Darker Than Love | ๊ชœ

By XFiction_GoddessX

Previously known as The Good Girls Bad Boy. Highest Ranking: #2 in Short-story Michelle White, the 'good gir... More

Darker Than Love| Extended Synopsis, copyright, trailer
Darker Than Love| Cast
Darker Than Love
Darker Than Love | 1
Darker Than Love | 2
Darker Than Love | 3
Darker Than Love | 4
Darker Than Love | 5
Darker Than Love | 6
Darker Than Love | 8
Darker Than Love | 9
Darker Than Love | 10
Darker Than Love | 11
Darker Than Love | 12
Darker Than Love | 13
Darker Than Love | 14
Darker Than Love | 15
Darker Than Love | 16
Darker Than Love | 17
Darker Than Love | 18
Darker Than Love | 19
Darker Than Love | 20
Darker Than Love | 21
Darker Than Love | 22
Darker Than Love | 23
Darker Than Love | 24
Darker Than Love | 25
Darker Than Love | 26
Darker Than Love | 27
Darker Than Love | 28
Darker Than Love | 29
Darker Than Love | 30
Darker Than Love | 31
Darker Than Love | 32
Darker Than Love | 33
Darker Than Love | 34
Darker Than Love | 35
Darker Than Love | 36
Darker Than Love | 37
Darker Than Love | 38
Darker Than Love | 39
Darker Than Love | 40
Darker Than Love | 41
Darker Than Love | 42
Darker Than Love | 43
Darker Than Love | 44
Darker Than Love | 45
Darker Than Love | 46
Darker Than Love | 47
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Famous Mason Quotes
Bonus Chapter #2
Facts about this book
ANNOUNCEMENT
Update + upcoming plans

Darker Than Love | 7

33.1K 1.1K 432
By XFiction_GoddessX

Michelle's POV

It's been two weeks, two entire weeks that I haven't heard a word from Mason even though he lives under the same house as me. Why? I have no idea.

He avoided me like a plague. Eating beforehand so we wouldn't have to bump into one another at breakfast, lunch or dinner. He'd leave the house an hour before me or after me so we wouldn't meet up in the foyer or at school in the morning.

The same damn school that I was the one to give him a tour around. And apparently he now befriended the entire football team, which much to my dismay includes Damien.

You've got to be kidding me.

I mean, I'm the one who's supposed to be avoiding him! He admitted to knowing about me before we even met. It could have a simple explanation, but the ways he worded it seemed like he knew more about me than others did.

I'm the one who's supposed to be crept out, but yet still he's the one avoiding my presence.

I tried speaking to him a few times, but he acted like I didn't exist. It hurt a bit because over the span of two weeks I took a liking to him. I mean after that kiss how could I not have feelings for him? I've never felt this way before and it's not something I can just shut off.

I know I'm crazy for saying that, but you can't deny the fact that there's something called love at first sight. I don't love him, but. . .whatever.

Ever since that kiss I've literally been falling hard. I can't explain it, but Mason seems different from your stereotypical guys. He may be a bad boy which is cliche, but there's more to him than the brooding bad boy with mood swings.

He was. . . unique in a way I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Just the dose of medicine I need.

I groaned deeply, my eyes trained on the sum that I've been going over again and again, but yet still I couldn't form the numbers in my head and write it down on the damn book. "Need help?" Sasha asked when she realized the struggle I was enduring.

"Yes, please! I hate algebra, it's just so. . .ugh." I shuddered. She giggled softly and leaned over my seat, her eyes finding the sum in my book. "Don't dwell on it for too long, just move on to the next equation."

I flipped the page, expecting to find something easier, but it was exactly like the last, difficult. "It's the same freaking thing!" I exclaimed loudly, my voice rising an octave higher to the point where I drew in attention.

"Is there a problem miss White?" Mr Stillinski asked, his annoyed expression fixated on me as he slapped his pencil against his desk impatiently.

The class turned their attention to me, everyone's eyes were boring through mine and I couldn't help but snap from frustration. "Yes, I have a problem Mr Stillinski. My problem is this damn class, I–I don't understand any of this shit that won't benefit me in my future job, what so ever so screw this!"

"Well, Miss, if you have a problem with that you might as well exit my class." He replied nonchalantly, and yet I could hear the impatience and annoyance in his voice.

I kept my cold gaze interlocked with his, and I could have sworn he fidgeted or squirmed a little from how intensely I was staring at him. But all good things need to come to an end, so with that I snapped my head away from him, flipped my book open once again and acted like nothing just happened.

A shuddering, nervous breath escaped his lips, and I smirked in satisfaction. Guess I knew how to tick my teacher's gears. "What the hell, Michelle?!" Sasha hissed as she smacked me on the arm harshly.

"What? you can't blame a girl for not understanding math." I shrugged nonchalantly.

After the remaining twenty minutes of class, the bell finally chimed, indicating that the torture was finally over. I got up from my chair and quickly stalked out of the class with Sasha in tow. "Hey do you remember that guy who approached me at the party?" She suddenly asked.

"Yeah why?"

"He goes to school here! Turns out he's also in the juvenile delinquency program and I think he said something about being friends with Mason, I mean I see them together all the time so they're most likely best friends."

"Uhm do you really wanna get mixed up with a delinquent?" I asked with a nervous chuckle. "Don't ask me questions that you're supposed to be asking yourself." She replied, her brows arched rather highly.

She knows me too damn well. "Anyway, here's your lover boy now." She whispered, her eyes trailing away from me and down the hallway. I followed her gaze and indeed saw Mason standing with the mysterious guy from the party. And god, did he look hot in his uniform. I mean, who could rock this better than Mason himself?

I mean, he did spice it up by wearing ripped jeans and not including the ridiculous red tie around his neck. No one, not even Damien dared to violate the schools dress code and Mason just defied two, even if it was small, suspension isn't a great deal around here and the fact that he doesn't care is what makes it hot.

And then, like a scene straight out of a movie his eyes met mine and then even from where I stood I could see them trailing up and down my body and maybe it was from embarrassment or something else but I could also feel the heat radiating off my body.

I returned the gesture by assessing his fit and admiring his tense muscles that clung to his shirt tightly and tattoos that trailed down the bare part of his arms not covered by his shirt. "Can you two stop undressing each other in public?" Sasha chuckled loudly.

I snapped my gaze away from Mason and looked down at her since she was a bit short before scowling. "Don't speak foolishness, child."

I averted eye contact with her, expecting to find Mason still standing there, but he was gone. "Uhm, I'll see you at lunch?" I murmured, spinning on my heels to acknowledge Sasha, but she was gone as well.

Oh wow, just what I needed.

I lazily dragged my feet to my next class, dreading to see Mason there as well.

I strolled into class three minutes late and ignored the nasty glare that Mrs Patriot sent at me. "You're late!" She snapped in annoyance. Geez, I'm pissing off a lot of teachers today.

"And I have brain cells!" I snapped back, taking her a little off guard to which she flinched and widened her eyes in astonishment. Yeah, no shit, I'm late! I can see that Sherlock.

I rolled my eyes then strolled to the back of the class far away from Mason, I must get him to spill the beans on what he knows about me but if he doesn't wanna talk to me now, then I shouldn't push him.

All that will do is make matters worse.

I placed my chin in my hand and dozed off into my mind of nothingness as Mrs Patriot blabbered on about Christopher Columbus and his history of lies.

I didn't miss the few glances Mason sneaked once in a while. He appeared as if he were contemplating on whether or not to do something, and I knew he was coming around, slowly. I am irresistible.

Eventually he'll tell me what association he has with Kaleb because that's the only reasonable explanation as to why he's heard something about me and if he's threatening to spill my horrific past to this entire town.

Soon the bell rang, and I was out of the class faster than a snail.

See what I just did there? No?. . .okay.

~~~

"Michelle White to the principal's office, Michelle principal's office." The principle's voice blared down the intercom.

"What's the problem now?" I muttered to myself as I hopped out of my seat and ignored the mummers and stares. I strolled down the hallway and into the principal's office where Mason, the mysterious party guy and seven other students stood surrounding the office.

"What's going on here?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. "Now that everyone's here, I can finally tell you all about the camping trip that the juvenile delinquent's program is hosting for our new exchange students and their partners!"

Excuse me? "Uhm a camp for what?" Someone asked.

The principal took a deep breath before crossing her hands in front of the desk impatiently. "I've realized that you guys aren't doing your job at making these kids feel at home and welcomed." She said, narrowing her eyes at us and especially me.

"Excuse me, but Mason here decided that he'd avoid me at all costs, so how am I supposed to show someone who doesn't even wanna talk to me around the school and this god-forsaken town!?" I exclaimed loudly.

I glanced at him for a brief moment and nearly caught my heart in my throat when he smirked. Do you believe in love at first sight?

Well, that's exactly what's happening to me, I don't want to be in love but eh it's gonna happen sooner or later even if I don't want it too.

Well, I guess saying it this nonchalantly shows me how crazy I sound.

"That's not an excuse, dear, and because of that particular fact I'll be setting up the camp." She smiled brightly.

What is with her and her always happy mood.

It's really starting to freak me out. I mean, someone can't be that happy about their job and life.

Right?

"So you're telling me I have to be on a camp with this girl?" He muttered in disgust, his eyes never finding mine. "Yes, and you'll be sharing a tent!" She smiled.

Is this allowed!?

"What?!" mysterious party guy shouted, his hands flailing over his head in exasperation. "Calm down Kaden!"

Kaden? That sounds way too close for comfort. Sounds a lot like Kaleb. "I don't want to share a tent with a dude!" He shouted in horror, his hands flying towards Sebastian.

"I'm offended." He scoffed, his hands flipping his imaginary hair. Kaden stared at him with a horrified expression, then flickered his gaze back on the principal with pleading eyes. "He's Gay!" He cried out.

The entire room burst into a fit of laughter despite the tension which was radiating off of everyone who didn't exactly want to participate in this."No disrespect, but I don't wanna share a tent with her." Mason shook his head with an unwavering expression on his face.

"I'll share a tent with her." Kaden smirked as he eyed me up and down like a lion staring at its prey.

"I'll be willing to share a tent with her as well." Another guy I didn't recognize exclaimed after Kaden.

What is with this generation of guys? "Okay then if Mason doesn't want to share a room with miss White then Kaden will."

Does she even realize the sexual advance he just pushed on me? She literally just sold me as bait, and she didn't even realize it.

I mean I'm not complaining or anything but I am looking forward to some one on one time with Mason to get some answers out of him.

He flicked his tongue out of his mouth and rolled it over his lips as he rubbed his hands together as if I were the last slice of pizza in a box.

"I don't–"

"I don't think that's a good idea! On second thought, I'll share a tent with her, I don't want that horny bastard making advances on her." Mason growled lowly, his eyes narrowed to slits as he glared at me.

I smiled at the thought of his sudden burst of jealousy. Or was he? If he didn't care about me he'd let me share a tent with Kaden.

"Damn it!" Kaden swore loudly, but I could see the glint of amusement behind his voice as he shared a look with Mason.

"Well then, it's settled, the trip is from Friday to Sunday so get packing!"

"Wait! But tomorrow's Friday!" Sebastian exclaimed.

"And that's exactly why you should go home and get packing my darlings, we have a very long weekend ahead of us."

"Now scurry off!" She shooed. I groaned deeply and lazily pivoted on my heels and exited the office with the other students in tow behind me.

"Hey!" Mason called from behind me. A smile stretched on my face when I turned around to face his passive and stoic - expressionless face. My smile immediately faltered when he dropped the next bomb onto me. "Don't flatter yourself too much Michelle, I'm only tolerating you because Kaden's an ass. So don't talk to me, don't breathe next to me d–" I cut him short, my hands before his face as I shook my head rather slowly.

"Listen mister I think I'm a bad boy and I'm too gloomy and mad to act like a normal human being—" I spat as I pointed a finger at his chest accusingly.

His expressionless face faltered for a moment and I could see a tinge of disbelief crack its way through his eyes, but before I could fully comprehend it they snapped back to being hard and distant.

But I saw it Mason. . . I saw the slip up.

"—You are the one who shouldn't flatter themselves. There's nothing about sleeping in the same tent as you that's exciting, so to think that it would flatter me is really out of your league." I smiled in triumphant when something close to shock and disbelief flickered across his features.

He cocked one of his eyebrows and kept his intense gaze locked onto me, never breaking it, not even making the move subtle enough that I'd think he was staring at the wall behind me. 

For the next twenty seconds all we did was stare at one other with menacing glares. But behind those deadly gazes was something I couldn't fathom. I flinched when I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips, then quickly back to my eyes.

And then he suddenly gripped the nape of my neck, dragged me towards him and dipped his head down so his eyes met mine and before I could let out a squeak, he pressed his lips against mine in a chaste kiss and then pulled away with a smile.

"I like you." He muttered in what appeared to be confusion before he pivoted on his heels and marched down the hallway, away from me without turning to look back.

My mouth hung low in astonishment and the palpitation of my heart was rapid enough to send me into cardiac arrest. Staring at the place he stood moments ago, I raised my hands to my lips and chuckled.

"What the–"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2M 433K 65
๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ. ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ง๐š๐ข๐ฏ๐ž. ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐จ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ค๐ž๐ฒ ๐ญ...
350K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
94.4K 1.3K 31
Enemies to loversโค๏ธ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
3.8M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...