Twelve - takeaway pizza

23:27, I followed Declan up two flights of stairs before we reached the small hallway to his bedroom.

He opened the door and flicked a switch for his fairy lights to come on. The dim light complemented the navy blue walls, which were made even darker by the forever closed curtains. I put my backpack onto the floor and sat down on the opposite end of the bed.

"Is it okay if I grab a shower dec? I feel dead grebby from the dancing for so long" I said still sat on his bed and touched my fringe which hung strangely from sweat.

"Yeah of course, the pizzas coming in half an hour though so you better be quick," he got up and handed me a towel from the cupboard as well as an oversized striped tshirt and some black pyjama shorts. I walked to the bathroom and ran the hot water, I turned on my Spotify and the magic gang began to play, I could hear Declan singing a long from the other room.

I dried myself off before pulling my hair back into a bun on the top of my head and getting changed into the fresh shirt and shorts that Declan had given me. The shirt still had his fragrance on somehow, I breathed it in and felt content but quickly snapped out of it when I realised I was just stood smelling his shirt.

When I returned to his bedroom I found him blowing up an air bed. "What are you doing numpty?" He looked up in a childlike way before stuttering out "uhhh well, I didn't know if you wanted to sleep alone tonight or whatever, so I just thought I'd get the air bed out and I'll sleep on it," he leaned over the air bed and took another sip of his drink.

"Dec you've got a double bed, I'm not just gonna make you sleep on the floor whilst I starfish am I?" We both giggled to each other.

"I guess you're right, I'll top and tail with you," he winked at me.

"Eew and I'll have your toes in my face? I'd rather sleep on the air mattress,"

"It's too late for that,I'm afraid Cassie," he pulled out the plug from the air bed and I watched as it quickly deflated. The doorbell rang downstairs and I watched his face light up before shouting "PIZZAS HERE," and sprinting down the stairs.

I plonked down on his bed and he soon came back upstairs with the box of pizza, and what looked like whatever drink we had left, some kitchen roll and a bottle of tomato sauce. He sat down on the bed opposite me as I began to organise the objects into a nicer fashion. I grabbed a slice of the pizza and almost violently crammed it in my mouth with hunger. At first declan just watched in awe but then he followed my lead.

He'd connected to the speakers in his room to his phone as-well now and the Beatles 'revolver' album played softly as background noise. I swayed side to side, eating and enjoying the pizza as much as you could. He held his phone up, trying to hide that he was recording me but was pulling a terrible job but I was just too drunk to care and let him film me. "That's going on the story," he said winking at me and taking another bite of the food.

"What is?" I asked playing dumb.

"That video I just took of you, you looked too cute not to capture," he winked at me and watched as I immensely blushed.

"Stop if you absolute softy," my voice slurred at him, I slapped his leg before reaching for the half finished bottle of wine that sat lonely next to me. I took a swig and felt another wave of alcohol hit my brain, it left me tired and drowsy. I yawned.

"Do you wanna get into bed?" He asked. I nodded and he peeled back one part of the duvet before moving everything off and getting in himself. "Stick the telly on if you want, we can watch whatever you want on Netflix," he handed me a remote and I propped up my pillow a bit so I could see the tv better. He brought back the box of half eaten pizza and handed me my bottle of wine and we continued our picnic watching outnumbered together.

~~

00:43
I can feel the affects of drinking wearing off and I'm left with Dec in bed still. We turned the tv off about five minutes ago because I was struggling to stay awake so the whole room was silent.He gets up to use the toilet and returns only in his boxer shorts. I covered my eyes as he came in, and felt my cheeks blush with embarrassment.

"You don't mind do you? I didn't fancy sleeping fully clothed and you're wearing my last pair of good shorts," he stood by the wardrobe stood awkwardly hunched over, pulling the bottom of the shorts to make them seem longer.

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say." He chuckled softly, not wanting to be too loud and wake me from the slumber I was falling into. He turned off the remaining lamps around the room, leaving the one on his bedside table still on, before climbing back into bed.

At first his body was cold, a slight touch between us, but we began to warm up together. He lay flat on his back, one arm behind his head, the other down by his side. I cuddled into his chest for 'warmth' and he placed the lonely arm around my waist like a teddy bear. I drew finger patterns around his chest and watched as it rose and fell.

"Thank you for tonight Dec," I muttered.

"You're welcome Cass, thanks for making it so great," he stroked my hair in between his fingers and I felt myself smiling.

"Bed time?" I asked.

"Yep," he yawned back. He reached over to the lamp and turned it off, plummeting the whole room into darkness. I'd usually be unsettled by such a dark unknown place but for some reason I felt safe. We both soon fell asleep, cradled in to each other.

~~

8:49 am

My eyelashes fluttered as I adjusted to the light flooding the room. They opened a little more and i had a sudden realisation that this wasn't my own bed. I peered at the navy blue walls, and shuffled slightly in the bed, waking up my senses across my body and noticing an arm around my waist. I rolled over and saw Declan's face fast asleep. There was the sound of a lock turning downstairs, before the creeking of the crimson front door opening. I tensed up, cuddling into Declan's chest more. There were footsteps in the corridor before someone began walking up the stairs. I gripped Declan's sides more in hopes he'd wake up. The bedroom door swung open...

[A/N wow it's been a while.]