The wingman nobody asked for

By yokaimilk

Rantarou was hanging out with his two best friends, Kokichi and Kaede. Everything went swell until Kokichi pr... More

A quick intro (again)
Hey Stranger!
Hey cutie! Please forgive me!
Hey stranger! Answer me!
Hey! We meet again!
Hey, help me out for a little?
Hey, it's nice to meet you
Hey! Tell us!
Hey, is it okay if I call?
Hey! Why don't you look at that!
Hey! Lemme tell you!
Hey! I think I have a crush!
Hey! You go girl!
Hey! Can we meet up again?
Hey! I'm a little embarrassed...
Hey! It was an accident I swear!
Hey! I need help!
Hey! I have a quick question!
Hey! Can you be honest?
Hey! I can say it! I think..
Hey! I like you!
Hey! What's got your hopes up?

Hey, let's hang out for a little!

3.4K 141 288
By yokaimilk

Rantarou was rather shocked that after a while, Shuuichi agreed to spend some time with him. It was only a suggestion really, not an actual promise. It wasn't like Rantarou wasn't happy with it, no he was elated, it just took him by surprise. Especially since Shuuichi, who was usually so shy and hesitant, was the one who brought the suggestion back into light. After another lengthy phone call, they made it official.

"Does the aquarium sound fine..?"

The aquarium, huh? It only makes sense for someone like Shuuichi to pick such a place. Luckily, Rantarou has been there a few times, so he didn't need to worry about being a disappointment or getting them into avoidable troubles. Especially since he knew about the scheduling,

"Yeah, sounds good. How about at Thursday afternoon. It shouldn't be too crowded."

It was an ideal time since it'll be the time where people would only begin to return from work and school (at least the unfortunate kids who have yet to reach winter break.) Though the only thing that could be considered troublesome is that the two would be alone and considering that they didn't really know eachother, it could be really awkward. Well, hopefully something like this can open up Shuuichi a little more.

The plan was that Shuuichi was going to go to Rantarou's home then they'll go together from there. The reason why they established Rantarou's home because Shuuichi was far too nervous with the idea of Rantarou coming over for some reason. Rantarou didn't really mind it, he just hoped that his sisters wouldn't cause a commotion or try to bother Shuuichi while he was there. Especially considering that some were quite brutal in their teasings. They could be considered Kokichi tier or even worse, Rantarou didn't want to imagine it. The days eventually went by and it was Thursday. They chose the specific time of 3 PM, so it at least gave the two a good amount of time to get ready, especially since Rantarou tended to take his sweet time in the shower. It was at least a relief that both of them happen to be early risers. At 1 PM, Rantarou was drying his hair with a towel while beginning to look into his closet, wanting to get a head start. He wondered if he should tell anyone about this. Rantarou had to admit that he was nervous and could only imagine how Shuuichi could be feeling at the moment. Probably even worse than him. Maybe if a third person tagged along, it wouldn't be so bad but at the same time, a third person could make Shuuichi even more nervous. Rantarou carefully analyzed the two decisions and the possible outcomes. In the end, he decided to just leave it between the two. A third person could also make it a little more troublesome.

Around 2:30 PM, Rantarou heard the clicking sound of the door opening. Shuuichi must be here. As Rantarou headed down the stairs, he heard a small conversation. He couldn't make it out at first but eventually, it started to piece together. The two voices were Shuuichi and his youngest sister, as expected of her. When Rantarou continued to make his way downstairs, he heard them singing patty cake...?
Rantarou peeked to see the two indeed engaging in a game of patty cake. Shuuichi looked nervous as his movements were clearly slower than Rantarou's sister, since he was most likely rusty from not playing it in such a long time. His sister's voice also clearly overpowered Shuuichi's. Nonetheless, Shuuichi made an attempt to keep up with her. Rantarou couldn't help but to adore the sight as a smile crept up on his face. He heard the cheering of his sister after the game ended and Rantarou entered the scene. "Saihara, are you ready?" Rantarou asked and Shuuichi tensed. "H-how long have you been there...?" Shuuichi asked, a small flush on his face. "The whole game." Rantarou simply replied. His sister giggled. "Hara-tan is really slow compared to big brother and big sisters!" The little girl said with a laugh and Shuuichi looked away. "Hey, don't tease him like that." Rantarou said sternly.

"Wow, I didn't know you had a date." Rantarou turned his head to see the face of one of the twins. She looked at Shuuichi from head to toe. "Really?! Big brother has a girlfriend?!" The other twin chimed in, she looked surprised as she also looked at Shuuichi. "H-Hey! I-I'm a boy! A-and I just met him!" Shuuichi said defensively, clearly even more nervous from the increased attention. The first twin scoffed. "Your eyelashes are too pretty for a boy." She murmured under her breath, looking at Shuuichi's eyes. Shuuichi immediately got flustered and lowered his hat. "Don't bully him! Hey! Do you like big brother?" Said the second twin, clearly proving that she wasn't really much better. "Oi! You guys trying to kill him or somethin'? His head looks like it's about to burst!" Another sister came in, looking sternly at the three crowding around Shuuichi. "She has a point. Guys just leave him alone." Rantarou joined in, approaching his sisters. It took him a while but he managed to shoo them all away. He looked back at Shuuichi, his entire face was literally covered by his hat at this point. "Hey Saihara, are you okay?" Rantarou asked and Shuuichi slowly lifted the hat. His face was red and his eyes even looked a little tearful, giving Rantarou a pang of guilt. However, Rantarou saw the relief on Shuuichi's face when he noticed that it was just Rantarou. "Let's get going, okay?" Rantarou said as Shuuichi slowly began to get up.

When they were outside, Rantarou looked a little more at Shuuichi. This was his first time seeing Shuuichi wear something that wasn't his school uniform. Under a chestnut colored coat, he wore a plain grey turtleneck with a pair of black jeans while still donning the same cap. "The aquarium is about a bus ride away from here, so let's get on quick." Rantarou suggested after a moment of silence. Taking his word, the two boarded the bus after a moment of waiting at the stop. Rantarou was surprised on how quiet Shuuichi was the whole time at the bus stop, the poor guy must be really nervous. He was also really quiet on the ride, Rantarou was about to initiate conversation until he got a text message from someone that was a little too familiar.

> "Judging from the time, you're on your little date with Saihara-Chan, right? :>"

Wait. What? Rantarou was pretty sure he didn't tell Kokichi about this so he was beyond baffled when he got the message.

> "It's not a date and how do you know this?"

> "Well you see, Poor Saihara-Chan was so anxious that he called me up a little earlier to know a little more about you~"

Shuuichi calling Kokichi? What? That had to be the oddest thing Rantarou ever had to process. Why would Shuuichi call him? Kokichi continued to type.

> "also I was invited for moral support!"

> "wait what?"

> "I'm third wheeling silly! (●o''o)―♪'*."

Before Rantarou could type a response, Kokichi sent a picture he took of himself standing in front of the penguin enclosure. He was flashing a big smile and had his fingers positioned in a peace sign. Rantarou groaned. He couldn't believe this, why Kokichi out of anyone?
Rantarou looked at Shuuichi who had not said a single word as he looked out the window. "Hey, is everything alright?" Rantarou asked as he pocketed his phone. He will deal with Kokichi later. Shuuichi looked back at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. I-it's just that I haven't really done this thing in a long time..." Shuuichi answered, looking away from him once again. "Not even with your friend?" Rantarou asked and Shuuichi shook his head. "Listen Saihara, don't be so nervous. I don't bite." Rantarou said reassuringly with a soft smile. "N-no it's not that I'm scared of you, it's just that I'm..." Shuuichi tried to think of an appropriate way to say it. "Not used to being around others like this... if that makes sense." He finished off. "Oh I see. Don't worry about that too much, it'll be fine." Rantarou reassured and the bus stopped, indicating their stop.

When they got to the aquarium, Rantarou opened his phone to another message from Kokichi.

> "meet me at the seal exhibit scrubs"

Rantarou pocketed his phone again. "Alright. Let's head to the seal exhibit for now." Rantarou said with a sigh and Shuuichi nodded. When they made their way, they saw Kokichi practically laying down on a bench, drinking grape flavored soda. Did he have no shame? "Whaddup!" He called out with a smile. Rantarou looked over to even see some regret forming on Shuuichi's face. "I didn't know Akamatsu-san's number so I had no choice.." Shuuichi explained softly so Kokichi wouldn't hear. "Oh hey Ouma." Rantarou greeted, trying to play it cool. "I-it's good you made it O-ouma-kun..!" Shuuichi added with an awkward smile. Kokichi got up from the bench. "Yup of course! Gotta help out my buddies, amirite Saihara-Chan?" Kokichi looked at Shuuichi, who only shyly nodded.

The three decided to walk together, looking at the exhibits that passed them by. Kokichi seemed to really like the harp seals and penguins while Rantarou preferred the tropical fish and Shuuichi preferred the turtles. The three of them seemed to have a good time as they saw all kinds of marine life. Also the whole time, Kokichi tried to tell stories of experiences he and Rantarou had to give Shuuichi a better idea of who they were.

"Yup! That's when Kuzuryu-senpai chased me around the halls while screaming streams and streams of curses at me because I called him 'boss baby-senpai!'" Kokichi concluded another story with a hearty laugh. "Yeah and then I had to fetch you because Nidai-senpai was about to yell at the both of you." Rantarou added. "Hey! At least it wasn't Ishimaru-senpai!" Kokichi snapped. "You sound really responsible, huh Amami-kun?" Shuuichi said with a small laugh, ignoring Kokichi's retort. It was actually pretty cute. "I mean it sort of became a part of me since I had to grow up taking care of 12 young girls at once." Rantarou explained. "Hey I took care of a cat! That counts, right?" Kokichi stated desperately. "How did you guys meet..?" Shuuichi asked gently. "You see, Ouma tripped and fell at the 6th grade and started crying. I so happened to be there with Akamatsu and yeah. Surprisingly, Ouma  cried a lot in middle school and we always had to take care of him." Rantarou explained and Kokichi pouted. "Not true! I was trying to look cool in front of Saihara-Chan! What gives?!" Kokichi snapped. Shuuichi let out a nervous laugh. "If it makes you feel better, I wasn't paying attention and walked into my locker at my first day of highschool and Kiibo-kun had to always watch me since." He said to reassure Kokichi. "Hey is he a robot?" Kokichi asked suddenly, shifting topics. "Yes..? Why?" Shuuichi responded. "Ouma n—" "DOES HE HAVE A DICK?" Kokichi beamed and Rantarou groaned. "W-what?! W-why would I know t-that?" Shuuichi stuttered with a flush on his face. "Guys let's just talking about something else like-"

"Oh oh! Look! It's the dumbo octopuses!" Kokichi said out of nowhere with childish glee as he pointed at the tank. Rantarou sighed in relief. Shuuichi looked at them in fascination. "They're pretty cute, aren't they?" Kokichi asked and Shuuichi nodded. "You know what else is cute?" Kokichi asked.
"Ouma no—"
"Po!"
Rantarou sighed in relief.
"You know what's cuter than Po?" "Ouma—" "Amami-chan's youngest sister!"
Another sigh of relief.
"You know what's cuter than her?" "Ouma I swear to god if you—" "You!" Kokichi pointed at Shuuichi, causing him to blush. "God dammit Ouma!" Rantarou scolded. "Nishishi~ look at his face!" Kokichi only said. This was a mistake. "W-well I-I still like the dumbo octopuses.." Shuuichi said shyly to try to steer away from Kokichi's teasing. "Hey don't let him get to you, okay?" Rantarou reassured. "O-okay.." Shuuichi replied.

They went to the nearby cafe after they left the aquarium. Rantarou made sure to take a lot of pictures though most of it was on the actual exhibits. Kokichi, on the other hand, just took selfies and pictures of the three of them together. The three of them ordered simple meals that just consisted of a drink and some sort of snack. Rantarou hated the fact that Kokichi was right about Shuuichi liking sweets since he ended up ordering a small cake. It was surprising how he had much in common with Kokichi yet he was still so mature and gentle. Kokichi took a bite out of a pastry and frowned a little. "Mom's pastries are still better." He murmured. "That's because she spoils you." Rantarou replied and Kokichi stuck his tongue out at him.

"Ah, Amami-kun, you didn't order anything to eat.." Shuuichi said with light concern. "Don't worry about it, I'll be fine!" Rantarou reassured but Shuuichi took a spoonful of his small dessert and held it to Rantarou's direction. "No.. at least eat something.. now p-please open your mouth.." he urged gently. "Oooo first date and Amami-Chan is already getting spoon fed!" Kokichi cooed. "It's fine and Ouma please be quiet!" Rantarou said but Shuuichi only urged by still pointing the spoon at Rantarou's direction. "C'mon Amami-chan don't deny him! This is like the definition of moe here!" Kokichi said with a big smile. "Ouma please stop and really, no thank you." Rantarou said calmly. "R-really, j-just one bite.." Shuuichi urged once again, his voice still gentle and soft. Rantarou hated how Kokichi had to be right about everything, this was rather cute. Especially with how stubborn Shuuichi was. Rantarou finally decided to open his mouth and Shuuichi gave him the piece, his face now noticeably more shy and flustered. "T-there we go.." He said with a small smile, despite his face being red. Kokichi only whistled. "I think I really did set up something here~" He cheered and Shuuichi looked away and lowered his hat a little, clearly flustered at the moment and even Rantarou started to blush. "It's nothing, h-he was just concerned.." Rantarou replied. "Did Amami-chan just stutter?" Kokichi teased. "Please just shut up." Rantarou said with an exasperated sigh.

The rest of the time in the cafe was silent and the three began to head home together. Kokichi left first since the stop to his neighborhood was before the stop for Rantarou and Shuuichi's neighborhood. "Buh bye!" Kokichi said cheerfully as he walked out of the bus. "Farewell Ouma-kun, it was good knowing you.." Shuuichi said softly as Rantarou waved him goodbye. Eventually Rantarou and Shuuichi went to their stop.

"You know.. I-I really liked today, thank you for bringing me.." Shuuichi said politely. "I had fun too, I hope we can do this again." Rantarou replied casually. The two eventually parted away. A shy smile was on Shuuichi's face as he walked home while Rantarou just hummed in satisfaction.

Today went well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 792 22
Just like the title said. Oneshots of Oumasai. Send requests in for what you want bc I have no creativity
179K 2.4K 41
Have you ever wanted to date, hang out, or just see how the Danganronpa characters would react and act in different situations? Well, here you go! I'...
144K 7.4K 36
Saihara arrives at a new school, one where the teacher calls out a boy who is both blind and paralyzed named Kokichi Ouma. Both intrigued and interes...
2.4K 148 33
πŸŒΎπ™π™π™„π™‚π™‚π™€π™ π™’π˜Όπ™π™‰π™„π™‰π™‚π™ŽπŸŒΎ -𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 π™π™€π™π™π™Šπ™Ž -π™ˆπ™€π™‰π™π™„π™Šπ™‰π™Ž π™Šπ™ π™Žπ™π™„π˜Ύπ™„π˜Ώπ˜Όπ™‡ π™π™ƒπ™Šπ™π™‚π™ƒπ™π™Ž πŸŒΎπ™π™„π™‰π™„π™Žπ™ƒπ™€π˜Ώ π˜Ύπ™ƒπ˜Όπ™‹π™π™€...