catch-22.

By beyondthesuga

"Quick! Hoseok this is an emergency! It's a catch-22 situation!" More

 one 
 two 
 three 
 four 
 six 
 seven 
 eight 
 nine 
 ten 
 eleven 
 twelve 
 thirteen 
 fourteen 
 fifteen 
 sixteen 
 seventeen 
 eighteen 
 nineteen 
 twenty-one 
 twenty-two 
 twenty-three 
⭐ twenty-four ⭐
⭐ twenty-five ⭐
⭐ twenty-six ⭐
⭐️ twenty-seven ⭐️
⭐ twenty-eight ⭐
⭐ twenty-nine ⭐
⭐️ thirty ⭐️
⭐ thirty-one ⭐

 five 

1.7K 151 61
By beyondthesuga

Namjoon doesn't see how this plan will work out.

"I don't see how this is gonna work out Taehyung-ah," He says as much, chewing at the corner of his bottom lip nervously and ignoring the flips in his stomach whenever he catches sight of Seokjin from across the large auditorium they're at.

Taehyung – somehow – found out where Seokjin was going to perform for some upcoming contests and got them tickets even though Namjoon is pretty sure they had run out.

(He knows this because he had tried to get his hands on one so he could come and see Seokjin like the creep stalker he is.)

"Of course it will," Taehyung says good-naturedly and Namjoon really wishes he was as confident as Taehyung seems at the moment.

"I'll go up to Seokjin hyung and casually bring up the drama tournament he has and then I'll just casually mention you and then you'll introduce yourself, act all cute just by being you and Seokjin hyung will fall in love with you."

Namjoon blinks and raises a brow, he feels a little offended at how confident Taehyung seems with his so called plan.

Maybe if he distracts Taehyung for a few seconds he can make a bolt to the door and leave before he embarrasses himself.

He notices the sudden doubt on Taehyung's face though, how he wrinkles his brows and chews on his bottom lip in that subtle way he does whenever he thinks he's doing something a bit too out of this world.

Because yeah, Taehyung is all too aware at how utterly stupid this plan is. He may be acting a bit too over the top and if he really thinks about it than he can admit that it's not extravagant in the least.

But since Taehyung isn't known for being an organized and well thought out human being (just ask Hoseok, he has an entire notebook of every failed disaster of a plan Taehyung's ever made) he's going to go through with his dumb plan in hopes (lots and lots of hope) that Seokjin will notice Namjoon.

"I don't think he's even going to want to talk to me," Namjoon sighs out. He folds his arms over his chest making Taehyung frown and pout at him.

"Nuh uh, no sir, this isn't the time for pessimistic attitudes. That's Yoongi hyung's job." He waves a hand at Namjoon's confused face,

"Besides, I know for a fact that Seokjin will want to talk to you. You like to read those boring and mysterious Shake-Pear plays about tragic young love and perverted Ham friends."

Namjoon rolls his eyes, "His name is Shakespeare Tae, that tragic love is called Romeo and Juliet; which may I add has been a great influence in so many works of literature, movies, and music. And how dare you degrade Hamlet like that! Yeah, it's a little pervy, but- what? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Taehyung is looking at him with something akin to awe, a brilliantly bright twinkle of fascination burning like a wild fire in his hazel eyes.

Namjoon's stomach tightens and he feels warps of butterflies flying rapidly in his tummy. Taehyung shakes his head fondly, he's looking at Namjoon like he's some kind of god.

Or maybe Namjoon needs new glasses, yep definitely needs some new ones because that is not a blush on Taehyung's face.

"That," Taehyung finally croaks out, "I think that's the longest and most coherent conversation I've had with you since we met."

Namjoon flushes and turns his eyes to focus on his Sperries. There's the sound of a throat being cleared and when Namjoon looks back up Taehyung's face is back to normal, the shine in his eyes gone and Namjoon blinks wondering if he had made that up.

"You'll be fine Joonie, just stay positive and act like your nerdy, Shakes-A-Pear self."

"It's Shakespeare, the shake is separate from speare." Taehyung grins and shrugs.

"Whatever dude,"

Namjoon delves back to his frowning, ignoring the loud dying animal like sound Taehyung makes next to him.

He's so hung up in his nerves that he can't even feel embarrassed when a few people turn away from their conversations to stare at him and Taehyung.

"I don't know Tae, I mean, I don't get the concept of how I need to talk to Seokjinnie." He ignores the blush that creeps on his face when he spills out the nickname and the way Taehyung wiggles his eyebrows, "Like can't I stay all the way on the other side of the place. And watch you talk to him?"

Taehyung shakes his head determinedly, "No can do sir. We're already here, it took a lot of blackmailing to get my hands on those two tickets just so you can bail out on me and make me watch a super boring play."

Namjoon pouts, unaware at the way Taehyung holds back a screech and hides his face in his large hands because Namjoon looks way too cute when he pouts like that.

Namjoon clenches his fists and attempts to calm down the loud roaring of his heartbeat, he's trembling in fear just by the thought of being so near Seokjin.

He's always stared at him from afar, a safe distance away from him so he won't do something foolish like he's most likely to do.

He must be too transparent with his emotions since Taehyung's face suddenly softens and he feels Taehyung's hands take his pale fists and rub soft circles over the knuckles.

"You want to date him don't you?" Namjoon hesitates for a moment before shyly nodding.

"Well then?" Taehyung smiles softly, "In order for that to happen Seokjin needs to know that you exist, which still baffles me because the world would be a very dark and scary place if you weren't around Joonie hyung."

Namjoon weakly throws a punch at Taehyung's shoulder, rolling his eyes when Taehyung acts like he's just been stabbed and then Namjoon mercilessly killed his puppy in front of him.

"This is the easiest way for me to introduce you. You know, since you turned down my other brilliant idea." Taehyung mutters grumpily.

The other idea was much worse, it involved a too cliché moment of bumping into one another and ending up like those romantic animes that Taehyung keeps sending him memes of.

"Fine," Namjoon huffs out, "I'm just scared okay? He's so out of my league that I don't really understand the logic and science behind the act that Seokjin hyung will actually like me."

Taehyung throws a friendly arm over his shoulder, "You think too much for your own good Namjoonie hyung, it'll be fine. Don't worry, I've got this under control."

And that's the thing, Namjoon isn't sure anymore if the butterflies in his stomach are fluttering because of Taehyung's hand warm against his shoulder or if it's because they're literally three feet away from Seokjin and-

And Namjoon cannot do this.

"I can't do this," He squeaks out before shrugging off Taehyung's arm and fast walking away from Seokjin and his group of friends.

Taehyung flails his arms out and chases after him, grabbing his elbow to stop him from marching out the door. He wasn't kidding when he said it took a lot of effort to get those damn tickets.

"Yes. You. Can," Taehyung grits out and practically manhandles Namjoon back over to where Seokjin is still talking with his friends. "I'm going to be right there. Next to you. It'll be fine dude."

Namjoon, though, shakes his head rapidly. "No it won't. Maybe - maybe you can j-just talk to him w-while I stand right here. Very far away. Like super far away. So far away that I'll be sitting in my car."

Taehyung grabs Namjoon from the shoulders and presses their faces so close Namjoon can feel his hot breath ghosting over his lips.

"Listen to me Namjoon," He says with the most serious expression he's ever seen on his face, "We're going to walk up to Jin, say hello, introduce you and get you your man."

Namjoon feels his ears turn hot and red, "He's not my man!"

Taehyung grins mischievously, "Not yet, and hey this is random but I like that song."

Namjoon nods back, "Yeah I know,you're not my mans, you was never in plan." They sing (rap) together.

Before Namjoon knows it Taehyung is hauling them over to Seokjin's group, his hand pressed firmly and in reassurance that he's going to be there to back him up.

It makes the ball of anxiety in his chest melt a tiny bit. Seokjin is talking to two guys, Namjoon's seen them before, and they’re constantly around Seokjin.

The two guys smile as soon as they see Taehyung (because they sure as hell weren't grinning at Namjoon, he's the shadow of the school.)

"Hey Tae!" Jinyoung - another popular and good looking drama student - says.

"Hello Jinyoung-ssi," Seokjin turns to look at them and Namjoon feels all the blood in his body rush to his face, his chest constricting at Seokjin turns his onyx eyes at him, "Hi Mark-ssi and Seokjin hyung."

They all wave and turn expectant looks to a still frozen and red faced Namjoon, Taehyung subtly elbows him. "This is my friend, Kim Namjoon, he's a huge fan of these kinds of things. Right Joonie hyung?"

Namjoon blinks startled, "I do?" Taehyung smiles tightly and pleads with his eyes to play along, "I - I mean yeah, I do. Totally."

Seokjin smiles at him and Namjoon swears he feels his heart melt at the sight, he's probably sporting lovesick eyes right now.

Taehyung beams, "We came here to support you guys."

Namjoon nods along, "Yes, support Seokjin-ssi. I mean - like I meant support you too Jinyoung-ssi!"

Seokjin laughs, it's more controlled nothing like the squeaky and a bit off-putting one he's used to hearing. It kinda dims down Namjoon's aura, "It's okay Namjoon-ah, I got what you meant."

Jinyoung smiles all crinkly eyes and Mark keeps darting his eyes between Namjoon, Taehyung, and Seokjin. As if he knew something.

Namjoon doesn't like him already, he's quiet and is always hanging out with Jackson (Namjoon is proud in saying that he's actually very good friends with him, which is a surprise because Jackson is so loud and the opposite of Namjoon in so many ways.) Mark smiles calculated as if he had figured something out and nods subtly at Namjoon.

"Well I hope you guys enjoy our performance." Seokjin says.

Taehyung nods, noticing the way the lights dim down. "For sure, Namjoonie here will keep me awake from falling asleep. Right hyung?"

Namjoon nods, his throat too dry to speak at the moment. "Anyways we're going to get our places and let you actors do whatever is it actors do."

And then Taehyung is grabbing Namjoon's hand, pulling him away as he bids them goodbye. "See ya later Seokjin hyung, good look with the play Jinyoung-ssi. Oh and say hi to Yugyeom and BamBam for me will you Mark-ssi?"

They wave at them, "Thanks TaeTae, bye Namjoon-ah. It was nice meeting you." Seokjin responds back, the other two echoing his words.

Namjoon gulps and turns away so they won't see his red face. Taehyung bumps shoulders with him playfully, unlinking their hands. Namjoon hadn't even noticed when they had intertwined.

"See? That wasn't so bad."

Namjoon's heart begs to differ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 17.6K 58
"Doctors Aren't Saving Lives,They are too busy making money" - Jeon Jungkook Accidents Happen[Taekook]
1.4K 36 11
why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
29.3K 1.6K 40
"We're sorry for taking you for granted." "We're sorry we couldn't save you." "We wish we had kept a closer eye on you."
950 63 28
"I wanna leave because I've already cause you a lot of trouble."