Ghost In Love

By purescent_

Highest Ranking : #30 in Mystery/Thriller (16/6/2018) #35 in Creepy Category (17/10/2018) GRAND WINNER OF TH... More

PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
LAST CHAPTER
EPILOGUE
H

EIGHT

1.1K 79 111
By purescent_

Dedicated to my lovely whistlelotto 💟💟💟

🔍

Joanne POV

"Dad." I calls out weakly before stifling a yawn.

The shower didn't help me to freshen up at all.
I was much sleepier after I took a bath.
My bad.

I should have take cold shower instead of warm shower.

"Downstairs, Jo!" Dad yelled loudly.

I walk downstairs groggily.
Do you know the feeling when you want to sleep badly but you couldn't?

I am on the verge of crying out of frustration just because I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Baekhyun keep talking to me all night and when he finally left my room around 7.00 AM, Mom gets into my room and wakes me up.

Mom is full of determination and energy.
She wouldn't leave me alone until I get up and take a bath.

As soon as I went downstairs, Dad slightly jumped on the sofa with my appearance.
To be honest, I looks like a possessed girl when I am frustrated.

"Begone, evil!" He shouted with a remote control on his hand, pointing at my direction.

"Dad!" I groaned groggily while Dad burst into tiny giggles.

"Why are you so grumpy today, Jo?" Dad asked in soft tone.
"I didn't get enough sleep." I whined and Dad winced at my words.

For a second, I thought he will feel bad for me but,
As expected, I am wrong.

"What's wrong? You couldn't stop thinking about Namjoon, is it? I noticed that he had gotten much handsome than before." Dad said in playful tone and winked at me.

"I didn't like him, Dad!" I exclaimed.

Dad snorted.

"Oh yeah, you don't like him. You're just obsessed with him!" Dad emphasized the word 'obsessed'.

"Obsessed?!" I asked in disbelief.

"You take photos of him inside my phone, Jo. Do you remember that?" Dad asked.

"It's like hundreds of them." He added.

Of course, I remember it.
I had to take photos of Namjoon using Dad's phone because I didn't have one.

"No! I don't remember!" I huffed as I turns away.

"Suit yourself." Dad said in between his laughs.
"I'm serious, Dad. I couldn't sleep." I pouted.

Dad frowned when he sees my face.
He patted my head gently.

"Don't make that sad face. That sad face reminds me whenever I went for outstation years ago." Dad said.

"That's different." My lips puckered.

"Now, go eat breakfast to freshen up!"

"Where is Mom?" I asked while I went into the kitchen.
"She's out with Jeremy. She says she wants a mother and son day out."

"Don't you have to go to work today?"

"I got a day off today."

I nodded before I make myself a sandwich and poured milk into a glass.

"Should we get out for father and daughter day out? What do you think?" Dad suggested with a wide grin.
"Sure. Where are we going?" I asked.

"Hmm.." Dad tapped his chin using his index finger.

Suddenly, Dad's phone rings.
He turns his back to me and get his phone.

He stand up almost abruptly once he answered the call.
As he turns around, I could see his eyes sparked in excitement.
His free hand curls into loose fist, indicating he is indeed excited of something.

"What?!" Dad yelled. "You got a clue?! That's awesome, man! I know you can do it!"

"Yes, yes. We could meet in evening, around 5.00 o'clock. I want to spend time with my daughter today."

My heart warms when I heard that.
No matter how busy he is, he always find time to spend it with his family.
And that's why he's my idol.

"Who is that?" I pepped in once he ends the call.

"Detective Kang, he's one of my work partner. We'll meet him after we spend time together." Dad answered.
"Which case are you handling now? I haven't heard any news related to crimes in this town."

"Well, I am handling cases that we classified as X-files cases." Dad replied.
"X-files cases? You meant unsolved cases?"

"Yes, in other words, I am handling Byun Baekhyun's case. The higher officer are looking forward for me to solve it so I will solve it!" Dad said energetically, putting his fist in the air.

My eyes widened in brief second before it narrowed in curious.
How can Dad is investigating about it when the case is officially closed?

"Can you imagine I'm the first detective that will solve this case?"

Do someone tell something about it until the police decided to investigate about the case again?
But who?

"Isn't that case is closed?" I questioned and Dad become puzzled with my question.
"How did you know?"

I pinch my knuckle.

"I'm doing my own research for my essay, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Well, Detective Kang had been investigating on his own before he got me in his team. He is hired by an individual to find any information about Baekhyun. They believe that Baekhyun's dead body is still in this town."

This is great.
With Dad and his friend helping to find information, we might get to know where exactly is Baekhyun's body earlier than we expected.

"So, only two of you working on this case?"

"Yes, for now. It's easier to work with lesser people since you couldn't trust anyone easily." Dad answered, whispering the last word.

"Who is that individual, by the way?"

🔍

"Where do you want to go now?" Dad asked just as soon as we got into the car.

"I thought you have been thinking about it before." I mumbled.

He blinked his eyes cluelessly.

"Well actually, I don't have any idea where to go." He chuckled. "I'm stuck in my office most of times so I didn't get to explore much."

"Hmm, what about the bridge that we used to go before?"

Peace Bridge is the only bridge in the town and situated near the Southern Borderline.
It will takes 35 minutes for us to get there.
Quite far but worth it.

"Sure, let's go!" He chirped.
He typed a message to someone quickly.

"Are you sending a message to Mom?" I asked.
"No, I'm sending a message to Detective Kang. I told him that we are going to Peace Bridge. I heard that his house near there so maybe we can meet up."

"Alright, let's go!"

As Dad drives around the neighborhood, I saw a glimpse of Taehyung watering the plants in front of his house.
His lips is pulled into a frown while Seokjin had his hands on his hips, probably lecturing him.

It took a few minutes until we are out of the neighborhood and onto to the main road.

While he is driving, I noticed that he use a different route based on the signboard.
The road is much smaller and secluded than the usual road.
It is surrounded by tall trees which blocks the sunlight makes the inside darken.

The road used to be my favorite because of the greeny view but now it looks spooky.
I wonder what if I use this route in night.

Suddenly, I saw a dark shadow cross over the road quickly.

"Dad!" I shouted as I hold his knee instantly.

Dad pressed the brake pedal hardly making the car stop with a sharp jerk.
I let out inhuman noise as the seatbelt crushed my neck.

"W-what was that?!" Dad breathed.
The both of us immediately check the surrounding through the window with high alert.

We breath heavily as we tried to find the shadow again.
We are shaken and it could be proven by how my Dad's hand tremble while my palm covered with a thin sheen of sweat.

This becomes weirder.
Ever since I knew about Baekhyun, I had been experiencing weird things.

Or maybe this town had been weird since I left.

"We should just go." My voice barely a whisper and Dad nodded in agreement.

He drives away yet his eyes keep glancing at the rear mirror every 5 seconds.
My gaze glued to the side mirror as my mind floated away again.

It only took a few seconds before my ears heard the tires screech loudly.
Dad had a panicked look on his face as the car losing control.

Suddenly, the car swerved to the left and my head banged against the window painfully while my phone on my hand flew to the windshield.

The car stopped with a jerk right before it could crashed to the lamp post.

"Ouchh.." I rubbed my head and unbuckle my seatbelt instantly.

Dad cursed under his breath and I look at him in shock.
He never cuss out unless it is something so frustrating for him.

"This isn't good!" Dad unlock the door and get out after unbuckle his seat belt.

He bent down and checks the tires.

I was worried and concerned as I get out to make sure everything fine.

"What's wrong?"

"Flat tires. All of them." He answered as he sighed heavily.
The wrinkles around his eyes and the corner of his mouth are evident now.

As I turns around, my eyes caught a small red card plastered on the lamp post.

'OH MECHANIC WORKSHOP
2 KM TO SOUTHERN BORDERLINE
06-334-9978'

"Dad!" I exclaimed, pulls off the card and give it to him.

It makes Dad let out a sigh again but in relief this time.

He dialed the number and a few seconds later, someone picked up the phone.

"Thank God." He muttered with a small smile.
"Can you send your truck to my location?"

As Dad talks to the phone, my eyes roamed the surroundings freely.

I saw that there is lots of thumbnails on the ground about 5 meters away from the car,

As if someone purposely put it.

🔍

"Just for awhile, honey. Sit there and wait, okay?" Dad asked in slow tone and I nodded.
Dad smiled weakly before he walked to the owner of the car workshop, Mr Oh.

I stayed at the bench with clouded mind.
I just couldn't stop thinking of the thumbnails and the shadow.

Does that 'shadow' put those thumbnails on the road?

Suddenly, I heard a noise of tiny metals clatters.
"Ugh!" A guy groaned in frustration as he put down the tools bag and collect all the screws.

One of the screw rolls to my shoe and I get up immediately to help him.

"Here." I said nicely as I handed the screw to the guy.

He is wearing khaki coveralls that most of the mechanic wears these days.
Two black gloves cover his hands up till his wrist as his large hands fumbled to get the screws.

As soon as he lifts his head, I immediately recognized him as one of Baekhyun's friends.

I'm pretty sure his name is,

Oh Sehun.

"You know me?"

"W-what?" I stammered in surprise.

"You said my name earlier." He pointed out, standing straight in front of me.

I bite my upper lips nervously.

'Did I just said that out loud?!'

Oh no!
Think, Joanne.
THINK!

"Well?" Sehun's feet tapped the floor repeatedly.
As if on cue, my hawk eye finally found something.

"Y-your name tag!" I pointed to the small name tag on his right chest.

"O-oh.." He replied in a slow tone.
His cheeks turns slightly red because he thinks it's stupid if I really know him.

"Oh Sehun, hurry up and change all the tires!" Mr Oh shouted.

"Yes!" Sehun shouted back.
His broad shoulder bumps against mine gently as he walks next to me.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my mind.

That's right!
It is the right time to ask about Baekhyun just like Yoongi suggested!

"Uhm.." I cleared my throat.

He continue rolling the new tires to the car as if he didn't hear me.

"S-sehun-ssi.." I calls out.
"What?"

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.
"As you see, I'm busy right now." He replied coldly.

"It's important." I said in clearer tone.
"It's about Baekhyun."

The wrench on his hand dropped instantly.
He turns to me quickly as he stared at me in surprised.

"W-what?" He whispered out, glancing at his father for a moment.
When he noticed that none of our father watching, he get up and move forward to me.

He glanced at me as if I have said something wrong.

"How did you know that name? You just moved here, right?"

And that's all I need to start my acts.

"Actually, Baekhyun oppa is a distant family of mine. His mother and my mother are cousins. I am quite close with Baekhyun when we are young and I felt terrible when I heard what happened to him." I said, putting all my sad expression to be shown.

"Why I didn't saw you at his funeral six years ago?" He blurted.

Crap!
I bite my tongue silently and pinch my knuckle.

"I was sick at that time. It was so serious until I was admitted in the hospital for a month." I lied smoothly, wearing a sad frown on my lips.

I watched his reaction closely.

"I'm sorry." Sehun apologized. "Baekhyun never talked about his distant cousin to me."

"You see..." I paused.
He looks at me.

"I asks my Dad about Baekhyun but he wouldn't tell me anything. Do you have any idea about what happened to him?"

"I-I . ." He sighed.

"I was shock with the news too. I'm sorry but I have no idea even the police couldn't figure out what happened that night. He is fine the last time I met him and later he just disappeared like that."

"The case is closed now and there's nothing we could do unless we have a clue." He added as if he wants to stop us from talking further about Baekhyun.

"How is Baekhyun? I haven't met him for a long time so I couldn't recall many things about him."

"Baekhyun is a funny person. He's always joking around. He-"

"Oh Sehun!" Mr Oh shouted angrily.

"Yes, father!" Sehun immediately turns his back to me and do his work quickly.

"I missed Baekhyun. He didn't deserve this." He said.

But the way he said it is so cold and heartless, as if he didn't meant it.

"Baekhyun's killer will be punished someday." I said.
"Yeah.."

I decided not to disturb Sehun any more longer or Mr Oh will get mad again.
I turned and walks around the workshop.

The workshop is the only shop in this area.
As expected, Southern Borderline surrounded by much more trees.

Suddenly, a rumble of lightning can be heard.

I lifts my head and saw that the once blue sky turns grey.
It's going to rain soon.

As I was watching the trees, I am shaken with a disturbing sight.
A gaps slipped out of my mouth as my heartbeat racing.

I felt as if icy hands clutched my heart, numbing my body in a matter of seconds.

I saw a guy wearing clown mask peeking to see me behind a huge tree about 3 meters away from me.
He cranes his neck to get a better view of me which leaves me unsettle.

Since I am not a fan of clown, it scares the hell out of me with the way the lips outstretched in a wide, creepy smile.

"D-d-"

Shh...

He put his index finger on top of the mask, near the smiling, bloody lips of the clown.

I gulped down anxiously as my legs glued on the road.

He threw a small card to the road.
My gaze glued on the card for awhile before I shifts it back to him.

He slowly crept away, vanished behind tall trees like he was merely my imagination.

But I know it's real, since he left a card for me.

I checked my surroundings to find his presence.
I'm sure he's still here since I could felt someone watching me through the trees.

Yet, I gathered my courage and dragged my legs to the card that is laying on the road.

A touch on my wrist sends goosebumps all over my skin as I flinched back and almost punch whoever touch my wrist.

"I'll take the card." Sehun said, emotionlessly.
It's hard to understand him when I couldn't sense his emotion at all.

"Y-you saw that guy too?!" I questioned in shock.
At least, I'm not the one who saw him.

Without answering my question, Sehun pull out his lighter and put the card on fire,

The card that the guy specially left for me.

————————————————

I hope you guys can sleep if you see the picture of the clown 😂

💬 What do you think about Joanne's 'obsession' towards Namjoon in the past? Is it healthy? 😂

💬 Do you think someone purposely put the thumbnails on the road?

💬 What do you guys think about Sehun? For me, he looks suspicious but more importantly is that he's handsome in this chapter! (Well, he always handsome but yeah) 😂
I pictured him like this ↓ 😂

purescent_ loves her readers 💟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 4.4K 31
HIGHEST RANKING #107 IN HORROR He never thought that someone will found him and see him. He thought he was all alone, but there's a girl that can see...
215K 10.5K 13
[EDITING] Just a typical love story where everything is normal, just kidding a horror X romance story where things aren't quite right. Your doll is y...
68.8K 2.9K 27
๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘’๐‘, ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก, ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘“๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘กโ„Ž, ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก. ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘™๏ฟฝ...
28K 1K 8
When someone is stalking you, it becomes something scary. But when this stalker wants to kill for using something you shouldn't have used, you shoul...