The Football Boys (DISCONTINU...

By BenRyans

(Wattys2018Longlist) Childhood friends, Luka and Dakota, commit the ultimate drunk mistake and have one unfor... More

Chapter One : Freshmen Year
Chapter Two : The Next Morning
Chapter Three : Sophomore Year
Chapter Four : House Rules
Chapter Five : Let's Pretend
Chapter Six : Normal, Mostly
Chapter Seven : Game Night
Chapter Eight : Blood Line
Chapter Nine : Queen B
Chapter Ten : Toys
Chapter Eleven : Moving On
Chapter Twelve : Make Out, I Mean Up
Chapter Thirteen : Stepping Stone
Chapter Fourteen : Two Steps Back
Chapter Fifteen : Try
Chapter Sixteen : Easy
Chapter Seventeen : Touch
Chapter Eighteen : Co-Captain
Chapter Nineteen : Dark Times Ahead
Chapter Twenty : Wild
Chapter Twenty One : Family Ties
Chapter Twenty Two : Touchdown
Chapter Twenty Three : Puppy
Chapter Twenty Four : Trouble
Chapter Twenty Five : Over
Chapter Twenty Six : New Kid On The Block
Chapter Twenty Seven : Need
Chapter Twenty Eight : Scouted
Chapter Twenty Nine : No I, In Team
Chapter Thirty : Big Boy
Chapter Thirty One : Kissing Booth
Chapter Thirty Two : Moreau House
Chapter Thirty Three : De Angelis House
Chapter Thirty Four : Lockdown
Chapter Thirty Five : The Big Game
Chapter Thirty Six : After Math
Chapter Thirty Seven : After Party
Chapter Thirty Eight : Occhi
Chapter Thirty Nine : PDA
Chapter Forty : The Worst That Could Happen
Chapter Forty One : Preperations
Chapter Forty Two : Homecoming
Chapter Forty Three : The Last Game
Chapter Forty Four : Summertime
Chapter Forty Five : Birthday Boy
Chapter Forty Six : The Last Supper
Chapter Forty Seven : Wait
Chapter Forty Eight : Heavy
Chapter Forty Nine : New Beginnings
Chapter Fifty : Senior Year
Chapter Fifty One : Home
Chapter Fifty Two : Golden Boy Returns
Chapter Fifty Three : Old Relations
Chapter Fifty Four : Good Over Evil
Chapter Fifty Five : There's Something Wrong With Alex
Chapter Fifty Seven : Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
Chapter Fifty Eight : Chin Up
Chapter Fifty Nine : Rosso
Chapter Sixty : Snake In My Boot
Chapter Sixty One : The Merchant
Announcement

Chapter Fifty Six : Nonni

28.5K 937 438
By BenRyans

A/N I am now starting fan shoutouts, as I appreciate you all so much! The first shoutout is to @ElizmaFlint your comments make my day! :)

"My extended family is coming down tomorrow, throwing a birthday party for my grandma. You in? Your parents can come too." Dakota asked from across the locker room, half naked and I had to admit that my eyes lingered at the sight of his bare sleek skin.

"Definitely." I said with a smile as I slapped on my football gear, wincing. Anything to ignore the nerves that were settled at the pit of my stomach for tonight's game. I was always nervous before a game, no matter who it was we were playing against, but there was something about the Panthers that was different. Maybe because I knew Seth was a good player and even though we had seemed to squash the beef, I was still a little tense.

"Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to be there alone. My aunts and cousins are definitely going to be asking where my father is."

"Just tell 'em he's out on business." I shrugged, making up a simple lie that any one was bound to believe.

"I just feel kind of embarrassed, you know? We'd always had this perfect image to extended relatives and now it's potentially gone. I mean, I don't care but at the same time, I do. Am I making any sense?" He chuckled as he slid on his jersey, the position of captain back to it's rightful owner, a position I gladly gave back.

"I understand, completely."
"How is your mom doing?"

"She's been doing good, I'd say. Looking for jobs, I'm trying to do the same but she keeps telling me not to worry and focus on football since I'm kind of riding on the scholarship." I could see the endless amount of worry in his eyes and through his smile and I felt helpless.

"Let's do something.. after the game." I said before clearing my throat. He grinned from ear to ear as he gazed at me suggestively, scanning me with his eyes from head to toe as if I was a meal.

"Not that." I said as I threw a towel at his face.

"Alright, attention boys. We've played against these yellow bellies before and kicked their asses, and I know we can do it again! I don't want no slacking, keep your head in the game and bring her home, ya hear me?"

"Yes sir!" The team yelled in unison. I nodded along, uncertain of this her character.

"Warr-iors! Warr-iors! Warr-iors!"

The nerves I had felt left as soon as I set foot on the field. I took my regular position, kneeling on one knee and waiting for Dakota's signal but this time he wouldn't be throwing it to me. The offense would draw back, as if it was going to be a prass-protect for Dakota but he'd pass the ball to Michael before throwing it to me. It was the perfect play.

"Hut." Dakota yelled after the whistle blew. The offense surrounded him. He turned to the left, passing it to Michael. He ran the 50 yards down the field, with me following him on the other side, matching his pace. The ball flew across the field, spiraling my direction and I jumped up to catch it before running across the posts for a touchdown.

The crowd jeered and the team ran towards me with wide smiles full of glory.

"Good game, baby." Dakota said with a smile before patting my butt. I could feel the blood as it rushed to my cheeks and made me hot. Michael ran towards me, wrapping an arm around Dakota and I, "This is going to be one hell of a season."

"Nice game." Seth said as he walked up to us, extending his hand to shake and we gladly did so. "I just wanted to say, thanks, Michael."

I scrunched my brows in confusion as I turned to Dakota who'd had the same expression as I did. What exactly was Seth thankful to Michael for?

"See ya, boys." Seth said as he walked away towards the stands. I could see Alex from a distance, walking to towards him, interlocking their hands before sharing a passionate kiss. I widened my eyes, amazed at how open the two were and somewhat envious. Back to the situation at hand, I turned to Micheal, awaiting his explanation with anticipation.

"About that." Michael said with nervous laughter.

"I invited Seth to the party, purposely. He came to me asking for advice, he wasn't sure if Alex was into him. I just wanted to help." He said with a shrug.

"Well, aren't you the little match maker." I said before pinching the tip of his nose, quoting him from earlier.

"Okay, only I'm allowed to say that." He shoved my hand away.

🏈

"Thanks mom, we're pretty tired from the game, gonna crash, goodnight!" I said as I walked to my room in a hurry with my hand locked around Dakota's. As soon as the door closed behind Dakota pulled at the hem of my shirt, slipping it over my head and throwing it to the ground before pinning me to door and taking off his own shirt.

I could feel the rise and fall of his chest in sync with mine, with his hands on my hips before pulling me closer, kissing me on my open mouth, lingering between each kiss and making me feel that much more earnest for the next. With a slip of his tongue, my entire body burned as his free hand caressed my back. The simplest touch made me weak, making my groin ache with pleasure and it was the first time I realized how badly I wanted it, how badly I wanted him. I pulled away for a moment, second guessing my hormonal thoughts.

"Are you scared?" Dakota asked as he took a step back from me.
"Of what?"

"Sex."

It was silent for a moment as I thought. I wanted nothing more than to share that kind of bond with Dakota but I wanted it to be without any interruptions, what so ever, which translates to, I didn't want to have to hold anything back for the sake of no one hearing the two of us. Or maybe I was afraid.

"No. I just-" I paused.
"I want it to be the right time and right now, I don't think it is." I averted my eyes to the floor, unable to meet his eyes after turning him down when it was so obvious he was ready and I wasn't.

"Whenever you're ready, I'm ready." He smiled as he ruffled my hair before planting a small peck on the side of my face. A smile tugged at the corner of my lips as he scooped up my shirt from the floor and handed it to me before sliding on his own. I sat on the edge of my bed as Dakota set up the Nintendo64 and handed me a controller.

🏈

"Boys, it's time to get up! We're late." I could hear my mother's voice call out but my eyes were still heavy with sleep to open them. I groaned as I turned on my side with Dakota's arm and leg still draped over me. My bed was no longer able to fit the two of us but I didn't mind having to sleep so close together.

"Boys!" My mother called out once more before I finally rolled myself out of bed. After a quick wash and a fresh pair of clothes, I was ready to go. I'd met a few of Dakota's cousins a handful of times but not enough to keep a conversation going.

"Does your grandma know about us?"
"No but I'm sure she won't mind. She loves me." Dakota said with a confident smile. I hoped he was right.

My mother hummed a random tune as we walked across the street to the Moreau house. Cars were lined up and down the block with family holding extravagant bags or boxes as they piled out of their vehicles. The usual Lucio Dalla songs that played at every Moreau family gathering, I'd been to so far, blared through out the house along with the hustle and bustle of relatives running in and out of the kitchen, chit chatting away.

"Maria." My mother called, making her way over to her in the dining room and handing Dakota's grandma her birthday present, a new set of porcelain tea cups with gold trimming, adorned with yellow tulips before pecking her cheek. Mrs.Moreau and my mother had been friends so it wasn't a surprise to me that Dakota's grandma's face lit up at the sight of her.

I walked with Dakota in suit of my mother, and waited as Dakota wished his grandma a happy birthday, kissing her on her soft wrinkled cheek. "Happy birthday, nonna." Dakota smiled as he patted her fragile hand.

"Is this the Luka you've told me about, Maria? Bello." She said with a gummy smile as she gazed at me. "Happy birthday." I said coyly.

I was on my third plate when I'd realized I wouldn't have enough room for cake and the regret starting to sink in. I set down my plate and leaned back in the couch, giving my stomach a rest.

"Wanna go out back? Shoot some hoops?" Dakota asked as he turned to me. I nodded in agreement, slowly standing to my feet. Dakota slipped his hand in mine as we made our way to the back door, weaving in and out of what seemed like a hundred relatives. The house was so packed, it felt like being in a can of sardines. I was eager to get some air and space.

"I see it runs in the family." A voice sneered as we were about to step outside.

"What?" Dakota asked as he turned around. My heart pounded upon hearing the words and urged Dakota to keep walking, not wanting any confrontation at such a celebration.

"Homosexuality, it runs on your dad's side, doesn't it?" A brunette headed boy by the name of Matteo, said with a sneer as he crossed his arms. I'd only spoken with him once before and that was when Dakota had turned sixteen. His eyes held judgement but also taunt as he stood in the door frame with a face that would make anyone want to hit him.

"My father isn't gay, you idiot and if he was, I wouldn't give a fuck." I could see the tips of Dakota's ears turning red as he stepped closer to Matteo with and a crease in his forehead. I grabbed his forearm and shook my head. It was obvious what the kid wanted and I'd be damned if we were to give it to him.

"No, no, your nonno."
"What?"

"Dakota, let's go." I said as I tugged on his arm.

"Yeah, he was caught cheating on his wife with a man. Which is probably what your father is doing right now, why he's not here." He smirked but it wasn't long before that smirk was knocked off his face. Dakota tackled him to the floor, swinging his fists and guns blazing. A few of Dakota's cousins and aunts screamed as they toppled over each other to get out of the way in fear of getting hurt.

"Dakota!" I ripped him off of a bloody nosed Matteo, quickly putting a stop to the fight before it could get out of hand.

"What is going on!?" Mrs.Moreau asked as she emerged from the kitchen.

"Is it true? Is dad's old man, gay?" Dakota asked with tear welled eyes.

"We'll talk about it after, come." She said as she wrapped her arm around Dakota and walked him to her room. Matteo grinned at me as he wiped his nose with the back of his hand and it took all of me not to go after him.

The party ended soon after that. I felt somewhat responsible, I should've stopped Dakota, maybe part of me wanted to see him beat Matteo. But he'd always been hotheaded, sometimes it couldn't be helped. I sighed as I sat on the couch with mom by my side in silence until I decided to speak.

"Is it true mom?"
"Yes."

"But it wasn't the fact that he was gay that he was judged for, it was that he cheated. I want you to know that, Luka." She said as she squeezed my hand.

"Well, I should tidy up." My mom said as she stood up. I nodded, and joined her, putting away all the extra food and sneaking in a few plates for myself to take back home.

I didn't have to figure out the reason for Matteo's sudden interest in Dakota and I. He was just like Mr.Moreau, hateful to anyone different but among all of Dakota's relatives he was the only one with a problem. Everyone else seemed to accept Dakota and I, even his grandma and to me, that was enough not to discourage me.

I hugged Dakota and exchanged goodbyes with Mrs.Moreau as we stood at the front door before leaving. As I changed for bed, it became clear to me why Mr.Moreau wanted to have a picture perfect family. He wanted to redeem his family name. No matter the cost. I didn't feel empathy for him, but I understood why he pushed Dakota so hard to be without a flaw, and why he hid Mrs.Moreau's alcohol addiction. It didn't make sense but at least now, I understood.

A/N don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think! points if you know what bello means! i'm sure it's obvious by now what nonni means. any way, i'm thinking of taking questions from followers (any questions you want), answering them and then publishing it, would that be a good idea? let me know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.1K 17
"It was the best orgasm I've ever had. It was so intense that for a second there, it felt like my soul would escape through my nipples." Luke and Dan...
50.4K 1.6K 72
Sebastian has been through a lot after realizing that he was gay. His parents took it in stride but his school and town were less than friendly about...
658 2 19
**Boy x Boy story** After a disaster 5 years ago a hockey team in Minnesota gets ready for their season. This is Jae's last year in high school hocke...
33K 2.6K 38
[BXB / unedited ] Saying that Max Oran is a disaster would be an understatement: he got himself kicked out of school, his dad has sent him to live wi...