The Sky Without Its Elements

By naxxerie

What is the sky without its elements? Without the storm, rain, mist, cloud, thunder and sun; what is the sky... More

Prologue : The Day My Nightmare Came True
Chapter One : The Abandoned Fellow
Chapter Two : Saving a Fool
Chapter Three: The Calling of the Sky
Chapter Four: Tick Tock Stop the Clock
Chapter 5: Betrayed or Not Betrayed
Chapter 7: The Enemy's First Strike
Chapter 8: How to deal with a monster
Chapter 9: Awoken Captive
Chapter Ten: The Greatest Hitman Part 1
Chapter 11: The Greatest Hitman Part 2
Chapter 12: Target Acquired
Chapter 13: Missing

Chapter 6: The Laughter of the Sky

1.2K 31 1
By naxxerie

Disclaimer Notice! I do not own the francise – Katekyo Hitman Reborn. What I do own though, was this crazy plot twist of the canon story that my twisted mind formulated plus the additional character I inserted to give color to this story.

Author's Note! Sixth chappie is out! Enjoy! Oh well...Please review! Constructive criticism is highly welcomed. Excuse my poor grammar, though. Whooh! 3,000+ Words, seriously? What the heck happened to me?

THE SKY WITHOUT ITS ELEMENTS

A Katekyo Hitman Reborn Fan Fiction

Chapter Six

The Laughter of the Sky

Yesterday, 10 minutes left before the end of Lunch break

After finishing his lunch, Tsuna was about to stand up and head back to his class when he find himself surrounded by five bullies who eye him like a hawk. 'W-what am I, some kind of a worm?'

"W-wh...what?" he tried conversing with those two in front of him. But, what he got in reply were only harsh words, and a set of evil grins.

"Long time no see...Dame-Tsuna..."

"We kinda missed you...."

"Yeah, and that weak body of yours..."

"You always have that alien-freak Gokudera and baseball-star Yamamoto before to protect you....and even Hibari of the discipline committee and Sasagawa-senpai of the boxing club...Wonder how you bribe them..."

"Yeah, even that cute transferred girl with pineapple hair who just disappeared recently"

"But....we said...BEFORE...."

Then they charged at him. He expects the pain to come but it never did. None of the fist aimed at him come in contact with his face or even with his body. He slowly opened his eyes. It became wide as he saw his protectors.

When the bullies where about to attack him, a tall guy with brunette hair and blue eyes caught their fists, taking other impacts in the process. While another guy with red hair and piercing black eyes attacked the other bullies.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" Junko yelled as he put on a defense mode. Yasu clenched his waist where he had received the greatest impact and fell on his knees. He glanced at his back and smiled at Tsuna. "Are you alright....Tsuna?"

Tsuna could only stare as Junko and Yasu fought with the bullies. Then, it came. His mind ache from a piercing pain, a heavy feeling came from his chest and his eyes began to close. Before he knew it, he fell to the ground, unconscious.

Yasu and Junko stopped as they heard the plop sound Tsuna made when he fell down. Their eyes drifted from their attackers to their friend. "Tsuna!" they both yelled as they rushed to his aid.

40 minutes had passed....Lunch had already ended and classes are already resumed.

Tsuna woke up in the infirmary with a painful headache. He sat up, rubbing his aching head in the process. His right eye flinched as the pain starts again. He tries to ease the pain by massaging his temples. But it all end in vain. "Urgh....Wh-where am I?" he asked to no one in particular.

"You're in the infirmary..." Tsuna gasped as he heard a voice. He didn't expect someone to answer his question! He glanced at his right and saw Junko sitting besides his bed, eyes full of concern.

"Are you alright, Tsuna?!" he heard a loud and booming voice. A person with brunette hair and blue eyes slammed the door opened and rushed at his left to check on him. His eyes were full of concern too. Why? He is sweating a lot as if he ran all the way from the ground floor up to the third floor. Tsuna gulped.

He was so confused.

"A-ano...Wh-who are you?" he asked, stuttering. The two persons gasped and stared at him. "Y-you don't remember us?" the person on his right asked in disbelief. Tsuna wasn't so cure what he really means by that tone. Does he supposed to know them? Now that he looked at him fully, he could see his reddish hair and black eyes. Tsuna turned sideways in a repeating manner. He could see the disappointment and pain lingering within their eyes.

Why? Why? Why?!

A bump on his throat came as he feels his heart clenching as he stared at their eyes. 'What's going on?' He kept asking himself. 'Why does my heart feels this way?' he thought.

The sky felt uncomfortable.

Yasu sighed and walked closer to Junko. He wrapped his arm around Junko's shoulder. Yasu stared at Tsuna intently as if his gaze would answer his thousand questions. Tsuna gulped at the thought. 'What could possibly be-' his question was interrupted when Yasu coughed obviously seeking for his full attention. A sweat formed in Tsuna's head as he tries to cope with the sudden suspense.

And within seconds, out came the answer he's seeking for. Well, not literally...

"We're you're real parents...."

"HIIIEEE!" Came a sudden screeched.

Tsuna fell down from the other side, head first. His feet and hands were twitching as his head tries to engulf the truth. He really didn't expect it, really! He expected something serious since Yasu's eyes were seriously staring at him and his tone was down straight serious. He was still lost in his moments when he heard a laughter.

Oh yes....a laughter...

From Yasu, himself.

"Hahahah! We got you there Tsuna....hahaha!" He heard him yelled. He immediately sat upright and peeked from his side of the bed. He saw Yasu clenching his stomach as he laughed as if it was the greatest prank of all. On his left, Junko sat and giggling slighty. "Honestly, how could you fall for that?" he heard him whisper.

Tsuna felt stupid all of a sudden. Really? How could he be so foolish? Tsuna's face reddened. He was so embarrass. "Hhahahaha! Tsuna that was priceless!" Yasu said as his laughter settles. He wiped the tears left from his eyes before tapping Junko's shoulder. Junko on the other hand looked at the other direction, clearly avoiding a direct eye contact with Tsuna. Tsuna saw it.

The sky sees it all.

Yasu is still laughing, his arm still wrapped around Junko's shoulder dragging him closer. "Hahaha! I still can't get over it! Hahaha..." Yasu said, as he stated himself, still can't get over it.

Tsuna gulped, gathering all the courage he could muster. He slowly made his way towards the door. "I-I n-need to escape h-here..." he kept muttering to himself. But before he can dash his way out, two pairs of hands grabbed him from either side and dragged him to the bed. They laid him quite forcefully. "I-itte..." he muttered as he blinked his eyes. "Ahahahaha..." he heard the blue-eyed guy laughed while rubbing the back of his head and quite embarrassed. The red-haired guy clenched his fist trying his best to control his temper. "Y-yasu..." he said between clenched teeth. The other guy stopped laughing and turned his head to the red-haired. Tsuna could only watch as they start to argue about something...or someone.

"See! It was your carelessness that made Tsuna like that!" Junko said as he pointed his finger at Tsuna. "Hiiee!" Tsuna responded with his usual screeched. But the two gave no attention to this and continue with their little feud. Yasu placed his hand on his jaw, as if he was in deep thought. "Hey! I don't remember doing anything wrong..." Yasu explained himself. You could hear in his voice the doubt he had.

"What?! Aren't you the one who told him that we're his real parents?!" he asked, quite furious. Tsuna gulped as he took in the meaning of those words. I-is it really true...? No way?! Th-that's i-impossi-" Tsuna's head ache as he tries to think of the possibilities. He felt his consciousness slowly fades away with it.

There's no way...

Junko pointed at himself, "I'm a straight man! You got it?!" That made Tsuna returned to the real world, at least his now sure of who his real parents are. Seriously? How could he fall for that stupid prank anyway?

"What makes you think I meant those things, Junko?" Yasu said as he tilts his head, a gestured that means he's completely clueless. Junko clenched his fist and smacked him on the head again. "Itte! That hurts, Junko!" Yasu said as he massages his head. Junko let out a heavy sighed before returning his gaze on Tsuna.

The sky is-

Tsuna gulped as the glare of Junko bore into his inner soul. The seriousness in his eyes was something not to be taken in as a joke. He leaned closer, their face were inches apart. "Tsuna.....you...really can't remember us?" he asked. Pain was clearly visible in his eyes. Tsuna felt guilty. "I...I..." Tsuna was speechless as he stares back. "Wh-wh-" he was interrupted when all of a sudden Junko stood up and pointed his finger at Yasu. Yasu was startled.

"I knew it! Tsuna hit the ground so hard he had an amnesia!" he proclaimed, a little proud at his findings. "What?!" Yasu yelled as he realized what he just caused. He quickly got on his knees and bowed, his head hitting the ground on process. "I'm so sorry!" he apologized.

"Eh?!" Tsuna was beyond astonished when the blue-eyed one suddenly bowed down and apologized. 'No! He shouldn't apologize!' there was someone in his head that kept shouting this words. 'I didn't forget them, no! I did not!' there was another thought. He didn't know why, but there's a part of his brain that kept blabbering something about these two. There's a lingering feeling inside him, saying he knew them, and that he had met them before. Where and when?

All of a sudden, as if on cue, flashes of images were shown before his eyes. It was as if a part of his life was played in his head like a movie. His eyes grew as he remembered what had transpired. "J-junko....kun...." Junko stopped his blabbering triumph as he heard Tsuna spoke his name, with familiarity in it. "Y-yasu.....kun...." Yasu's head popped up from the ground. In an instant, they are both on each side of Tsuna. "Tsuna! Tsuna!" they both yelled.

But, Tsuna was still lost in his own mind.

1st Year Class B – Namimori Middle High – First Week of School

Tsuna sat in his chair, shivering and quite afraid. It was the second day of his school, and he was still afraid; afraid of the new school, and the new bullies. His eyes scanned the room. Everyone was greeting each other, some were in peers and talking about random stuffs, everyone except him. He was seated on the second to the last chair on the window side of the room, and was still hugging his bag as if someone would grab it at the very moment he placed it down on his table. So, he waited until the teacher comes and start the class.

A few moments later, the teacher enters the room accompanied by two students. The class awed at the two guys. The teacher wrote their names on the blackboard and began introducing them. "Good morning, class. These two are new transfer students. Akihiro Junko.." he started as he pointed at the guy with red hair and fierce black eyes. "And Amaya Yasu..." he continued as he pointed at the taller guy with brunette hair and calm blue eyes. Yasu shrugged and giggled as he was introduced in the class. Every girl blushed as they saw him smile.

"They are cousins and they are new to this town. Yasu's parents were in aboard and he was now currently staying with Junko's family. Apparently, Junko's parents were transferred here by their company's wish and they were now currently staying here with us..." the teacher explained their current circumstances. "I don't see why you have to explain that to them..." Junko said as he crossed his arms and gazed away. The teacher sweat-dropped at that, he ordered them to sit down, and not long enough, the class started.

After their class ended, Yasu stood up and made his way to Junko. He slammed his fist on his deck and grinned. Junko sighed. "What do you want now, Yasu?" he asked. "What?! It's break time, Junko!" Yasu exclaimed with glee. "Yeah...right...so?" Junko asked as he glared at Yasu. All of their classmates flinched as they caught Junko's scary glare. But, Yasu was too familiar with that kind of glare to think of it as something to be scared about. He took his arm and dragged him out of his chair, and outside of their room. "Come on, Junko! Let's but some drinks like we used to!" he exclaimed happily as he continues dragging him.

Junko sighed as he glares at his naïve and stupid cousin. "Okay, alright! Let my arm go already! I can perfectly walk on my own two feet..." he said as he tries to remove his arm from his gripped. Yasu nodded before letting him go. "Okay! Off we go!" he said as he ran towards in the hallway.

Junko then found himself being dragged by his cousin, Yasu to the second floor where the vending machines are located. "Why take me here?" Junko asked. Yasu smiled at him. "I don't know...." he simply stated. Junko was dumbfounded.

"WHAT?!!!" he yelled. All of the students in the area turned to their way, curious as to what is going on. Junko felt their stares and laugh slightly. God only knows what he'll do to Yasu to get back for the embarrassment he felt.

He sighed. "Yasu?" He turned around and desperately seek his cousin. "Oh where could he be now?"

"Psst! Junko! Over here!" Yasu said. Junko turned to him and saw him buying a drink. "What do you want? Coffee?" he asked. Junko clenched his fist. "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! I don't drink coffee!!!" he yelled again out of irritation. Good thing they are the only one around or else he might cause another scene.

"Okay...chill man...I'm just asking..." Yasu said as he clicked the button for the drink he desires. Yasu grabbed the drinks and gave the other one to Junko. "Here, beloved cousin. My treat..."

"Tss..." was his only reply. He grabbed the drink and opened it. When all of a sudden, the vending machine shake, Yasu blew his drink in Junko's face out of shock. "What the-?!" Junko wiped his face clean. "What are you doing?!" Junko yelled.

"What? I'm surprised!"

"Surprised at what?!"

Yasu then points at the vending machine. Junko stared at it. "Nothing changed...." All of a sudden, the vending machine shook again. "AHH!" Yasu yelled as he hide himself behind Junko. Junko just stared at him. "You are nothing but a fool Yasu...You know that won't work..." he said. "Why not?" Yasu asked. "Are you really that dumb?! You're taller than me idiot!"

"Oh....hehe...Sorry..." Yasu said as he scrub the back of his head. "Are you really insulting me?" Junko asked as he clenched both of his fist. "Nope..."

Then the vending machine shook again. Junko gazed at it, curious as to what made it move. "Perhaps a rat?" Junko guessed. "A rat? A rat could move a vending machine? Really?" Yasu asked in disbelief. He decided to move towards it to see clearly. What he saw, scared him.

"AAHHH!!! GHOST!" He screamed as he ran towards Junko. "Ghost? Really?" Junko asked. "What? Haven't you heard of the morning ghost?" Yasu said, stating his point. Junko shook his head. "You're reading too much manga its getting into your head!" he said. He then grabbed his phone from his pocket and opened its flashlight. "Let's put some light on the subject, shall we?" He grinned at him.

They approached the gap between the two machines slowly. When the gap was lighted, all they saw was a brunette with both of his arms hugging his knees. "See...there's no such thing as a ghost..."

He approached the brunette. "Hey...." He tries to get his attention. The brunette looked up and saw his classmate talking to him. "Hey...Why are you crying..." The brunette sniffed and tried to rub his eyes but failed to do so due to lack of space. Junko offers his hand. "Here, let's get you out..."

The brunette was hesitant at first but later on decided to take on the offer. Junko and Yasu helped the brunette get out from its hiding place. "There you go..." Junko smiled at the brunette. The brunette tries to ran away but Yasu blocked its way.

"Hey!" He said and placed his both arms on his shoulder. The brunette flinched upon the touch. "Hey! From what school are you from?" he asked. "Idiot! Of course he's from here! Can't you see his uniform?!" Junko yelled as he approached the two. "Ahaha! Sorry...!"

The brunette felled to his knees and started to cry. Their eyes opened wide. "Look! Junko! You made him cry!"

"What?! I didn't do anything!"

Yasu and Junko sat down and started to comfort the brunette. "Hey, it's alright....whatever your problems are..." Yasu said. Junko glared at him. "Hey....Um...I don't know what to call him..."

"How about boya?" Yasu asked. "What?! He's not a little kind or a brat. It doesn't suit him..." Junko said. "Why not call him by name?" Yasu asked, casually. "Yeah...I would do that if I know his name.."

Through his sobs, the brunette tries to answer their unspoken question. "My...*sniff* name is...T- *sniff* suna...."

"Tuna?! So you were named after a fish, Tuna-kun..." Yasu said as he giggled a little. The brunette cried harder thinking that it was an insult. "No...it's Tsuna! Tsuna, you idiot!" Junko said as he knocked his head.

"Itte! That hurts Junko!"

"Serves you right...Idiot!"

"Oh, so you're name is Tsuna, ne?" Junko said as he held the brunette's hands. "Let us see your face then, Tsuna-kun..." he then pulled the arms apart, gently of course. There, he saw the reddish eyes of our dear Tsuna who cried the whole recess.

"There...there...." he said as he pat his back, comforting him further. "Why are you hiding in that gap anyway?" Yasu asked. "T-to hide...from....others..." Tsuna said, more like a whisper.

"Hide from others? Why? Are they hurting you?" Junko asked. "T-they tease...me...and...hurt...me...sometimes..." Tsuna said. He was beginning to relax now that he has someone to tell his tale.

"Eh? Others are bullying you?" Junko confirmed. Tsuna nodded. He doesn't know why, but his blood suddenly boiled. "What are they teasing you with?" he doesn't want to press on the subject further but something tells inside him that he must.

Tsuna sniffed. "T-they..call me...dame-tsuna..." Tsuna replied. "Dame Tsuna?! Is that you're whole name? Why would you're mother named you Dame?" Yasu instantly react.

Tsuna flinched but said no word. Junko glared at him. "No you idiot! It's what they tease him!" Junko yelled. "I believe we are in the same class right?" Tsuna nodded.

"How'd you know?" Yasu asked, curious as he might seem. "Well for one, I saw him sitting at the farthest table in our room...Am I right?" Tsuna nodded again. "See...you have to be a little observant sometimes, Yasu..."

"Ne....Tsuna-kun...Why are they calling you Dame?" Yasu said. Tsuna turned his head at his direction. "A-ano...it's because I'm not good at anything..." he softly replied. "Not good? Maybe it's because you're not trying..." Yasu smiled at him. Tsuna stared at him for a while before realizing what he really mean. He bowed his head and blushed at the compliment.

"Wow...never thought you'd be a great advisor..." Junko said. "What? I'm stating the truth you know..." Yasu said. Junko suddenly stood up. "Oh! I almost forgot! Our lunch!" he exclaimed. Yasu stood up as well. He checked on his watch. "Jeez! We still have time you know.." "O-okay....so..let's go!" they were about to leave when they remembered something important as well.

They turned around and offered their hand at Tsuna. "Come on! Let's eat some lunch!" They flashed him a welcoming smile.

Tsuna cried again. "Eh?! Sorry....!" then they both bowed their heads gesturing that they are sincere of the said apology. Tsuna shook his head. "No...it...it wasn't about that..." he said.

Junko and Yasu perked their heads up. Tsuna stood up and bowed his head lower than the two. "Thank you for inviting me for lunch!" he said out loud. "Eh? No need to thank us for that..." Yasu said. Then they both laughed. "Hiiiee...! But, this is the first time someone invites me for l-lunch..." he said.

Yasu then wrapped his left hand around Junko. "Then from now on, you'll have lunch with us!" Junko is irritated at first but nods also. "Yeah....let's be good friends, Tsuna-kun...!"

Tsuna was glad and thrilled and very happy. He felt like all his burdens were suddenly lifted. "I, Sawada Tsunayoshi, is very thankful for your kindness! I promise not to be a burden for both of you..." he said as he bowed at them.

"Then, we, Junko and Yasu promise to cherish this friendship forever!" Yasu stated with a booming and energetic voice. "That sounds weird..." Junko said. "Then you're out of our circle of friendship! Shoo! Shoo!" he said as he pushed him. "What?! You're dumping me?!" Junko then starts to pushed him back. Tsuna started to laugh.

Yasu and Junko stopped and stared at him. Seeing him laugh uplifts their spirits. They smiled.

This is the start of a long lasted friendship...

Isn't it?

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW!

"Talking behind my back, are we?"

All eyes turned to the one who spoke. Their eyes widened when they recognized the person who just spoke. Sitting casually at the top of the railing, his hand on his sides supporting his balanced, his feet dangling, was their boss – Tsunayoshi Sawada, Vongola Decimo.

His smile grew wider as he took pleasure in seeing the disbelief written clearly on their eyes. "And you proudly call yourselves...guardians?" His gaze then focuses on a certain black-haired baseball MVP, mocking him. Yamamoto glared back, all his anger vented towards the one who posed as his boss. "Who the heck are you?!"

Author's Note!

If you like my work, do consider buying me a coffee! <3 Coffee keeps me awake 0_0 and I might write more ;)

https://ko-fi.com/naxxerie

NEXT CHAPTER! CHAPTER SEVEN – THE ENEMY'S FIRST STRIKE!

This is it! The thing everyone's been waiting for! The first engagement and first introduction of the Vongola's enemy, not that he hadn't attacked them first. So, should we rename it to Strike Two? Anyway, the guardians had found themselves yet again in a difficult situation. Seriously, would they ever figure out the difference between the real and the fake? Let's just how they do, after all...their time is running late...

"Fu fu fu~! Tick tock! Tick tock!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 802 17
Once he entered high school, Tsuna finally accepted the role of being Vongola Decimo, only to be informed by Reborn that he and his guardians were be...
132K 5.3K 18
Tsuna got hit by the ten year bazooka, unfortunately.... A certain mechanic had previously decided to 'upgrade it' Now Tsuna is stuck in his five yea...
168K 6K 28
It's time to choose the rightful heir that will take over the next generation of Vongola. The Sawada twin's seemingly peaceful life took a sudden tur...
454 16 4
Tsuna and the others are now in their final year of High School. Just 1 year away from Tsuna's official Inheritance Ceremony before he is crowned com...