Beat Of My Heart

By kristentaylor16

Holly Vickers didn't care about superstar Sebastian Jennings, she certainly never thought she'd ever meet him... More

Beat Of My Heart
Intro
Verse One
Verse Two
Verse Three
Verse Four
Verse Five
Verse Six
Verse Seven
Chorus (One)
Chorus (Two)
Chorus (Three)
Chorus (Four)
Chorus (Five)
Verse Eight
Verse Nine
Verse Ten
Verse Eleven
Verse Twelve
Verse Thirteen
Verse Fourteen
Chorus (Six)
Chorus (Seven)
Chorus (Eight)
Chorus (Nine)
Chorus (Ten)
Verse Fifteen
Verse Sixteen
Bridge (One)
Bridge (Two)
Bridge (Three)
Bridge (Four)
Chorus (Eleven)
Chorus (Twelve)
Chorus (Thirteen)
Chorus (Fourteen)
Chorus (Fifteen)
Verse Eighteen
Verse Nineteen
Verse Twenty
Crescendo
Crescendo Part 2
Decrescendo
Verse Twenty One
Finale: Part One
Author's Note:
Finale: Part Two
New Book Info and One Shot Contest!
One Shot Winner Announced!
Exclusive First Chapter!

Verse Seventeen

70.8K 2.6K 349
By kristentaylor16

"So, you want me to be your boyfriend, huh?"

"Oh hush, you know what I meant. Once the media catches wind that I want to do a live interview they'll all be freaking out. I don't want to settle until freaking Ellen calls me on her show, then no one will be able to discredit me."

"I can see the headlines now. 'Sebastian Jennings' Girlfriend Holly Vickers Breaks Silence Over Brutal Assault'. My managers already made the call," he said and I felt my stomach roil with unease.

My breath caught when I looked up into his eyes and realized that I didn't want to ever look away.  What was happening with me, did I want to be his girlfriend for real?  No, that couldn't happen.  He wouldn't want someone like me, with all the baggage that I had to drag around on my back was enough to make anyone scared and run off, let alone someone with as much acclaim as Sebastian.  He wouldn't want to deal with it all, he was probably just trying to be a good friend to me...

"Hey, it'll be alright, just focus on me. I'll be there to help you through it, your first time is always scary," he said and I didn't miss his double meaning with the sexual innuendo behind it.

"Gross," I said feigning a disgusted look on my face, although a small smile found its way across my lips.  I didn't know how he managed to say something dirty but also make me laugh at the same time.  Usually if it was coming from someone else, I would have probably been angry at all of the double entendres that he threw my way, but with him everything he said was like a breath of fresh air.  I hoped I wasn't becoming blind to all of his flaws because of the feelings I had for him. 

Feelings?  I had feelings for him?  When had those been caught?

"Shut up, you know you like it. And don't lie, you were thinking how it would feel to have a first time with me," he said and I raised my eyebrows in a mocking fashion.

"Sure. Just keep telling yourself that lover boy," I said, shoving my hand against his shoulder, my voice coming out half cracked and breathy, showing him just how much I was overthinking our interactions together.

We were sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed watching some old movie that had come on the tv. My parents were out going to look at physical therapists for me and they told me to stay home and rest. It had only been a few hours since the police station but it was only about six o'clock. Blake and Mr. Jennings had left but Sebastian refused to leave my side, even intruding inside my house when I told him to leave.

So I let him in and we had been watching tv and eating junk food side by side that entire time.  It was nice, no pressure and nothing hanging over us, except that little scene that I'd brought up after the police station incident.

"I have to do an exclusive with someone big, I want that interview everywhere, if it's not then it won't have the same effect that I want it to," I had said to everyone once we were outside of the precinct on the sidewalk next to the car.

"And what exactly are you going to tell them in this interview?" Mr. Jennings had asked me, and I had to contemplate that for a moment.

"I'll give them an exclusive about what they did to me and how long it's been going on and why I didn't come forward sooner. It'll be the only way to get what happened to me out there and to cancel out all of the lies."

"You know they're going to ask about Sebastian. They probably won't air it if you say you two are dating," my lawyer advised me.

I sighed, relenting the fact that I'd have to fib about a few things to get my true story told.

"I'm fine with faking it if you are..." I said to Sebastian referring to starting a false relationship.

He looked a little reserved, like he didn't really want to have that conversation in a police station parking lot in front of his uncle and cousin and best friend slash limo driver. He just shrugged his shoulders and got in the car.

It hit me at that moment that he was probably not too fond of the fake relationship for the media idea because of what happened with his fake ex girlfriend Ali Hyland. I remembered the way he talked about what happened between them and needless to say he was not a happy camper when people told him what to do.

I worried that he would resent me since I was the one who brought it up and was basically telling him what to do again. It wasn't like I wanted to do that, and I realized that he might have wanted to actually date someone for a change and the thought that he would want to date someone other than me sent a pang or hurt through my chest that wasn't too different from the black hole that seemed to consume most of my waking thoughts.

It turned out that Sebastian just wanted to tease me about it instead, the entire time that we were at my house he was relentless about me wanting to date him.

"You know if you wanted me to be your boyfriend all you had to do was ask," Sebastian asked me pulling me out of my reverie.

"Shut up," was all I could come up with.  Seriously?  'Shut up'?  Was there something seriously wrong with my brain?  All I could say to the one and only Sebastian Jennings when we were talking about a possible relationship between the two of us was me telling him to shut his mouth.  

I stared up into his gorgeous green eyes and almost lost all of my breath.  How could one person be so sexy without even trying?  It honestly should have been criminal.  Just criminal. 

He gave me a look that basically said everything I had been thinking in my mind and I groaned internally, wanting that certain conversation to be over with. 

"What, Holly?  You don't want to be my actual girlfriend?" he asked me, his body shifting dangerously close to me.  I was suddenly brought back to that night in the hospital, when he leaned forward and kissed me tenderly, a passionate kiss that brought flames rising to my cheeks in embarrassment just for thinking about it. 

Or was it really embarrassment that I was blushing about, or the way that I felt about Sebastian?

I didn't have time to decipher my own feelings towards the situation before he leaned even closer, his breath fanning across my face and the minty scent rolling off of him in waves was doing something to my body that I didn't want to even think about describing. 

"W-what are you doing?" I asked him, wanting to know if he was just teasing me and would lean back and laugh at me and the look on my face.  I didn't want to be 'just friends' with him, I realized.  I wanted more, so much more. 

But would he want the same?  Or some platinum blonde, effortlessly tanned and blemish free perfect supermodel that would match his fame equally?

And then I got my answer. 

His hands came up and brushed the hair back out of my face and behind my ears, but they stayed where they were and that was when it happened. 

His lips on mine sending cascading shivers down my back sent my body into a frenzied overdrive of emotions, his hands running through my hair and I couldn't hold myself back. 

I ran my hands up and down his arms as the tidal wave of sensations crashed down upon me, his arms moving from my face and down to encircle around my waist.  It felt like he was holding everything of mine in his hands, like it was so simple.  He was Sebastian and I was Holly, there was no assault trial, no Ali Hyland, no popularity and no fame, no evil ex boyfriends and definitely no paparazzi.  

His tongue brushed my lips looking for entrance to my mouth and I gladly allowed him in, my mouth dancing with his in perfect synchrony.  His lips burned a trailing heat of fire into me that I couldn't quench, not that I would want to in the first place. 

I leaned into his touch, our movements becoming more and more frenzied by the second and I knew in that moment that I was a goner. 

I knew that I was falling for Sebastian, and I didn't know if it was the way that he could just joke around with me and be funny and my best friend all in the same timespan, if it was the way that I felt more than safe in his arms, but I felt protected.  All of those things just made me want him even more. 

But did I tell him what I was feeling, or should I keep it to myself?  Maybe he thought that I wasn't interested in him and that was why he hadn't made a move to ask me to be his actual girlfriend yet?  I definitely wasn't going to ask him out, not after what I had already proposed about me fake dating him. 

No, I was going to keep it to myself and let him ask me, if it was truly what he wanted.  And judging by the way he kept kissing me, I was sure that it would happen sooner or later. 

I just hoped it was sooner, rather than later, because all too soon the kiss ended with me breathless and staring back at him in shock because there were no painkillers making me woozy and 'forget' everything that happened between us like last time.  I wasn't in a hospital with extenuating circumstances that would warrant such a kiss from him. 

It was just Sebastian and me, alone together in my room, after one of the world's most passionate kisses.  We could have probably won a Guinness Book of World Records for that kiss.  

I gulped. 

And then the door swung open, and I knew I was screwed. 

***

Author's Note:

So sorry to leave it on a cliffhanger but you all know how evil I can be muahahahaha!

Who do you think opened the door on them?

How do you think the live interview will go?

Do you think Dylan will get jail time? If so, how much?

On a scale from 1-10, how much do you hate me right now? :)

Next chapter tomorrow late afternoon/evening, stay posted my lovely readers!

-Kristen :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
3.5M 89.7K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
113K 3.3K 48
A new girl, lives with dad, 2 older brothers, and 2 younger brother twins, this girl is Skyler Sanders. A bad boy, tattoos, piercings, smokes, beer...
27.9K 949 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...