44

~44~

     The siblings rushed out of the Sanctrum and into the busy streets. Cries and screams filled Clara's ears as her and Tony tried to usher people away from danger. A women fell down right in front of Clara and she immediately helped her up. She looked up to see a car coming directly at her. She quickly threw herself in front of the lady while a pole blocked the two as the car crashed into it. "Go, get out of here!" Clara told her and helped push her away from the wreck. She and Tony continued down the street as others ran past them.

"Wong! Bruce!" Tony called out as he put a pair of his sunglasses on. "Friday, what are we looking at?" Friday answered him as Clara looked back to Strange.

"Hey, Strange!" Clara called out to the doctor. Strange looked at her way. "You might not want to keep that out in the open." She said, referring to the stone.

"Might wanna use it," he defended. Clara turned a corner to see a billboard coming at full speed down the street. She quickly ignited one of her bracelets, only covering her hand, and shot the billboard in two. She continued until she was in the middle of the street, shielding her eyes from incoming debris. She stood in shock, looking at the huge metal doughnut ship. When she wasn't paying attention, a huge piece of metal came hurdling her way.

"Clara!" Tony yelled, grabbing his sister's arm and pulling her down behind an abandoned car to block anything else. They kneeled together as Tony listened to Friday give him statistics. Clara would peer over the roof of the car to see what was coming, but the strong wind given off from the ship pushed her back down. "Block off anything past 43rd street, and notify first responders!" Tony instructed Friday.

"What the hell is happening?!" Clara yelled to her brother in her frantic state.

"How the hell should I know?" Tony yelled back. Clara looked to see Strange use some of his magical powers to cast a spell that sent a giant gust of orange wind down the city, making it silent and still. Strange looked at Clara, who was still mesmerized by the man and his magic. He gave her a wink before looking back at the ship. Clara rolled her eyes and approached her brother as he had already walked towards the ship. They shared an uneasy glance as a blue bean shot out from the bottom of the ship, revealing two creatures.
Clara thought the one looked like the Hulk made out of stone that carried an axe, and the other one looked like Voldemort, if Voldemort were an alien.

"Hear me and rejoice," said the skinny, no nosed alien. "You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that you're meaningless lives..."

"I'm sorry, but Earth is closed today!" Tony interrupted as he crossed his arms at the alien. Clara stood between Bruce and Tony, standing her ground as she stared the newcomers down.

"Yeah, so take your flying doughnut and get the hell out of here." Clara yelled.

"Stonekeeper." The alien spoke. "Do these chattering animals speak for you?"

"Oh I'll show you chattering animal." Clara mumbled to herself.

"Certainly not, I speak for myself." Strange answered before conjuring up a sort of magic shield. Boom boom voush. He raised his fists as if he were to fight. "You're trespassing in this city and on this planet."

"It means get lost Squidward!" Tony and Clara yelled, but when he yelled the cartoon character, Clara yelled the Harry Potter villain "Voldemort." Tony looked back at his sister and rolled his eyes.

"I thought...I thought we were on the same page." Clara shrugged, knowing it wasn't the right time nor place to laugh. Tony rolled his eyes and waved it off.

"Just drop it," he sighed. "Moment's over."

"They exhaust me." The alien spoke before he ordered the big guy. "Bring me the stone." As the rock like alien charged at them, Bruce tried to summon the Hulk, but he failed miserably.
Clara didn't have time to wonder where their green friend went so her and Tony ignited their armor, the nanobots taking over their bodies to make a suit that perfectly fit and could make anything.

"And here I thought we were having a peaceful day?" Clara asked, looking at Tony.

"I'm getting too old for this." He mumbled as they prepared to fight their next enemy.