down. The last thing she put on was some black converse.

'I hope I look okay,' she thought as she went to go look for the boys. She noticed that her younger brothers had left to get things ready and that her elder brother was waiting for her.

"There you are," he said to her in his normal annoyed voice.

"Do I look bad?" she asked as she spun around, ignoring his annoyance.

"Not at all," he said with a slight smile.

"Thanks, big bro! You look good too!" she said with a smile as she noticed him wearing the jacket that she got him.

After that, they got on a blimp and went to start the Tournament.

~ While in the air ~

'Time to have some fun!' thought Lilly, excited for the tournament to start. Seto sat on a chair in front of a screen and Lilly sat next to him.

"Greetings duelist!" he said as the blimp flew above the area they had told everyone to gather.

"Welcome to Battle City!" she finished in an excited voice.

"It's time to put your dueling skills to the test. I hope none of you entered our tournament looking for friendly computation. Battle City's going to be an all-out war."

"Before our Battle City Tournament begins, we thought we'd let you all know what you're in for, in case you want to back out now."

"Let's begin with the new duel disk. Everyone who I decided was good enough to enter, received one. With it, you can duel anytime, anywhere, and they contain a tracking chip that allows us to watch every move you make."

"Second! If you lose, you must give up your rarest card! If you're too scared, then back out now."

"Finally, if anyone is foolish enough, they can challenge me or my sister to a duel, because we'll also be competing in this tournament. But don't get your hopes up because I interned to win, and there is one duelist out there I can't wait to defeat."

"And speaking of winning, only the best duelists can make it to the finals, and they will be held in a hidden location. In order to find the finals, you need these locater cards," she said while holding hers up.

"You'll need six of them to make it there. Stack six on top of each other and you'll find your location. But that's a long time away and most of you will be eliminated way before that.

Alright, everything we said, and more can be found in our Tournament Rulebook. Just remember, only one player can win and claim the title of number one duelist in the world!"

"Get ready duelist!"

"Let the tournament begin!" they said at the same time. With that, everyone went off to find their first opponent.

~Time Skip~

"Lilly?" asked Seto as they made it back to Kaiba Corp.

"Yes?" she asked, confused.

"You will stay with ether me or one of the younger boys during the tournament. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Okay big brother!" she said with a smile. It was easier to agree then try to fight him on it.

"Detecting activation of Duel Disk Battle System," said the computer as the two siblings walked into a room with many computers. There were people typing away at all of them. The younger boys were there as well.

"It looks like someone has started the first battle," said Lance in excitement.

"Yeah!" exclaimed James.

"Competitors: Yugi Muto versus Rare Hunter. Beaming duel status to Kaiba Corp mainframe," said the computer system.

"It's Yugi!" said Mokuba.

"How fitting that Yugi is competing in the very first duel of our tournament," said Seto with a chuckle.

"The other duels are coming in now, too! With our system, we will be able to see if anyone else plays one of the other Egyptian God Cards!" said Lilly as she looked at all the data rolling in.

~ Time Skip~

"This duelist is battling well against Yugi, but who is he? What info do we have on him?" asked Seto.

"Very little," said a woman at the computer, causing the siblings to turn and look at her. "He wasn't listed in your tournament database until about a week ago."

"What? How?" asked Lilly in shock.

"He must have hacked into the system and added himself."

"That's illegal!" yelled James.

"He calls himself a Rare Hunter."

"We'll disqualify him!" said Mokuba as he, James, and Lance got ready to go.

"No. Rare Hunters. They took my bait," said Seto with a smirk.

"Huh?" said the three younger boys in confusion.

"It's just as I planned," he said as they continued to watch the duel.

'I hope Yami wins,' thought Lilly as time went on.

After a while they noticed a few strange things about the duel.

"Our satellite imaging indicates the Rare Hunter's cards are coated with an invisible ink," said a woman at the computers.

"Marked cards!" exclaimed Lance in shock.

"That means he always knows which card he'll draw!" exclaimed James.

"Let it go, boys," said Seto, his hands resting in his pockets.

"Seto?" question Lilly as she looked at him.

"He's a cheat!" yelled Lance.

"We are the Battle City Commissioners, and we have to enforce the rules!" said Mokuba with pride.

"Give us one reason why we shouldn't bust that cheat out there!" asked James in annoyance.

"Because I need him," said Seto as he looked at the screen. "This Rare Hunter may have something I want, boys."

'Oh brother. I hope what your deciding is right,' Lilly thought to herself as she turned to look at the screen.

~ Time Skip ~

"I can't believe it!" said Lance in shock as the watched Yugi win the duel.

"Yugi defeated Exodia!" exclaimed Mokuba.

"He may have beaten Exodia, but there's one card Yugi will never beat, and I'm the one holding it," said Seto with a smirk as he turned to leave. Lilly followed him as she knew they were leaving to start their own duels.

"Wait for us!" yelled the younger three as they ran to catch up with their older siblings.

~Time Skip~

After a little while, Lilly had already gotten all the cards she needed.

'Now what to do?' she thought when she saw Seto.

"Hey big bro!" she said as she followed him into an ally.

"Did you finish?"

"Yes! SEE!" she said as she showed him her cards. While walking they saw some guy messing with Mokuba, James, and Lance. They started talking when Seto challenged him to a duel and he used Obelisk the Tormentor and won.

"Now to use this on a real opponent," he said as the five of them walked away. Lilly then, without Seto noticing but the younger boys noticing, went in a different direction to look around.

As she walked around, she noticed Yami. She ran up behind him and covered his eyes.

"Guess who!" she said with a smile on her lips.

"Um. Lilly?" he said in fake confusion, a smile on his own lips. She removed her hands and made a cute pouty face.

"No fair! You got it right!" she said, and he smiled at her. That's when they heard a creepy laugh. They turned to see a clown.

"Who are you?" asked Yami as the clown walked up to them.

"Hello Yugi. We've been looking for you," it said as it gave a mock bow.

"Who's 'we?'" he asked.

"You'll find out if you walk that way," it said as it pointed in a direction, "53 steps forward and into that tent. My master is waiting for you both inside. It's in your best interest to go," it said as it left with a laugh.

"I don't like that clown," Lilly said as they started to walk to the tent. She grabbed the back of Yami's jacket.

"Are you afraid?" he asked amused.

"No. It's just that something about that clown is way off," she said. He nodded and grabbed her hand so that she was walking next to him. They went in and saw that no one was there.

"A magic show?" asked Yami as he looked around. They then saw the clown again as it came out of a box.

"Enter here, you two. My master's waiting," it said as it disappeared into the box. Yami followed, as if he was in a trance, and since he was still holding Lilly's hand, she had no choice but to follow as well. They went in and the door closed behind them.

~ Meanwhile with Seto and the boys ~

"Seto the computers lost track of Yugi!" said Mokuba.

"Not only that but Lilly TOO!" said James in fear and shock.

"What? That's impossible. Make sure the link is working. Now!" he said in alarm.

"Right!" said Lance as the three boys got to work on it.

'Why didn't she listen to me and just stay with us?' thought Seto in annoyance.

~ Meanwhile ~

When the box opened again, Yami and Lilly stepped out, they found themselves in a room. A computer not that far from them.

"Where are we?" asked Lilly.

"I don't know," he said as he walked forward. He then let go of her hand when the computer came on.

"Hacking into Battle City database. Duelist profile for Yugi Moto, dueling level, five stars, rarest card, The Dark Magician. Duelist Profile for Lilly Kaiba, dueling level, five stars, rarest card, the Light Magician Girl," it said as it showed their profile. The Dark Magician then smirked as it came to life. Though this one was a different color then Yugi's and looked nothing like Lilly's Light Magician.

"I've been waiting for you," it laughed. "You are not worthy of having me in your deck, so prepare to lose me forever. You're not the only duelist with my power in their deck, Yugi, and you're certainly not the best. It's time you met the true master of The Dark Magician!"

"Hmm," grunted Yami with a smirk. "All right. Enough of these tricks."

"Hahaha," laughed a man as he came out of the shadows, shocking Lilly as she hadn't noticed him.

"Welcome, Yugi Moto and Lilly Kaiba," said the man as he had one Dark Magician card on his duel disk and the other in his hand. "I am the illusionist known as Arkana, and soon your favorite card will be dueling for me!

"Only a true master of illusion deserves to hold a Dark Magician. You will never understand its full potential."

"That is enough, Arkana!" growled out Yami in anger.

"Sorry, Yugi," he said as he walked closer to the two teens. "I know it must be hard to think of your favorite card in another duelist's deck. Well, I challenge you to a duel! The winner will take the loser's Dark Magician!"

"And I accept!" said Yami with a smirk. "You must know that when a duelist builds their deck, they choose their favorites from many different types of cards. But, sometimes, a card can choose a duelist. The two are connected, and the duelist can tap into the card's true power because each is bound by the Heart of the Cards! And the Dark Magician has chosen me!"

'Well, if this isn't a pissing match then I'm not sure what is,' thought Lilly with a sweat drop.

"He has never let me down, and I place my complete trust in my Dark Magician."

"So, it's true. The great Yugi Moto never backs down from a challenge," said Arkana with a smirk. "Very impressive, but this room's a little cramped, don't you think? Fortunately, I know of a special duel ring close by. Follow me."

"Hm," said Yami as he looked to where Arkana was pointing; a set of stairs leading down into a basement.

"Hurry. It's almost curtain time. I have orders from my superiors to make this a real spectacle!" he said with a creepy smile as the three walked down the stairs.

"Orders?" asked Lilly in confusion.

"Just who is it that you're working for, Arkana?" asked Yami in anger.

"Relax and enjoy the show. Forget who's backstage! Just worry about me!" he said, laughing. He then continued to walk until they reached a metal door.

"Ta-da! Beyond that door lies my dueling ring!" said Arkana as they walked through the door. They saw a room that looked perfect for a circus.

"I had it specially made for this match. It's almost time to raise the curtains and start the show! I hope you enjoy a good matinee, Yugi. You'll notice we're completely alone. There are no screaming fans and no cameras, but your girlfriend there must go, or she can be our only audience," he said. He snapped his fingers and a cage fell on Lilly, trapping her.

"Hey! Get me out of here!" she said terrified. The cage then started lifting and the bottom appeared, trapping Lilly above the dueling arena.

"Lilly!" yelled Yami in anger. "Let her go!"

"Only if you win!" said Arkana. "Yes, it's the perfect setting for a private performance with so much on the line. We'll duel according to Battle City Tournament rules, but thanks to our location, not even Kaiba knows we're here. Now, let's shuffle our decks and let the show begin, shall we?"

The two began to shuffle their decks, Yami keeping a close eye on Arkana's hands to make sure he wasn't trying to cheat. Once they were done, the floor began to move, causing Yami and Arkana to move farther from each other. Once it was all the way back, large metal locks came out and went around their feet, keeping them attached to the arena.

"No!" said Lilly in shock and fear. 'What could this crazy man be planning!? And is he telling the truth about Seto and the others being unable to find us? If this man is this crazy, we're going to need help, and fast.'

"Relax. We're both locked in, which means neither of us can escape!" said Arkana, causing Yami to growl at him in anger. "See, there's an extra twist! We're not just playing for what's inside your deck, we're playing for what's inside your mind!"

A glowing blue disk came out of nowhere not too far from where the two were standing. There was one on each side of the arena.

"NO!" yelled Lilly in fear.

"What's that?" asked Yami in shock.

"It's a dark energy disk, Yugi, and I wouldn't get too close. One touch and your mind's banished to the Shadow Realm! And to make it more interesting, if you lose, your girlfriend over there loses as well!"

'Oh no! That asshole! Wait till I get out of here! And how do you even make a disk out of dark energy?' thought Lilly in confusion. 'What the hell is the Shadow Realm anyway?'

"Don't worry! I'll explain the rules to you before you lose. See the numbers written above the disk?" he said as the other two looked toward said objects.

"Those are our life points. The closer our life points get to zero, the closer the disk gets to us," said Yami, quickly understanding the situation.

"Yes! And then you can say hello to the Shadow Realm. All right. Now look down between your feet. You'll see that each of us has a key box."

"A key box?"

"Yes, and inside is a key to unlock the shackles around your legs, but in yours, you also have a key to get your girlfriend out of her cage."

"What? And why does everyone keep calling me his girlfriend?" asked Lilly in annoyance.

"Your box displays your opponent's like points and will only open if you win the duel!" said Arkana with a crazed laugh. "Only then can you save yourself and your girlfriend!"

"You're crazy!" she yelled at him.

"Think of it as a hope chest, really, because that key is your only hope," he said as the two got ready to duel. "Oh! I think it would be best to duel without our caged bird around, don't you?"

"What?" said Yami in shock as Arkana snapped his fingers. The cage Lilly was in rose up and went threw an opening in the ceiling. "Lilly!"

"Yugi!" called out Lilly in shock as the ceiling closed, trapping Lilly in another room, unable to see what was going on. "Now what do I do?"

Lilly looked around, trying to see if there was anyway to get out of the cage.

'Damn! How do I get down?' she thought. 'Ra Damn it! I feel like some damn princess waiting for her prince charming to save her!' she thought sadly. 'Wait! I got an idea!'

Lilly pulled out a paper clip that she had put in her pocket after she had to take it off a stack of papers earlier for when she had been helping Seto with some paperwork. She made it long and started to pick the lock. It took her a few tries, but she managed to get the cage door unlocked and slowly opened it. She carefully climbed onto the top of the cage and grabbed a wire holding the cage up in the air and used it to make her way to the wall. She slowly moved to the wall and then climbed down, using objects to help her. Once she was out of harm's way, she began to look around to see if she could find a door.

"I need to get back to Yami and the crazy dude," she said as she walked around. "Where the hell is the door?"

She began to feel the wall, hoping to find an exit. She even began to move objects around, hoping to find the door hiding behind something. After several minutes of this, she moved a few boxes and found the door.

"Yes! Now to get back to Yami!" she said as she opened the door and began to walk down the stairs. When she got to the end, she saw that she was back at where the duel was happening.

"Yugi!" she yelled as she walked toward the arena. Yami had won. He turned back into Yugi, who then went to save Arkana. Once he saved him, Arkana became possessed by Marik.

"So, we meet again, Little Yugi. And you've been kind enough to bring my future Queen along with you," said Marik through Arkana's body.

"Your future Queen?" asked Lilly in shock and disgust as she came to stand next to Yugi.

"Show your face to me, Marik, coward!" said Yugi as he moved to stand in front of Lilly.

"I'll reveal myself to you when the time is right and no sooner! Once I obtain what's mine! And you know exactly what I want. The unlimited power of the ancient Pharaoh! The spirit that lives within your puzzle. I also want the Queen to be with me. I will need one for when I rule," said Marik with a smirk.

"No way, Marik!" said Yugi in anger.

"You can't stop me. Remember when I took control of Bandit Keith? I almost succeeded in separating you from the Millennium Puzzle forever! Unfortunately, you were able to put it back together before you and your spirit friend, Yami, were destroyed."

"Why do you want Yami's power?" asked Lilly in anger.

"Because that power is rightfully mine! As are you, my Queen. Once I have it, I will be unstoppable! The world will belong to me and no one will stand in the way of my destiny! Especially not a little boy!"

"Oh, yeah? Just watch me, Marik!" said Yugi with determination.

"Listen, Little Yugi. My family has slaved for centuries. Protecting the tomb of the Pharaoh until his return, and for what? I should be the Pharaoh! I should have his Queen!"

"Never!" yelled Yugi as he pushed Lilly more behind him. "You won't get the power of the Pharaoh or Lilly, and I'll make sure of it! That power belongs to Yami, not you! And Lilly has the right to choose who she wants to be with!"

"Yugi," whispered Lilly as she looked at her friend in a new light.

"Ha! Well, we'll just see about that, Little Yugi. You're nothing but a vessel for the Pharaoh's spirit. You could never comprehend his strength. Nor could you stand in my way of getting it! We've given up too much to let someone else claim the throne. I was raised on the ancient scriptures, learning all there is to know about King Yami the Pharaoh and the Shadow Games. The key to his power is your puzzle and the three Egyptian God Cards. But I can't just take the Millennium Puzzle or my Queen from you. According to the ancient scriptures I have to defeat you in a duel first. Then I'll banish you to the shadow realm and take my Queen!"

"But why would you do that?" asked Lilly in shock.

"To make sure that Little Yugi stays out of my way! Once I gain control of the Millennium Puzzle and obtain all three Egyptian God Cards, I'll be king! And your Queen will be mine! I will be a much more worthy king than your counterpart, Yami. He doesn't even know how to harness the great powers that lie dormant within him! I, on the other hand, know full well how to take them from him. And my Millennium Rod will ensure that I get everything I need!"

"Who has the cards?" asked Yugi in anger as he glared.

"I already posses two of the Egyptian God Cards. And I know where to fine the third one. Soon enough, my loyal team of Rare Hunters will bring the final card to me! It's only a matter of time, you see, that is, until I take what is rightfully mine and banish you and the former Pharaoh to the dreaded Shadow Realm, where you will spend all of eternity while the rest of the world is kneeling before King Marik, the new Pharaoh! Your Queen will be mine, ready to serve me!"

"Hell no!" yelled Lilly in anger and disgust.

"You're powerless to stop me, Little Yugi. My destiny can't be stopped. Don't you see it's only a matter of time? The three Egyptian God Cards, along with your Millennium Puzzle and Lilly, will belong to me! Then I will strip the Pharaoh of his ancient powers and infuse them within myself!"

"Marik, you'll never defeat me in a duel, so you'll never get your greedy hand on my puzzle! And Lilly isn't some damsel in distress, she can fight you herself and win!" exclaimed Yugi in determination.

"I promise you, by the sand of Egypt, the Pharaoh's powers will be mine, and so shall Lilly. Another of my mind-slaves is already in Battle City waiting to defeat you and take your puzzle! And, he holds an Egyptian God Card!"

"No way!" said Lilly, surprised.

"Beware the quiet one," said Marik as he left Arkana's body, causing the man to fall forward. Yugi quickly rushed forward to catch the man.

"He won't win, I promise that," said Yugi as he looked at Lilly who moved to stand next to him, a concerned look on her face.

Just then, the door busted open, showing Tristan, Tea, Mokuba, and Yugi's Grandpa.

"Yugi, Lilly!" said Tristan as he ran to the two in the middle of the arena. "You two all right?"

"I'm here!" yelled Tea. 'Why is he always with her!'

"Yugi! Lilly!" said Grandpa.

"Lilly!" called out Mokuba as he ran to his sister.

"Hey guys!" said Yugi with a smile as he looked at them.

"What happened here?" asked Grandpa. The two went on to tell the others what had happened. After everything was said and done, Lilly and Mokuba left to meet up with their siblings.

'Seto is going to be so mad when I get back to him,' thought Lilly as she and Mokuba ran to where Seto had wanted to meet them. After everything had happened, they didn't want to make him wait more than he already has. An angry Seto was not something anyone wanted to deal with. 'I hope we can defeat this Marik guy soon! No way am I becoming anyone's Queen! And I'm not going to let him hurt my friends and family!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 1.7K 53
Yami is finding it difficult being away from everyone and now has returned to being Atem. A few years has passed and Yami finally has a mirror into Y...
132K 3.1K 102
Anastasia Starline- head of Starline Enterprises is a developing company that specialises in nano- technology. After a friendly request from Seto Kai...
18K 509 26
Taking place after the Ceremonial Duel, Yugi Motou is having an extremely difficult time without his beloved Yami by his side. Just when he thought t...
32K 593 72
a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfiction where we fallow the nameless Pharaoh's wife also known as the nameless queen. Most of the story is what happened in the origina...