The Art of Wasting Time ~ g.d.

By dolsfeels

Sometimes love is right in front of your face and you don't realize it. More

The Art of Wasting Time
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Epilogue
Next book

8

3.5K 94 48
By dolsfeels

Violet:

"Oatmeal." I say pointing to the boxes of Quaker Oats. "Got it." Grayson mutters as he tosses three boxes into the cart. All different flavors.

"What else?" He ask ready to move to the next aisle. "I really want some pickles." I say pushing my hair  behind my ear. "Violet, you hate pickles." He chuckles.

I must seem absolutely crazy. "I know but for some reason they sound so good." I whine.

"Fine we'll get pickles." He groans pushing the cart down the aisle. "Maybe the baby likes pickles and that's why you want it." Grayson smiles. "Maybe." I chuckle.

"It must like some really weird things because I feel like I'm always wanting crazy stuff." I giggle causing him to laugh.

"Ah there they are." I say as I spot the jars of pickles. I go to reach for the kosher Spears and it's not working which causes me to groan. I'm way too short for stuff like this.

"I got it." Grayson murmurs as he places his hand on the small of my back which causes goosebumps to form on my arms. His touch is so gentle and warm.

I can't think about him like this. What about Ethan? Ethan is the father of my child.

"Anything else?" He ask as he carries them to the cart. "I think I'm good What about you?" I ask looking around as if I forgot something. "I think we got everything." He smiles as he grabs the cart and begins to push it towards check out.

"Ugh I need a nap." I groan as we stand in line. Grayson just chuckles at how childish I'm currently being.

"How are we gonna pay for this?" I ask referring as to how we're going to split the price. "I got it." He shrugs. "Are you sure?" I ask wide eyed as I look at the full cart.

"It's fine. I promise." He says as we move forward in line.

We both begin to stack things up onto the counter. The lady smiles at us once were finished.

The items scan quickly and the bag boy sets everything into the cart neatly. Grayson swipes his card and we're quick to walk out considering we've spent enough time in the crowded building.

"Start the car. I'll get in after I set the groceries in the trunk." Grayson says handing me the keys. I just nod and head for the passenger seat.

I start the car like he told me to and slump back into my seat. It's so quiet in the car and it allows my mind to wonder places it probably shouldn't.

Grayson's door swings open and he hops in. "Are you okay? Do you feel nauseous?" He ask quickly. "No no no. I'm just thinking too much. That's all." I mutter still keeping my eyes focused out the window at nothing in particular.

"About what?" He ask as his seatbelt lets out a soft click. "Do you think he misses us?" I blurt as I turn to him. His face falls due to the sore subject.

"I don't know." Is all he says. I don't know what I expected him to say. Of course he doesn't know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 10.2K 41
Me and my best friend Grayson have been best friends when we were babies, but when we went to a party that's when everything changed. Best friends d...
3.6K 85 13
You are a teenager from New York. Life is great. Your family is very wealthy. You have many friends. You are known as a very happy, bright and good g...
133K 3.4K 27
God, she's so blind. Maybe one day she'll realize that I'm better than that douche bag. Started October 18, 2017 Finished November 16, 2017
294K 9.9K 18
What happens when you your life doesn't turn out how you planned? What happens when you run into the man you thought you were meant to marry? MATURE...