Unwanted

By xrcses

Unwanted feelings. "Let's make that sex ship happen." Thomas Brodie Sangster and Dylan O'Brien are close frie... More

01. One of a pair
02. The last one ever
04. A family
05. A night to remember
06. Peace and Hate
07. Opposites
08. Newtmas
09. The accident [part 1]
10. The accident [part 2]
11. Questions
12. Old friend
13. I'm in love
14. Words
15. Theaters
16. Different
17. Confess
18. Kiss goodbye
Replay

03. Endgame

3.3K 140 169
By xrcses

Dylan held Thomas tight before the Brit slowly started to let go of him. He squeezed Dylan's shoulder with a light nod and a smile printed on his face.

"You really have to start texting me, you can't imagine how much you have to keep up with." Dylan laughed as his co star let go of him, "But first of all, Breakfast comes first."

Dylan hold out the little bag he was holding all this time out, letting Thomas grab it. The boy smiled light as he opened the package up and took out the chocolate muffin the American had bought him. "You remembered."

"Have I ever forgotten about you?" Dylan said pretending to be offended at his friends remark.

"I'm pretty sure you did once or twice." both of the boys looked around to meet up with the face that let go the words, that made Dylan truly offended.

"That's not true." Dylan protested, crossing his arms like a little kid.

Thomas laughed lightly, taking a step and hugging Ki Hong this time. Dylan smiled at that action. He loved to see how good the whole cast got along, he really would miss that the most.

"So I heard we got work to do?" Thomas said after letting go of Ki Hong.

"Yeah, not like you aren't already messing up with the whole planning by being 15 minutes late." Ki rolled his eyes.

"Hey do not come at me with that! You already know," Thomas tried to defend himself. "You would never ask a flower to bloom faster." The three boys said in symphony.

Thomas widened his eyes at that action, was he really that predictable. "It's always the same excuse mate, we got it." Dylan said smiling. Thomas meanwhile couldn't change but frown at his friend's remark. It was actually kind of funny that they knew him this well already, but was this also a hint that Thomas should maybe start changing his excuse of why he comes late?

Dylan started walking to the whole meeting and interview section first. He sat down in the chair of the middle, ready to answer to a fireball of questions. His friends did the same, Thomas on his left and Ki Hong on his right.

"Okay now that Thomas is here we can start." Ki Hong said at the interviewer with an amused face.

Thomas just rolled his eyes at that remark, getting sick of the whole "you should come in time" thing. The interviewer chuckled at Ki Hong's amusement and just waved at Thomas so that he would let go of the other two boy's messing with him.

"So I'd like to start this interview off with knowing how you guys feel today."

"I can answer this first. I was hell of excited, now I'm just super chill and amused by the fact that my friends haven't changed a bit. Thomas is still in his slow world spin and Ki Hong is still the father figure everyone looks up to." Dylan said with a large smile. Thomas started laughing loudly at that remark, letting his head fall slightly back.

Ki Hong looked at both of the cast mates with a look that could kill them if that could only be possible. He really did not like to be seen as a father figure to people that are basically the same age as him. Dylan meanwhile found the whole situation amusing and sent Ki a light blow kiss from the corner of his mouth with a little wink.

"Well it's good to see that you are enjoying the last moments you will have together." The girl in front of them said.

All of the three boys leaded their eyes to meet hers and smiled lightly. "We try our best I guess."

~•~

"My parents always told me to follow my dreams. So can I follow you home Thomas?" Dylan bursted out of laughter as the interviewer let go of that pick up line.

It truly was so cliché but yet so amazing to hear because she did it with Thomas, the most reserved guy the world out there probably knows. The fact that Thomas didn't know what do say or how to act made the whole situation even funnier. Dylan couldn't stop but laugh loudly. Thomas couldn't change but smile at the embarrassment he was going trough in the moment.

It has been the fourth interview today and the guys were actually enjoying themselves. They tried to answer to each question with some stupid remarks only the three of them would understand and the facial expression of loss from the interviewers topped everything perfectly. Dylan had missed these days, especially since he knew the dates of the press tour. He had been counting the days, months until he'd meet up with his friends again and enjoy his last moments with them.

"Thank you so so much guys. You are amazing." The young girl said as she shook the boy's hands and headed off.

The boys stood up, walking to a table that was full with snacks and bottles of water, juice and anything alike. Dylan took a piece of a sandwich that was looking at him for the past half an hour. He bit inside as Ki Hong let go of a remark. "You really had the time of your life didn't you?" he said smiling at the American who nodded proudly with his sandwich between his teeth.

Thomas hit Dylan on the back of his head, causing Dylan to look at him confused. "He even enjoyed this maybe too much." The Brit said, smirking down at the younger cast mate.

He took the bag with the muffin Dylan took for him and opened it up. "I'm sorry if I just want to enjoy while I can?" Dylan said rolling his eyes in amusement, "But really that pick up line was the best."

Dylan laughed inside of himself again not wanting to annoy Thomas too much. "I thought I am the best?" the other boy said, looking at his friend with a lifted eyebrow.

"Well I guess not anymore." Dylan laughed, taking a water bottle and heading of to his seat again. "Bastard."

"You love me Thomas." he said happily, sitting down.

~•~

"Have you guys heard about the ships going around?" this was now the seventh interview the guys were having today but it was actually a whole new question.

"Yeah, yeah I guess I quite have. There is Newtmas. It's between Thomas and Newt or am I right?" Dylan smiled. "I see you're informed O'Brien." the interviewer smiled at him happily. "I gotta stick to my lane you see."

"So that means you actually ship Newt and Thomas?" Ki asked, looking at Dylan.

"Obviously." Dylan rolled his eyes, as if it would be obvious that the answer would be yes.

"Wait, that means you'd actually like to see Newt and Thomas, which means you and me to smut around?" Thomas asked in shock. Dylan smiled lightly, nodding afterwards. "Jesus."

The American let go of a loud laugh, almost falling out of his chair.

"Well I'm pretty sure some fans would like to see that." The interviewer said as Dylan calmed down. "What do you mean?" Thomas looked at her with confusion in his gaze.

"Haven't you heard about Dylmas?"

"Honey sweetie, let me explain this to you. Thomas never ever uses social media. He only reads newspapers. And Dylmas isn't mentioned there.... yet." Dylan said calmly.

Ki Hong let go of a laugh, clapping his hands along. "Wait what? I don't understand. What happened?"

"Dylmas is a ship between you and Dylan." Ki spoke up, already ready to burst into laughter again with Thomas reply. "That exists?"

"But it's not friendship you see. It's more like a sex-ship." Dylan nodded, trying to keep this discussion as professional as possible.

"Oh wow." Thomas said, nodding lightly, "That's something new. How long is that up there?"

"Some time I guess. Like I said I stick to my Newtmas lane." Dylan nodded proudly.

"You go under with your ship then." Thomas joked.

"Don't be like that, they deserved to be endgame." Dylan said sadly.

"Deserved?" - "Damn it I spoiled!" Dylan held his hands in front of his mouth, stopping himself from saying anything more. Thomas laughed at that action, so did Ki Hong.

Thomas couldn't chance but genuinely smile at his friend. He had missed him so much. To see Dylan again truly made him feel happy again, he laughed so much in the past hours like he did in the past whole year without him. Even if the Brit did not like to admit it, he'd be heartbroken after this press tour. When he found out that Dylan would be with him for all the stops they had planned Thomas knew, that this would be one of the best moments of his life. He wanted to enjoy them the most possible and above all, he wanted to spend as much time with Dylan as possible. He'd miss the American and his stupid silliness. He'd ask himself every day what his best friend could possibly be doing but wouldn't text him anyways because he can't touch these things for way too long. Thomas would play it cool, pretend he wouldn't miss anyone. He knew that, he knew that he would pretend as if he'd see Dylan the next day, which wouldn't be true in some weeks.

It wasn't like Thomas wanted to be like that but he couldn't change it. He never really had a cast mate that grew so close to him as Dylan. That explained why Thomas was always kind of unsure what to answer, what to do or even how to think. Sometimes Dylan did stuff Thomas had to think and think until he decided himself what the younger boy truly meant with that. Thomas was unsure, he just wanted to make sure he wouldn't do things wrong and he was kind of uncomfortable.

It was not a bad uncomfortable, because he really really found the comfort he never had with Dylan but it was a kind of uncomfort that made him wanna do everything at it's highest. One that made him try to be, well perfect for his best friend. One that made him try to be exactly what Dylan expected to give him exactly what he needed.

Surprisingly, even if Thomas felt kind of heavy around Dylan, it all faded away once they started talking and hanging out. Thomas didn't care, he focused on his friend and his acts. Later that day Thomas would probably lay down on his bed and overthink moments and try to puzzle thing out right. But it didn't mind Thomas, he was actually glad he did that. It showed him that he truly cared about the American even if he didn't say it out loud often enough.

He knew, the American cared about him and he showed it a lot not like Thomas. The fact that he brought a chocolate muffin all the way down to him made Thomas warm up inside. He felt loved and appreciated. He just wished he could change his habit and also show the american that he cared about him too.

It wasn't the only time Dylan showed Thomas that he cared, privately they spent a lot of time together. Way more than the fans even knew, sometimes they even met up without letting anyone know, wanting to enjoy the most time possible. Dylan did prove to Thomas way too often that he cared, privately and in front of the camera. The Brit meanwhile stood to his image, professional and independent. Sadly. Thomas would like to talk about Dylan no matter when to no matter who but he just couldn't. He was like that since always. He couldn't even talk to his mom about his friends when he was young. He didn't even try to.

Dylan was different. Thomas tried to. He wanted to. But he couldn't. He didn't knew why, but he simply couldn't give all the admiration back to Dylan. He couldn't show his younger friend that he really cared, maybe even more than the American himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 7.6K 51
#58 in scorchtrials πŸ₯‡ #1 in kayascodelario πŸ₯‡ Just some imagines of Thomas Brodie Sangster in his movies or just as himself. I hope you'll like thi...
507 33 23
a short newtmas story that probably took me less then a month to write. -a benji story ____ He's always been my bestfriend, and with a blink of a dru...
8K 173 14
Y/n works for the Profesor as a cleaner tidying up after all his explosive strange inventions however one day he creates the machine that can take an...
125K 4.5K 14
When Thomas' best friend and neighbour Minho gets a new step-brother, Thomas is suddenly interested. All characters belong to James Dashner