By The Full Moon ( A Hunter N...

By JovinaN

I leaned down to her, our faces a few inches apart. I brushed a stray hair back from her face, tucking it beh... More

Note
One: The War
Two: The Twins
Four: Their Mate
Five: A Harsh Welcome
Six: Put Some Clothes On
Seven: A Room Won't Be Necessary
Eight: A Light Stroll
Nine: Wrong Choice
Ten: Rogue
Eleven: Smile
Twelve: Breakfast Is Ready
Thirteen: To Town And Back...And Back....And Back
Fourteen: Acceptance
Fifteen: Training Day
Sixteen: Worried Wolves
Seventeen: A Good Morning
Eighteen: Rendezvous
Nineteen: Ceremonies
Twenty: Family Reunion
Note
Twenty-One: Work
Twenty-Two: Mark Me
Twenty-Three: Attacked
Twenty-Four: Desires
Twenty-Five: Hunters
Twenty-Six: Please
Twenty-Seven: Rage
Twenty-Eight: Ruthless
Twenty-Nine: News
Epilogue
The Sequel
By The Blood Moon

Three: Saving the Pack

6.2K 324 47
By JovinaN

Three: Saving The Pack

Ava

Time stood still, everyone froze as I looked back and forth between-I didn't even want to say it-the Alphas. I could feel the tender Bond beginning to snap together between the two and I, it didn't bond the two together, probably since thy were blood related. Then I felt the snap. Our minds connecting on a telepathic level. Stories say that all wolves can speak to each other through a telepathic link. Unfortunately, that was not true, it only happened between Mates.

Shift! One of them said to me, but I couldn't tell who. I answered with a tight-lipped growl.

If you don't, we'll kill the little ones. A darker voice said.

I'll kill you before you pounce. I snarled back, snapping my teeth to make my point. Father and Christian were behind them both, watching. They knew what was happening and the fear in their eyes made me want to cringe.

You know who we are right? One asked. By the tilt of the head, I'd say the white one said it.

Mate. The black one added sarcastically. They had slowly stepped closer to me, only a few feet away.

I used my tail to motion Janice towards Christian, who was close enough to get them to pass. Wolves and humans fought all around us, but too zoned into their battles to focus on us. There was a nip at my tail, telling me she understood. I braced myself.

3...

2...

1...

I pounced on the white one, while Father came from behind to the black one. The wolf and I tangled into ball of fur and I watched out of the corner of my eyes as Janice took off with the boys. Relief swam over me when they got to Christian and he lead them to safety, but the sound of my Father's yelp turned my focus away from my current battle. My eyes widened as I saw Father unconscious underneath the black wolf. A bite to my hind leg made me turn to find the white wolf's eyes smiling at me.

Turning away from a battle. Tsk tsk Mate. I growled and swiped my claws at his face, cutting his cheek deeply.

Overly cocky Alphas. Tsk tsk, boy. I snarled before turning and running to Father. The black wolf was about to close it's jaws around his neck. He was going to kill my father.

No! Stop! I was slammed to the side, my bitten shoulder digging into the ground, the pain spreading over my arm.

The white wolf stood above me dropping it's weight. I clawed and kicked. I looked over. His jaw closed. My Father was going to die.

No! Stop, please! But he wasn't listening. I wasn't able to wiggle my way out from the white wolf in my wolf form, so I shifted. I didn't care if I was naked or injured. All I knew was that I needed to protect my father and the pack's Alpha. Summoning my wolf's strength, I kicked the white wolf away. I stood quickly and ran after the black wolf. I slammed my good shoulder into his body, flinging him a meager ten feet away. I quickly shifted back and stood over my father. His breath was threaded, blood pooling out of him.

Big mistake female. The dark wolf growled as he stood.

Leave us alone! I yelled. They looked at each other for a moment then back at me.

Under one condition. The black one huffed.

What? I snapped.

We'll back our army out...for now, if you come with us, Mate.

They had to be joking. But by the look in their eyes they were very serious. From the corner of my eyes I could see Christian around the corner waiting to pounce. He caught my eye and I shook my head. If Father couldn't beat one, he wouldn't be able to either, and then there would be no discussions, they'd kill him. I couldn't let that happen.

Well, Mate? The white one asked.

It was either let them kill my family, my pack, and destroy our land, or take the chance that, as their mate, I may be able to talk them down from attacking Lupis again. At the same time, I might die from their powers suffocating me to death.

I could die trying to save the pack, or I could die, and everyone follows suit. It wasn't a hard choice.

Call them off right now, and I will come with you. I said. My body was shaking, and I couldn't stop it. The outcome was unpredictable, the battle had started merely minutes ago, but it was close to over. No one else had to die. They looked at each other once more before lifting their heads up into the air and howling. The fighting ceased to continue and moments later the remaining wolves from the Ash Pack were running back into the forest. I lifted my head, howling to my pack, letting them know the fight was over.

Let's go. The white one huffed out. I glared at them as my father slowly came to consciousness underneath me and I stepped over him, letting him stand.

You can wait ten minutes, so I can say good-bye and pack a bag. I knew I was testing their patience, but I refused to leave without explanation. The black wolf bared it's teeth and I responded with the same threat. Try me.

Five minutes. That is all. We will wait by the trees, if it takes any longer we will start with the runts. The white one snarled. I huffed at them, even though I knew I was walking on thin ice.

Fine.

-------

"You can't go with them!" Christian yelled as I hurriedly packed my duffel bag. A coupe shirts and pants. Under garments and basic necessities.

"My Ava," Father started, "please, I would rather die fighting them, than see them take you away and know you're going to die before me." His wounds weren't as bad as they had seemed in his wolf form, andneither were mine. My wounds were slightly deeper, but I was able to move justfine, aching with pain. 

"Father, I have to go, it isn't about me, it's about our pack, you understand that more than anyone." I looked up then. Mother was crying silently under Father's arm, Janice stood there, holding Christian's hands tightly, holding him back.

"Which one is your Mate?" she asked, causing pause. I realized then, that they hadn't fully understood what had happened less than fifteen minutes ago. I sighed as I zipped the bag and pulled on another pair of boots, the other one had been torn during my shifting.

"Ava?" Mother asked, pressing the question. I felt the burning of tears trying to make their escape as I looked up. I hadn't cried since I was a pup, not from pain, or sadness, nor happiness. When they saw my struggle to hold them back, they gasped. Breathing in, I met each of their eyes for a moment.

"Ava, which one is it?" Christian asked, petrified. I took another breath, then spoke.

"Both." I said.

"Dear God, no." Father breathed.

One minute! The black wolf's voice filled my head.

"I have to go." I said, hugging each one quickly, before turning and heading out my home. I saw them, still in their wolf forms, watching me, waiting. The sun was starting to rise, the land quiet as the guards waited for the Alpha's orders to bring back the people in the Den. Our warriors stood in a line behind me watching for another attack.

I made my over to them.

Halfway there I heard their cries. I turned around to find Jack and Jake running towards me. The little boys were crying out my name. I dropped my bag then and ran to them. We met halfway. I slid to the ground as the leapt up at me. I wrapped my arms tightly around them.

"Please don't go Aunty Ava, please! We love you!" it was then that I couldn't fight the tears any longer. They silently poured out as I squeezed them tightly to me. Christian, Janice, Father, and Mother stood by the front door, either crying or fighting back their tears.

"Hey, hey, I love you guys too, but Aunty Ava has to go. If I do, you will all be very safe, and you can live happy again." Jack calmed down slightly, still holding me in a death grip.

"Promise you'll visit." He asked.

"Of course, I will, what kind of Aunty would I be if I didn't?" I said, wiping their tears away.

"You gotta pwomise!" Jake cried out, his three-year-old vocabulary lisped. I chuckled.

"I promise." I said even though I doubted I could keep that promise. "Now get back to your mother, right away." They hugged me once more, then kissed my cheeks before turning and running back to their mother. I stood then and turned.

I grabbed my duffel bag and walked to them.

That was more than five minutes. The black one growled at me. I glared at him.

"I'm leaving my home, my family, and my pack. Screw off."

-----------

Another one down!

What do you think? 

J. Vas

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1K 16
DISCONTINUED Rose has been living in a human town and has been home schooled her whole life. Her parents decide that she should enroll in a public h...
1.2M 30.7K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
886K 11.2K 7
"You thought that you could get away from us." Damien asked while walking towards me. Every time he took a step towards me I took one back. "You bel...
386K 10.2K 23
"Your mine," I tell her, trying to control my breathing. "As your mine." She whispers back, her sweet breath fanning across my face. We smile goofily...