Stuck With You (One Direction...

Da messedupbun

"Alive.." He started to say, repeating the last word. "That's how you make me feel." Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS OUT!

Chapter 21

101K 1.8K 914
Da messedupbun

AN: YAY! New chapter! Hope you like it. x

LOUIS' POV

She was put on a strecher upon entering the hospital. I managed to grab her hand for a minute before the nurses brought her to the emergency room and told me to stay behind. My heart was beating really fast, in a bad way. When I saw her scream in pain and fall to the ground, I honestly didn't know what to do. I took a peak in the emergency room and saw that she was already laid down on a bed and the doctors were sticking an IV on her hand. She was still unconscious.

What happened to my Effy? She is eating properly, so it can't be loss of appetite. She doesn't stay up too late, so she musn't have enough reason to be tired. I placed my hand on the glass on the door of the room, as if I was reaching for her hands. 

"LOU!!" People scram behind me. 

I turned around and saw that my four bestfriends along with Effy's mom are running towards me. 

"What happened?! What happened to my little girl?!" Effy's mom asked me while shaking the hell out of me. 

What did happen?

"I..uh.." I started to mumble finding the right words. Just then the nurse intervened and talked to Effy's mom.

I faced the boys. Harry was the first to hug me. "Lad, she's going to be okay." 

I couldn't control my tears anymore. I don't want to be such a pussy, but the tears poured down anyway. "She was in so much pain, Haz. If only at that right moment,  I had the power to take it away I would have Haz." 

I looked up to Harry.

"You know I would have." I said again.

Niall patted me on the shoulders. "You'd do that in a heart beat, and we know it." 

Zayn hugged me too. "It's just fatigue bro, she's fine." 

I hope she is. I really hope she is. 

-----

The boys and I didn't leave the hospital. I was fidgeting with my cup of coffee when her mom came out of the room. My heart lightened a bit when I saw her smiling. 

"She's awake." She said.

It was like Christmas. I couldn't contain my joy. I almost dropped my cup of coffee as I ran to her room. As I entered her room, I saw her with an annoyed look on her IV. Then she heard my presence because her head shifted to my direction. Her whole face lit up, and so did my soul. 

"Hey, carrot boy." She smirked. 

Yep, she's okay.

I ran to her bed and hugged her gently. "That was the scariest thing ever.." I whispered in her ear.

"Even scarier than the extinction of carrots in the future?" She answered back jokingly. 

I chuckled. "Well.." I started to say. 

I head her gasp and she lightly bumped her head into mine. "Hey!!!"

I poked her cheeks. "Kidding!" 

The boys also went in and gave Effy their hugs. I love how they love Effy too. 

Three doctors came in discussing with each other before facing us. 

I sat down on her right side where her hand is not injected with needles. I then slowly interlaced my fingers through hers and brought her hand up and kissed the back of it. She then grinned and kissed me back on my cheeks. 

The oldest looking doctor then removed his glasses and finally faced us. "All of you here to hear the news?" 

Then Niall giggled. We all looked at him. 

"Here hear ..." He repeated while snickering. Oh Nialler. Effy leaned into me and whispered, "I swear you got the weirdest friends ever." 

Weird, but they are the best.

The doctor looked at Effy. "How are you feeling today, Ms. McClair?" He adressed her.

Effy looked at me. I swear, every time she looks at me, I catch my breath. "Better." She answered him back. 

That's how I feel when I'm with her, I feel better.

"So, what was the cause doc?" Effy's mom asked him. 

The doctor flipped through his records. "Well, the interesting thing is, she doesn't have a flu or something. But the fever keeps coming back again. Does your ribs still hurt?" 

"Kinda.." Effy answered and bit her lip. "And also, um, my shoulders kind of hurt a bit too." 

The doctors head sprung and he looked at the the other two beside him who were taking notes. 

"After the x-ray, you don't have any signs of broken or fractured bones, Elizabeth." The doctor said. He looked very weary, I wonder why. 

I stood up. "So, what caused it?"

The doctor sighed. "I hate to be the giver of bad news." 

And just then and there I knew that something would change our lives. I went closer to Effy. I can see her getting nervous. I thouched her shoulders, it was cold. 

The doctor faced Effy's mom, "Mrs. McClair." And then he faced Effy,

"Effy. I am so sorry to say this, but you are diagnosed with acute myeloid lukemia."  

My heart stopped beating. I didn't even hear anything anymore after that. I felt like I was being pulled down by gravity, finding it harder to move, or even breathe. Why? Why Lord? I found strength to turn my head and face Effy, that beautiful creature. And yet again, I was going to loose the person I love. You know what's worst this time? I was going to loose the person who gave me reason to live again. I was going to loose Effy.

Next thing I knew my feet were moving and I was dashing out of the room and out of the hospital. No, I couldn't hear anymore of their chemotherapy schedules and healing services. Nothing in the world makes sense to me anymore. I was running towards any direction I can go to.  I wanted to die.

Because I can't imagine living in a world without her. 

--------

Effy's POV

"Effy. I am so sorry to say this, but you are diagnosed with acute myeloid lukemia."  

Oh. Wow. 

Actually, I am lost for words. Whatever that doctor was saying next, my ears are blocking them out. All I could think of is "I am going to die soon".  I know that everyone dies, but you know what sucks when you have sickness like these? You're going to know when you're going to die. And I hate that. I'd rather it be a tragic yet epic disaster rather than saying "you have six months to live"

I felt eyes on me. I turned to my side and I saw Louis staring at me with lifeless eyes. 

Oh crap, it's going to happen to him again. He promised me that he will never leave me, and now here I am, the one who's going to leave him? My heart sank. 

He then stood up and started to dash away. "Louis!" I called out, but it was too late. My tears were already starting to flow. 

Stupid cancer cells. 

I started to get up but the IV was tugging me to stay in bed. I wanted to chase him so bad. I wanted to tell him that it's okay, that I am okay. 

"We got it." Liam said all of a sudden. Then all of the boys went out the room and started running after Louis.  

I looked up to mom and saw that she was brawling over there talking to the doctor. "What can we do? We must do something!! Anything! Any treatment!! I don't care how much." 

My mom was in so much pain.

And at the end, I am still what I was from the day I was born: One big nuissance to everyone's life.

I went under my sheets to escape the world. The tears then flowed, and flowed, and flowed. I don't want to die yet, but how can I find strength when I am the reason why the people I get strength from are in pain? 

I'll fight this, for me, for mom, and for Louis. 

For Louis. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

576 16 51
"How are you feeling today, Alexis ?" "Better."
7.1K 277 30
"She loved him and he loved her, but it wasn't that simple."
58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
1.5K 136 41
Autophobia Noun A fear of one's self Copyright @Niallspopsicle ©