A Drop Of Petrichor [Complete]

By AimmyB

Sometimes all the parched valley of heart needs is a drop of Petrichor. Noor Fatimah hasn't had it easy but s... More

Before You Start
Character Aesthetics
A Glimpse
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 [Last]
Epilogue
Thank You Note
Bonus # 1
Bonus # 2
Bonus # 3
Bonus # 4
News
A snippet and a thank you
From me to you, all the love

Chapter 7

9.7K 913 577
By AimmyB

When she left the mosque it was already dusk. The lane was dark with just few street lights illuminating the narrow path. The huge houses around were all silent as if it were a part of some horror movie. She held onto the shawl and took hurried steps towards her destination.

But where was it?

She looked around not recognizing the surroundings. The darkness of the night had swept all the signs which lead to the temporary shelter she had these days.

She took a sharp turn when all she met was a hard wall. She was lost.

Again.

___

"When I said she shouldn't be out of this house then why did you let her go?"

He clenched his jaw looking visibly pissed. Sabahat didn't know what to say. She definitely didn't quite do what she was asked to.

"I can go and look for her sir. I..."

"No need. I'm going to do that on my own. Call me if she comes back on her own."

He said picking up his coat from the couch. Sabahat didn't dare open her mouth. Soon he was out of the site on a search hunt making Sabahat wonder why the girl was so important that he was going out of his way for her.

___

She couldn't risk going to an other side and getting some more lost if it was possible. As a kid she was always told by her sister that if she ever got lost she should stay put. Don't move so someone come looking at you.

Right now she wasn't sure if this theory will work but she was tired of everything. Sitting on a nearby berth she leaned against the wall behind when she heard the footsteps. Her heart leapt in her chest. The flashes of unknowingly known faces with menace written on their whole being swirled before her eyes. She immediately got up and was about to make a run for her life when the person stood under the street light.

She'd never thought seeing this person would be so comforting but here he was with fury etched on his face and arms folded on his chest. But all she felt was comfort. Nothing else.

"Do you understand some other language? When I told you to stay in the house why the hell did you come out?"

He was seething. She knew it. But she was in no state of saying anything.

"Now stop looking at me like a freaking dummy. Come! I'm taking you home."

He reached for her hand and she gave in without any protest. At this moment the warmth radiating from his palm was the only thing telling her she was safe. Those people were away. They won't get her.

He led her towards his place while she could only feel the reverberation of one word.

Home.

Did she have one?

May be she never had one.

But unknown to her she was going towards only that.

Home.

****

The familiar premises of his house never looked this comforting. Noor followed him inside and soon they were in the living room. The impassive mask on his face was slowly turning into fury.

"When you are told to stay put you are supposed to do that only. Is it hard to understand?"

She looked around not finding anyone else there. The housekeeper was also not in sight.

"I was out just to..."

"Just to what? You realize that people are after you, don't you? It won't take them much to find you if you are roaming in streets at odd hours."

Rage hit her.

"I was not roaming in the streets Mr whoever you are. I was out to get some peace of mind which I certainly can't get here. And when I left the mosque I got lost."

"A mosque?"

He raised and eye brow. She huffed not replying.

"Ever after all this?"

"What do you mean by after all this?"

"I can't understand you religious people. You guys expect everything to turn out in your favour by prayers. Don't you think using your own self also hold some importance?"

Her face clearly showed disbelief.

"You really need some counselling Mr...

"Rayyan Ahmed Khan."

"What?"

He sighed and looked straight into her eyes.

"My name."

She couldn't believe such a beautiful name of such a shitty personality. Shaking her head off the thoughts she looked back at him.

"See Mr Khan. Your idea about religious people is entirely wrong. Having faith doesn't mean I'm waiting for a miracle to happen. May be I needed a sign. A ray of light telling me that I wasn't alone."

"For someone who's been betrayed by everyone and everything you sure do have a firm belief."

"I have. It's my belief that may be I was chosen to go through all this because I could endure it. Because I was able to come out of it strong. That's why it was put in my life not yours or that Regina or anyone else."

He looked on trying hard to mask his surprise. The newly found confidence in her was something he hadn't expected.

"Cherish these blessings in disguise as you seem so proud of yourself but don't go out of this house ever again. It's for your own safety."

He turned on his heels and when her voice stopped him.

"I have to ask you something Mr Khan."

"I'm not interested."

He didn't even look back and started climbing the stairs but she wasn't going to back down until he answered her questions.

He stopped inside his room so did she.

"Stop following me."

He was getting pissed by each passing second if his clenched jaw was any indication.

"I want answers!"

"What answers?"

"Why you are helping me? Where do you fit in all this?"

"I decided to make things a bit easier for you. You got lucky. Nothing else."

"Stop talking riddles with me. There's something you are getting out of this arrangement. What do you have to do with Regina?"

He was visibly irritated now.

"Getting even in a situation which she started. Is this explanation enough for you?"

"You are getting back at her by using me aren't you?"

"Finally she understands!"

He exclaimed with mock excitement.

"What am I? A bait?"

"Better than a victim in my opinion."

"I prefer to be a survivor."

She shot back with a rage matching his.

"I don't know what you are intending to do but one thing is for sure Mr Khan. I won't let anyone take advantage of me anymore. "

"As if I find you suitable enough to get any advantage. Listen to me very carefully now. We are both in a situation where a co operation between us means things will run smoothly. I'll get my revenge. You'll get your freedom. We'll get rid of each other. The bright end of it all. So stop being a whining headache and go get some rest. You sure had an adventurous day."

Her eyes narrowed as she stared deep into his blue ones.

"Just so you know. I don't like you. You make me as much wry of yourself as you are of me."

"An other wonderful addition to my fanclub. Welcome sweetheart. You'll enjoy the hype."

He winked at her when she took a step back and stumbled hitting the table behind. His arm reached out to strengthened her but before he could her hand hit the nearby shelf and the photo frame on it came crashing down to the ground. It hit the marble floor and smashed into pieces. Noor's head whipped in its direction and she saw the now destroyed frame lying there where the smiling face of a woman was staring back at her. The picture and the face had odd similarity with the man stood in front of her. It didn't take her long to figure out that it was his mother. She looked at the poor frame ad then at him with anxiety. Curling his fingers into a fist he controlled his anger but it was of no use. In two steps he stepped into her personal space.

"What. Did. You. Just. Do."

She trembled with the intensity of his rage which was for the very first time directed right at her.

"Answer me damn it! Do you have even slightest idea what you have done? What's your problem? Why you had to be such a klutz all the time!"

The usual snarky and sarcastic side of him was turned into a bellowing one. As if all his pent up emotions reached the surface and burst open. He must had a very strong bond with the photo which she'd just ruined. Wide eyed she didn't realize when her eyes covered with a sheen of tears. She was trying to appear strong but all her life she'd never seen someone as mad as he was right now.

He didn't say anything and just kept looking at her. She blinked her eyes and in a swift motion was out of his room. He glanced at the broken photo frame of his mother and then at his reflection in the mirror.

The fact that he'd scared her by his anger had left him speechless and very much bothered.

Why? He had no clue.

Little did he know Rayyan Ahmed Khan who had no weakness at all met his biggest weakness that day.

Her discomfort when it was caused by him.

_______

Noor was sitting on the couch in her temporary room deep in thoughts. Rayyan was in his room. Sabahat who had come to her room to check on her had given her a sad apologetic smile. After all this girl, too became a victim of her Master's famous anger. She thought it to be her duty to tell the girl how her sir was very protective of his dead mother's belongings and she should take care next time.

The events of a while back were occupying Noor's mind. The showdown between them. Him admitting that he was using her to get back to Regina and then the mishap of breaking that photo frame.

His mother's photo frame to be precise. She was sure the heavy emotions that passed through him after the incident were an indication that he shared a deep bond with her. His fury was something she'd never witnessed before.

For the first time in these days she thought about the life of her savior cum captor. He had lost his mother and her belongings were precious to him. She could tell. She had lost her parents too and till date the ache was still intact. She could see the pain in his eyes.

She'd definitely intruded and ruined something so personal and now she owed him an apology. Everything else aside her mind couldn't stop reprimanding her at being the one to cause this kind of ordeal.

She got up from the bed and made her way towards his room. Upon entering she found him lost in his own thoughts standing in the open window. She slightly knocked at the door. He turned his face where she was standing. He didn't say anything leaving her confused was she allowed to enter or not. But she had to lift the burden of her conscientious off her. With confident steps she stood behind him.

"I won't take much of your time. I'm just here to apologize for harming something which belonged to you."

He turned fully towards her ready to give her a cold reply when she spoke again.

"I'm really sorry. I can understand your pain. The people who are just in the form of few photographs are close to us. Those memories are precious. Just like those people."

"Those memories are broken now."

His reply was curt. A sad smile appeared on her face.

"We do have our fair share of differences but let's agree here. Memories can't be broken like that. And you should still be happy that the frame is broken but the memory is intact. Some people are not even that lucky. For they don't have anything to keep close to remember the people they love."

She wiped a lone tear and looked at him once again.

"I hope and pray wherever your mother is she finds peace and guides you in life in the form of light because that's what parents are for. No matter they are with you or not but they'll always guide you through their light. Sorry once again Mr Khan."

She turned on her feet and left his room quietly not realizing what storm she'd awaken in him.

_____

She was gone with her scent and words lingering in the silent room. He turned his stiff back to the window and looked around anxiously. What he was searching he also didn't know.

Was she right? Was parents always guiding their kids in the form of light? Then why he never felt it in his life ever? Was his mother not throwing her light at him to show him the right path in life?

Then it dawned upon him. He never got a light because he never chose the right path. Was his mother angry with him? Was she not happy with the man he'd become? The thought piercing his heart.

He'd always felt he close with him when he was younger but as he grew up her presence also kept on vanishing from his life. May be his life choices weren't approved by her. May be he wasn't the son she wanted.

He wanted to scream out loud. A stupid girl and her beliefs shouldn't mess with his mind but they were. They were making him lose his freaking mind and he didn't like it one bit. When he gave her shelter at his place just to seek revenge on Regina he never knew he would be in such a mess.

All this started looking so damn complicated. The girl was doing something with his mind. She wasn't as ordinary as he had thought. She was different. And he needed to get rid off her as soon as possible.

_______________

Asim entered the house with tiredness written on his face. Sarmad had just told him about Noor's disappearance and that was not good. He had to think of something and make sure she never came back here. He put up a relaxed front and made his way towards his room only to find his wife throwing apparently his stuff on the bed.

"Izma what are you doing?"

He asked with a curious smile but Izma didn't say anything in return.

"Izma? Are you listening? Are we going somewhere?"

"Yes! But not us. Only you.

He was confused.

"What? Where am I going!"

"Away from us. Out of this house. Out of our lives."

Her words were dipped in pure disgust which made Asim alert.

"Izma..."

But a tight slap landed on his face making him stumble. Izma held him from his collar shooting daggers.

"How could you! I have trusted you! And this what you have to offer me in return?"

" I'm not getting..."

He said trembling when Izma pushed him away.

"Don't you dare lie! Don't you dare deny! You sold my sister! You traded her for money!"

Asim was tongue tied.

"What you have to say now Asim? Deny it? Say you didn't do any such thing?"

Asim looked away when Izma wiped her tear harshly.

"You played all of us. You played with my sister. What she had done to get such a treatment from you?"

She pushed him again when he too lost his calm.

"Enough! What do you think? Why I did all this? Not for myself but for our daughter! We needed the money for Maheen. I was helpless!"

"And that gave you the right to decide for my sister? Tell me honestly if in future Maheen falls sick again or something happens to me whom you'll sell? Me for Maheen or Maheen for me?"

"Izma!"

He shouted loudly.

"It pain didn't it? When it came to your family, Your wife, your daughter it pained! What about my sister! I don't even know where she is! What you did to her! You..."

She broke into sobs. Asim held her but she pushed him away.

"Don't you dare touch me with your filthy hands! Just get out of here!"

She pushed him towards the door. Sobs were shaking her form but Asim wasn't budging.

"I said get lost!"

Instead of showing any remorse he came a step forward when she threw a glare his way and leapt forward to dial police number. But he was quick to understand her reaction. He held her arms and pushed her towards the bed.

"I love you but I'm not letting you ruin anything."

"I'm doing what I should've long back! You deserve in a prison cell only."

Asim wiped the sweat off his face and looked around. His eyes fell on the discarded carton at the top shelf and he immediately pulled it down taking out what he needed. Izma understood his intentions and made a dash for the door but he held her and soon tied her to the bed.

"I'm so sorry Izzy but no. I can't let you ruin our lives. Don't please! Can't you just forget Noor?"

Izma's struggle to break free intensified making him clench his hands to the side.

"Unless you change your mind you are staying here and I'm not letting you fuck up."

He said and taking an asleep Maheen in his arms left for the other room. Izma's eyes felt cloudy due to all the tears gathered on the brink on her eyes.

Her life had been nothing but a joke.

A painful one.

___

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660K 54K 55
[wattpad featured story] For Rabail her entire world revolves around the ideals, traditions, and honor of her family, but fate brings her face to fac...
9.2K 828 17
Nyla Azim is loved as much as she is hated. She is outspoken, extroverted, and too deep in her own thoughts to care what other people think about her...
358K 5.8K 14
"Ahad please..." I gazed at his eyes. They were the deepest that I had ever found. My emotions scurried away towards a more tightening grip in my thr...
595K 40.6K 73
I walked down the dark hallway, my eyes scanning the rooms on my way.The door was slightly ajar as I reached the end of the hallway, my hands pushing...