It's So Easy | Buddy Holly

By RadicalCopper

**COMPLETED, BUT UNDER CONSTRUCTION** Violet Winter and Buddy Holley have been attached at the hip since the... More

Introducing Violet
Interview
Diners
I Love Lucy
Twins
Trellis
Studio
Birthday
Journals
Photographs
Hospital
Childhood
Dresses
A/N
Drafts
Home
Bus
Milwaukee
Cyrano
Miscarriage
Rose
Yearbooks
Dear Vi, Love Buddy
Dear Buddy, Love Vi
Siblings
Adalyn
Dear Vi, Love Buddy (2)
Dear Buddy, Love Vi (2)
Crowd
Larry
Dorothy
It's You
Cut
A/N
Church
Debbie
Springfield
Random (2)
Love, Not Like
A/N:
Koch

Easter

199 13 0
By RadicalCopper

Violet's Journal

April 10th, 1955

Today was Easter and I went to Buddy's to celebrate, I guess. Yesterday was my family's celebration. Grandpa Joseph came all the way from England for this holiday. The last time I saw him was when grandma June died in sophomore year. It was kind of a weird feeling because everyone knew I was in the ward but no one said anything about it. They sort of danced around it like they didn't want to upset me. Anyways, yesterday the party was standard. We had me, mom, dad, Juliet and Vincent (obviously) and then Uncle Pat and Aunt Laura with their daughter Macy. I think Macy is four? Oh, Buddy was there, too. My dad called and invited him and his family, but his family just sent him alone. We also had my cousin Jenny but neither of her parents came. There was more but I don't remember all of them. I was mostly tasked with watching Macy. It just occurred to me that most of my family has migrated to the United States. Weird.

Well, today I was at Buddy's and I met most of his family. Apparently Easter is a really big holiday, then again, they are all Baptists. I met his grandma and grandpa, along with all of his siblings (wait, I met his siblings ages ago...) and his brand new niece and his various aunts and uncles and cousins. It was nice to see such a connected family. I was basically assaulted with hugs and kisses and "I've heard so much about you"'s. I wasn't mad, really. I was kind of nice to get some affection from someone that wasnt my boyfriend. Buddy's Aunt Boatie was so fascinated with the fact that I spoke a different language as well as English.I didn't dare to mention German. She kept asking me how to say various things in French.

Oh, and every person said something along the lines of "Oh my, you are a real pretty one". It was sort of (very) uncomfortable.

Towards the end of the night, Travis and Larry pulled me (No, like grabbed my arm and yanked me into the back room) and interrogated/lectured/whatevered me about Buddy.

So here I was, in the back room, in the dark, with two grown men. I was thinking I was about to be murdered.

"Violet, you have to listen to us." Travis whispered.

Larry nodded. "Listen."

I raised my eyebrows and tried to scooch back, only to hit a wall.

"Buddy really does love you." Larry said.

"Oh, yeah, I think I know." I responded.

"No, no, like he really does. I can't say I've ever seen him like this."

I felt my face going hot and my heart was beating really fast. What can you expect from an 18 year old girl getting dragged into a dark room? I knew I was safe and nothing was going to happen, but I was still scared! "Yeah, uh, um, okay."

"You can't hurt him, he would be destroyed!" Travis whisper yells.

Me: "I promise I won't."

Travis: "How can we trust you?"

Me: "Buddy trusts me."

Larry: "Fair enough."

Travis: "No, we need more than that."

Me: "If I tell you, this is strictly confidential! You tell NO ONE."

Larry: "You have our word."

Me: "We kinda agreed to tie the knot."

Larry: "You mean you're basically engaged?'

Me: "Um, yeah."

Travis: "Okay, okay, we can trust that, but I'm serious, don't you hurt him."

So, that's how my Easter went. How was yours, journal?

A/N: Yay for holiday specials!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1.4K 22
He kissed me and it all started there he is an orphan and so am I except he has brothers there will be lemons and a lot of other things like action...
43.3K 1.3K 43
Book series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...
43.5K 629 29
When does a girl ever get the opportunity to meet her idol in person, even when they have passed away almost thirty years before she was born? Well...
57.9K 1.6K 42
Completed | First draft | cliche | unedited Book 1 - can be read as a standalone. • • • K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes love, Then comes marriage, Then...