Speak For Me - [H.S.]

By _gottalovecats_

"But Bailey you need to promise me." I pulled my head back and looked at her. "Promise what?" "That you'll n... More

Speak For Me - Harry Styles Fan Fic
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue.

Chapter 3

59.6K 1.2K 357
By _gottalovecats_

Bailey's POV:

I glanced at my reflection one last time before leaving.

I had my dark brown hair pulled into a messy bun and I wore red shorts with a navy blue top. I had a red undershirt on as well and I slid on my navy blue toms. Personally, I thought I looked fine and like my normal every day self. Before leaving my apartment I grabbed my thick red rimmed fake glasses and slide them in place.

Galloping down the stairs, I put in my head phones and started my normal routine. It should be a normal day besides from the fact that I was meeting up with a freaking celebrity for coffee.. Well, in my case tea.

Who knows.. He may not even show up. He could be a jerk like the magazines make him out to be and he may of just been trying to hook up with me. Maybe my "defect" through him off guard.

Only time will tell.

I walked down the busy streets like always and softly tapped my fingers against my leg to the beat of the song playing through my headphones. I glance up at one of the multiple advertisements that lined the time squares building and froze.

A picture of Harry came across.

I sat and watched the news and slowly felt bad for him. It was just the repeat story of him almost hitting that photographer when he asked about, what I'm assuming is a rumor.

Poor guy...

I frowned but continued walking. I try to keep on schedule and I didn't want to be late. Soon the familiar Starbucks sign was in sight and I picked up my pace.

Would he be there already?

Would I get there first?

Would he even show up??

And why were my hopes so high up?!

I groaned and stepped into the coffee shop. "Morning, Baby girl!"
I looked at Hannah who was cleaning a table and smiled.

"Morning," I signed.

She grinned and returned the gesture before going back to work.

"Baby cakes. Looking rather nerdy today. I like it!" Scott teased.

I flipped him off, which I'm pretty sure is a sign every one knows, and headed for my seat. I sneakily glanced around the shop and felt my hopes fall as I saw Harry wasn't here.

I knew I shouldn't of expected him to come.. I let my shoulders drop and I softly frowned while I set down my shoulder bag and note book.

I turned and went over to the counter by Hannah.

"Your usual, doll?" She asked giving me a look of sympathy. She might not even know why I'm sad but she can tell when I am.

I nodded and pulled out the money. I watched her make my tea and she soon turned around and handed it to me. I gave her the money and signed 'thank you.' (A/N: I've decided whenever Bailey will be signing instead of " marks it will be ' )

I turned around and silently gasped.

"I thought we planned not to run in to each other again," his British voice laughed.

I looked up to see a chuckling Harry.

Holy heck... He did come...

I smiled and mouthed 'sorry.'

He laughed and started walking with me to my seat. "So, good morning, Bailey!"

I smiled and set down my tea. I signed 'goodmorning Harry.'

He starred at my hands with hard concentration. "I'm sorry I thought maybe I could pick up on something.. But no.. I still don't understand..."

I smiled and rolled my eyes. I didn't expect him too.

I signed 'good morning,' again and he starred at it. I grabbed his hands and mimicked my motions.

"Got it?" I mouthed.

He did the sign back to me with a smile on his face. "Yes! What's it mean?"

I pulled out a pen from my bag and flipped open my notebook.

"It's the sign for good morning," I wrote then showed it to him.

"Oh! That'ts incredible! But you sign was longer.. What else did you sign?"

I smiled and took a seat, which he followed doing.

"I signed your name. Want to learn?" I wrote.

I watched as his eye lit up while he read it.

"Of course!"

I grabbed his hands and moved his fingers so they made the sign for 'H.' I let go and then showed him what it looked like with my hands. He released it, then did it again on his on.

"That was an H, right?" He asked making the sign again with a smile on his face.

I smiled and nodded.

I grabbed his hands again and this time made the 'A' sign. Instantly he picked up on it. Soon I'd finished showing his all the letters to sign his full name.

"You practice, I'll be right back," I wrote down before standing up. He nodded with a smile on his face and continued to sign the letters.

I walked over to the counter and Hannah smiled at me. "I think y'all are cute. Teaching him to sign. Oooo, Bailey you like him! Go for it! Flirt!" She teased.

I rolled my eyes. Obviously, Hannah didn't know who he was. I didn't expect her to either. Plus, there's no way I would flirt and make a full out of myself. A singer wouldn't want a mute girl hitting on him. Talk about awkward..

'No thank you,' I signed, 'But I do need a venti iced mocha coffee.'

She watched my signs and then nodded, "$4.80, baby girl. You didn't like your tea??"

'No! I love it. I just.. just move it slow poke,' I signed teasingly.

I rolled her eyes as I handed her the money. Hanna walked off and I heard the blender turn on.

"Baby cakes... Are you trying to prove something or make a point by being nice to him? You don't need too. A celebrity is bound to turn out like a jerk."

I turned to face Scott who was carrying a bucket full of dirty rags. He was cleaning table.

'He's not a jerk, and NO. I'm not proving anything. I'm just being nice.'

He frowned when I finished and just nodded.

"Bailey, your order is up!" Hanna said. I smiled and went over and grabbed it. I signed 'thank you' and walked back over to Harry.

"I think I have completely memorized this now. Look!" I looked at him and he signed 'good morning.' It was perfect so I gave him a thumbs up. Then he signed his full name. Which he also did flawlessly. He picked up really fast.

I sat down and grabbed the notebook. "You did those perfectly! Good job!"

He read it and smiled. "Well I had a great teacher," he said winking.

I blushed and glanced down at the book.

He's a flirt, Bailey. You know this. It's his title. There is no way, no how, that he's flirting with you. Your mute. No one would.

I glanced at the drink and my hands and sat up. I softly shoved the iced coffee to him and picked up his hand. I wrapped them around the drink and shoved it even closer to him.

"Huh?" He asked titling his head like a dog. I couldn't help but smile. He looked adorable..

No! Bailey stop thinking this!

"It's for you," I wrote.

He read it and his eyes got big. "Oh, Bailey! You didn't have too! I could of payed for it. You really shouldn't have. Here let me pay you-"

I shut him off by reaching over the table and placing my hand on his mouth. Our eyes met and I blushed removing my hand. Damn it! Why had I done that...

"Seriously. I want to pay you back," he mumbled reaching for his wallet.

"Nope. Won't accept it. Think of it as a victory gift. You did well. Plus, I get a discount so no worried," I wrote rather quickly and pushing the notebook to him.

He read it and frowned. "But I could of payed for it, Bailey.."

I just shrugged and smiled. After seeing me smile his frown turned into a smile and his dimpled came back.

"A girl has never bought a drink for me. Or anything, since I've made it big," he said soflty smirking.

"Well then, I'll guess you'll remember me then because I did," I wrote, regretting it after I gave him the notebook.

Crap. It sounded flirty. Oh my gosh, was I flirting with him?

ERGH! Rule #1, NO FALLING FOR THE STAR! Remember that Bailey!
He doesn't like you. It's pity.

Nobody likes the mute girl.

"I would of remembered you anyways. I always remember pretty girls."

I glanced up at him and blushed.

He just had to go and make my heart flutter didn't he!?

I smiled softly back at him and took a sip of my tea. I glanced at my phone, which was on the table, and frowned.

"I have to go," I wrote.

After reading it he returned the frown but nodded. "I understand. Work, right?"

I nodded standing up, staring to collect my things. I really wanted to ask if I would see him again tomorrow but it would be awkward if he said, "No." Then I would really make a fool out of myself.

"Erm.. Bailey... Can I have your number? That way we could possibly meet rather than just early in the morning?"

I looked at Harry who had a faint blush. Aww, he thought I was going to turn him down!
I smiled and nodded.

He grinned and pulled out his phone. "Here, put in your number and I'll put in mine."

I nodded and we exchanged phones. I quickly typed in my number and my name before handing it back to him.

"Thank you, Bailey! I'll text you later. Maybe we can meet up after you work?" He asked hopefully.

My heart literally exploded.

My stomached turned into a huge knot.

I felt my palms get sweaty.

Did he mean like a date..?

I watched his face slowly drop.

CRAP! ANSWER YOU DIM WITT!

I smiled and nodded. "That would be great," I wrote on the notebook turning it around for him to see.

He read it and smiled. "Incredible! Well you will be receiving a message from me later then! Have a nice day at work!"

I smiled at him.

I placed my notebook in my bag and picked up my tea. I waved goodbye to him and turned to walk out the door.

I felt my phone buzz and stopped. I pulled it out and saw I had a text from, "I spilt tea on you.. Sorry!"

I chuckled and opened the text. "You forgot something, " it read. I raised an eyebrow and turned around to see Harry behind me.

"This," he said leaning down and gave me a peck on my cheek.

"I'm from England and I'm a gentleman. I always say goodbye like that to a nice beautiful lady."

I blushed and smiled.

"Have a nice day at work,Bailey," he said smiling back.

We waved goodbye one last time before I finally left Starbucks.

With a faint blush on my cheeks and a smile on my face...

----------------------------------------------------------

People are extremely judgemental when it comes to relationships.

Oh, don't act like you have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm a mute girl and I have to admit even I have judged a relationship, even though I have no place too. You probably have too.

Rather it was because of the couples skin color. Or maybe the age gap? Or even that fact that they loved some one in the same gender.

We judge peoples relationships without even knowing them.

Though, some relationships shouldn't be accepted. Some should be avoided.

Example, if a minor (So under 18) is dating some one extremely to old for them. Possibly a 15 year old dating a 30 year old? That's not something we should accept or encourage. Maybe an old rapist it dating a women extremely young for him. Maybe she's only 17 or 18?

What I'm basically trying to say is, while we should accept people and the relationships we also shouldn't encourage or support something that's unethical.

Like me for instance.

I'm extremely lost at the moment. My newly made friend from the awkward tea incident from the other day and I met again. Sadly, I the mute girl, flirted. Instantly afterwards I wanted to smack myself silly and go hide in a hole.

Why was I flirting?
It would never work out.

I don't see how a mute person who's past isn't rainbows and fairy's could date someone who has a future. Someone who has a family and a good past.

Some one who could talk..

Could you see a family like that? A mother who can't speak.. A father who can. And a confused little kid...

I can't even picture that in my mind...

But, you opinions may be different than mine. Maybe you can picture it. Maybe you know some one who is living like that. Maybe you are living it...

All I know is, next time... I need to remind myself not to flirt.

Maybe I'll write myself a sticky note...

-Silent girl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 1.7K 29
{DONT READ MY FIRST FANFIC AND ITS BAD YOU'LL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE IF YOU READ. PROCEED WITH CAUTION} Have you ever been forced to go somewhere? You r...
22.9K 315 75
[RE-EDITING] Niall Horan. The only one in One Direction who hasn't had a girlfriend in a few years. Management decides to hire him a girl from Americ...
8.1K 164 20
NIALL: What in the world just happened? I choked at seeing this girl? And did a spit take when I actually got a good look at her? What the hell is...
362K 11.6K 79
Sometimes in life we stumble upon someone by accident who opens up an entirely different world that we never knew could exist. They change us, make u...