STONE

By InnocentClaws

What is the one thing you fear most? Perhaps the unknown? What it was yourself? A young man named Trippstone... More

Genesis
Getting Familiar
Define 'Strange'...
Remembrance
Galax Moon Port
Little Stranger
Can we keep him?
Train Up A Boy
Time On Hawuka
Treasure Trove
Temple's Edge
Helios
Training Day
Getting Steadier
Reaction
Control
Eeva
Recovery
So Many Questions
The Beast Within
Peace and Fire
Lunary Cortex
The Upper Hand
Taking Leave
Dubious Much?
Home

Dallic Moon Port

19 7 0
By InnocentClaws

Trippy winced slightly as the sunlight burned into his eyes. As they adjusted, he saw a large concrete structure surrounding him with an audience by the thousands, yelling and cheering on as he and the slaves before him step forward off the transporter ship.

He was amazed at his surroundings. This was the first time he had ever seen the light of day or inhaled fresh air or hear something else beside the clanking of metal machines, chains and scurrying of rats in the cells. The air was cool around him, very different from the thick humid air in the mines.
He looked around in amazement as one of the guards yanked on his chain to move faster.
He knew nothing of what laid ahead, as his friend Lard, had passed away and wasn't here to guide him. 'Lard, if only you could see this.. If only you could have held on, if only I could have done something..' Trippy thought quietly, frowning.
What if he didn't get sold? What if he did? Would he like his master? What if he didn't? Could he run away and be free?
This was all he knew of himself and his life. There was something more to it, wasn't it?
As he stood there, his head hung low and he noticed that the other slaves were doing the same. It was like they too were either scared or just didn't care. One by one, slaves were dragged to a podium to be presented and sold to the highest bidder. The arena floor had alot of bidders surrounding the podium, ready to throw their name cards up.

"Here we have 00947425M, a fine looking Muskegon! Male, very fit and muscular! Perfect for hard work! Age 83, still young!" The seller shouted to the crowd, presenting a tall, muscular creature. It's face was as round and shiny as a ball, with a small trunk for a nose. It's body was intimidating, but it's face was innocent, scared and unsure how to react to the shouts of people from their bids.
"400 peskos! Starting at 400 pes- We got 500, 500, can I have 6? 600, we're going for 600!"

Trippy frowned a bit more, watching the events, yet was hoping someone would buy the creature. Trippy didn't know him too well, but knew enough that he was gentle and hoped he went to a good home.

"SOLD! Sold for 800 peskos to the fine gentleman in the yellow jacket, come claim your prize!" The seller excitedly declared and motioned the guards to take the creature away.
The man in yellow smiled and seemed very pleased with his purchase and escorted the Muskegon away.

"Ok, here we have 245688T, a female Tanilo!" Great shape, beautiful colors, age 36! Still many many long years to go." The guards drag a young girl onto the stage.
Her hair was more of large soft horns that trailed down to her shoulders. Her skin, which was hard to tell from the dirt of the mine, was a soft lavender with orange highlights.
Her dark green eyes were large, mostly with fright as she tried to mumble some sort of chat in her language, of which no one seem to pay attention.

"She'll make a fine kitchen maid or wet nurse, whatever you need. Or whatever you need for a few extra bucks if you catch my drift." He was join with laughter from the crowd.
"We'll make her easy, 200 peskos! 200 peskos anyone? C'mon, ain't she a beaut!"

Trippy looked around, seeing that the crowd was just enthralled by such a show. It seemed such a dirty work, yet they all seem to think it as fun. Or they were just happy people were getting better lives.. He was confused, but what was new with that?
The Tanilo girl sold for only 300, but she went to a woman who seemed well dressed and respectable.

This continued for about a good hour, alot of slaves were sold, but some weren't. Tripp noticed that those that weren't sold got a small branding by their numbers on their wrist and were lead back onto the ship. Those that seemed to be branded too many times were taken to another area of the collision. It went into another room, he couldn't tell where they were going. Only that they never came out.

Finally, it was Trippy's turn. The guards lead him onto the podium.
"Smile, you're on camera!" One of the guards joked.
Trippy didn't understand what that meant but talking was prohibited anyway. He just looked around the collision and down at the crowd that eagerly awaited to hear about him. He tried to smile, but something was wrong about doing so, so he didn't. He was too nervous about not getting sold.

"Alright folks! We've got a special one here! Here we have 5765479A, from the Alyiss system! Oooo, That's a rare find, huh?"
The crowd joined him in enthusiasm.
"He may look small, but he's a strong guy, tough as nails! A good, hard worker or even a good fighter, strong teeth-"
The seller moved his hand to force grab Trippy's upper lip to show off two canines, a bit longer than the rest of his teeth.
The young man didn't appreciate that very much and snapped his teeth at the seller's hand, yanking off the seller's glove. Unfortunately, that too is prohibited, as an electric pole got jabbed in the young man's side as punishment.

Ignoring the slave's yelp, the seller continued as he grabbed his glove, "See? He may be a handful, but I bet he'll be great for what's in store! No age known, but is guaranteed to be in great shape for years to come! Starting at 500 peskos! C'mon people, 500 peskos, 500!"

Bidders hesitated to bid but one finally raised his sign for 600. Another raised his for 650.
After a bit more hesitation, another sign was raised.
"1,000 peskos, end the bid!"

The crowd gasped slightly at such a quick bid. Even Trippy didn't think he was worth that much.

"SOLD! Come claim your prize, young man!" The seller shouted.

The guards lead Trippy off the stage and bring him to his buyer.
He felt excited, yet scared. Who could buy him? Was he nice? Will the master give him a good job or will he be a kitchen maid? He hoped not, but anything is better than digging for rocks. The young man's ears shift back against his head in fear as he approached his new master.

The new master didn't look much older than him, maybe just by a few years. He looked intelligent and nice enough.
A small smile curled on the lips of the man. "I'm glad I caught you when I did. Do you have a name?"

Trippy stayed quiet, not sure if he was allowed to speak, the area where the pole struck still hurt and he didn't want a reminder.

"I had hoped I picked out a smart one. Can you speak?" The new master asked gently.

Trippy nodded shyly, "Y-Yes sir.. Stone.. but I've been called Trippy."

The master raised an eyebrow but then nods, "Stone, hm? And you have an A in your code number, so.. Let's make it... Trippstone Aron, how 'bout that? A mixture of everything. That makes you sound a bit smarter than a dog."

Trippy nods a bit eagerly, liking the sound of that. Now he had a piece of everything in his name. "Aron.." He mumbled quietly to himself. That name stuck out, he wondered why.

The master dipped his head and smiled again, "I'm glad you're pleased with it. You'll make a fine specimen, I think you will serve me well..."

And so was the beginning of Trippstone Aron.
~~~~~~~

Tripp stopped in his tracks as the memory ended, shaking the sharp pains in his head, as Helios bumped into the back of him.

"Yo bro, watch where you're going-" Helios huffed as he moved out of the way, fixing his trenchcoat. "You're small, I don't want to step on you. Do your daydreaming on your own time."

"Sorry.." Tripp muttered then sighs quietly. The memory was so clear, so real, it just randomly came to him. While in the forest, he was just minding his own self like any other animal, but ever since he came across the K-Force, people, civilization.. Things were coming to him. What really got him was the "Master" that bought him. He couldn't see the man's face. He couldn't remember, and it was getting under his skin. Even with the ice cream, he was still uneasy with the stranger he bumped into. It still sent chills up his spine.
But thanks to Jabe, Alyiss sounded familiar. More than familiar, it seems he had connections there. Was that home? Or perhaps someone there knew where home was.
He tried to set his mind at ease, as he follows after Kyle down the street.
There was plenty of time in the day, so the guys went one way and the girls went another.
Kyle suggested something manly, like the Dallic Races, so that's where they went.

The stadium was huge and was so overly crowded. The speeders down below were brightly colored and shined up, some were enclosed, but most had no roof like a convertible.
It smelled of food and sweat and Helios bragged that that's what races are all about. Kyle disagreed.
As they entered, Kyle got a bench seat and the boys sat down beside him. All three tried to tune out the cheering crowd. Between the cheering crowd and the engines of the speed racers, Tripp's ears seem to rattle.

Helios lifted his shades to rest on his head to look better. As the shades were getting buried in his tall hair, he took a gander around the area then points down to the race pods. "I bet 20 is gonna go all the way."

Kyle shook his head, eating on some glazed popcorn he bought a few moments before, "You obviously don't know anything about engines. 20 is more heavy duty, good for the turns, but 41 has a cleaner fuel line on the side, see? That's gonna be the one."

Tripp had no idea what they were talking about, nor could he figured out whether he cared or not. He had too many other things on his mind, including eating his snack, which was a pouch full of sugary glazed nuts. His stomach never seem to get full.
But his interest caught up when the speeders took off down the track and out of sight. Large monitors around the stadium showed what was going on with the racers, and the audience seemed to be in an endless cheer.
After a while of staring at the monitors, Kyle leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms across his chest.
"I remember my first race.. So much wind in your hair, you'd think I'd go bald. It's alot boring being in the seat instead of out there."

"You've actually raced one of those? They're so loud!" Tripp asked a bit loudly, covering his ears.

"Oh yeah, I raced them alot. Not here, because they have too any rules. You race them anywhere else in the O.R, and you can almost do what you want, as long as you don't do it on 'purpose'." Kyle explained, the noise not affecting him as much, "I "borrowed" one and raced it to get some money for supplies. I only won half the time because I was the last one standing."

"Ever killed anyone?" Helios inquired. "Like, just on the track. Did you wreck anyone and they didn't make it?"

Kyle shook his head, "Not to my knowledge. I've had a few try to wreck me and failed and then they wrecked. If you're gonna cheat, you've gotta know how to cheat. But if you're gonna be an honest sailor, you gotta out cheat the cheaters by not cheating."

Tripp grinned, glancing back at Helios, who was also intrigued. "What was the craziest mission you've ever done?"

Kyle laughed, fiddling with his thumbs, "That's a tough question, but honestly.. I guess the hardest one was meeting Paris. Then persuading her to marry me. Well, persuading her that I'm not as bad as I look."

"That's dumb." protested Helios. "I'm talking about ships, battles and blood and gore and scenes worthy of slow motion. Something good and crazy!"

Kyle smirked and looked at him, "Then you've never fallen in love before, Blondie. That's the craziest mission for anyone." He turned back to the track as the speeders race by, the crowd going wild although the race still had five more rounds to it.

The young men exchange glances, Tripp curious about what Kyle meant.
'Love? That doesn't sound too tough, I can easily love something.' Tripp thought. Sure, it was easy, if it was pertaining to food. But even Tripp knew there was more to it than just a silly emptiness in his stomach.
He thought back upon seeing Paris and Kyle on the bench when they got ice cream earlier and realized that the captain must have gone through something crazy to get Paris. Maybe Paris was the prize. Kyle was pretty rough and tough when he needed to be. Definitely could be intimidating. But when it came to Paris, he seemed to melt like pudding with affection, although he seemed to tease to not show it.
'That love must be amazing then..'

Helios thought differently.
"I've got better things to think about and do than love. So overrated." He scoffed softly, stuffing a handful of popcorn in his mouth and started to watch the game again, engines and the crowds roaring in the back drop.
~~~~~~~~

The girls on the other hand, Paris, Seslie and even Kida, decided to window shop in the boardwalk of the port.
Seslie admired at the different architect surrounding them. The chrome curves and spikes whirled around them and somehow they made shops and apartments. The streets were made in a white marbling that seemed to never have trash or even dirt on it.
As for the shopping, they were on the high end of town, they definitely couldn't afford to spend much on anything. And with the designs on desplay, it wasn't their type, so the shops weren't worth going in to. But it was nice to look at, or make fun of, fashion wise.

"I could never live in something so clean." Paris mentioned, also noticing the extreme cleanliness. "Even the Leviathan has a few house plants and boot prints. It's homey that way."

Seslie glanced up at her and nods her head in agreement, "It is a bit much. My home is beautiful, but it was naturally beautiful. Not like this."

"Mine was the same. The oxygen was natural, and not just artificial, like it is here. I haven't been back there in years." Paris recalled, clasping her hands behind her back. "It's been ten years, at least."

"What made you leave?" Seslie asked curiously.

"What made you?" Paris countered with a slight smirk.

Seslie was taken aback a bit at the question, but nervously puts on a smile, her cheeks flushing, "I- well.. It's complicated.." She says finally, the smile leaving her face as she glanced away, shoving her hands in her pockets. "Not a bad complicated, just-.. well, just complicated."

Paris smiled gently and gives a small shrug, "You do realize I'm not gonna skin you alive or boil you in hot oil if I find out. Or if you don't tell me. I don't bite. Kyle might, but not hard."

Seslie sighs, "I just wanted to get away, I guess. I was just.. stuck." She said heavily, "I was stuck in some small place, small planet and I wanted more. I wanted to see the galaxy, the planets, people, culture. Try different things, be something different.." She finally glanced at Paris again, "Have you ever felt that way?"

"Sure." Paris admitted generously. "I was young once.. Still young, mind you. I had an important role on my planet. I don't think I was meant to be grounded. But I didn't realize that until ten years ago when I met the K-Force."

Seslie thought quietly about what was said. Sure, plenty of other people go through what she goes through, but it's different when the same example is told to you. One doesn't feel so alone.

"So then, may I ask again, why us?" Paris asked, interrupting Seslie's thoughts. "Is it still not Tripp?"

Seslie's face only got more red at the thought but she quickly picks herself up so to speak, "Exactly! I mean no! I mean.. he's nice."

"Nice..?"

"And kind." Seslie added.

"Kind..?" Paris asked again.

"And he's lighthearted. And he's funny. Nice smile.. Nice eyes.. maybe." Seslie added cooly.

"Hmmm.." Paris hummed loudly. "That's a good start on the list. What else?"

"What else? Umm....What uh.. what else is there? He's smart, brave, strong, I don't know.." Seslie stuttered a bit. "There is nothing, no no, nothing there, there can't be.." She bites her lip shyly, now really wanting to hide her face somewhere.

"Well, fine, I'll just have to ask Tripp then-"

"Don't you dare!" Seslie gasped as her hands slap over her mouth in astonishment that she spoke in such a way. "Sorry.. I'm not here because of him, I swear. We're just friends."

Safe to say that Paris got a very good laugh out of that. "I'm teasing, Seslie.. Your secret, whether there is one or not, is safe with me. Now, Kida isn't great with secrets, so you'll have to battle with her."

Both of them laughed a bit as Kida wagged her tail for just hearing her name.

"With or without Tripp involved, I'm glad you joined us." Paris confessed. "It's nice having another female around. Not that Hegala and Kida aren't great, but Kida can't speak, and Helgala just can't get out as much. And I obviously love being around my husband, but it's different with girls. So, I'm glad you came.. and Tripp is ecstatic too, obviously. Helios seems to be a bit of a wild card, but I think its good for Tripp, plus he knows how to push my husband's buttons. It's a good thing."

"Thank you for having me.." Seslie shyly smiled again, feeling more at ease. This was so different than at her home, and although she missed it dearly, she didn't want to go back. Maybe she wasn't meant to be grounded either.
~~~~~

After a few hours, everyone gathered back at the Caper Inn, tired and ready for bed. Kyle rents out three rooms: One for Fedrick, Nothang and Snax. The second room for Kyle, Paris and Kida, and the last room for Tripp, Seslie and Helios.
Fedrick caught Kyle up with what happened, which wasn't much and then retired for the night, along with the other two.
Seslie couldn't help but to notice and laugh when Helios walked up with a racing cap on and Tripp's arms were covered in bumper stickers.

"I thought you didn't like hats, Helios?" She giggled softly.

"It flattens my beautiful blondness, but I don't dislike hats." He responded with a shrug. "Careful with Tripp, he's on a sugar high.."

"Seslie!" Tripp exclaimed excitedly as he practically leaps to them, wearing a dumb grin on his face as he holds out a stick with a wave of fluffed candy.
"Seslie, Helios bought me candy made of clouds! It was absolutely delicious and it melts in your mouth, can you believe that? Here, try some-"

Helios rolled his eyes, "Tripp, for the third time, it's just called Cloud Candy, it's not actually made of clouds. It's a name brand."

"Then why is it called cloud candy? Candy is made from sugar, but naming it cloud candy is confusing.." Tripp tried to explain but the large amount of sugar was confusing him. Everything seemed to be spinning, and Helios looked like he had three heads.

"No, it just looks like a cloud, but it's not a cloud, it's sugar. Same thing with regular cotton candy. It's not cotton, it's candy, that's why we eat sugar, and not ... If you dare try to bite your shirt, I will smack you on purpose."

Seslie just laughed softly and separated the two, "Okay okay, calm down. Tripp, don't try to eat your shirt. Helios, that was sweet of you to get him candy."

Helios snorts and straightens his trench coat, "That was the captain's doing, I know better. Explain it to him, he'll listen to you. And it better wear off quickly, or he'll be chewing on my shirt in the night." He scoffed as he walked away towards his designated bedroom.

Seslie chuckles and waits for Helios to be out of sight before looking at Tripp, "You're right, it is made of clouds. It's a trade secret on how they catch the cloud. We just won't tell him."

"I knew it!" Tripp said with hushed excitement, nibbling on the last of the fluffy deliciousness.

Helios was right, not long at all had they went into the room, Tripp passed out on the cot, dead asleep, sticky from the sugar.
"He's not bad.. when he's quiet." Helios mumbled under the covers of his cot.

"I'm glad you agree.. He's not bad at all." Seslie smiled softly as she glanced where the young man laid. She then rolled over, closing her eyes to sleep. And so, it was a peaceful sleep for them all.
~~~~~~~~~

Tripp stirred in his sleep, grumbling at his upset stomach from all the sugar he ate. First, the syrup from the waffles, then ice cream, then the caramel popcorn and finally the cotton candy. His body was obviously not used to all that sugar and it clearly showed. He apparently had a sweet tooth, but he apparently needed restraint instead.
Finally, he gives it up and gets himself up, rubbing his face as he looks around the room.
It was dark and quiet, except for Helios' snoring. Seslie was as quiet as she could be. Each had their own cot, with a nightstand between them.
Not wanting to disturb them, he sluggishly walked out the room, stretching, hoping to get some peace. 'Ice cream is worth it, not so much cloud candy..' He grumbled to himself.

He looked out a window in the hallway and saw how the light gleamed off the chrome buildings, finding it intriguing, as though the stars themselves landed on the port. He stepped down the hallway until he made his way outside the hotel, just to walk around a bit. Maybe the fresh air will settle his stomach some.
As he stepped outside, he noticed how eerily quiet the streets were. No one else was on the streets, no speeders, people, nothing. It was just him. He found it odd, but silence is nice every once in a while. Of course, this kind of silence would make one paranoid.
As he walked, his nose crinkle as he took in a scent of something familiar. Last thing that was familiar creeped him out, but curiosity got the best of him as he kept walking to check it out.
His ears moved slightly at any noise surrounding him, but not even rats scurried around here.
Finally, he walked up to a tall building, about ten stories high and looked up. The scent was getting closer and stronger. Part of him kept saying to go back to the inn, that there was danger, but something in him was stiring, motioning him to keep moving, like it was a command. This was more than just curiosity.
And so he did. Finding a staircase that zig-zag up the wall, he stepped up quietly. As he did,, he thought he could hear a whistle. Someone was whistling a tune, one that was familiar, soft, yet rattling, calling for him.
Someone was waiting for him up there, and he was gonna find out who it was, whether good or bad.
~~~~~~

Seslie rolled over in her bed as a loud snore from Helios got to her and woke her up. She finally threw a pillow at him, which muffled the noise.

As she went to roll over, the empty cot of Tripp's caught her eye.
She looked around and slipped out the bed quietly, "Tripp..? Tripp, you here?" She whispered, noticing the bathroom was unoccupied as well.
She went over to Helios and shook his shoulder, "Helios, wake up! Tripp is gone."

"Uhhhg.. sugar sleep walking..." Her brother mumbled, not really in the mood to wake up as he waved her off. His hair couldn't possibly be any messier. "Go play with your dolls or something.."

"I don't own dolls- whatever, wake up!" She says louder, grabbing ahold of a pillow and swatting him with it. Once she realized that Helios wasn't going to help, she tossed the pillow aside, "Fine, I'm getting the captain." She huffed.
She ran from their room to next door and knocked quickly on the door. She could hear Kida growling from the other side, and after a moment, Kyle opened the door, with eyes barely opened.

"What is it?" Kyle muttered, rubbing his face, "Ugh, child, It's three in the morning.."

Seslie shook her head, in a slight panic, "He's gone, Tripp is missing!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 1 26
A gloomy, gothic and frightening meditation on guilt and the nature of evil, ULTIMUM CARCERON takes place in the future, millions of miles from Earth...
427 11 30
Nobody expects something supernatural to happen to them. Those kind of things only happened in comics. Fairy Tales. Unrealistic dreams that you'd fal...
1.2K 17 36
Brush my teeth, get dressed, go to school and do homework. That's what my life was about, occasionally going to parties. But when a new kid comes to...
451 7 35
When the final battle is won, Karkat gets mysteriously thrown into a universe different than the one he was expecting. The worst part? He was all alo...