Bethlehem|Declan McKenna

By declansbrew

For love is only what suits you most. More

-Casting and authors note-
One- 'poshos'
Two- handwritten notes
Three-Hazel Eyes
Four- swimming pools
Six- square preachers
Seven- tinted round glasses
Eight- late nights out
Nine- The Eiffel Tower
Ten- goodbye (for now)
Eleven- san miguel kisses
Twelve - takeaway pizza

Five- deep grass

582 12 1
By declansbrew

-21:37, the girls hotel room (341), post dinner. Cassie's point of view-

"So what's the deal with you and that Declan lad then Cass?" Molly asks. She stands in the middle of her room, combing through her wet long black hair through post shower.

"What do you mean?" There was nothing really going on with me and Declan, we were just friends.

"I don't know, you guys just seem to be getting on really well, I was wondering y'know, if there was a little spark or something," she sounded optimistic and was probably hoping for me to confess my never ending love for Declan.

"He's just kind to me I guess, I don't think there's anything there," I shrugged my shoulders and avoided eye contact as much as I could because if I made eye contact she'd prize information out of me that I didn't even know about myself.

"Do you think he's cute?" Katie chirped in.

"Oh piss off katie! You know I think he's cute," katie and Molly both laughed at my demise. I shouldn't of said that, HUGE MISTAKE. The rest of the holiday would be based around them both trying to 'get us together' now. "Whatever, I'm going to bed, goodnight girls,"

"Goodnight," they both replied. I climbed into the thin duvet and dreamt sweet summer dreams.

-09:54, the girls hotel room (341), cassie's pov, the hotel balconies door is open, letting in a soft breeze. It's around 25 degrees Celsius already. The air smells like coconut sun cream and vanilla perfume. Molly and Katie are downstairs in the lobby, whilst Cassie is finishing up getting ready for the day. David Bowie's 'Young Americans' album plays quietly in the background.-

I rub in the last amount sun cream onto my legs before slipping on my sandals. I am wearing a black v-neck two piece with small roses printed around it. My hair is in a bun today and my fringe hangs softly on my face. I practically throw a bottle of water, sun cream, a notepad and a pen,my purse and Polaroid camera into my small satchel before heading out the door to meet everyone downstairs.

The lobby is pretty full with the college kids, their group leaders already starting registers. I rush over to Steven and our awaiting group. "Sorry I'm late Steven, I was...on the phone to my mum," I made up the first excuse that am to mind because I couldn't tell him I was watching vine compilations whilst sat on the toilet now could I? he only gives me a smile in response which means I've probably annoyed him and he hadn't seen past my lie. He marked me down as present. "Y'alright lads?" I ask the boys, I hadn't seen them since after we were kicked out of our swimming sesh last night. They all reply in several versions of "yeah, are you," I nodded before our group got lead away by Steven.

That was the beauty of the trip, there was only a small number of people I actually had to talk to. We got into the car again and drove into the city centre. Today, our groups activity was visiting the church of the nativity. The church was in ruins but was still cramped with other tourists just like us. I took photos on my phone of the pretty architecture and took notes of the history notice boards that were on plaques, dotted around the land. No one else was really taking notes or even looking interested with that, so I just put the notepad away and copied everyone else's style. At lunch time, the group went and sat in a field near the church and ate their pre made packed lunch.

The grass in the field was tall, up to my ankles. We found a perfect spot, sheltered by a tall tree and sat down into a circle, before Charlie began to speak. He said,"It's stupid you know," and we all looked at him confused, waiting for him to start speaking again. "Just religion in general,"

"Charlie you can't just say that, people could find it offensive," Dec butted in. "I've told you this time and time again, it's not your choice to say what people believe in,". He got very heated around the subject for he felt passionately about it.

"How come you're even studying RE if you think it's all just a bunch of bull shit?" Molly asked taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Because I get to put my religious views forward without being told it's wrong," Charlie quickly replied. He was lying on his stomach, propped up by his arms and occasionally popping a grape in his mouth. The whole group looked at him in utter confusion and part disgust.

"That's so dumb," I said.

"Yeah well just let me believe what I want to believe and I'll let you say what you want," the conversation fell dead again. Uncomfortably quiet.

"Anyways, what you all doing tonight? Fancy a little get together? I can get some bevvies if you like," joe said looking around the circle. One thing I never understood about joe was how it could be 30 odd degrees outside and he'd still be wearing that fucking navy blue beanie. Everyone looked around senselessly at him. "N-n-no joe," Dec said looking at him. "Well I mean, no bevvies because you'll over do it, but if you want to girls, you can still come round and just hang out," he stared at me when he said it, hoping for my validation.

I felt 5 pairs of eyes all turned on me. The girls were obviously staring at me to say no incase they tried anything and the boys were staring for me to say yes for the sake of company. "Yeah maybe, depends how I'm feeling," I simply replied, satisfying both of the parties.

I head over to the boys room at eight thirty to listen to some of Dec's tracks and to have lengthy discussions about music like we'd planned. I had to be careful because of the rules, so if I saw a teacher, I'd simply tell them I was finding a girl to get some 'girly products' and there'd be no further questions.

I knocked on the hotel rooms door and joe answered. "Oh hey Cass," He said opening the door for me to come in. Charlie was on the balcony hanging out his clothes but Dec was no where to be seen. I sat down at the chair in the corner of the room and began to check through my phone. Joe came and sat on his bed, followed by Charlie on the end of his. I heard the shower in the en suite and assumed that's where Dec was. The room was messier than our room but I could tell who was sleeping where. There was a pair of round glasses on the bedside table, and an NME magazine. The bed was nearly made, that was obviously Charlie. Under joes bed you could see an open suitcase, with dirty laundry and brightly coloured paisley shirts hanging out of it. Dec's bed was by the wall next to the bathroom. His pillow was still propped up from where he'd previously been sitting, and his duvet unmade. On top of the sheet was an iPod shuffle, David bowie had been intricately painted on the back. I smiled at how cute it was.

We all soon got onto the topic of music; in particular, David bowie. We began to argue about what his best album was. I thought it was 'The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust', Joe thought it was 'Aladdin Sane' and for whatever reason, Charlie thought it was 'Lodger'. "SO YOURE TELLING ME THAT THIS ISNT A FUCKING TUNE?" Joe said playing the intro of Aladdin sane incredibly loud over his speakers. "BITCH GIVE ME YOUR PHONE," I began to play Suffragette City. I stood up and with whatever pride I had left, began to strut around the room dancing and playing air guitar.

"Fair do's, this is a fucking bop," Charlie said, standing up and joining in. Joe just sat on the edge of his bed, swaying from side to side along to the beat of the song. "Come on Joe," I gestured my arms for him to come dance with us.

"I don't dance," he said, stopping his sway and sitting perfectly still.

"Come on, I know you can, just for us, come on?" I pleaded with him but he shook his head at me.

"I know a perfect song that'll go with this," Charlie said. He flicked through YouTube quickly before 'I don't dance' from High School musical came blasting through the speakers. We all burst into laughter, to the point I was nearly weeing myself when suddenly there was a harsh knock at the door. The laughter stopped and so did the music. Joe got up from his bed and rushed over to the door, peering through the eye hole to see who it was.

"Shit it's Steve!" He yelled. I panicked and began to mime out "where do I go???????" To both of the boys. They flailed their arms around quickly, searching for a place. "Ughhh just a second Steve I'm putting my pyjamas on," joe said, attempting to cover why he wasn't answering the door. "THE BATHROOM, THE BATHROOM," Charlie pointed towards the bathroom door and mouthed to me. "But Dec's in the shower!" I replied, now panicking viciously. Charlie grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the bathroom door. He opened it and told me to wait in there until Steve was gone, before pushing me inside.

The door slammed behind me and I heard Charlie letting Steve in. "What the fuck?" Declan said panicking. He had gotten out of the shower now and was about to dry himself off. I shushed him, trying to cover that I was in the hotel room when I shouldn't of been. Declan searched around for a towel whilst hiding his modesty. He sighed, realising he'd left it in the main room. I blushed at his naked body and threw him my robe. He must of felt me staring as he began to blush too. "Yeah sorry Steve, me and joe will turn the music down, we didn't realise how loud it was," he covered up us dancing and singing loudly, quite well.

"Was there a girl in here? I heard a girls voice before I came in?" I held my breath and knew he must of heard me laughing and singing along to bowie. There was no reply from the boys. "Is she in the bathroom?" Steve reached his hand towards the bathroom door handle. "NO!" Charlie screamed. "You can't go in there Steve, Declan's in the shower," Declan turned the shower head back on for affect. "Oh okay, well, just keep it down please, it's nearly curfew,"

"Yeah don't worry, we will," Charlie said. I heard the door shut before joe shouting I could come out now. I walked out, my hair damp from the steam in the bathroom. "And you mckenna," joe said.

"Okay but only if you promise not to laugh, and you throw me some boxers first," he replied, peaking his head from around the door. Joe threw him some clean boxers and out Declan came out with my silk gown still wrapped tightly around him. He had his hairless chest out and posed with his hands on his hips. Joe sniggered, Charlie smiled softly and I told him he suited it and could have it until tomorrow morning before taking a photo of him on my Polaroid camera. He sat himself down on his bed and we all began to just chill out together, talking about memes and music.

Around two hours later, I crept back to the hotel room. The curtains were drawn and the lights were off. It Molly and Katie were both still awake, watching nickelodeon on the tv because it was the only English Channel they had. "Hey guys," I said whispering when I came into the room. I poured myself a glass of water and got into bed and started to text Declan. "What are you smiling at Cass?" Katie said.

"What? Nothing," i defensively replied, I didnt even realise I was smiling.

"What did you do in their room anyways?" Molly asked.

"We just sat and talked about music and memes for ages, I think I'm going to go round tomorrow night aswell, you can both come if you like,it's been quite fun. They're all characters!" they both turned and looked at each other. I knew Molly wouldn't be too sure but Katie would want to come, who am I kidding I'd probably end up dragging them along for moral support anyways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 121 26
"Love is the least of your worries, you need to breathe."
5.9K 616 12
It's a childhood love story 💕
25.9K 990 37
Someday you're gonna love someone who's soul is as deep as the ocean, who would look at you like you're the only star in the sky.
12.5K 196 47
You don't always get to choose who you fall for.