CHIM - Life in the limelight

By GeordieDoll

More

CHIM - Life in the limelight
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88 (Last chapter)

Chapter 45

3.8K 55 3
By GeordieDoll

To my surprise after the tantrum Paisley threw earlier today she has been as well behaved as ever, she’s been a little angel. I wasn’t expecting her too. Nicola and Nadine had to go so it just leaves me Cheryl and Sarah lounging about the house. We’ve just finished eating and Cheryl’s doing the dishes while I sit watching Sarah larking around with Paisley.

“you really suit that tiara” I comment and Sarah pats it on top of her head.

“Well I am the queen”

“No you’re not” says Paisley. “You’re the princess”

“So who is the queen?” Sarah asks and Paisley turns around pointing at me. “Mummy and Cheryl”

I laugh and Sarah pouts. “I always wanted to be a queen, you’ve shattered my dreams”

“I think you should put a spell on her” I influence Paisley. She’s been running around the living room in her fairy wings for hours since it got a bit nippy outside. She’s been waving her wand in the air too, granting wishes and turning us all into frogs.

“Bam!” She taps the wand on Sarah’s head and starts laughing uncontrollably.

“What’ve you done?” I ask her amused at her amusement.

“She’s a frog again”

“Oi, I’ll get you for that!” Sarah pulls her onto her lap and start assaulting her with tickles. She screeches loudly and her giggles don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. After Sarah  stops tickling her Paisley lies on the carpet trying to get her breath back.

“No more!” She raises her hand in the air.

“Okay, no more”

“You wouldn’t do me a favour would you?”

“What is it?”

“Could you get Paisley ready for bed?”

“It’s only just turned five”

“I know but I thought we could all watch a movie or something, would you like that?”

“Yes!” Paisley jumps up and down and Sarah gets up while swinging her from her feet.

“Do you think you could fly us upstairs?”

“No” She shakes her head while giggling. “It’s not real”

“it isn’t?”

“It pretend”

Sarah gasps in exaggeration. “We’ll just have to walk then”

“No, you carry me”

“Come on then you little monkey”

I go into the kitchen and Cheryl is still busy washing the last of the dishes, she’s scrubbing away at a china plate she doesn’t even notice I’ve entered the room. I grab the damp teatowel from the counter and hit her behind with it making her jump. “Ow! Kimba!”

I do it again and she turns her head looking at me over her shoulder. “Whip us with that thing one more time” She dares me with a cheeky look on her face.

I bite my lip and do as she dares. As soon as I’ve hit her with it she turns around and flicks soapy water at me. “ahh!” I cover my face as she does it again and she starts laughing. “Noooo! I’m all wet!”

“That’s what she said!”

“That’s what who said … who’s been saying that too you Miss Cheryl?” I joke walking back towards her with an eyebrow raised. She walks backwards as I approach her until she comes into contact with the counter and I press myself against her. “Have you got yourself  a bit on the side, eh?”

“you’re an idiot” The smile on her face gets wider and its refusing to go away.

“You love this idiot”

“Hmm I do” She kisses me and as she pulls away I pull her bottom lip gently between my teeth.

“We’re going to watch a movie in a minute so chop chop”

“You could help us like”

“Did I or did I not offer?”

“You did” She giggles and she turn back around so she can finish what she started. I grab the towel that I dropped on the floor and jump on the counter sitting drying the wet dishes laying on the side. I clear my throat and she looks at me watching her.

“You’ve missed a bit” I joke pointing to the plate in her hands.

“and you’re slacking!” She jokes back. I chuckle and we carry on with our jobs. “You’re in a good mood”

“Well I’ve got a lot to be happy about, haven’t i?”

“I know, if I was dating me I would be happy too”

“Now whos the idiot?”

“I was joking!”

“But were you?”

“No” She laughs. “No I’m joking I was, Where’s Sarah?”

“Upstairs getting Paisley ready bless her”

“Its weird isn’t it”                

“What?”

“us dating and our best friends dating… “

“I don’t know”

“Not In a bad way, I think its nice don’t you think?”

“I do and at least we know Nadine isn’t a heartless bitch to break her heart like all the other whores in the past”

“She has her moments” She chuckles. “It’s nice seeing everyone happy”

“It is-”

“Are my ears burning?” Asks a familiar voice. I look up to see Sarah stood at the door grinning from ear to ear.

“Maybe, we’re just having a bit of a gossip about you that’s all”

“Piss off” She laughs and Paisley comes in to join us in a pair of polka dot pyjamas, she holds a brush up to Sarah and she takes it from her hand. “Well we’re going to brush our hair so carry on bitches!”

“What’s she like?”

“Do you think Nads will be able to cope with her 24/7 even I find it a struggle”

“I heard that!” She calls from the other room.

“You know i love you really!”

***

Sarahs knocked out, I think all the running around with Paisley today has drained all the energy she’s had out of her. Paisley however is still wide awake, we can hardly hear two words of the movie we’re watching as shes sat chatting our heads off, I’m surprised she hasn’t woken Sarah up yet if I’m completely honest. She’s sat on the arm of the sofa twirling the ends of Cheryl’s hair around her fingers.

“Are you even watching this?” I ask and she nods even though it’s clear she isn’t. She’s only paid  attention to about 5 minutes of it since Cheryl put it on.

“are you fibbing?”

“Nope” She smirks. “Mummy?”

“Mhm?”

“Cheryls going?”

“What do you mean?” I ask her and she holds out her hands.

“Cheryls going in the sky” I frown at Cheryl and like me she doesn’t seem to have the slightest idea of what she’s talking about. “On a aeroplane to dance”

“Oh you mean on tour?” She nods and shuffles closer to us.

“Don’t go” She slides off the arm of the sofa and onto Cheryl’s lap.

“It’s not for long” She says running her hand over her hair. “Im not going et, its not for a couple of months and you can come and see me, I’m sure we can sort something out”

“I’ll cry”

“Don’t cry” Chery pouts. “If you cry I’ll cry and we don’t at that do we?” she shakes her head and begins fiddling with her hair again. “And you know I’m coming back”

“Really?” She asks looking up at her.

“Of course I am, I’m your mam aren’t i?”

“You’re my mam” she says out loud and she throws her arms around both of Cheryl’s shoulders. I smile as Cheryl closes her eyes as she squeezes her tight.

“She thought you weren’t coming back” I whisper to her and she smiles at me sadly, still holding onto my daughter.

“Bless her”

“Pai?” She raises her head to look at me and I take her small had in mine. “Cheryl will always come back”

“Always?”

“Always always always!” Says Cheryl kissing her head. It’s quite sad that she thinks that one days she’s just going to go and not come back, why she thinks that I have no idea but its heart-breaking. “Will I tell you what we have in the kitchen?”

“What is it?” She asks, her eyes widening with excitement.

“There’s a cupcakes in the cupboard with you name on It! Why don’t you and mummy go get it and I’ll go get my phone and we can give nana Joan a quick ring?”

She doesn’t reply but she jumps off the sofa and pulls my arm dragging me behind her into the kitchen. “Let’s see then” I lift her onto the kitchen counter and I get the box of cupcakes Cheryl had bought from the cupboard.

“My name?”

“Um … well it doesn’t really have your name on it but there’s a flower, look” There’s a knock on the door and Cheryl calls through the house letting me know that she’s going to get it. Paisley takes the cupcake in both her hands and holds it under her nose.

“Mmm”

“I’ll get a plate” I do just that and I lift her down from the counter and onto a kitchen chair. I hear the front door open and Cheryl talking but she’s too far away to hear what she saying or who she’s talking to.

“Kim?”

“Yes?”

“Can you come here for a second?”

“Can it wait? I’m just sorting Pai out”

“Someone’s asking for you” I frown to myself wondering who it could be and I push Paisley under the table.

“Don’t make a mess, I’ll just be a second”

“Who is it?” I ask leaving the kitchen and Cheryl has the door pushed closed.

“He knows you or something? He looks a bit …. Chavy if you ask me”

“Hmm” I open the door and as I’m met by the face in front of me I feel like about now I could keel over. That stare I remember, those dark emotionless eyes, that dirty smirk. I remember it all, it’s too vivid. I feel like I’ve been pulled back into my past, I can’t face the person in front of me so as he goes to speak I try to slam the door closed but he sticks his foot in the gap stopping it from slamming in his face.

“Kimberley, please”

“Go away!” I scream pushing at the door.

“Just give me a chance!” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like