Dope Boy Ambitions 3

By laila_duhh

Read Dope Boy Ambitions before reading! More

Prologue: Dope Boy Ambitions 3
A Fresh Start
Home Is Where The Heart Is
True Colors
Reincarnated
Too Deep
Oh Baby
Caught Between A Rock, And A Hard Place
Wake Up Call
Spilling The Beans
Nobodys Perfect
Little Do You Know
Piggly Wiggly
Connect The Dots
Playing With Fire Will Get You Burned
Wild Goose Chase
Red-Handed
Dirty Laundry
Bait Baby
Signing A Deal With The Devil
Chicago, We Have A Problem
Anonymous
Inside Man
Bringing The Bacon Home
Ahead Of The Game
On A Roll
Playing It Safe
Love & Hate
Bloody Knuckles
King Kong
A Dangerous Game
Whose It Gonna Be
Dope Boy Ambition 3 Finale: Crown Me King
Sneak Peak! DBA 4
DOPE BOY AMBITIONS FOUR

Oh Happy Day

79.3K 1.9K 4.5K
By laila_duhh

Two long months later...

Monica

"Aye baby wake up. We're here." The feeling of being shook caused me to open my eyes and look around at the beautiful scenery that surround us.

"Finally. I've been holding my pee every since we got off the plane." Miracle slid the back door of the van open and the three of them escaped the backseat.

"Thank you sir." King payed the van driver then came over to my side and helped me out.

There a man stood waiting to collect our luggage. "Welcome to Africa." He said bowing for us then handed us all tour guides and a map of all the places we could visit while at the resort.

"Follow me." The man said after putting all our luggage onto a rolling cart. He lead us inside the nice hotel resort that had a gold water fountain sitting right in the middle. There was a buffet to the left that contained many varieties of foods along with a ball room and excise room. To the right there was a hair salon, nail shop, indoor pool and most importantly a spa.

"Mmm." Jr licked his lips looking at the food that had just been prepared and was about to be served. He was about to head over there until I held him back.

"Not yet."

"Man auntie." He smacked his lips.

We continued to follow the gentleman showing us to the room we would be staying in.

"Here we are." He said then unlocked a room to a suite.

"Oh my goodness." Miracle walked inside and looked around at how huge it was. It contained a kitchen, three couches, a king sized bed, and walk in closets. It was almost like a small apartment.

"There is another room connected for privacy." The man informed opening the door across the room that had a queen sized bed along with a twin sized next to it. That would be the kids room.

"If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call room service or go down to the lobby." The man gave us a smile then exited the room leaving our bags by the door.

"I got dibs on the queen sized bed." Miracle jumped onto the bed.

"Nah. Gone head and get on the little one." Jr pushed her off.

"Alright now. Don't start that arguing shit. I had to listen to that the entire way here." King fussed at the two of them. "We're on vacation. I don't want to be fussing the whole time. So squash the beef and get along."

"Yes sir." They both said.

King thought it would be nice to kick back and relax and take a vacation. With the kids being out for summer break it was perfect. Besides this vacation was long overdue.

"Woah this room is huge." CJ said.

"Too bad you won't be sleeping in it." King pulled him right back.

I cracked a laugh. CJ has been living with us these past two months. We thought it was best since he didn't have any kind of relationship with his biological parents. This would keep him outta the streets. We make sure him and Miracle are kept separated most of the time.

He graduated high school last month and is heading to college in the fall. King even offered to pay for his tuition which was quite shocking.

"Dad please! You let CJ come in my room when we're at home." Miracle pouted.

"That's because the door stays open, and plus we're not at home right now."

"King. Leave them alone. It's their vacation too."

"Fine. Keep the door open and keep those hands to yourself." He told them then walked back over to me.

I sat down gently on the bed and King began to take my sandals off my fat feet gently massaging them.

"How you feeling?"

"Exhausted."

My phone rung indicating someone was calling. I picked it up seeing Sheri was FaceTiming me. I slid the button over to the right answering her call.

"Hey ma." King put his face in the camera.

"Hello?" Sheri put the phone up to the ear. We got her an iPhone and she still doesn't know how to use it.

"No ma. It's FaceTime."

Sheri took the phone away and looked at it seeing King's face. "Oh look at there. These smart phones do so much."

King and I laughed.

"Did you all make it safely?" Sheri questioned.

"Yea. The plane ride went smoothly. We're at the resort now."

"Well that's good."

"Where's Nick?" King asked still looking at the phone.

Sheri flipped the camera showing Nick in the kitchen cooking noodles. "Wassup y'all." Nick waved at the camera.

"Hey! We miss you already big head." I said smiling.

We had to leave Nick at home for this trip simply because the case has yet to be dropped. Even though the cops aren't swarming the area like they use to we wanted to be safe.

"I miss y'all too. Do me a favor and bring me a plate back. I always wanted to taste African food."

"No. Hungry ass." King said.

Dr. Jax's name traveled across the top of the screen.

"Guys I have another call trying to come through. We'll call you guys tomorrow. Bye love you."

"Bye. We love you too."

I hung up the call with them and answered Dr. Jax's call and put the phone up to my ear pushing my hair out the way.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon Monica. I know you're on vacation sorry for calling. I'm just checking to see if everything was going okay."

"Yes sir. Everything is fine. No pains just a little swelling."

"Well that's normal." He informed.

Dr. Jax told me that it wasn't best to fly since I was having stomach pains here and there. But I insisted on going. I'm five months almost six. He told me that I might not make it to the full nine months simply because of the way I've been handling myself.

"While you're out there try to stay away from any seafood. And do not get a massage. That could induce labor."

I sighed.

"Anything else is fine."

"Okay thanks for checking up doc."

"No problem. Have a good day."

"You too." I hung up and fell back on the bed rubbing my huge stomach. "I'm so ready for this to be over."

King kissed my forehead and held me close to him. "Don't worry baby. Lil man will be here soon." He comforted me then got up walking inside the bathroom.

I smiled. I found out I was having a boy last month and it was an amazing feeling. I haven't told Carter yet though. I only talk to him here and there just to confirm our deal that we made two months ago.

He's left us alone and everything's been peaceful. Hopefully it will stay that way, but with this family I know it won't.

King grabbed my hand pulling me up. I wobbled inside the bedroom to see he had fixed a bubble bath with roses. Candles surround the tub and it looked so relaxing.

"Awe King." I put my hand over my chest feeling tears.

"Damn. Stop being so emotional." He wiped under my eyes.

"I can't help it."

He helped me out of my clothes and helped me inside. The water was warm and it felt good against my bare skin. King handed me a wine glass filled with apple juice. Afterwards he got inside the tub sitting across from me.

"This is nice." I told him taking a sip of the fruity juice.

"It gets better." He clicked a button on the side of the tub and bubbles began to form in the tub. The floor vibrated under us making a massaging sensation. It was almost like a jacuzzi.

"This is exactly what we needed." We clinked glasses then shared a kiss.
*

*

*

King

"Alright wake up! Wake up!" I pulled the covers off of CJ and Miracle.

"Aye man get up." I told CJ who slept on the floor next to Miracle's bed.

"I'm up." He groaned and stretched.

"Miracle! Wake up baby girl we got a entire day ahead of us."

She rose up and yawned scratching her head. "School's out and you're still waking me up early. So much for a vacation."

I chuckled and shook Jr wildly. He was the hardest to get up. "Nickolas Jr!"

"Hm."

"Alright. Guess you don't want breakfast."

He shot up. "Breakfast?"

I laughed. "Everybody get dressed! We're heading downstairs for breakfast. It ends at nine so we're pushing time. Wear something cool it feels like hell outside." I told the crew before returning to my room seeing Mo struggling to put on her sundress.

"Need some help?"

"Yes please."

I took her hair out the back of her dress and pulled it down for her at the back.

"Thanks."

"No problem ma."

Monica sighed and sat on the bed slipping her feet into some flip flops.

"I think I'm gonna eat breakfast and come back up to the room."

I combed her hair up into a messy bun. That's the only thing I really knew how to do.

"Nah baby. Come on out and enjoy the day with us."

"I don't know King. I'm so tired and I'm having small contractions."

"How about you come and if the pain gets to bad I'll bring you back?"

"Okay fine."

"Good." I kissed the side of her face and handed her her purse along with her shades.

"Y'all ready?" I asked the kids putting my watch on my wrist.

"Yea we are. But of course Miracle isn't." CJ said brushing his waved down with a hard bristle brush.

"Of course she isn't. When is she ever ready on time?" I sighed and took a seat.

We waited twenty more minutes for Miracle and she finally came out the room in some shorts, and a PINK t-shirt that read vacation ready. She wore her puffy hair in two braids and she had on white sandals that matched her shirt.

"You already know what I'm about to say." I told her.

"I knew it was coming." She went back in the room and came back out with a long skirt on.

"Much better. Let's go."

We left the room and went downstairs to the lobby filled with many people.

"What you want?" I asked Monica sitting her down at a table.

"Uh. Eggs and bacon. And fruit of course."

"Coming up." I went over to the buffet and fixed what Mo had asked for. While fixing her plate I got a call from Nick.

"Wassup lil bro." I grabbed another plate for me.

"Hey. What y'all up to?"

"Nothing much. We're getting breakfast right now. Then afterwards we're going on a tour."

"Sounds good."

Nick stayed on the phone for a couple more minutes until I hung up getting ready to eat.

Jr came back to the table with two plates full of breakfast. "I didn't know what I wanted so I got a little bit of everything."

"We see." I said and dug into the hot delicious food.

While eating I looked over at Mo seeing her holding the bottom of her stomach.

"You ight?"

"I don't know what's going on with baby boy. Maybe it's the eggs that's upsetting him." She put her fork down  and wiped her mouth.

"You need to go back to the room?"

"No. I think I can manage it."

Monica

After finishing up breakfast we were on way to the tour of the jungle.

I wasn't gonna lie I was in a lot of pain but I didn't want to spend our entire trip in the hotel room. So I toughened up and took the pain.

The Jeep came and picked us up at the front of the resort. I was skeptical about getting inside because it looked unsafe. It didn't have any doors nor windows.

"Come, come. And explore da' wonders of da' jungle." The women said persuading us to get on.

I got in the passenger seat while King and the others got in the back. She took off slowly heading for the dirt trail. The many trees surrounding us kept us cool so that was good.

"To da' left you will see da' lions den. They aren't really out in da' daytime." She informed speaking in her deep accent.

"Good. Let's keep going." King said looking around making sure none were heading this way.

"Scary cat." I looked back at.

"Who not afraid of lions? They'll each you alive and not even care."

I laughed and put my attention back on the tour.

I took pictures as she drove along. It only lasted thirty minutes. It wasn't really a tour if you ask me. Just a bunch of dirt and trees. But we did get to see a couple of harmless animals such as giraffes and zebras. We also got to feed some of them. Overall I enjoyed the environment.

"That was fun, but can we go to the beach now please?" Miracle begged holding CJ's hand.

"Yea go ahead." King told them and Jr followed behind.

"Can we go back to the hotel now?" I fanned myself pouring a little bit of water on my chest trying to cool off.

"Baby we just getting started." King chuckled and grabbed my hand.

I sighed. "We ate then we went on the tour. That was all planned for today besides the dinner tonight."

"I might've planned some extra for us." King led me around the corner where a helicopter was parked in the grass.

"What the hell is this."

"We going for a ride baby." King grabbed both of my hands.

"Uh uh. No." I shook my head disagreeing.

"Baby come on man."

"No King. It was hard enough getting on the plane but now you want me in that small ass helicopter? I think not."

"Bae please. After this we can do whatever you wanna do. Even if it's going to the nail salon and getting our toes done." He said and I couldn't do anything but laugh at his goofiness.

"Okay okay. After this, that's it. I mean it."

"You got it mama." He helped me get inside the helicopter. After we were both secured in our seats the pilot took off into the air.

"I don't know why I let your ass talk me into this." I felt my breakfast trying to come up.

"It's alright I got you." King put his arms around me and held my hand.

I took deep breaths and the fear as well as the nausea went away when the helicopter was in steady motion.

"Remember our first kiss?"

I looked at King and laughed. "Of course I do. I lied and said it was a accident when it obviously wasn't."

"You know you was digging me. Knowing you couldn't resist ya' boy." He dusted his shoulders being cocky.

"Says the boy who came crawling back to me." King laughed and I did to.

"I use to do you so wrong."

"Mhm. You still do."

"Hush." He said mushed my head. "But I'll never forget the day ma brought you home. I'm not going to lie i instantly thought you were a pretty chick."

"Oh really? Couldn't tell."

"Yea I know I was kind of rude and mean."

"Kind of!? That's an understatement. I couldn't even say goodnight without you getting a attitude."

"I don't know why I was like that though. Guess I was trying to wash away the feelings I had for you."

"Mhm. If you say so."

"I'll never forget the day I told you I loved you." King said as I laid my head on the chest listening as he went down memory lane.

"I'll never forget the day you took my virginity in the back of your car."

"Damn. We was some wild teens."

"Tell me about it."

It got silent for awhile then King cleared his throat. "Mo you've done so much for me. Took care of my kids when I couldn't. Dealt with my crazy ass ex when I should've been the one to do that. Put up with all my shit. And most of all stood by side when no one else was did. I thank you for that." I heard King sniff.

I looked up at him and saw his eyes watering.

"Are you crying?"

"Nah. It's just really hot in here."

"The lies you tell." I said and we both shared a laughed

"I love you Monica."

"I love you too." I gave him a smile then felt the helicopter swerve back and forth.

"What the hell is going on." I held onto my seat.

"I don't know. Maybe the weathers getting bad. Why don't you see." King said.

I unbuckled my seat belt and scooted over towards the window. As soon as I looked outside I noticed we were flying over the beach. Once I looked down the oxygen was really taken from my lungs. It was honestly breathtaking.

There written in the sand in big letters were "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

I turned around and saw King holding a ring in his hands. He had a tear slowly rolling down his face as he sat there trying not to bawl in front of me.

I couldn't breath nor could I talk. All I could do was stare in disbelief. I thought I was going to pass out at any moment.

The helicopter landed on the beach and King got off helping me out as well.

He got on one knee and looked up with me with his glossy eyes. "Monica Janelle Monroe will you marry me?"

I covered my mouth and shook my head yes as the tears released running down my face. King slipped the ring on my fingers and stood up kissing me. I grabbed his face and kissed him back while smiling in between.

I saw a flash go off in the corner of my eye.

"What a wonderful picture. Don't you think Nick?"

"I think so indeed, Morg."

My head turned seeing Morgan and Nick standing there dressed in all while as well as Sheri, Jr, Miracle, and CJ.

"King?"

"Wassup ma." He held my waist grinning.

"Am I going insane or is Morgan standing there with Nick?"

"You ain't crazy baby." He smirked.

I covered my mouth once again and closed my eyes.

"Stop crying and hug me bitch." Morgan held her arms out and pulled me inside her arms. I was still in shock this moment was so overwhelming .

"I don't believe this." I said.

"Believe it boo. Your man here or shall I say fiancé." Morgan put her hand on King's back. "Bailed me outta jail. I had a second trial and pleaded innocent this time."

"Oh my goodness. Y'all gone mess around and make my water break." I laughed wiping my eyes.

King wiped his face free from tears as well.

"Damn sis. You made my bro cry. That's how you know the love is real." Nick joked.

I laughed. "How did you get here Nick. Knowing damn well you're suppose to be in hiding."

"You right, Nick couldn't come. But Mike could." He gave me a wink and I shook my head.

After a couple more hugs and tears we made our way back to the resort to hang out and catch up.

"Girl you are huge." Morgan grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Tell me about it." I grabbed grapes from the fruit table.

"So who's in there." She rubbed her hand over my stomach.

"Baby Aden Jace Henderson." I smiled popping a grape in my mouth. I refused to give my son Carter's last name. King was actually happy that I was giving him his name.

"Awww! It's a boy?"

"Yup."

Morgan bent down to my stomach and began talking to him. "Listen here little boy. Even though I don't like your bitch ass daddy imma love you! Imma be the best auntie I can be as long as I'm living."

"Awe how sweet." I said sarcastically.

She giggled and bit into her strawberry.

Loud commotion behind us caused us to turn seeing a man standing on the stage in front of the dinner tables.

"Attention attention everyone." He tapped on the glass causing everyone in the dining area to stop talking and listen.

"We want to recognize and congratulate the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Henderson." The man said turning the spotlight on me and King. Slowly soothing music began to play.

King came over and grabbed my hand leading me in front of the room.

"Whoooo! Yea! That's my sis and brother!"

"Nick don't say that out loud." Morgan told him.

"Oh yea. I forgot."

Everyone in the room cheered and congratulate us. I gave them all smiles and thanked them as well.

We took our seats with the family and began to eat the dinner that was served to us.

"Morgan I'm so glad you're back." I cut my steak.

"Girl im so glad to be back." She said sounding relieved. "But let's focus on you and King."

"To Monica and Kingston." Morgan raised her glass in the air. We all clinked our glasses together and continued eating.

I looked around at everyone at the table smiling. My heart finally feels complete. I couldn't be happier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hood Love By _creeeee

General Fiction

386K 8.6K 60
First Urban Fiction 😍😍😍 Rock with me as I try this So I'm going to be editing this book now ❤️
24.2K 499 59
Read to find out❤️ VERY FIRST BOOK VOTE AND COMMENT
1.5M 59.2K 26
Sequel to "The Game" don't read this if you haven't read "The Game" Ace and Lauren our back. New characters come in bringing in new drama. A big bom...
8.9K 88 37
Follow Desire on her journey dealing with Jealously, Love and betrayal. This is the first book that I've completed, it's a few years old yall but I p...