Meant To Be #wattys2019

By oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 15

3.4K 273 10
By oh_hi_byeee

Uncomfort.... Hurt.... Uneasiness.... he felt all of it at the same time.

Some may say these are the signs of a heart attack but well the guy was suffering from a heartbreak and isn't that related to breaking of a heart too?

The only difference is that during the physical heartattack, the veins suffer while in the heartbreak, the soul suffers.

Sadly, this young neurologist knew nothing as to cure this. He knew about brains but what about the heart?

Omar sighed as he blew the last puff from his fourth cigarette of the evening and then discarded it in the ashtray that lay in front of him.

He stared at the dancing aesthetics of the sky and wondered what went wrong or what was he lacking.

And as he was about to grab another cigarette he heard someone clearing their throat.

Sanaya.

''You know mom will kill you if she finds out.", Sanaya said in a plain voice as she settled on the swing beside her brother's chair.

"Mom's out for shopping.", Omar deadpanned.

Sanaya just stared at her brother, worried.
She knew her brother smoked though it was not a good habit and well, actually worse for a doctor himself. But she didn't mind as it was a rare thing. He rarely smoked.
But now he looked different. His handsome features were masked with a serious, dark one and the cigarette smell and smoke were making it look worse.

"She said no,right? She doesn't like me, right?", Omar suddenly said as he dragged Sanaya out of her thoughts and Sanaya shook her head.

"No... I don't know, Omar. I don't know.", Sanaya replied as frowned remembering last evening's events.

But then she asked who informed Omar about the almost rejection to his proposal.

"Ruhina texted me yesterday saying you guys are about to tell Anabiya about... uhm... me. But then when I asked her what happened and stuff she didn't reply and well seeing your mood too, I figured out.", Omar explained and Sanaya gave a small smile.

"She said she isn't ready for a relationship. Not with you, not with anyone else.", Sanaya truthfully said and Omar looked at her, a glint of hope in his eyes.

"That means she doesn't love anybody else? Like she doesn't have any other guy in her life?", Omar questioned and Sanaya looked away.

"I don't know..... she said so. She said she has moved on.... from...." Sanaya paused.

"Zayd.", Omar completed the sentence with just one word and one name, anger seeping through his voice as he said the name.

All the colour drained from Sanaya's face and she just stared at her brother, dumbfounded. This thing was supposed to be a secret. Then how did Omar know?

"H-how.... how do you know about Zayd?", Sanaya finally found her voice and words.

"Zayd and us, we all were in the same school. We still had some Mutual friends from school. The others only know that Zayd liked Anabiya and Anabiya liked him back. And then nobody knows what happened and then Zayd again went back to New York. But I know, I know what you know, Sanaya.... I know.", Omar said as he let out a humour-less chuckle.

"How?", Sanaya again questioned, this time her voice raising a bit.

Omar glanced at his sister and sighed.

"Zayd. He told me."

"You don't know Anabiya's side of the story.", Sanaya pointed out and Omar nodded.

"To be honest, the thing was four years ago. She shouldn't ponder over it.", Sanaya again spoke and Omar shrugged.

The siblings then again averted their gaze and stared at the sky.

Little did they know, the things which seems the smallest, hurts the most.

................................

Anabiya stared at her laptop screen, the declaration in front of her.

That was quick.

After the argument which happened today at the office, she didn't expect Arhaan to even talk to her, let alone send the declaration within two hours.

The declaration had all the details accompanied by the signatures of all the Directors along with Arhaan's.

So well, she jumped excitedly as she held her laptop tightly and ran towards her parents room.

And after showing the declaration and explaining about the business trip, Anabiya stared at her parents, giving that ' please let me go' smile on her face.

"You have to go?", Fatima asked again for like the hundredth time and Anabiya again nodded.

Fatima and Aseef looked at each other and Anabiya's eyes first went to her mother and then to her father and then again to her mother.

Aseef sighed and Anabiya straightened on her seat.

"Since its important and your company is giving declaration that you'll be safe and you're their responsibility, you can go.", Aseef declared and Anabiya jumped and squealed.

This was the first time her parents were letting her go for more than a day. Though it wasn't a picnic or anything, it was her business trip but at least she's going out of India and that too Dubai.

"But Anabee, certain things you need to remember.....", Fatima started and well that list of certain things were actually some warnings and 'desi' parents' lectures that went for about an hour.

But well the lecture didn't bother Anabiya... the excitement and happiness took over the boredom.
...........................

Arhaan heard a knock and he looked at the large glass door of his cabin and saw Anabiya.

He nodded at her and she came in with a smile.

"Okay, Mr. Smith, we will discuss the further proceedings on Thursday.", Arhaan said on the phone and ended the call.

"Good Morning, Sir.", Anabiya greeted with a smile and Arhaan smiled as he greeted back.

"So, resigning with a smile?", Arhaan joked but Anabiya bit the insides of her cheek and Arhaan quickly apologised.

"Oh no! No sir! Actually I wanted to thank you and uhm.. uh... apologise. I am sorry for yesterday. And Thanks for sending the declaration yesterday itself only. I'm coming. I'll be joining the team.", Anabiya said with so much glee and Arhaan grinned.

"No need to thank me. The team needs you as you know. It's for the company.", he clarified and Anabiya nodded.

Arhaan was debating with himself inside his head, whether he should apologise too or not but then again, something stopped him.

"There's this meeting in an hour. See you in the conference room.", Arhaan said and Anabiya quickly nodded as she took that as her cue to leave.

And as said, the meeting started exactly after an hour and before it could reach halfway, here the two youngest people of the company were stuck in an argument.

Again.

Arhaan and Anabiya.

Who can say these two were smiling and talking just one hour before? But now, here they were almost fighting over some points of the project.

"Excuse me, Sir? But this is not fair. Even you know I have worked more on this project so yes, I have a better knowledge of the project and the laws too.", Anabiya said and Arhaan stared at her, as if she has grown three heads.

"Really, Miss Malik? You really think this point is going to work on the project? This is totally irrelevant. And so is your attitude right now.", Arhaan replied as he said the last part with a smirk and Anabiya stood up.

Tanya looked at her and held her hand but Anabiya paid no attention.

"You don't need to tell me anything about my attitude when you yourself is high on ego. You clearly have no knowledge here or maybe you're lacking it but no, your big ego ain't accepting it!", she replied back with a cold voice but her eyes looked fierce and Arhaan instantly stood up as he banged his hand on the luxurious table.

"Mind. Your. Tongue.", Arhaan warned as he inched closer to Anabiya and she took a step back.

"I just said that we need you to come with us to the Dubai trip as we need to crack this deal and we need you as you have worked on that company's project before. I guess that has gone to your head. You're thinking as if you own this project. This deal. But well, hello! Calm down, Miss. Calm down!", Arhaan said and Anabiya fumed with anger.

"Listen! This is my job. My work. And no, nothing has gone to my head. But the way you're behaving clearly shows that your position has gone to your head. And well, you may tell me I'm wrong here regarding this project, but I know I am not. You even said this the last time. But you know I wasn't. So kindly consider the point I'm talking about and please rule out the strategy that you think is correct.", Anabiya replied, a frown on her face.

Arhaan just stared at her, his gaze burning with frustration and anger.

The other people in the room froze but their foreheads were sweating, the air conditioner couldn't control the heat.

"Can't believe my father hired YOU!", Arhaan spat the bitter words as left the room, dismissing the meeting while Anabiya just stood rooted in her spot.

Her eyes getting moist but she gulped the lump in her throat continuously as she kept reminding herself not to cry.

"Anabiya are you fine? Aw my baby!", Mrs. Coutinho came towards Anabiya as she hugged her and Tanya too held her hand and squeezed it.

What did I do to deserve such a treatment?
Never knew this will be so tough. So bad.
.............................

Anabiya paced in her cabin, anger seeping through her veins.

What does he think of himself? Jerk!
I should quit this job but I can't. I need it.
I can't disappoint my parents. The happiness they have in their eyes, seeing me getting independent and that too working in a Muslim company that is also one of the leading companies of the country.
What should I do? What should I?
Ya Allah, Help me!

A tear slipped down on Anabiya's cheek and she quickly wiped it.

Anabiya's trail of thoughts were interrupted by her phone's ringtone.

You're so perf.... everything you do is so perf... wake up in the morning.... So perf...

Anabiya groaned and picked up the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?", she said, a bit too loudly.

"Assalamualaikum Beta, where are you?", she heard her mother, Fatima voice and Anabiya face palmed and clicked her tongue.

"Walekumassalam Mumma. Sorry. Well I'm in the office.", Anabiya replied and sighed as she settled on her chair.

"Still?", came Fatima's shocked voice and Anabiya instantly looked at her wrist watch which showed the time.

7:50

"Actually mumma... that Dubai project.....", Anabiya started but paused thinking whether she should tell her mother about today's events.

"Oh! So you all are discussing about that project? But you should've at least informed me about that na. See, it's ready almost 8 and you're not home. You are not even taking your car along with you. And today even your father and Suhail have gone to his friend's house as there was an emergency. How are you going to return, ha?", Fatima said, concern laced in her voice and Anabiya gulped.

"Mumma, I'll take a cab. Don't worry....", Anabiya assured her mother and then she heard a knock on her door and saw Tanya.

"Okay mumma, gotta go. Allah Hafiz!", she quickly said and ended the call after her mother's reply.

"Are you fine?", Tanya asked and Anabiya nodded.

"The meeting is about to begin in 10 minutes.", Tanya informed and Anabiya's eyes widened.

"What? Whaattt?", she almost shouted as she got up.

"Yes. As we have to leave tomorrow for Dubai, it's important and urgent to conduct the.... uhm.... remaining points of the meeting now itself. Also the other staff has left. It's only our team that is working on this project is here.", Tanya explained and Anabiya rolled her eyes.

"What does he want? Again resume the meeting and start an argument all over again on a whole new topic?", Anabiya said with frustration laced in her voice as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"Anabiya.... Mr. Saeed. Mr. Saeed is here. He's going to conduct this meeting with us. Along with Arhaan Sir.", Tanya finally said and Anabiya's mouth fell open.

"Wh-what? Why?", Anabiya stuttered.
"Because this meeting needed to be conducted and also Rhea was saying that Mr. Saeed scolded Arhaan Sir a lot.'', Tanya revealed and Anabiya gasped.

"Is... is he... even going to... scold m-me too?", Anabiya questioned as she almost shivered and Tanya shrugged.

"I don't know, but right now, you need to hurry as he is waiting for us in the conference room."

......................

The man walked with his arms behind his back and greeted back and nodded at everyone who greeted him.

The man was actually a man of honour and respect.

Abdul Saeed briskly walked towards his youngest son's cabin and opened the door to find his son on the chair, his head between his hands.

"What did you do now?", Abdul Saeed asked, his voice heavy.

Arhaan's head quickly shot up as he realised his father was here.

"What did you do now?!", Abdul Saeed again repeated and this time Arhaan stood up.

"NOW? Dad what did I do, Now? You're asking as if I've committed some serious crimes before. I mean I know what happened today shouldn't have happened but you-", Arhaan's explanation was interrupted by his father.

"You were always so responsible, Arhaan. But leaving a meeting like this? And this is not the first time you have argued with Anabiya Malik. But she was right the last time. Even you know that. So what happened today?", Abdul Saeed asked as looked at his son who let out a sigh.

"Dad I know last time she was right but you know that thing has gone to her head I guess. She just wants to show that she's right every dang time!", Arhaan said loudly and his father glared at him for swearing and Arhaan quickly apologised.

"Arhaan, listen. I saw the file and the details regarding the project. The point and strategy you were suggesting had some loopholes....", Abdul said and Arhaan looked at his father and then averted his gaze, feeling ashamed.

"But... the point she was suggesting also had some loopholes and exceptions. So technically, you both were wrong. But you kids, temper resides at it's par, right?", Abdul Saeed said the last part with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I disappointed you.", Arhaan apologised as he looked down.

Abdul walked to his son and hugged him.

"Well I'm not upset with how you didn't see the mistake in the project. I'm upset with how you behaved today at the meeting. Arhaan, you can be right, but not always. So try to think with a cool mind too. Okay?", Abdul ended his short speech and Arhaan smiled.

"I'll even explain this thing to Anabiya Malik too. For now, I'm conducting this meeting. Call everyone in the conference room.", Abdul said as he left and Arhaan nodded.

Arhaan took a deep breathe as he walked towards his large window and stared at the bright city, looking beautiful in its hustle.

What happened today, shouldn't have happened. Since when did I become so arrogant? She was right... my ego ain't letting me think straight.

And then it hit him.... He hasn't been praying due to work and that's when the young man realised that the moment he starts missing his prayers, is the moment he starts losing himself.

............................

Sooooo the longest chapter till date! Yayyyyy!

So how was it? Things again got worse between Anabiya and Arhaan.

Can these two be at peace?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
3.8K 269 51
★★★ "When you are going to tell me about that Iram" Kabir asked. "Never" Iram replied looking icely into his eyes. _________________________ Kabir...
28.6K 1.6K 22
This is a spin off from My Hijab,Jake and I. Natasha Jackson was a wild party girl in her younger days..people drew their own conclusions about her b...
216K 13.5K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...