A Different Type of Love Stor...

By iluvelijah14

Drew is a seventeen year old boy and the schools football star and also the most popular boy in school. He ha... More

A Different Type of Love Story!
Chapter 2 "Jade"
Chapter 3 -Saving Jade.
Chapter 4 Lizzy The Lizard <3
Chapter 5 My Drew likes Justin Bieber!
Chapter 6 Jade the tutor.
Chapter 7 Field trip!
Chapter 8 The Picnic<3
Chapter 9 Intensive care.
Chapter 10 Why did this have to happen?
Chapter 11, May I have the honor of taking your daughter to prom?
Chapter 13 " That oh so "special" night, prom!
Chapter 14 A funeral made for two.
Chapter 15 ~Lies and cry's~ The scar in Scarlett.
Chapter 16 ~ Let the truth be told
Chapter 17 A much needed girls day!
Chapter 18- The surprises of graduation

Chapter 12 important preperations

1.3K 19 8
By iluvelijah14

                          HEY YOU GUYS(: HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER:p YOU GET TO SEE JADES PROM DRESS, WHICH IS THE PICTURE TO THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It was a couple of days later, Sunday,  and things seemed so much brighter. Jade always had a smile on her face even in her sleep and Cindy was always cheery now too.

          I was pouring myself a cup of coffee when Doctor Blythe came in.

        " Goodmorning everyone." He said putting his clipboard down to take Jades blood preasure.

       " How is she?" Cindy asked.

      " She is progressing very well. Actually, today around lunch, I think we are going to move her into the progressive care unit. Maybe she will be able to get out in ohh...I'd say about a week."

      " Just in time for Prom!" I shouted.

      " When is Prom?"

     " Next Saturday."

    " Oh I see, ya I think she'll be ready to get out of here by Wednesday. Then maybe tomorrow we will set her up with therapy for her legs."

     Doctor Blythe shot me a glance, as if to warn me to calm down, because like I know she may not be able to walk and not to get my hopes up.

    " I'll be back later with a couple of nurses to move her out." Doctor Blythe said shutting the door behind him.

   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Around noon, Doctor Blythe came in with a two nurses and a clean cot.

     " We've come to get her." He said sitting the cot down and beginning to lift Jade out of her bed with the help of one of the nurses.

    Once they were wheeling Jade out, I didn't even look back. I was happy to leave that cold dark room that we  have all called home for the past weeks.

  Finally we were down to the second floor of the hospital, in a hallway that seemed much warmer and more comforting than the other. The doctor stopped at the fourth door on the right.  Room 440.

 He opened the door, and we walked into a much warmer and cozier room, with light pink walls a pale pink hospital bed, two nice, white, plush chairs, and a nice white couch. It felt more like a bedroom than a death chamber.

 I plopped down on the couch while the doctor and nurses put Jade in her bed.

 " Are you good now?" Doctor Blythe asked Jade.

 She gave him a thumbs up.

 " Good!" Doctor Blythe said smiling. " I'll be back later to check and see how shes doing. I will also let you know about therapy."

 " Alright, that'll be good." Cindy agreed.

 Mom came and sat in the chair by me, and I think all of us including Jade fell asleep. Mainly because it was hard to get good sleep in Jades old room and now this one was so much better.

 I was startled awake by what seemed to be a dream. I couldn't see anything, but I heard a girl say mom, in a shaky voice over and over. I knew I had to be awake, even though I still have my eyes closes but I still hear the girl saying mom.

 I decided to open my eyes. Looking up at the ceiling. I thought it had stopped, but I heard it again. I thought I was going crazy so I closed my eyes and opened them again but still the noise. When I thought of something.

 I looked over at Jade, and sure enough I saw her lips move. It was Jade!

 I jumped out of my seat and quickly went to where Cindy was sitting.

" Cindy!!" I shouted shaking her shoulder.

 " What?" She yawned opening her eyes.

 " Look!" I said pointing to Jade.

 " Mom." Jade muttered.

 Cindy jumped out of the chair, her eyes huge. We both ran over to Jades bed, my own mom now joining.

 " JADE! YOU CAN TALK!" Cindy chimed, tears coming from her eyes!

 " Yes mom!" Jade smiled as tears also came from her eyes. " Drew!"

 I bent down hugging her.

 " I can't believe you can talk again!" I said.

 " Me...me..eeeither!" Jade sputtered.

  Even though Jade had a little trouble with her pronunciation of words, she could still talk! Thank the good lord.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      The next couple of days went by good. Jade has been progressing everyday.

      " You ready to be taken to therapy?" Doctor Blythe asked shaking Jades hand.

      " Yes sir." Jade said.

       Today was Jades first day of therapy and I wanted to go, while Cindy rested. She hasn't got much sleep at all now sense Jade has been able to talk.

     Sense today is Wednesday, she only has to go for an hour.

    " Hello there my name is Mike." A plump man with a small brown beard said as he shook mine and Jades hand. " I am going to be giving his little lady her therapy. Who are you?" He asked.

    " Her boyfriend, Drew." 

    " Well hello there Drew."

    " Hi."

   " Ok now, the first thing we are going to do is see if you can walk at all. I am going to start by lifting you out of the chair and seeing if you can stand. If you start to fall, don't worry I'll catch you."\

     I watched as Mike lifted Jade out of her chair, then let go. She stood and wobbled then began to fall. Mike picked her back up and tried  again. She did the same.

   " Well now lets see if you can try to walk, by holding onto me."

   Jade began to take stiff steps but then stumbled and fell on her knees.

   Jade and Mike practiced that over a couple more times, after about the third try Jade stopped falling. She was doing a little bit better.

  By Friday, our next Therapy appointment Jade was prgressing very well. She was able to stand on her own, and was getting better at walking, even though she still had to hold on to Mike.

 Now today, Monday. The week of the prom Jade is almost back to normal. We are all so proud of her. She can walk now, without having to hold on to Mike.

 " I am so so proud of you Jade." I said as I was wheeling her back to her hospital room.

  " I am proud of me too Drew," She smiled.

   " Thats good,."

  " Hey Cindy, they're back!" My mom called as Cindy came to the hosptial room door to put Jade back to bed.

   " Jade, your mom has some surprises for you." my mother said.

 Just then, I saw Jades mom pull out a bunch of catalogs that read Prom on the front. She sat them in Jades lap and motioned for my mom and me to come and sit by her bed.

 " These are prom magazines for you honey. We arent going to have anytime to go dress shopping before Saturday. Especailly sense your getting out Wednesday, you still need to rest to make sure you willl feel ok. So while you were at therapy today, I went and got some catalogs so you can shop for a dress in these, and when you find one we will go get it Friday!"

 " Thank you momma!" Jade shouted kissing Cindy's cheek. " I can't wait!"

  I sat by Jade and Cindy for the rest of the day, searching through Prom dress catalogs. By ten o'clock though we were all worn out and fast asleep.

  The next morning I woke up before everyone else. I decided not to wake them up so I figured I would go down to the gift shop and find something for Jade. 

  On the ride down, I was thinking about Thursday and how much I dreaded having to go back to school. It was the day before prom though so I figured we wouldn't do much. I think seniors actually get to help decorate.

  I walked into the gift shop. It smelled heavily of perfume. I had absolutely no idea what to get. Most everything mostly was blue and pink and said Congratulations on your new baby girl or boy. It felt like an old ladies house in there. Floral wallpaper, it was small with one counter, with who would of guessed an old lady as the cashier.

 I walked over and picked up a pink stuffed bear that had the words written on it  It's a girl. When I heard the old lady speak.

 " May I help you sir?" The old lady asked removing her glasses.

 " Oh I was just looking."

" Well thats fine, did your wife just have a little baby girl? If so I have just the thing!"

" Umm.. no." I said. " I don't have a wife I'm just seventeen."

 " Oh I see, well is there anything I could help you find?"

  It seemed like the lady wasn't going to give up.

  " Well do you have anything that would do good for a seventeen year old girl that is about to get out of the hospital?"

  " Let me see, come right over here." She said motioning me to go over next to the wall. " We have these. They are nice little picture frames with hearts, lets see we have this one that says feel better soon!"

 " No thank you." I said as something nearby caught my eye. It was a stuffed horse, similar to the one Jade had. Except this one was all white and had a sparkly tail and mane.

 " I'll take this!" I said handing the lady the stuffed horse.

 " I thought you were getting something for a seventeen year old girl?" The lady asked in an odd questioning tone as she walked over to the cash register to scan  the horses tag.

  " I am!" I said with confidence. It was none of her business if I wanted to get that for Jade.

   " Alright then?" She said skepticly like she thought I was stupid for getting a seventeen year old girl a stuffed animal.

   I walked out of the giftshop rolling my eyes. People these days. 

  As I was walking back to the elevator, I noticed someone at the front desk that looked familiar. It was Miranda the girl  I met in the waiting room the night Jade had her accident.

  I decided I should go talk to her sense she seemed to care, I can let her know that Jade is ok. So I walked over to the front desk. She was talking to the nurse.

 " Drew, I am looking for a Drew Tatum. His girlfriend was in a bad accident she fell off of her horse. I think she is suppose to be in ICU." I heard Miranda try to explain.

  " I'm sorry Ma'am but there is no one with that condition or by that name in ICU." The nurse explained.

   " Thank you." Miranda said irritably as she turned around.

   " Hi!" I said.

   " Oh Drew! How are you?" Miranda said hugging me. " I just asked for you and they said there was nobody here by that name.!"

   " That's because Jade isn't in ICU anymore." I said.

    " Oh no! I'm so sorry! When did it happen?"

   " No no it's ok, Jades fine!" I said reassuring her. " She is actually recovering really well, do you want to come see her?"

   " I would love too!"

     " Ok well follow me!" I said as I led her up to Jades room, hiding the horse in my jacket. I figured I should give it to her later.

     We walked into Jades room. Jade was lying in her hospital bed looking threw a magazine and my mom was reading a book. 

    " Where is Cindy?"

    " She went to go get more catalogs." Jade said cheerfully.

    " Jade, mom, this is Miranda. She is the woman I met in the waiting room and talked to after she had her baby. She wanted to come see how Jade was doing."

   " Hi there Miranda thank you for coming!" My mother said.

   Miranda walked over to Jade.

   " You must be Jade." She smiled. I have heard so much about you from this boy, you know he really does care."

    Jade smiled.

   " Thank you for coming to see me ma'am."

   " Your very welcome!"

    It was getting a little awkward so I decided to start a new conversation.

    " So Miranda, how is Avonlea doing?"

     " Shes great! She is just a handful!"

     " I'll bet!"

     " Yeah well I better be going, I've just had Jade on my mind every sense I first met Drew here in the waiting room that night. I am so thankful she is doing better, i've been praying she would." Miranda said as she walked towards the door.

     " Thanks again!" I waved as she walked out the door.

    " Well that lady is really nice! At least there are some good people left in this world."

    " Yeah I know mom." I laughed.

    I went over to sit by Jade on her bed. I was excited to give her her new horse.

   " Sit down that magazine for a second please I've got a surprise for you."

  " Really?"

  " Sure do!"

  " What is it?"

  " close your eyes." I said in a playful tone.

 I pulled out the horse from my jacket and fluffed it up some from where it had gotten a little smashed in my jacket pocket.

 " Here!" I said putting the horse in her arms. " Open your eyes!"

  When Jade opened her eyes her face automatically lit up!

  " i love it!! Where did you get this?"

  " The gift shop a little while ago." I said smiling.

  " Now Sunshine can have a friend!" She squealed wrapping her arms around my neck.

  " Yes he can!" I said kissing her forehead.

  " Thank you Drew!"

  " Your welcome! Anything for you."

  Around that same time, I saw Cindy come in the door. She had a tank in her hand. It was my... Jades Lizzy the lizard. I wonder why she brought it here when Jade gets out tomorrow?

 " Here you go honey, Lizzy came to see you!"

  " Yay!" Jade shouted. " Look what Drew got me!"

  "That's nice honey! What are you going to name it?"

  " I want to name it Gypsy!"

   " Why Gypsy?" I just had to ask.

  " I don't know? Just like it!"

    " Haha ok."

   I watched as Cindy brought Jade what looked to be six more magazines. It was already eight thirty and I had nothing else to do, so I just went to sleep.

  I woke up a little late the next morning, but I don't mind, because I know tomorrow I won't get to sleep late sense I have to go back to school.  The whole room looked different, Jades things where all packed up and ready to go for five o'clock when Jade gets to leave.

 I honestly can't wait to get out of here and be in my own bed, and have a home cooked meal. I looked up to see Cindy with Jade. Catalogs spread out everywhere. They were arguing between which colors would look best.

  " Drew, come tell Jade you think green would be a good choice."

  " Well, I'll come see."

   I went over and looked in one of the catalogs. Most all of the dresses looked to puffy.

   " This one!" Cindy pointed to a really frilly lime green dress Witha huge white bow.

   " Umm... Sorry Cindy but I don't like that." I had to be honest. 

    " but why?"

    " uhh, its way to frilly and I definitely do not like that bow!"

     " I know right!" Jade said.

      Just before I was about to get up, I heard jade squeal.

      " This one! I have to have this one!"

      " Heyyy that is pretty!" I heard Cindy agree. " Are you sure this is the one you want?"

     " Yes!" Jade chimed.

    I looked down on the page to see an aqua blue strapless dress, with ruffles down the side, and small purple flowers on the top. It was great, the prettiest one I had seen so far.

    " I love it!" I said to Jade.

    "Then it's settled! This the dress!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<3----------------------------------------------------------------------

  HEY EVERYONE:D I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER:P  YAAY JADE FINALLY GETS TO GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL(:

   I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER PROM!!! YAY<3 LETS JUST SAY IT'LL BE INTERESTING * HINT HINT* ITLL BE A SHOCKER SO STAY TUNED(:

       remember to please please please COMMENT and VOTE(: I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK AND PLUS I REALLY NEED IT NOW THAT I HAVE ENTERED THE WATTY AWARDS, SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS AND LEAVE VOTES AND COMMENTS(:

             BY THE WAY, THE PICTURE TO THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, IS JADES PROM DRESS<3

                I THINK ITS PRETTY<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623K 17.7K 44
"You know...I thought I was just being a good friend by telling you. But no...I just wanted you for myself right? I didn't care about your feelings?"...
83.8K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
21.8K 842 59
# 1 I N B U L L Y I N G #1 I N H O R R O R # 1 I N D O M E S T I C V I O L E N C E # 1 I N A N T I - B U L L Y I N G # 1 I...
8.5K 671 19
our story is about a girl named nila who falls in love with a boy who loves her from his teenage but she is unaware of it in school days and then she...