The Guardian Angel (The Guard...

By TamunaTsertsvadze

Lily is the only person in Golden City who has no guardian angel, thus cannot be protected from any accidenta... More

Chapter 1: Life without Guardian Angels
Chapter 2: History of Angels
Chapter 3: The Darkened Soul
Chapter 4: Protective Blackness
Chapter 5: Seeking Answers
Chapter 6: The Search
Chapter 7: Invoke the Angel
Chapter 8: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 9: Demon Guardian
Chapter 10: The Dark Angel
Chapter 11: The Angel of Death
Chapter 12: The Backstories
Chapter 13: Concerns of Samael and Lily
Chapter 14: Lily's Dream
Chapter 15: Admission Test
Chapter 16: The Confrontation
Chapter 17: The Battle of the Archangels
Chapter 18: Samael's True Face
Chapter 19: Little Demon
Chapter 20: Incubus
Chapter 21: The Wrath of Samael
Chapter 22: The Beginnings
Chapter 23: Lilith's Exile
Chapter 24: Samael's Decision
Chapter 25: Eve's Downfall
Chapter 26: Adam's Sin
Chapter 27: Paradise Lost
Chapter 28: Samael's Idea
Chapter 29: Samael and Lilith
Chapter 30: Lily's Resolve
Chapter 31: New Enemy and Old Friend
Chapter 32: The Mystery of Samael
Chapter 33: Eve Reincarnated
Chapter 34: Warrior against the Death
Chapter 35: The Archdemoness
Chapter 36: Revelations
Chapter 37: Lily's Choice
Chapter 38: The Invaders
Chapter 40: Demoness of the Night
Chapter 41: The Enemies Get Serious
Chapter 42: The Princes of Hell
Chapter 43: The Death Awakens
Chapter 44: Samael's Lullaby
Epilogue

Chapter 39: The Prince of Sloth

2.8K 132 130
By TamunaTsertsvadze

Lily, Incubus, Amiel, and Kerubiel found themselves in the lava fields of hell, covered with crimson flames and demon skulls.

"Well, here we are. From now on, don't let your guard down, stick together, and try to follow my advice," Kerubiel ordered.

"Eh? Why your advice?" Incubus got angry.

"It's simple - because I'm the oldest and the most experienced".

"Duh, to let you know, you look like a midget".

"Don't judge by looks, child. Anyway, let's move. I can feel Samael's energy. Follow me".

He walked on. Lily and Amiel followed him without a word. Incubus went after them too, but with reluctance. 

"So, Lord Kerubiel, don't you think they would already have detected us?" Amiel looked down at her master.

"Obviously they would have, Amy. That is why I'm telling you to stick together. No one knows which demon might appear".

Just as Kerubiel said this, a glowing red sphere hit the ground. After the dusty smoke aerated, a tall black-haired man appeared, who resembled Samael by his looks. He chuckled when saw the four intruders:

"Hello. We haven't had any guests in a long while. May I please know your names, ladies and gentlemen?"

Kerubiel frowned. Amiel got a little frightened as she felt deadly energy come from this vicious man. Incubus instead gave him a youthful smirk:

"Oh, if it isn't Uncle Abaddon! I am quite surprised you were the first to volunteer to fight us - you are known as the laziest among my uncles".

"Oh, so true, so true," Abaddon smiled as if 'the laziest' was an appraisal. "But how could I miss a meeting with my precious nephew and my little sister-in-law?" 

He eyed Lily in a wolfish manner, freezing her with his vile yellow eyes.

"Well then, let's make that meeting memorable, shall we?" 

Incubus cracked his finger-joints and moved forward when Kerubiel grabbed his arm:

"Stop Incubus, it is not your fight. Let us test your mother's powers first. You said you trusted in her, didn't you? Leave this to her".

"Huh? But why? This guy isn't worth my mother's bother!"

"Trust me, step down for now. We haven't yet seen how Lily has recollected the rules of combat. Furthermore, she will need to get accustomed to the powers she's regained after so many millennia. Leave this to her. We will need your powers later on".

"Ugh, fine!" 

Incubus grumbled in indignation and stepped back. Lily blinked in surprise:

"Eh? I should fight?"

"Yes. Do not fear. Trust in your heart and your powers will come naturally," Kerubiel smiled, "Abaddon is the laziest of all the five brothers, so he will be the least threat to you. He's a good opponent to test your powers on".

"Well, okay..." 

Lily stepped forward, watching her opponent in apparent fear.

"Oh, please don't underestimate me, dear guests. No matter that you are a woman and my sister-in-law, I will not hold back. As I am a lazy person, I'd prefer this battle to end quick and neat". 

Abaddon grew his claws. Lily widened her eyes at first, but then, a frown covered her face:

I'm doing this for Sammy...

"Transformation! Basic form!" 

Lilith's soul rushed out of Lily's body, which fell to the ground. A black demonic dress appeared on her soul form. She held a long black staff with a half-moon symbol and a red gem in its center. A pair of tiny horns grew on her head, while a red-to-black tail and demonic wings had appeared on her back.

"Eh? Nice outfit, woman! Now, let's see how much your powers are worth..." 

Abaddon rushed towards her with his claws ready. Lily screamed and randomly swung her black moon staff. A large blue current emerged from it and blasted Abaddon, but he vanished and reappeared right before Lily:

"Don't take my laziness wrong, tiny - I am not too lazy to hasten up my attacks. I am too lazy to toy with you!" 

He swung his red claws, cut her chest, and blasted her off to a wall. Lily yelled and fell off, in pain. 

"Mom!" 

Incubus got frightened, while Kerubiel remained calm:

"Don't worry. She'll handle it".

"How can you tell me not to worry? That bastard cut my little mom!"

"Ugh, just calm yourself, Incubus! I've told you, she'll be fine!"

"But_"

"He's... right, Incuby".

Lily's soft voice sounded. Incubus widened eyes - his little mother had stood up! She was beat-up, true, but her eyes still twinkled with determination.

"Mother..."

"Oh, you can still stand? Admirable, tiny," Abaddon grinned. "I can now understand why Satan came to like you".

Lily's eyes sparkled in anger:

"His name... is Samael!" 

She accumulated large energy in her moon staff and swung it. A red ray emerged now, headed towards Abaddon. This latter widened eyes, as the shot was unexpected. He prepared to dodge it, but the ray vanished. He raised an eyebrow:

"That was all? Too bad, because for a second, I thought_"

The ray reappeared right behind him and shot him in the back. He collapsed and coughed out dirty blood.

"Hmm, I think for a lazy person you talk way too much," Lily smirked with pride.

Incubus burst out laughing, along with Kerubiel. Abaddon stood and clenched his fists:

"You are quite cunning, little woman. I feel too lazy to continue this stupid little fight. Let's get serious!"

He glowed red and grew in size. He turned into a large monster with claws, big jaws and two pairs of horns. Lily was shocked - such an ugly monster! Her husband was at least handsome in his skeleton form! What the heck of a beast was this?

"Now then," Abaddon growled in a demonic voice, having completely lost his human tone, "Let us fight like real demons! I shall let you face me in my supreme form - the Prince of Sloth!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 83 37
[CURRENTLY BEING H E A V I L Y REVISED AS A NEAR COMPLETE DIFFERENT STORY] "Over a millennia ago, before the portals to the Earth were sealed off, th...
82 16 7
In the ethereal realms beyond mortal perception, a guardian angel named Sylas was assigned a sacred duty just like all other guardian angels- to watc...
10.1K 488 59
You're the graduate of Night Raven Academy, a unisex college that is known for taking in both magicless and gifted students. On the the day of the gr...
32.3K 2.4K 89
Highest Ranking: #42 in Fantasy (Nov 2019),#65 in Paranormal (Feb 2018)....God has sent watchers, a powerful set of warrior angels, to earth to track...