Beat Of My Heart

By kristentaylor16

Holly Vickers didn't care about superstar Sebastian Jennings, she certainly never thought she'd ever meet him... More

Beat Of My Heart
Intro
Verse One
Verse Two
Verse Four
Verse Five
Verse Six
Verse Seven
Chorus (One)
Chorus (Two)
Chorus (Three)
Chorus (Four)
Chorus (Five)
Verse Eight
Verse Nine
Verse Ten
Verse Eleven
Verse Twelve
Verse Thirteen
Verse Fourteen
Chorus (Six)
Chorus (Seven)
Chorus (Eight)
Chorus (Nine)
Chorus (Ten)
Verse Fifteen
Verse Sixteen
Bridge (One)
Bridge (Two)
Bridge (Three)
Bridge (Four)
Chorus (Eleven)
Chorus (Twelve)
Chorus (Thirteen)
Chorus (Fourteen)
Chorus (Fifteen)
Verse Seventeen
Verse Eighteen
Verse Nineteen
Verse Twenty
Crescendo
Crescendo Part 2
Decrescendo
Verse Twenty One
Finale: Part One
Author's Note:
Finale: Part Two
New Book Info and One Shot Contest!
One Shot Winner Announced!
Exclusive First Chapter!

Verse Three

134K 4.4K 571
By kristentaylor16

I couldn't believe that I was sitting in the same vehicle as Sebastian freaking Jennings!

And I just shook his hand, and screamed in his face.  Multiple times, actually. 

"What, is there a bug or something in the car?!" he asked, obviously freaked out by the way that I had just screamed bloody murder in his face. 

"N-no!  I just realized that you were actually real and that this isn't a dream!" I said out loud and as soon as the words were out I wanted to face palm. 

"Wait a second.  You're that girl that I sang to in the crowd!" he said animatedly, emerald eyes sparkling in the reflective lights of oncoming traffic. 

A contrite giggle escaped my parted lips. 

"Technically, you could say that about every girl who went to your concert because you sang to every girl in the crowd," I corrected him, always wanting to be difficult for some unknown reason. 

"Heh, yeah, I guess you're right.  I mean, you're the one who sang to me," he said, his tone dropping an octave lower and his eyebrows wiggled a bit suggestively at me, almost as if he were...flirting with me?!

Oh hell to the nah!

It was one thing to think that Sebastian Jennings was a dream, and if it were a dream you best believe I would've flirted back!  But this...this was real life!  

Scarlett heat rose to my cheeks. 

"That would be me," the words meekly left my mouth, as my shoulders shrugged a bit. 

"I saw your friend in the VIP meet and greets, why weren't you there?" he inquired and I was surprised he actually remembered us that well. 

"She actually remembered her pass.  I left mine out here in the car...where I passed out because I was so tired and here we are!" I explained to him, unable to focus on anything in the car besides his emotive green eyes. 

They were green, like, really green.  Think the mossy rain forest floor after a particularly rainy day with the sun hitting it just right.  Wow. 

He chuckled a bit at my explanation and then it got uncomfortably silent for a bit. 

"So-"

"We should-"

We both said at the exact same time.  Then we laughed together, and I blushed again from the sound of his boisterous laugh. 

"You go," I told him. 

"We should probably figure out our next step.  I'm obviously in the wrong car, your friend is without a ride and the paparazzi are trailing us like there's no tomorrow..." he trailed off and then I remembered something. 

"Hold on," the words unceremoniously left me as I held one of my fingers up as if to say I would only be a moment.  

I reached into my purse and dug out my cell phone, noticing an abundance of text messages and calls from Josie. 

I clicked on the nearest one and my heart fluttered with relief. 

"My friend called an Uber and is going to some after party.  She said if I didn't answer in thirty minutes she was calling the cops.  Typical," I laughed as I typed out a weak apology to her and told her to message me the address of the party. 

"That's one problem taken care of.  Next is..." he started when the car suddenly started jerking unnaturally. 

He somehow maneuvered the car through a yellow light that the vans full of paparazzi behind us were forced to stop at and turned down a dark and secluded road that they wouldn't think to drive down and we rolled to a clunking stop. 

"What the fuc-"

"We have a flat tire, not the end of the world.  Pop the trunk," I told him and he stared at me like I was on another planet. 

"The button on the side of the door?"

Blank stare.  Confused glazed look. 

"It has a little picture on the button of the trunk popped open..." I trailed off, phrasing what I'd said almost like a question. 

He started looking around frantically for the button for about a minute and a half and I finally gave up and let out an exasperated sigh. 

Sighing, I decided to take manners into my own hands.  My body leaned across his, a sparking heat trailing up and down my body as we touched briefly, the contact making my stomach flutter in an excitement I hadn't felt in such a long time.  

"What, you've never changed a tire before?" I asked him with a sharp, raised brow and he shook his head looking like a deer caught in headlights. 

"Well, consider this your lucky day. Come on, bring your phone for a light," I said to him as I opened my door and I heard him clambering out of the car along with me. 

I was going to have to change a tire in heels and a tight mini dress in front of one of the most famous singers in the world.  How much more bizarre was this night going to get?

"Okay, grab the spare and I'll grab the jack lift."

"Okay I can do that."

I couldn't control the snicker that fell from my lips as I took in his overwhelmed state. He looked like a kid who was told that he had a test over a subject he'd never learned before and it would count toward all of his final grade. 

"Now, I'm gonna loosen the lug nuts, shine your light here on the tire.  Oh damn, what did you run over, this looks awful!" I exclaimed, noticing that the tire was so mangled that it looked like it was half falling off of the rim already. 

"I don't know, it didn't feel like we hit anything!" he shouted, and I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head.

How a man of his caliber rose to such fame and didn't know how to change a tire was far beyond me, but I didn't say anything. 

I squatted down next to the tire carefully so that I didn't flash the Sebastian Jennings on accident, and got to work on loosening the lug nuts and then once I was done I motioned for Sebastian to place the jack lift on the ground. 

"Now, put this under the car and jack it up off the ground so we can get the tire off," I said to him and he looked at everything I was doing with so much intensity that it looked like he was taking mental notes in his head. 

"Okay, what now?"

I could feel his eyes burning holes in the back of my body and I became flustered and hot knowing that his gaze was on me. 

I cleared my throat and tried to do the same with my mind, which was hard considering that his body was only mere inches away from mine. I nervously giggled a bit and started hiccuping.  Thank you, alcohol. 

"Now we loosen the lug nuts the rest of the way and take the tire off like this," I said, putting my words into action. 

He looked at me as if I'd just performed some sort of miracle right before his eyes.  

"And now?"

Hiccup. Giggles. 

"Now we put the spare on and tighten the lug nuts as much as we can before lowering the car down off the jack and once its on the ground we'll tighten them the rest of the way and then we'll be good to go.  At least, for the next twenty five miles or so until the spare tire craps out on us," I joked to him, and his eyes widened in fear. 

"What if we need to go more than twenty five miles?"

I laughed at his question, then hiccuped again. 

"Don't worry.  You can usually ride around on a spare for a while but I'm pretty sure we won't be driving around on it together for long," I said to him as I started tightening the lug nuts. 

"And why is that?" he asked me, suddenly much too close for comfort.  I was so taken aback by his nearness that I completely stopped what I was doing and turned around to face him. 

He was inches away from he, emerald eyes staring deep into my mismatched half blue half green eyes.  My mom always called me a chameleon.

It felt like we were actually having a moment of sorts. 

He even leaned in like he was about to kiss me...

That is, until the rain came pouring down and ruined it all for us. 

Hiccup.  Damn alcohol...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.2K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
66K 1.8K 15
Emma Reese's main worries used to be homework, feeding her cat and being able to find her Friends reruns in the DVR. That was until she decides to do...
181K 3.8K 47
All it took was one night for Lucy's life to completely change. Will she be able to handle all the new decisions and changes or will she break? SNEAK...