Endless Love

By Somesunshine1

This is the third and final book of my Gelphie series Endless Love. Elphaba has regained her memories, and no... More

A New Beginning
Glinda's Garden
What Happened at the Gazebo
Fallout
Alone
An Unexpected Trip
The Emerald Palace
A Visit From Jake
A Run in with an Ex
Caught in the Act
An Explanation for Lerena
Admitting Mistakes and Asking Forgiveness
A Surprise for Elphaba
Reunited
Highmuster
Good News!
Waking Glinda
A Night on the Town
Glinda's Request
Shopping and Lunch
Panicked!
An Anonymous Letter
Misunderstanding and Confusion
Are We Still Together?
The Last Straw
Regretting What Was Said
Never Gonna Let You Go
Forkroot
Seeking Permission
Persistent
Masquerade Preparations
Masquerade
Secret Meetings
Surprise Proposal
Witness to Love
Blast From the Past
Discussing the Party
Telling the Parents
Embarrassed
Choosing a Season
Let the Planning Begin
Like a Daughter
Finding the Perfect Gown
Dressage and Dresses
Uncomfortable Experiences
Dodging Glinda
Bridal Shower.... No!
A Restless Night
Changed Plan
Unexpected Guests and a Gift
A Father's Memories

Tea Time

347 12 11
By Somesunshine1

(Bessie's POV)

It's been a few days since Elphaba has had her accident and has finally been allowed to get out of bed, and she has been doing good so far. She and Glinda are sitting in the library, and I just finished cleaning their rooms when I head down to the kitchen to get them some lunch. "Hello Bessie." Cook says. "Hello. I was wondering if you had Miss Elphaba and Lady Glinda's lunch ready?"

"I will have it just as soon as their tea is ready." She says, and another maid comes in. "I got the tea for you." She says handing Cook a brown sack. "Thank you." Cook says taking it and adding a scoop or two the water. "As soon as it steeps it will be ready. It will take a couple minutes."

"That's fine." I say and help get some dishes for the food. "What kind of tea is it?" I ask as I begin to plate the food. "It's an exotic kind that I got the other day." Cook says, and pours some into the teapot that she had set out before placing it on the tray. I smile. "It smells good. Almost minty, and yet not at the same time. Does it taste like mint as well?"

"I don't know." She says. "I haven't tried it. I'm not really a big tea drinker, but I know Lady Glinda and Miss Elphaba like it, and so I thought I would get them something different."

"Hopefully they enjoy it." I say with a smile as Cook hands me the tray. "I hope so too. It would be a shame if they didn't." She smiles. "Let me know what they think of it!" She calls as I leave the kitchen. "I will!" I call over my shoulder.

I enter the library and smile as I see Elphaba leaning against a chair reading while Glinda is sitting in the chair playing with her hair. "Excuse me, Miss Elphaba. Lady Glinda. I brought you lunch."

"Thank you Bessie." Elphaba says setting her book aside, and Glinda helps her up. I set the tray on the table, and begin to serve them lunch.

After I get their lunch served I step back and clear my throat a little. "Excuse me?" They look up at me. "Yes, Bessie?" Elphaba says, and I take a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you both if you would please forgive me for what happened a few weeks ago. I never should have said what I did about Lady Glinda. It was not my place to speak up as I did." I look at Glinda. "Lady Glinda would you please forgive my outburst and behavior?"

She is quiet for several minutes and I'm afraid of what she may say, but eventually she nods slowly. "I... I forgive you Bessie. I also need to ask your apology."

"For what?" I ask surprised. "For dismissing you, and also for being mad at you. I have had time to think about what happens, and I know that you weren't saying what you did to be mean, but to protect Elphaba."

"Glinda, I-" She raises a hand cutting me off. "Bessie, you were right I should have told her what happened between Chuffrey and I. Even more so after Popsicle and Momsie allowed Elphie and I to be a couple. It isn't a secret that we shouldn't have even if we weren't together at the time." She looks from me to Elphaba. "The point is, we both still loved each other, and I did, in a sense, cheat on her because I knew that, and worse yet I was only with Chuffrey because I was desperate. I am sorry I let that come between our friendship. And Elphie, I am sorry I told you I wanted you dead. I never meant it, and I know I hurt you deeply, and so I would like to ask for you both to forgive me, please?"

I nod. "Of course!" Elphaba smiles at her and goes over to hug her after kissing her gently. "Glinda, my sweet, I already told you all is forgiven." They smile at each other and kiss.

They must have forgotten I was there because their kiss deepens a bit. I clear my throat to remind them they aren't alone and then chuckle when both break the kiss blushing terribly. "Sorry to interrupt you two, but if you don't eat Cook is gonna get after us all!"

"Right!" Elphaba says taking one of the sandwiches and handing it to Glinda. "Would either of you like some tea? It's a new exotic tea that that Kay got the other day.,"

"Yes please!" Glinda say. "Would you mind putting some sugar and some cream in it?"

"Certainly." I respond, and then look over at Elphaba. "Would you like any tea?" She nods. "Yes please, and do you mind adding a little sugar and hold the cream."

"I can do that." I serve them their tea. "Is there anything else you would like?"

"I don't think there is." Elphaba says and Glinda agrees with her, and I smile at them. "If there is nothing more you require then I shall leave you two to your lunch." I give a quick curtsy and goes leave the room.

(Elphaba's POV)

It was nice to finally be able to be out of bed and spend some time in the library with Glinda. We have spent all morning in the library. I know Glinda doesn't really enjoy being here, because she detests reading, but I plan to make it up to her after we have tea.

Bessie brought us lunch and pour us some tea. It smells delicious. Almost like mint, but it isn't mint and tastes, well it's hard to tell what it tastes like, but I like it!

"Elphie, I have been meaning to talk to you about something." Glinda says after she takes a sip of tea. "What is it, my sweet?" I look at her, and smile and she suddenly looks a bit nervous. "Elphie, I was wondering if... if you had thought about the Harvest Masquerade that my parents are hosting?"

I knew where this was going and I sighed. "Glinda, I have thought about it and I am not going." I know she really wants me to, but can't. She begins to pout. "Please don't pout, my sweet." I say movie g closer to her and kissing her gently. "It isn't that I don't want to be there, I just don't think it's a good idea." Okay so maybe I lied a little. I hate parties and being around crowds. I always have, but it isn't just that.

"Then what is it?" She whine looking me with her gorgeous blue eyes and her pouting lower lip. Oz I want her so bad right now. She is so damn cute when she pouts. "Elphieeeee!" She whine. "Tell me why you won't be at the Masquerade!"

"It's too risky. All it would take is me slipping up or someone else slipping up, and then we won't be together anymore." I can't resist anymore and lean across the small table between us and kiss her. "I can't risk losing what we have. You understand don't you?"

"Yeah." She nods still pouting. "I understand, but I'm not happy about it!"

"I know you aren't, my sweet, but it's for the better. Besides, I'll make it up to you."

"How? How will make up not being a the Masquerade?"Glinda stops pouting and tilts her head looking at me, and I smile. "I am not entirely sure yet, but I will think of something." She moves onto my lap and kisses me. "I am going to hold you that promise, Miss Thropp!" Returning her kiss I smile. "Of course you will. This a promise that I don't intend to break!" She grins and hops off my lap.

As we chat some more I have another mug of tea, and Glinda while she doesn't mind says she has had enough for one day. I find myself yawning and feeling tired by the time I finish my second mug of tea. "Glinda?"

"Yes?"

"Do you mind if we go back to my room? I am feeling very tired all the suddenly." I say struggling a bit to keep my eyes open. "Oh! Of course not!" She says getting up and rings the bell to let the servants know we are finished. Bessie and another servant enter. "You rang?" Bessie asks.

"Yes Bessie. I wanted to let you know that Elphaba and I are returning to her room. She is feeling tired, and so I would like it you would inform the others that we are not to be disturbed." Bessie looks at me worriedly. "Are you alright Miss Elphaba?" I nod. "Yes. Just a little tired. I think I may have reached my limit for the day. After all, this is my first day getting out of bed since my injury. Now if you would please excuse Glinda and I we are going to my room."

"Will you need anything?" Bessie asks, and I shake my head. "No, thank you Bessie. I will be. I just need some rest." With that Glinda and I head to my room.

(Glinda's POV)

We get to Elphie's room and I notice she look a bit pale. "Elphie, dear, are you sure you are okay? You look a bit pale." She nods and gives me tired smile. "Yes, Glinda, I am fine. Really. I'm just tired."

"Okay, Elphie. I was just making sure." She begins trying to undo the buttons that are down her back. "Here let me help you." I say and she turn so I can help her. "Glinda?"

"Yes?"

"Will you lay with me?" I smile at her request. "Sure, and there! The buttons are all undone."

"Thank you." It takes no time at all for Elphie to get the dress off and she tosses it uncaringly into the corner. I just roll my eyes and shake my head. Somethings will never change. I follow her over to the bed and she climbs in. "Glinda. Bed now!" She orders. "Yes, dear. Let me just get my dress off first." I say as I begin to struggle out of my gown. "Hurry up!" She whines a little. "I'm tired, but I don't' want to fall asleep without you here too."

"Alright! Alright! Wait just a clock tick!" I growl struggling against the many layers. "I've just about got my... my dress finally off!" I sigh in relief as I finally get my gown off! I lay it neatly over the back of a chair, and then climb into Elphie's bed with her. She cuddles close taking me in a hug. "I love you Glinda." She whispers. "I love you to Elphie." I snuggle against her and soon she is fast asleep I debate on getting up, but change my mind when I realize that I too am tired, but not only that my big, mean, green thing has me in a tight hung with no intention of letting me go anytime soon. I smile, and within a few minutes I too am asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 89.2K 68
[Final book of the Baked Series] "And Love is just that. The past, the present, and the future-all at the same time." The question of Infinity-what...
18.8K 568 16
Galinda and Elphaba. Unadulterated hatred. All it took was a storm.
5.3K 262 13
After leaving Wonderland for the second time, Alice's life took a turn for the worst. Having nowhere left to go, she returns to the one place she kno...
4.5K 149 7
Anthology of one-shots inspired by Soulmate prompts. Each chapter is based off a different prompt, but the endgame is always Gelphie.