Dope Boy Ambitions 3

By laila_duhh

Read Dope Boy Ambitions before reading! More

Prologue: Dope Boy Ambitions 3
A Fresh Start
Home Is Where The Heart Is
True Colors
Reincarnated
Too Deep
Oh Baby
Caught Between A Rock, And A Hard Place
Wake Up Call
Spilling The Beans
Nobodys Perfect
Little Do You Know
Piggly Wiggly
Connect The Dots
Playing With Fire Will Get You Burned
Wild Goose Chase
Red-Handed
Dirty Laundry
Bait Baby
Signing A Deal With The Devil
Chicago, We Have A Problem
Anonymous
Inside Man
Bringing The Bacon Home
Ahead Of The Game
Oh Happy Day
On A Roll
Love & Hate
Bloody Knuckles
King Kong
A Dangerous Game
Whose It Gonna Be
Dope Boy Ambition 3 Finale: Crown Me King
Sneak Peak! DBA 4
DOPE BOY AMBITIONS FOUR

Playing It Safe

61.5K 1.7K 1.6K
By laila_duhh

Monica

"Hold it still King."

"Man hurry up. You taking to long."

"It's to big."

My eyes slowly opened seeing the white clouds out of the small window.

"Ow!"

I turned my head seeing CJ and Miracle knocked out and the rest of the group at the table fooling around with some tools.

"What are you guys doing?" I yawned and carefully got up holding onto the seats as I made my way over to see what was going on.

"We're trying to make a ear piece. One of the guards at the jail taught me how to make one." Morgan said holding a screw driver. All of a sudden she got shocked. "Ouch." She held her finger. "This isn't working."

"Here let me try it." Nick said grabbing the screw driver out of Morgan's hands. King held it down while he tried to screw the pieces together.

"What is that for."

"It's for you." King gave me a smirk.

"I'm not putting that shit in my ear." I looked at him like he was crazy. "Besides isn't that what you got the earrings for."

"The earrings are just a camera and a device that lets us hear you." King explained.

"But we need you to be able to hear us as well." Morgan smiled.

"Y'all are not the damn FBI. Sit down somewhere."

"This is something serious Mo. If something goes down we need to be able to get to you without you sending a text or calling."

I sighed and watched Nick closely as he pushed a wire inside the plastic oval shaped thing.

"And there we go." He held it up.

"Wow. I can't believe you did it."

"Aye man. I may say some off the wall stuff but I'm not dumb."

"Test it out Mo." Morgan said.

I was hesitant at first but I slowly put it inside my ear making it stick to the side.

"Can you hear me?" Morgan said into a walkie talkie across the room.

"Not at all." I removed it from my ear.

"Hmm. I may not be smart after all." Nick shrugged and took a seat.

"Damnit." Morgan said to herself and sighed picking it up.

We felt the jet come to a sudden stop causing us to jerk forward. I would've fallen flat on my stomach if King didn't catch me in time.

"We landed." Morgan looked out the window seeing we on land. She went to the back and began to collect the bags.

"You good?" King asked grabbing my hand.

"Yea." I fixed my dress.

The door opened and the steps were let down.

"Thanks again Richie." Morgan blew the middle aged man a kiss.

"No problem any time for you."

"Let's go y'all." I woke Miracle and CJ. They got up grabbing their stuff up.

We all got off the jet and waited for an Uber to arrive and take us home.

It was almost five in the afternoon. It felt like we'd been riding forever. My back was killing me and I couldn't wait to get home to my bed. I enjoyed the vacation but I did miss home. I won't miss that hot ass weather though.

The Uber finally made its appearance and we all got inside packed like sardines.

"You guys go ahead and head home." Morgan said shutting the trunk after she finished putting the bags inside with the help of King.

"You're not coming?" I asked from the front seat.

"I called another one. Besides it looks like it isn't anymore room."

"Well alright."

King handed her some cash so she could  pay the other Uber that was coming to pick her up.

A minute later we pulled off heading home.

It took a good thirty minutes to get there simply because of all the Thursday morning work traffic on the road.

Once we finally made it we got out the car, thanked the Uber man, and went inside the house.

"About damn time. I don't know how long I've been holding my piss." Nick threw his stuff down and went to the downstairs bathroom around the corner.

I laughed and sat my stuff down as well.

"You enjoyed Africa mama?" Miracle asked hopping on the couch.

"Yea it was nice I have to admit. But nothing feels better than being at home."

"You ready for tomorrow?" CJ yawned and took a seat at the island.

"Hell yea. I'm sooooo ready to be done with this. So me and my baby boy can live happily ever after." I rubbed my stomach.

King cleared his throat.

"Oh yea and my fiancé." I grabbed his face and kissed him.

Miracle cleared her throat.

"And of course my daughter."

Nick cleared his throat all the way in the bathroom. "Leaving me out again huh? It's all good." He semi yelled.

I laughed. "I can't wait to live life with all you guys." I pulled them all in for a group hug.

King

"Turn it up." Nick slurred with his leg hanging off the couch.

"Man you half sleep. You not even watching it."

"I'm not sleep nigga." He said and instantly put his head down. A minute didn't even go by and he was already back snoring loudly.

I chuckled and kissed Monica's forehead for the hundredth time today.

We were all piled on the long couch watching all the old school movies. Love and Basketball, Poetic Justice, Friday, and Boys N The Hood.

Mo had fell asleep with her head on my lap during the first movie. Miracle was asleep next to CJ as well.

I was playing in Mo's hair slowly dozing off myself until I heard the front door open.

"Shhh." I told Morg as she came inside with a brief case and a duffle bag in her hands.

"My bad." She whispered and shut the front door. "Damn what you do? Drug them?" She asked seeing that they were all asleep.

"Nah. We been watching movies."

"Mm." She said sitting the stuff down on the counter.

"What's this?" I cracked open a soda and went over observing the bagsz

She unzipped the duffle bag and I said it  was filled with all sorts of guns. "I may have made a stop on the way here."

The bag was loaded with rifles, revolvers, pistols, machine guns, and anything you can think off.

She opened the brief case revealing wires and electrical devices. "I got someone to fix the ear piece. Test it." She handed it over to me.

I put it inside my ear and Morg went inside the bathroom with a walkie talkie.

"Is it working?"

"Yea." I said hearing her voice loud me clear. She came out the bathroom.

"Good." She sat the walkie talkie down and placed the ear piece back in its place.

"What's the rest of this stuff?" I questioned.

"Cameras. I wanna set them up around the place where the banquet will be held. Just to keep an eye out for Mo."

"Damn. You smart. Fuck being a model should've been an engineer or some." I told her.

"Eh. I thought about it. But god didn't give me good looks for nothing." She smiled. "We need to figure out where it's going to be."

"I'll ask Monica."

"No." Morg stopped me. "You know she's gonna have a problem with it. Just ask the boy." She said referring to CJ.

I went over and tapped him. "Aye."

"Sir?" He woke up in an instant.

"Where is this banquet thing."

"The Chicago plaza center on 10th street."

"Is it open to the public?" Morgan asked.

CJ shrugged. "Depends on if there's an event going on."

"Let's go see." Morgan said.

"Alright lets roll." I grabbed my keys off the counter and Morg grabbed the brief case along with the tools she needed. We hopped in the car and sped off on the highway.

"I can't believe you're finally marrying Mo."

"Me either."

"About time you popped the question. It took you forever."

"I had to make sure she was the one. I can't just go around popping rings on people's fingers."

"I may have been in prison and my memory may be messed up but didn't you propose to Rosetta with Monica's old ring? Oh okay."

I chuckled. "Man that's different. I was basically forced to do that."

"Whatever." Morg laughed.

"How you feel about the baby Monica's carrying?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"I need to know what's been going on."

I sighed. "I try to think of it the best way I can which is she finally is able to carry one. For once I'm looking at this from her perspective."

"Awe. You've grown King." Morgan said pretending to wipe her fake tears.

"Hush dawg." I chucked then made a right turn at the four way stop heading towards the huge plaza center that many events took place.

Once we arrived we saw a wedding reception going on. There were balloons outside the door along with a sign that read "Ashlie and Paul just married"

"You think they'll notice we're not family?" Morg asked looking at the door.

"We have on decent clothes so they shouldn't. Just make this shit quick." I unbuckled my seat belt and hopped out the car.

She opened the brief case and began to plant a camera outside the door and on the inside of it.

I looked around keeping an eye out.

"Derrick? Is that you baby?"

I turned seeing an old women in a church hat walking my way with open arms. She had a walker and she looked about ninety something.

"Uh?"

"Come here. Grandma missed you." Sh pulled me in her arms.

"Just go along with it." Morg said finishing up with the first two cameras. She entered the building to install more.

"Hey grandma." I played along and patted her back.

"Where you been baby?" She finally pulled away from the long hug.

"I been around." I scratched the back of my head.

"Ashlie finally got married." She pressed her hands together and smiled showing her false dentures.

"Oh yea? That's good." I said looking past her.

"Her husband isn't all that though. But don't tell her I said that." She laughed and i did a fake one.

The old lady continued to talk about people I didn't even know. I sat there and listened while waiting for Morgan.

"Come on in baby. The reception isnt over yet." She grabbed onto her walker.

"No thanks grandma. Imma stay out here."

"Suit yourself baby." She slowly but surely made her way back inside.

A couple minutes later Morgan came back out the building laughing her ass off. "Derrick? Is that you?" She mocked the sweet old lady.

"Haha. Very funny." I said pretending to laugh. "Are you done?"

"Mhm. I placed them outside, above  the back door. And one inside." She showed me her phone where the cameras showed a clear picture of everything.

"Where you learn to do all that?" I unlocked the car and we got back inside.

"Jail. I learned ALOT while in there."

"I see."

"Okay I think we're all set for tomorrow."

"Yes indeed."

All of my worries and concerns were starting to go away now that we got the place secured.

Mo will be just fine.
*

*

*

Morning... seven hours until the banquet

Monica

"I'm not wearing that!" 

I wasn't even up for a hour yet and Morg and King were bugging the hell outta me.

"Girl! Stop being stubborn. This is to keep you safe." Morgan kept putting the ear chip in my face.

"She's right Mo." King jumped on her side.

"Okay okay. I was cool with the big ass earrings but now you want me to put this INSIDE my ear. No!"

"Can you give us a minute." King looked at Morg. She nodded and left out of our bedroom.

I opened the closet and began to search for something to wear tonight.

"Baby."

"No King. Don't try to butter me up."

"Come on." He hugged me from me behind. "Do it for me." He kissed my neck.

"Uh uh. Move."

"We can't trust Carter and you know that. We don't know what kind of tricks he got up his sleeve which is why we got a couple ourselves."

I sighed and turned around facing him. "You're right."

"I know I am. That's why you need to trust me and Morg and do as we say. You may know what you're doing but so do we."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms.

"Good girl." He packed my lips. "I'll leave you alone now." He opened the bedroom door.

"Thank you!"

I continued to swipe through my clothes in search of an outfit.

I couldn't get made at King nor Morg. They're just trying to play it safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.1K 34
Read Book One First Love & Thugs 👈🏼‼️
1.8M 62K 24
The Henderson family is back! Through all the struggles will they still manage to be a perfect family? Will King and Monica put there differences asi...
60.5K 3.1K 26
No description just read 🙃
858 10 6
read and find out!!!