Criminal Lovers [Editing]

By beyqueeen

(Book One) Sade Johnson is a Criminal. Point Blank. And the fact that her own father is a Police Officer does... More

1 | Criminal Lovers (Jacob Perez Love Story)
2 | Crazy in Love.
3 | Emotionally Unstable.
4 | It's 5 O'clock in the Morning.
5 | I Told You So.
6 | Never Lose Hope.
- I need characters (;
- Casting Call Results
7 | Juvenile Boot Camp.
8 | Laugh At My Pain.
9 | I Did It For You.
- Important News! :D
10 | Runaway Love. (1/5)
11 | There's No Me Without You. (2/5)
12 | New Places, New Feelings. (3/5)
13 | The Cycle. (4/5)
14 | Pull The Plug. (5/5)
16 | Morphine.
17 | The Truth Will Set You Free.
18 | Been Through Hell And Back. (1/2)
19 | Number One Girl. (2/2)
- Criminal Minds -

15 | 7 Minutes in Heaven.

10.1K 200 57
By beyqueeen

If you haven't already, read the summary for my new Jacob Perez love story 'Crash Courses in Love' (; 

But this is kind of like the turning point of the story, so things are gonna change. And the first part of this chapter is just explaining to y’all what happened to Sadé  and Jacob. And I also completely forgot that Sadé had a broken leg! Let’s just pretend her leg magically healed, teehee.

________________________________________________________________________________ 

(Jacob's P.O.V.)

"Do you think she'll be okay, Doc?" I nervously chewed down on my bottom lip, something I always did when I was nervous or scared. I closed my eyes, secretly wanted the Doctor to say that everything was going to be fine, but something deep down inside of me told me that he was going to say the exact opposite. And I bet you're questioning what happened, so let me inform you.

After Jeremiah and his crew abandoned me in the forest, allowing me to burn to death, Makayla must've escaped from Juvenile Boot Camp, and somehow found me. I have no idea how she did it, but I’m not going to question it.

Anyhow, somehow I managed to get out safely, but as Makayla pulled me out of the fire, fire caught onto her jacket and well... You should be able to figure out the rest.

The Doctor sighed as he continuously clicked his pen, annoying the hell out of me. "Sorry but at this moment, we don't know. She's in a lot of pain right now, and I'm sure the burns and scars on her body are going to be permanent."

I rubbed my hands all over my face in frustration, this was all my fault. "But we'll do everything we can to saver her, alright?" The Doctor added. I knew he was trying to bring hope alive, but it was not working. At this point, I’m almost sure Makayla’s going to die - and there is nothing I can do about it. I should be the one laying on that hospital bed, not Makayla. She was only trying to help me, and look what that caused. 

"Alright," The Doctor gave me a half smile before he advanced back over to Makayla’s hospital bed, where he began to jot a few more sentences down on his clipboard. And taking that as a cue to leave, I turned on my heels and escorted myself out.

I trudged down the hospital hallways, depression forming inside of me. Although Makayla isn't my favorite person, I still feel sorry for her. The fact that numerous people have been sent to the hospital because of me and my stupid actions, bother me. I can’t fathom why people always have to pay for my mistakes, it’s unfair and I hate it. I guess I’m just going to have to understand that everything I do, is going to lead up to someone ending up in the hospital.

Once I reached the end of the hallway, I began to hear a few voices coming from the hospital room to my right. I leaned in a bit closer, trying to investigate who was talking. The names were on the tip of my tongue, but I just couldn’t out the puzzle pieces together. It sounded like a man and a girl, arguing with a Doctor. I curiously peaked my head through the door, only to see Sadé's father throwing his hands up, clearly annoyed with the Doctor he was arguing with. But once I saw Fatoumata standing next to Sadé's Dad, I burster through the door. "What's going on?" Everyone's head jerked over to my direction, and Fatoumata let out an exaggerated sigh.

She rubbed her temples, “Dammit!” I caught her mumble under her breath.

(Sadé’s P.O.V.)

The sound of Fatoumata and my Father arguing with a Doctor drowned out once I realized that I was no longer laying down on a hospital bed, in a coma - I was now laying on my back, sniffing in the aroma of freshly cut grass, also wondering where the hell I was. The sky was a clear blue color, and the birds chirped loudly as they flew around in the fresh air.

“Sadé!” A deep voice called from behind me.

As a reflex, I jerked my body up, but my back was still facing whoever was talking to me, “Is that you God?” I furrowed my eyebrows together.

The man chuckled, “No. It’s Terrence, you know, your brother.” He laughed, once again.

I looked over my shoulder, and grinned once I saw my older brother Terrence, standing behind me. I jumped up and gave him a tight hug, more than glad to see him. “Terrence!” I shrieked, I hugged him tighter, not wanting to let him go. “Where am I?” I muffled in his neck.

“Heaven.” He simply answered once he let me go.

I gasped, “I died?”

“No, you’re in a coma. You got hit by a car and you’re now hooked up to life support, but thankfully your child didn’t die.”

I choked on my own words, “W-What? C-Child?!”

Terrence nodded, “Yes. Remember you slept with Chresanto? You don’t have a child YET, but you will soon. But back on topic, Fatoumata and your Father are trying to get the Doctors to pull the plug on you.”

I scoffed. I couldn’t believe my Father would do such a thing to his so-called Daughter. But right now, I wasn’t solicitous about that. As weird as it may sound, that’s the least on my mind. What I’m really worried about is the fact that Fatoumata could be my half sister! “Yeah, I know.” I tightened my jaw and clenched my fist, “When you’re in a coma you can hear things, but you can’t say sh-” I stopped my self, remembering that I was in Heaven. “Nothing.”

“Don’t worry about that, though. The Doctors won’t do it, Fatoumata has a criminal record and plus, they have to get consent from your Mother also, and I doubt your Mom is going to allow them to do that to you. You have nothing to worry about. But what I came to tell you was, God sees you struggling. But you need to know that things are going to get better.”

“Um, at this point I highly DOUBT that things will get better. My life is terrible, and I’m starting to think that maybe the Doctors SHOULD pull the plug. I have nothing to live for.”

“No!” Terrence raised his voice, but once he spotted the shocked facial expression that was plastered on my face, he calmed himself down. “Do you know that suicide is the most selfish act ever? I know that your life isn’t the best right now, but you still need to thank God for all the good things he’s done in your life! And if you don’t have anything to thank him for, then at least thank him for waking you up this morning.”

I sighed, Terrence was always very Godly, and when he was alive, he’d always lecture me about Christianity and such.

“But I have to go now, just remember that things are going to get better in life. Just hang in there,” He gave me a small kiss on the forehead before meandering off.

____

Three Weeks Later...

But Terrence was right, ever since that day, things have gotten better... In a way. The Doctors didn’t go through with “pulling the plug”, and when the Doctors found out about what Fatoumata and my Father’s REAL intentions were, they sent Fatoumata back to Juvenile Boot Camp and my Father might have to do some time in jail. 

On the other hand, I found out that Jacob really wasn’t dead, but I was beyond shocked when he told me that Jeremiah tried to burn him to death in a fire. I haven’t heard from Jeremiah since, but I’m sure he’s going to pop up some time soon. 

Fortunately, the Doctors allowed me to leave the Mental Institution, but once I found out that I was pregnant with Roc’s child, it was mandatory for me to leave Juvenile Boot Camp - they wouldn’t allow a pregnant teenager to stay, and now I’m sure all the other girls are going to try to get pregnant, just so they can leave, also. HA! How funny is that?

And due to the fact that Chresanto is the Father of my child, he was told to leave Juvenile Boot Camp also, but surprisingly, he refused - most likely knowing that living with me was going to make Fatoumata hate him even more than she already does now. But being the gentleman - or semi-gentleman - he is, Jacob stepped up and offered to live with me so he could take care of me and the child that was soon to come in nine months.

But Officer Cade must’ve been feeling generous, because she had also rented Jacob and I a small apartment. And although the apartment is located in the very dangerous part of town - I’m not complaining. I’m grateful I at least have a place to live.

_______

“Baby,” Jacob said as he came up from behind me and snaked his arms around my waist. “I was thinking about going out and finding a job.” He planted soft kisses on my neck, and I giggled when I felt his hair tickle my skin.

“That’s great!” I exclaimed, “Because right now, we’re broke as a joke, and we NEED some money to pay this damn rent.” Jacob and I were poor. Point blank.

I understand that I could possibly call my Mother and persuade her into paying our rent, but that would be too easy and I actually want us to work for our money. And plus, I’m positive my Mother still hates me. “But do you think you’re going to find a good job around here? I mean, we are in the ghetto.” I asked Jacob, fiddling with his soft fingers.

“Don’t worry about that,” He stepped away from me and grabbed his car keys. “I don’t really care where I work, as long as I get paid, I’m good.”

I giggled and kissed him goodbye, and watched as he walked out the door.

(Jacob’s P.O.V.)

I stuck my keys into the ignition, and waiting patiently for the car to start up. My car was a beat up Toyota Camry, and it was always breaking down whenever I needed it the most. But finally, the car started up, and I smiled to myself as I pulled out the apartment complex, and sped down the street.

I drove around town, looking for a good job that was hiring. I checked Frys, Albertsons, WalMart, the Barber Shop, Chick-Fil-A, I even checked Burger King, but no one was hiring - or they probably were, but they didn’t want to hire a seventeen year old boy that looks like he’d rob the place if he got the chance to. But we are in the ghetto, what do they expect? But there was only one place I didn’t check, and that was McDonalds.

I always used to laugh at the people who worked at McDonalds, but now that I’m in their situation, I don’t find it so funny and I regret laughing. I guess you can say Karma’s a bitch.

I sighed as I walked into the building, feeling ashamed for what I was about to ask. “Hello,” I spoke to the cashier. “Are you guys hiring?” The cashier was a woman who looked like she was about twenty, maybe twenty one, years old. Her nappy ass weave was tied back into a ponytail, and she wore blue eye shadow, along with red lipstick - maybe if she was pretty she’d be able to pull that look off, but she looked like a donkey that just got ran over by a pull up truck, so that look just made her look even more ratchet than she already was. 

I glanced down at her name tag, and saw that her name was Latoya, and I thought that, that name fit her very well. The woman popped her gum and gave me the stank eye, “Yes, why do you ask?” I could hear the attitude in her voice, and I wasn’t liking it. This bitch can’t afford to have an attitude.

“Because I would like to apply for a job here.” 

She turned around and grabbed an application from the back counter, then slapped it down in front of me. “There.” She rolled her eyes and walked away, swaying her hips from side to side, obviously trying to show off the butt she wished she had.

I sat down at a near by table, and began to fill out the application. I had barely even finished writing my name before a man, dressed in all black and a doo-rag, sat down in front of me. He leaned in and whispered, “Hey man, you need a job?”

“Yeah.” I looked at him, questionably. Where was he going with this?

He glanced around the resturant, making sure no one was eaves-dropping into our conversation. He leaned in closer, forcing me to lean back a bit. “Well I have a job for you that pays WAY better than here, you in?”

“This is pretty straight forward, but sure. What kind of job is it?”

He chuckled, “Follow me.”

(Sadé’s P.O.V.)

Hours Later....

I flipped through the channels on our old Television, trying to find something to watch, but everything was either shows like “Team Umizoomi” or “Animal Planet”. But a gush of excitement ran through my body when the channel flicked on to Maury.

I sat on the edge of the couch, interested in what was about to go down. The entire crowd was silent as Maury hesitated to read the results, “You are NOT the Father!” Maury exclaimed, causing the man to jump up and dance around.

I laughed at how foolish the woman looked when she ran off the stage, crying. I pray to God I never have to go on this show, this is terrible and it makes you look like a whore who doesn’t know how to keep their legs closed. How can you not know who the Father of your own child is? Maybe if you stuck to one man, you wouldn’t have to worry about all that.

I paused, finding it ironic that I’m scolding this young lady for sleeping with more than one man, when I’ve done the same thing.

And almost on cue, the door busted open and Jacob stepped in, a huge wad of cash in his hands. But my focus wasn’t on the large amount of cash that was in his hands, it was on all the cuts and bruises that were on Jacob’s body. I could’ve sworn he didn’t look like that when he left the house earlier today.

“Babe!” I shrieked, standing up and running over to Jacob. I inspected all his wounds, “What happened to you?”

He smiled, “Nothing baby, I just fell down a flight of stairs and hurt myself. That’s all.” He attempted to walk away, but I grabbed his arm and stopped him. He winced, but he tried not to show any signs of pain.

“Cool, now tell me the truth.”

“That is the truth!”

“Then explain all this money!”

He chewed down on his bottom lip, thinking about what he should say next. “I found a job at McDonalds, and the Manger payed me a full month in advance, who would’ve known that McDonalds paid so well!”

He slipped me a hundred dollar bill before grinning and walking off to our room, I spun myself around, watching him walk away.

________

I dialed the number to Juvenile Boot camp and waiting patiently for someone to pick up the phone. “What?” I heard Niya spat from the other line.

I groaned, “Give the phone to Temi.”

“Sadé? Is that you?”

I mentally rolled my eyes, “No it’s Santa Clause, now give the damn phone to Temi!”

She scoffed, “Lose the attitude.” She spoke before handing the phone to Temi.

“Hello?” Temi’s voice filled my ear. 

“Temi!” I shrieked, “I need your help!”

“On what?”

“Earlier today Jacob left to go find a job, but when he came back, he had a lot of money,   but his body was covered in bruises! Please tell me what the fuck is going on.”

She laughed, but I didn’t find this funny. “What did he tell you?”

“He said that he found a job at McDonalds and the Manager paid him a full month in advance.”

“Girl, that nigga is lying! He know damn well he ain’t working at no McDonalds. Sadé, I think yo’ boo boo is a male prostitute!”

My eyes widened, and I made some type of choking sound. “Male prostitute? I don’t think so.”

“Where else do you think he got all that money from?”

“Selling drugs?”

“No, selling drugs is too played out, and it’s obvious. Y’all are living in the ghetto, so it’s clear to him that when you see him, the first thing you’re gonna think is that he’s selling drugs, so he changed it up a bit, so he decided to become a male prostitute.”

I sighed, she had a point. “But please explain why he had so many bruises on him!”

“Sex can get pretty rough, you know?” Temi bursted out into laughter, but I hung up the phone, annoyed at how she found this whole situation funny.

Half of me didn’t want to believe Temi, but the other half knew she was right. It all made so much sense.

I groaned at the fact that Jacob - my boyfriend - could possibly be a male prostitute. 

________________________________________________________________

This was just a filler chapter, so no real drama in this chapter, but don’t worry IT’S COMINGGG. If you didn’t see my last status, I said that I finally came up with the ending to this book... And it’s saaaddd. 

And if you guys didn't know, my goal is to get to 1,000 fans before the end of this year. Can y'all make my dream come true? Pweeaseee? *puppy dog eyes* ;P

Anyways, do y’all think Jacob could possibly be a male prostitute??? :O

Goal: 50 votes, 40 comments..

Continue Reading