The Man My Father Always Talk...

De LizSwann

✨When her eyes met his, she realized he was no longer just her world, he was he... Mai multe

The Man my Father Always Talked About
Part I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part II
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
Part III
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Part IV
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
A New Hope
Part V
50
NOT AN UPDATE
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
Epilogue

25

13.4K 307 53
De LizSwann

~25~

     Clara shot at the robots that came towards her. She fought along with the others, destroying anything made of metal, except for Tony of course. Tony started to shoot a blast at Ultron before Clara joined him, followed by Thor and Vision. When the shooting stoped, Ultron wobbled to his feet. "You know, with the benefit of hindsight...." Suddenly Hulk knocked him far away and the robots started to retreat.

"They'll try to leave the city." Clara said, turning to face the others.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony said as he called to his friend in the air.

"I'm on it."

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve said.

"What about the core?" Clint asked.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda said to the others.

"Get the people on the boats." Steve said. Clara and Steve ran back to the center of the city, ushering people into the boats. When they thought everyone was onboard, Clara went to aid anyone who needed help.

"Costel?" A girl yelled desperately. "We were in the market. Costel?!" Clara looked around and saw a little boy struggling under some debris. Clara got off the boat, Steve calling out for her.

"Be careful," He said, meeting her eyes as she nodded.

"Is this the last of them?" Tony asked.

"Everyone but Clara is on the carrier." Steve said.

"What do you mean? Where is she?" Tony asked, getting angry as he flew through the air. He used his helmet to try and find Clara through the rubble.

"She's getting the last civilian," Steve answered, his eyes trained on her as she climbed over the rubble.

"Make sure she gets on it before it leaves," Tony said, realization hitting him. "You know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away."

"Maybe not." Thor said. Clara reached the little boy and helped pull him out of the rubble. She held him in her arms as she carried him back to the ship. On her way back, she didn't notice a jet coming straight at her before it was too late. As soon as she heard the first fire of it's guns, she looked around to see she was completely screwed. She turned her back to the ship and held the boy into her chest to protect him, feeling his tears soak through her shirt. Clara shut her eyes tightly, refusing to let tears escape as she expected the bullets to hit her, but they never did. Instead, she felt her body sway slightly before the bullets stopped. She looked up, confused until her eyes landed and Pietro. His body was littered with bullet holes.

"No," she whispered as Pietro smirked back at her.

"You didn't see that coming." He said, out of breath. His smirk faded before he fell to the ground. Clara's grip on the child loosened as she immediately felt reasonable for the young man's death. Before she knew it, Clint was beside her. Clint looked at her and she shook her head, answering his unasked question. Clint carefully picked up the speedster's body and carried him to the carrier while Clara took the little boy. She handed him to his sister who thanked her through her tears of relief. Clara looked over her shoulder to see Steve aiding another passenger before standing up to face her. His face fell with relief.

In the heat of the moment, having almost been killed, she couldn't resist. Hair blowing rapidly into her face, blood mixing with her sweat and tears. She didn't care anymore about hiding her feelings. She quickly approached Steve and before he ask her anything, she gripped his suit in her gloved fist and pulled him close until their lips collided. She didn't care that others watched. She didn't care that they were covered in sweat and blood. She didn't care about anything but her feelings. Steve wrapped his arms around her waist and held her tightly as they pulled apart. Their eyes met before Clara rested her head on his chest and reality kicked in.

"I killed him," she whispered, soft tears escaping her eyes. "He was just a kid." Steve stroked her hair gently, looking back at the falling city before back at her. He rested his chin on her head and pulled her closer to him as if when he'd let go, she'd be gone forever.

***

Steve walked with Clara down the hallway of the new Avengers compound. Their fingers were laced together and had been for a long time. They didn't speak of the kiss, knowing it sealed the emotions they both felt. The found themselves in the living area, waiting on news from Tony and Thor.

"I want you to know that when I almost died, I could only think of one thing." Clara said blatantly. Steve's shoulders fell as he was reminded of almost loosing her. "Well there were actually a lot of things, but one of them..." she paused as she met his eyes. "One of them was that I regretted us." Steve looked at her in confusion before she shook her head. "That didn't come out right," she apologized. "I meant the lack of us...this...you and me." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. "I love you Steve, and I have for a long time and knowing that I could have died without you ever knowing..." She paused as she couldn't find the rest to say.

Steve walked up to her and stood only an inch or two away. Clara looked up at him and he looked down at her. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I love you too." She smiled as he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. Before they exited the room, Clara felt Steve fingers intertwine with hers again. A warm feeling was sent throughout her body. Natasha rushed in, the two not caring if she saw.

"They're back!" They all rushed down the hall to see Tony and Thor, exhausted from their journey back.
Tony turned his attention to Clara when he saw her enter, relief washing over him at the sight of his unharmed sister. Clara let go of Steve's hand as Tony approached them before he wrapped his sister into a tight hug.

"When Rogers said you weren't on the craft, I..." he started. "You scared me to death Clar."

Clara pulled away before smirking, "Well, you're still alive and breathing so I must not have scared you too much."

"That was some grade 'A' Avenging out there," Tony smiled. Clara didn't really believe him though. She wasn't the heroic one, Pietro was. He gave his life for a cause he had only been a part of the Avengers for less than a day.

***

"We're dealing with something new." Tony said as they walked through the halls.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence." Steve said.

"A machine."

"So it doesn't count." She scrunched nose at them, not exactly knowing what they were talking about until she thought back to Vision picking up mjolnir.

"It's not like a person lifting the hammer," Clara said. Her mind drifted back to when she thought she saw Steve move the hammer.

"Right. Different rules for us," Steve agreed.

"Nice guy, but artificial."

"Thank you."

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision and these days, safe is in short supply." Thor said, trying to focus on the more important subject, but still smiling out of joy for the current one.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve started, trying to get his point across.

"It would still go up."

"Elevator's not worthy," Steve added.

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours." Thor laughed, patting Tony's shoulder.

"Well, not if you don't leave," Tony added. He would never admit out loud that he actually did care for his friends.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position..."

"Triple Yahtzee?"

"You think you can find out what's coming?"

"Besides this one," Thor said, resting his hand on Tony's shoulder. "there's nothing that can't be explained. I wish you all well."

"Stay safe Thor," Clara said as she gave him a nod goodbye. He sent them one last smile before he summoned the Bifrost and left, leaving some sort of Norse design burning in the yard.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance." Tony broke the silence. The three of them began walking to the cobblestone driveway where Tony's car was slowly making its way towards them. "I'm gonna miss him though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears."

"I will miss you, Tony." Steve admitted.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

"The simple life."

"You'll get there one day." Tony said.

"I don't know, family, stability. The guy who wanted all that went in the ice seventy-five years ago," Steve sighed. He looked to Clara, who was looking back at the design the Bifrost left. "But maybe later in life, when there's no more threats...a family and stability doesn't sound too bad."

"Heading back to the city Clar?" Tony asked, his sister's head turning back to face the two of them.

Clara shook her head and smiled at him, "no," she answered before turning to Steve. "I'm home."

And here marks the end of Age of Ultron! The next few chapters, just a warning, are going to be the time in between this and Civil War.

Thank you to all that read this far.
Love to all!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

71.3K 2.7K 98
Your mischievous older brother Loki is causing trouble on earth, your original home planet, its up to you and your other brother Thor to stop him. Ar...
12.5K 481 14
"I know what it feels like to stand at the edge of the world. Now you're going to know what it feels like to fall" ...
140K 2.9K 22
-This book is being made available in Spanish on my profile- *All characters and their rights belong to Marvel* The Sokovia Accords have spiralled th...
723K 26.1K 45
𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐌| ❝Are you ever serious?❞ ❝Sweetheart, serious ...