Wings of an Angel ||niall hor...

By hxran1D

"you are so brave and quiet, I forgot you are suffering." -Ernest Hemingway More

Prologue to the Prologue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 2

1K 41 9
By hxran1D

Leonora's POV

The black SUV pulled up, I looked at the seven digit number on my hand and smiled. "Mum!" Kenny said, "Grandma is here!"

I smiled, No Nora, do not do it. Do not fall in love with him. Remember what happened to the last time you feel for someone.

"Mum!!!!" Kenny said louder.

"Huh, oh, come on." I said as I opened the door. "Hi mum." I said as I buckled in Kenny. "mum, I got this!" Kenny swatted my hands away. I sighed as I closed the door and climbed into the front seat. My mum watched me, "Did we win?"

"Grandma, yes! it was so cool!" Kenny squealed from the back.

"It was." I smiled as I thought about Niall's smile.

"Nora?" My mum said.

"What?"

"You okay?"

"Better than ever." I said as she drove away from the stadium.

I looked out the window as she drove away, rain started to fill the sky. I leaned my head against the cool window, today was stressful.

After Kenny's appointment, we were out to lunch and Kenny started crying about how his chest was hurting. I turned around to make sure he was okay. He was slowly starting to fall asleep, his eye lids were fluttering shut slowly.

"You okay?" My mum interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, just thinking."

"He is going to get better hun. Don't worry, have faith."

"I always do."

"I know, sweetie."

Ten minutes later we were home. I carried Kenny in, he seemed lighter than usual, tears threatened my eyes. I sat him down in his bedroom. It was a Dr. Seuss themed room, he was Kenny's favorite. "Baby, we need to clean you up."

"Okay, mummy." He rubbed his eyes. "Can we read Green eggs and ham after?"

"Of course! Don't we every night." I smiled.

He grinned, "You're the best mum."

I bent down to help take off his coat, "Wait." Kenny held up a tiny hand so he could take off his signed hat and set it on his bed.

I unzipped his jacket, exposing his head. Which had blonde patches of peach fuzz. I looked at his head and closed my eyes. I felt two little hands cup my cheeks, I opened my eyes to see Kenny looking at me, "Mummy, I'm okay."

I hugged him, "I know baby."

After his bath, and he was dressed in his batman pajamas, we laid in his tiny toddler bed, which held both of us.

We were reading Green eggs and Ham.

"Okay, I'll be Sam okay, Bud?" I said. He nodded.

I cleared my throat, his room was illuminated by his Sam-I-Am lamp. "I am Sam. I am Sam. Sam I am. Your turn buddy." I poked his stomach, he giggled, "That Sam-I-Am. That Sam-I-Am. I do n-not l-like that Sam-I-Am. Mummy?"

"Yes, baby?" I asked.

"Why doesn't the man like Sam-I-Am." He asked.

"I think its because, he doesn't know Sam-I-Am."

"Just like my daddy?" I froze. He was asking me about his dad. "Uhh,"

"Mum?"

"Y-yes, j-just like your d-dad." I stuttered. Kenny smiled and curled closer to me, "I-I knew it."

After the story, I left Kenny's room so he could sleep. The rain was coming down harder. My parents were in the kitchen talking.

"Hey Nora." My dad smiled as I entered to get a glass of water. "Hey dad."

"You okay?"

I shook my head.

"Kenny?" My mom piped in.

I nodded, "He asked about his dad again. He doesn't look any better. I lost him at the game and then-" I caught my breath.

"Then what honey?" My dad asked.

"Um, one of the p-players brought him to me."

"What's going on?" My mum asked.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"You only stutter when you're nervous." My dad but in. "O-oh yeah."

"What happened between you and the player? Honey, you know that we can't allow this. I-I" My dad stuttered, stuttering when we're nervous seems like a herditarty thing. "We don't want you to get hurt Nora."

"Omigosh, dad. Y-you have nothing to worry about. I swear." I said. "I need to focus on Kenny."

My dad stood up from the table and hugged me, "I know baby girl. I know."

I grabbed my glass and walked to my room. I collapsed on my bed, sobbing.

Everything was beginning to be too much for me. Kenny, my parents, pretty much everything. Someone knocked on my door, "Come in." I wiped at my eyes. My mum came in and sat next to me, "Honey, come here."

I threw myself in her arms, "I don't know what to do anymore." I sobbed. My mum rubbed my back, "Oh Nora."

She pulled away and wiped away my tears, "What should I do?"

"The only thing you can do." She said, "Go to work tomorrow, I'll watch Ken bear, come home and spend time with your amazing son. You don't know how many days you have left."

I nodded I wiped at my eyes, "I promise, we will be out of here as soon as we can."

"Honey, don't worry about it! We have plenty of room. We always will. Goodnight baby." She kissed my forehead and stood up, "I love you."

"you too, night mum." She closed the door after she blew me a kiss.

I laid on my bed and starred at the ceiling, thinking about everything.

Kenny, Niall.  My parents, Niall. My job, Niall. My friends, Niall. Niall, Niall, Niall. For some reason, his memory occupied my mind. Just the thought of him made me smile.

How could one person I barely knew take up so much of my mind.

Everything about him made me feel like I was okay, that everything was okay. Even though it wasn't. My computer chimed, letting me know that I had a notification. I stood up and walked over to my turquoise desk.

It was an email. I clicked on it.

Dear Miss Williams,

We are writing on account of Kenneth Williams. We are full of hope to inform you about his appointment this afternoon. Miss Williams, it seems as if today's session was starting the fight the cells more, but not completely. It is a start, a start we were needing. We will keep you informed on his health. We look forward to seeing him. Who knows, maybe Kenneth will have longer than we expected.

With best regards,

Dr. Philip Westmore

I closed my eyes as a tear streamed down my eyes, thank god. I closed the laptop lid. I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes again.

"Dear heavenly and gracious Lord, I just wanted to thank you for answering my prayers, Kenneth is getting better because of you, and for that I will always be eternally grateful. Thank you for everything. And when I said to send me a angel, I didn't expect one and yet you still sent me one. I thought you weren't listening. Thank you. Amen." My phone buzzed, I looked at it, it was unkown.

"Hello?"

"Is this Leonora Williams?" A male voice asked.

"Yes? Who is this?" I demanded.

I heard the voice clear their throat, "Um, hi Leonora, this is Niall Horan. Um we met today and um, I was wondering if you'd want to go out to dinner with me tomorrow. And Kenny as well."

I bit my lip as i stifled a laugh, "I'd like that."

"Oh really?" He sounded, surprised, "That's great. So um, I text you the information."

"Sounds good." I smiled.

"Okay."

"Okay." I repeated.

"Um, goodnight Leonora."

"Niall," I said.

"Yes?"

"I told you, call me Nora. Also promise me something."

"Anything."

"It won't be a date or anything." I bit my thumbnail.

"Course. i won't even bring you flowers." He chuckled.

"Jerk." I said.

"Goodnight Nora." he said.

"Night." I hung up. I smiled to myself, nicely done Nora.

Five minutes later, I stepped under the refreshing steam of the shower. The warm water, kissed my skin, warming it up. I grabbed my coconut shampoo and massaged the goo into my scalp. I smiled, I felt as if I were transported to the tropics. The aroma of coconut relaxed me.

I was done seven minutes later. I enclosed myself in my light, pink, silk robe and wrapped my hair in a towel. I stood in front of the fogged up mirror, i wiped away at the steam, revealing myself. I brushed my teeth.

I sighed as I left the bathroom. i walked over to my window and made sure it was locked and closed. Rain kept pouring, I walked  into my walk in closet. I grabbed a pair of  mint green Victoria's Secret sweats and a bright pink sports bra and white tanktop. I changed quickly in there and crawled into bed after turning out the lights.

I starred up at the ceiling, one arm on my stomach and the other above my head. My phone chimed.

'Um, its Niall Horan! Just wanted to ask you, of you're more of a fancy dinner girl or a casual kid non date thing?'

A minute later it chimed again, 'Wow, that made no sense. I am so sorry, I am totally creeping you out.'

As I was typing it chimed again, making me giggle. 'Okay, since I creeped you out, how about this. I pick you up and take you out where ever.'

I texted him back 'Hello, Mr. Horan. I am fine, how about you? I think your last idea sounds good.'

An instant later, he had texted back making me laugh, 'Mr. Horan? Are you flirting with me, Miss Williams? So I will pick you and Kenny up at 5, don't dress up. Be casual.'

'Sounds like a plan. And I wouldn't dare to flirt with you!'

'Good! Goodnight Nora' I blushed as I read his text.

'Goodnight Mr. Horan, see you tomorrow'

'Dear god, STOP FLIRTING WITH ME!! See you tomorrow.' I bursted out laughing, I instantly covered my mouth to stop laughing.

'Won't happen again.' I smiled as I texted him.

'Actually Miss Williams, I don't mind it.'

'Why, Niall. I believe it is you who is flirting with me, now. Oh how the tables have changed.'

'Night Nora!  P.s. I make sure I turn the tables, makes things interesting.'

'Nice to know!(:'

'Finally, we can use smiley faces! Now Nora, it is almost 2. I have a non date tomorrow. Goodnight.'

I smiled as I sat my phone on my nightstand. I coudln't believe it was almost two. The rain was my lullby. I slowly drifted asleep

"Mum!" Kenny screamed as thunder sounded off. I bolted up and ran to his room. I threw open the door, and turned on the light. Kenny had tears streaming down his face. My parents footsteps echoed, "Is he alright."

I toko him in my arms, "Mum, the thunder." I totally forgot about the thunder. My parents were in the door, wearing their robes and pajamas. "Its just the thunder. We lucked out." I rocked the shaking boy.

My mum's hand flew to her heart. "Good, its okay Kenny. Goodnight you too." They left.

"Do you want me to sleep in here with you?" I asked.

He shook his head. I stood up and carried him to my room. I turned off the light in his room. We crawled into bed, another clap of thunder hit. I felt him jump in my arms, "Its okay baby, I'm here."

A/n: So here's your double update!!! I hope you guys liked the chapter, I tried to make sure it was good enough!! So please let me know how y'all feel about it! Love you all. Comment and vote!

~Tia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 329 20
Harry Styles got cancer and Louis began to die with him. "I will see you again, in another life Louis, I will find you again. I know I will" Harry ca...
374 54 19
just read it😁
4.4K 121 26
"Love is the least of your worries, you need to breathe."
43.4K 822 48
these one-shots were written back in 2014! my first language isn't english so I apologize for all of the mistakes :) {slowly editing}