SEVEN

This chapter is dedicated to LhadyRoseAlejo for noticing something suspicious in the previous chapter! Congratulations!  🙌

Third person.

“They are my friends! They wouldn't do this to me!” Baekhyun shouted angrily.
He slammed the drawer shut and lock it straight away.

His eyes shunned in pain and anguish right after Joanne accused his friends hiding something about his disappearance.

“They lied to the police, Baekhyun. They are hiding something!” Joanne stated coldly as she crossed her arms.

“Why do you think your friend wouldn't do something like that to you?”

‘Wrong question.’ She bit her tongue. 

The question triggered Baekhyun as she sounds so cruel.
Baekhyun's anger intensified.
He knew he need to calms down as he turns his back to her before he would start a fight.

Joanne immediately take out her phone and dialed for Yoongi's number.
She could hear it's ringing before Baekhyun spoke out.

“I believe in them. They don't have a motive to kill me. I might had disappeared before we met that night, maybe that's why they didn't tell the police about it.” Baekhyun said, confidently and calmly this time.

“The problem is..” Joanne sighed as her heart softened. “You don't remember anything from that night, right?”

“Yes..” Baekhyun breathed out, his broad shoulder slumped in defeat.

“We can't be so sure. Even if your friends isn't your killer, I believe this is a good start for our investigation.” Joanne said, she could hear Baekhyun sighed loudly. “At least we found something for now. As I said, they may not be the killer but they may knew something about your disappearance.”

“Hello?” Yoongi answered the call.

“Yoongi oppa!”

“What is it?” Yoongi asked in hurried tone.
He had his phone between his ear and his shoulder while his fingers busy typing on the keyboard.
He's currently working at a company which sells computers and other gadgets.

The building of the company is the tallest in Haneul Town which consists of 33 floors.
It is a big achievement for such a small town.

“Yoongi, lower down your voice!” A male voice shouts from across the room.

“Sorry, Jongin sunbaenim!” Yoongi shouted back and Jongin beams a warm smile with a slight nod.

“Yoongi oppa, I have new information now.” Joanne said straightforwardly and heard Yoongi's low gasp.

“W-wait! What?” He asked in low tone, his fingers stop from typing.
He immediately get up from his seat and went to the pantry to get some privacy.