Angel [Hierarchy Series] [Har...

By Reader_as_YourName20

Harry Potter Ladies x Female Reader -------------------------------------- Had the Father been so blind Putti... More

Chapter 1 - The Call
Chapter 2 - Being Chosen
Chapter 3 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 4 - Hogwarts Express
Chapter 5 - Hogwarts Castle
Chapter 6 - The Tour
Chapter 7 - West Tower
Chapter 8 - A Secret
Chapter 9 - Dueling Club
Chapter 10 - Flying Lesson
Chapter 11 - The Start
Chapter 12 - The Conversation
Chapter 13 - Uncommon Dream
Chapter 14 - To fall
Chapter 15 - Broomstick Flying
Chapter 16 - Her confession
Chapter 18 - Our Neighbor
Chapter 19 - Picture Perfect
Chapter 20 - Evening Run
Chapter 21 - Wolve's Den
Chapter 22 - Ice Skating
Chapter 23 - Reo's Simba
Chapter 24 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 25 - The Godfather
Chapter 26 - Reid's Castle
Chapter 27 - Her Epiphany
Chapter 28 - Away Again
Chapter 29 - The Malfoy
Chapter 30 - By January
Chapter 31 - Whole Package
Chapter 32 - Dark Forest
Chapter 33 - The Rumors
Chapter 34 - Coming Clean
Chapter 35 - Wand-less Magic
Chapter 36 - Connecting Everything
Chapter 37 - Girl's Lavatory
Chapter 38 - The Letters
Chapter 39 - Last Night
Chapter 40 - After Before
Chapter 41 - Death's Trade
Chapter 42 - Izumi Village

Chapter 17 - Before Christmas

181 8 6
By Reader_as_YourName20

Chapter 17

It was after supper that Ella beckoned Y/N to come with her. They exit the Great Hall –with Y/N glancing at the Gryffindor's table to bid a silent goodnight to Nathan who smiles back at her –and they catch up to a certain, lonely Ravenclaw that Y/N hasn't met.

The older Hufflepuff called upon a girl, yelling "Luna, hey wait up!"

She was a dirty blonde girl and Y/N was quickly captivated by that feature; she found the shagginess quite odd though. And when the Ravenclaw faced their way, Y/N felt more mesmerized and awestruck upon the sight of protuberant, silvery eyes that seem surprised, it's a like a permanent look.

"Hello Ella," said an airy voice "is the Nargles still bothering you?"

"N-no," Ella dismissed and grinned, "they finally settle down with me after I finally leave them be in the mistletoe and gave them their own space. It's amazing really; I haven't lost anything ever since."

Luna hums and gave a dreamy smile. "I'm glad."

"Oh hey," Ella snaps her fingers, "Luna, I want you to meet my buddy, Y/N L/N!" introduced Ella, nudging the stunned Hufflepuff beside her. "And N/N, this is Luna Lovegood." she added then, snapping Y/N from her trance after nudging her one more time.

This moment took Y/N by surprised as she dwells in her thoughts, her voice having quite a fit with the other one. You see, her senses were being flooded by certain feelings she only feel when in Hermione's company. That sense of contentment that Y/N breathes in and that silent insurance that made Y/N feel the safest. She questions the one that argues, that says that 'My dear chosen one, another one.'

And that calm waves that radiates from the Ravenclaw, it was reaching Y/N out and the Hufflepuff wonder if it would be weird if she step closer, but thinking that'll be weird, she restraint.

And like what happened back then with Hermione, Y/N was like a passenger when her body moves on its content. She grasps the soft skin of Luna's waiting hand and place a kiss on the Ravenclaw's knuckle, "Bonsoir, Mademoiselle." Her charming native tongue murmur, though loud enough for Luna to hear.

With a smile like Mona Lisa, Y/N was even more awestruck and felt more compel to the mystery that is in front of her with the Ravenclaw simply commented, "So we've meet, finally." that the blonde didn't give any explanation of her meaning.

As if she gets it, Y/N nodded –again she wasn't really aware of her doing much. "Oui, zough you and moi should 'ave so much earlier."

The Ravenclaw shook her head, "I think here now is better don't you think?" she pointed out before glancing up to Y/N's head. "And really, since the Nargles just start bothering you, are when I knew I can help." and still with a dreamy look, Luna reach up to the Hufflepuff's head and start dusting the air. "There." but she frowns, still looking at Y/N's head, though now with squinted eyes, when the tiny fairies come back to nestle into the Hufflepuff's hair. "They must really like nesting into your hair. I've been seeing them with you since the start of the term."

Y/N blinked a few, not getting what these 'Nargles' –if there is really –are doing on top of her head, "O-oh, why iz zat?"

"You're warm," Luna stated, now petting Y/N's head but avoiding the Nargles in hope not to make them angry, "and producing quite an odd amount of selcouth cinnabar. This attracts most of them but... my, they must really like you." And she reaches out and leans close, giving Y/N's hair a sniff. "Oh, so that's why. Your smells are quite rich."

"Hmm..." and Y/N chuckled shyly, "Should moi be alarmed zough?"

"Not quite..." Luna shook her head. She finally stops petting Y/N then and step away from Y/N's persona space, much to the Hufflepuff's dismay. Luna didn't want to make the little fairies jealous. "If you don't mind having to take care of mischievous fairies that would probably steal your things and have you look for them for a long time." She murmurs then.

Y/N laughed and nodded, "I guess I can 'andle zat just fine."

The two were too engaged in their conversation to notice the fascinated look upon Ella and the grin on her face while the ones passing by gave them a weird look. Ella had met the Luna Lovegood when rumor had reached her by her friends. She and Nick had been surprised though, when the girl seem to know their little secrets the moment they meet face-to-face.

Well, honestly, Ella thought that the Ravenclaw was going to blackmail them with this knowledge so she was pretty guarded but having such conversations with Luna made her believe that the girl was simply observant and had believe on things that few thought was ridiculous.

Ella was happy that she can discuss personal things with other people than her sister and Nick, not that she doesn't appreciate the two it just felt much nicer with the Ravenclaw since they share common interest. And to see that Y/N getting along so quickly with the Ravenclaw too, gave her hope that she'll be accepted as she is to be when Ella finally confess the truth to such a dear friend.

Soon, Luna bid goodbye, having an urgent matter to write later for her essays.

Y/N wave along with Ella as she departs away and finally, she redeem her control over her body again. Y/N felt weird out though but didn't say anything about it, she may sound weird or possessed. She doesn't want Ella to think of her differently any more than the girl may already does.

"She's amazing isn't she?" grinned Ella when Luna was out of sight.

"Yes, though I can admit I didn't understand a few things she said." Y/N confessed, rubbing the back of her head in the progressed shyly. "But... she's interesting, really, I never have heard of Nargles before."

"They're little fairies," Ella chuckled as she reported; "they like to steal stuff apparently and likely are residents of mistletoes. I'm a victim as well if you don't believe it."

You can see the glint in Y/N's eyes when she gasp "Whoa." and she looked like a child –not like she isn't –having to hear a new bedtime story. "What do they look like then?"

"I'm not sure," Ella sighed, "they're too little to see."

"But she can...?" Y/N pointed out, confuse.

Ella beckoned Y/N to follow her as she stated that "I heard from her that Luna's dad's the source of this eccentric information and may have shared everything to her his every discovery..." Ella sighs, sombering a bit. "It becomes her belief, you know, and apparently, students here think it's abnormal and ludicrous... They even start calling her Loony Lovegood for the fun of it."

Y/N hurried to Ella's side and links their arms together, she felt empathy quickly but tried to lighten up the mood, saying "I'm sure she's glad to have someone like you believing her though and whatever she likes it or not, I'm on her side now too. I really, and I mean really, wanna know more!" Ella halted then in surprise and this shows on her face, her eyes widen and her mouth gaping slightly. "W-what's wrong, El... Hey?"

Recovering from this, Ella shook her head and took a deep breath, "C-can I be honest with you, Y/N?"

"Of course!" was Y/N's quick reply.

Ella thought for a moment, torn between revealing herself or not. Would the girl be freak out? No, that's not really possible since Y/N had been nothing but open-minded about every certain things but this may change her perspective about her and Mia. "I..." she trailed off, hesitating.

"Hey," Y/N reach out and brush off Ella's hair behind her ears, "you can tell me anything, Ella." She insured, stepping a bit closer.

"I want to be a Magizoologist one day." Ella confessed with honesty but she felt some shame when she cowardly back down on confessing the real thing.

Y/N quickly look lost, blurting out "A magic-what now?"

Chuckling a bit, Ella repeated "Magizoologist," slowly for Y/N to hear, "it's a term to call someone who studies magical creatures." She explained.

"So, like Newt Scamander?" gasp Y/N –she have read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them once or twice here and there so she knew what type of job it was, she just forgot what it was called –before she excitedly beams, "That's wonderful, El!" She tackled the older Hufflepuff in a quick hug. "I'm glad you already know what future you're going to tackle."

"Y-yeah," Ella nodded when Y/N lean away, "thanks, Y/N." she breathes out, feeling her affinity to young girl grows.

Y/N smile innocently, tilting her head aside a bit "Why though?"

"Just... thank you."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Y/n can't believe it; December had gone on so quickly that tomorrow it'll be the start of their holidays. She was in the dorm, slumping in worries with her book forgotten and tossed aside. She busies her hand into caressing Pixie's fur.

Apparently, Mia hasn't return because the matter in their home got out of control, in which Ella reported. The Headmaster confirmed this to her when she asked but the man promised that her friend wasn't in danger or any sort.

Also, with that aside, Y/N had got along with everyone just fine. Hermione was a bit protective though, especially when a certain Slytherins –Pansy Parkinson and Draco Malfoy being specific –starts paying attention to her. She was just passing by one morning and all the sudden; she was being taunted for no reason. She was still being accused of being a Siren in disguise of being a 'filthy' Muggle. "Not like there's a different." Pansy quoted and has her group of friends' laughs at her statement.

But Y/N, being used of being bullied, just smiles along the way when she was being cornered. She understood that schools, magic or not, would be pretty much nothing without these types of people, she figured. Nathan and Hermione, however, arrived to the rescue, followed by an angry Nick, and Y/N had to put restraint on both of the boys to stop them from making a violent scene.

Nathan was fueled with hatred –while Nick simply back down when Y/N pleas for him to do so but that didn't stop him from giving out threats –on the two that, along with the Weasley Twin, jinxed the Slytherin without being caught –well, Y/N did caught them, only her that did.

The three Gryffindor wasn't prepared to receive such wrath from a Hufflepuff. Well, Nathan –knowing his fate –did try to escape but he instead –with the hall filled with students –received Y/N's famous maneuver moved called Hane Goshi in Judo –spring-hip throw in English – which she learned from her uncle's friends. She may be smaller than him but Merlin, she's strong!

Everyone was surprised, confuse, and curious of how she had done it so quick. Few Muggles, who saw, were familiar with it –while the others gossip that it was a wand-less magic –but it didn't stop them from gawking while Nathan lies on the floor in defeat.

He may run faster but Y/N had more stamina.

She really hates it when Nathan does these things, trying to get back on people on her sake. He's reckless but she loves him but he could be too much some times, especially now that they have magic in their hands.

This, though, made Y/N more eye-catching to the others and she regret from letting her own frustration gets the best of hers. She tried to clear out the rumor about her doing wand-less magic –she didn't even knew the existent of that ability –but people were somehow persistent in the gossips. Lavender Brown even confronted her but instead of actually listening, the 2nd year Gryffindor had made a conclusion by herself and sprint away without giving Y/N a chance to talk.

She wanted to cry when Hermione told her what Lavender had been sharing.

She didn't talk to Nathan for a bit –like she always does when he acted like so –and bonded with Luna Lovegood in her lone time. She was truly intrigued, you know, having to hear the Ravenclaw's knowledge about creatures unseen, or even those who are told in Newt Scamander's book, or about everything she knew that had been proved. Luna shared the bits of her experience and discovery and Y/N happily listens. Ella would join them and their meetings become a session that quickly builds into a tradition.

Y/N even invited Luna in one fine Friday night to the West Tower and even sings a song for the Ravenclaw. Luna was fascinated by how the owls were responding to Y/N though; she said a few words about it, saying that she believe the birds were simply responding to a connection. What it was, Luna didn't say.

She simply gave that Mona Lisa smile again.

And surprisingly, Y/N may have an argument with a Ravenclaw –not Luna, mind you, Y/N think that she can really bring a fight if she and Luna ever disagree –in Potion about a stirring a specific potion and despite being right, Y/N feared that the Potion Master wouldn't take kindly to the student who interrupted his class.

Y/N heard many rumors.

Snape had obviously favored Slytherins –being the Head of the house, it's quite expected –and can be unfair. Hermione told how the Professor treated the Gryffindor –the mortal enemy of the 'Snakes' –and especially them, the trio, so Y/N waited for the disqualification of her house points and perhaps her first detention...

It didn't come.

The Ravenclaw girl had been warned after the man had taken points off the smart house, but to Y/N, he glared and only ordered for her to sit down and be quiet. The surprise gasp from everyone and whining –from the Ravenclaw girl –were ignored by the Professor while Y/N just sat there dumbfound, not knowing what to do –to feel even.

Y/N hadn't really paid attention to his way of approach but many notices the way he is 'kind' to her. It wouldn't be because of Y/N's hard work on his subject –Y/N, despite her eagerness about the lessons –isn't really that good with potion making. She passes her assignments on time, that's true, and she filled her essays with well-done researches but... 'Is it really enough for him?' she'd ask herself sometimes.

But then, rather than questioning it, Y/N just let it be.

But about Katie Bell though, Y/N was lost and sad about it. The Gryffindor seems to be avoiding her at all cost! In Y/N's every approach, the girl seems to quick to walk away and find every excuse not be in her presence for too long.

Y/N tells Ella all about this and the older Hufflepuff had willing provided the role of the one to be a shoulder to cry on every time.

Ginny was avoiding her too and the redhead did it without flaw. On class, the girl would sit near the door so she'd rush out when the class ended. On the Great Hall, Ginny would sit along the Weasley twins –that seem very cautious now about Y/N but would interact with her in some conversation here and there if she's by herself. Nathan haven't managed to get to Ginny too and this was breaking Y/N's heart breaks more. First it was Katie and now Ginny too.

She did try to approach Ron but the boy reported that Ginny hadn't said much to him too, but that, as he said, was normal. "She's always shy, especially around Harry too." Ron said, not really getting the worried look on Y/N's face. "She'll warm up to you, N/N, give her time I guess."

He won again in their game of chess.

Tiff was getting better on her baking skills though, once a week she'd go and ask Y/N to be the judge. When Y/N ask why the girl was so keen to build her baking skills, Tiff finally admits that on Valentine's day, she really wanna surprise her source of determination and Y/N, ever eager to lent a hand, willingly put her opinion on Tiff's baking and gave advice. She was blunt about everything, not wanting to spare the girl's feeling. Tiff accepted the truth and made them as her motivation, as she said to Y/N.

In return though, despite Y/N's protest that Tiff didn't had to, Tiff would always volunteer to do Y/N's hair whenever they have a free time. Tiff said she enjoyed doing it and that she was fascinated how each hairstyle she was taught seems to fit Y/N so well and how it was adaptable in each ways.

Now, alone to her thoughts and a breaking heart, Y/N heard someone knocking on her window. She hurried to open it when she saw Nagel. "Hey, welcome back, Nagel." she greeted the hawk-like owl. Nagel lands on her shoulder and scotch close to her warmth. The breeze outside had been so cold and Y/N happily provide him the heat he's searching for. Pixie wake from her sleep while Y/N was hasting around though and Y/N, looking apologetic, mumbled her sorry.

Her parents had responded from Y/N's previous letter and she, carefully, unfold the letter.

" Dear sweet Y/N;

                    We're happy that you're coming back to celebrate Christmas Eve with us! We've missed you so much, Y/N, and we can't wait to unite with you. But love, I will confess that I have my schedule full until 28, despite the holiday, the hospital have decided to have constant shift in order to overlook any accident. You know how it is. And, unfortunately too, Lilith as well have some affairs that required quick attention. We still are home and will be until 24th where your uncle Dax will be picking you up.

                     I'm sorry, Y/N, we truly are really looking forward upon seeing you again, the house had been a little quiet without you and Nathan around, but I hope you can understand this situation. I promise that your mum and I will be picking you up and will celebrate an early Eve with you.

Sincerely,

Your mummies, Lith and Meg "

It wasn't new and Y/N didn't felt much disappointment. She'll be fully surprised if either of them wasn't having anything to do in the holidays! Megan had always had her schedules fully occupied in Christmas and New Year, the accidents and patients don't take holiday apparently and Y/N, since young age, understood that. Sometimes, in rare times that is, Lilith would be home with her but this year, Y/N's gonna spends her holidays with her uncle as she always had done.

Y/N thought that she won't need to reply since she'll be going home at the 21st, which will be tomorrow, so she simply tucks the letter away and begun packing up her things. Anya caught her while she was in the middle of it.

"Hey, Y/N," greeted the smiling girl, "excited for the holidays are you?" Anya beckons the prepared suitcases.

Returning the smile, Y/N smiles her perfect smile, saying "Yep! I can't wait to get back home!" she sounded as if she was squealing in exuberance. It's true though, she was happy to get back home and see her parents, even for a bit. That's her wish for Christmas after all; well, one of them that is, her top wish was to have both of them celebrating it with her.

"Me too," Anya belted happily, "I can't wait to see my family and catch up with them. I miss my brothers too, despite their freaking smelly feet." she giggled, having her mind in miles away then as she recount the Maple's family members.

Anya was comfortable to share everything with Y/N since the girl shows no judgments whatsoever. Y/N quoted that she has her own opinions and she had no right to judge someone for having their own. Anya couldn't believe how well the girl seems to adapt everything with an open mind and she couldn't ask for a better friend.

Y/N finished packing while Anya was simply watching her do so in silent since Anya have done hers just this morning. Anya knew what was happening next when the owl, Nagel, flew and land into Y/N's shoulder, hooting in excitement as Y/N simply giggle. It was Friday and, like the past months had been, Y/N always seems to have somewhere to be each Friday night.

"Well, I'll be out for a bit." Y/N informed, petting her cat and place a kiss Pixie's head while the cat simply gave her a short glance and closed her eyes again in return.

"Y/N wait," Anya called, her curiosity surfacing finally.

"Yeah?" respond Y/N.

"I've been wondering... where do you always go at this hour?" Anya hopes she wasn't invading something personal but she's been itching to know. Y/N's was a mystery that only a few could understand, and despite being her friend now, Anya doesn't know much about Y/N outside classes.

"To the West Tower," Y/N confessed with a shrug and clear that, "I always go there, if that's what you're wondering about."

"But why...?" Anya glanced at the owl in her shoulder. If Y/N needed an owl, Nagel is right there.

Y/N let out a giggle while Nagel coos impatiently. Y/N's face lit up then, she thought of an idea! "You can go with me if you're that curious." she offered and gave Anya a moment to decide. "We'll be back before curfew, I promise." Anya took the chance then and simply followed her friend to their destination.

True to her words, Y/N had leaded her to the Owlery and Anya saw how many owls had welcomed them. Anya has an owl of her own and she was even more surprise to see Bern had flew to Y/N instead to her but she didn't voice this, she couldn't when hundreds of owls were cooing in such volume.

Excitement were in the air and the tower's residents were taking turns to be touched by Y/N, who was humming and giggling –obviously forgetting she had another company with her tonight.

Anya was starting to feel the cold when they reach the top tower and she shivers. Bern, her owl, seeing this, cooed louder to get Y/N's attention. Y/N was dumbfounded at first but then realized that Anya was with her all this time! She quickly cast a warming spell for her fellow Hufflepuff. "Oh Merlin, are you okay Ann? I totally forgot that you were with me! I-I'm so sorry."

"Y-yeah." she laughs for a moment. Somehow she understood what Y/N's meant to say, that the moment they step in here, Y/N was indulged to a world of her own that everything disappeared, nothing else mattered. 'So that's why...' Anya finally got everything connected together.

But before either of them could say anything else, a pop and soft thud interrupted them. Y/N, knowing just who, marveled "Rommie! You're just in time!"

The elf returned the greetings in a cheery voice "After supper, just as Miss had said."

Anya recognized the elf, she saw him somewhere before she's sure. She frowns then, questions popping in her mind as the second goes by. She wonders what an elf is doing in the Owlery and what business that Y/N has to do with such creature.

"Where are the others?" inquired Y/N, leaning low to level the elf's big eyes.

"Finishing their chores Miss –" another few pops dictated the arrival of the waited companies.

"Curtsy, Stinkie, Obbie, you made it too!" cheered Y/N, grinning wide upon the sight of the other elves.

Along with Rommie, the elves chimed "Miss L/N, good evening!" altogether, like they have done ever since their first meeting.

It was the second week of December where it all started, at first only with Rommie. Y/N bumps into the elf at night and Y/N decided to ask the elf if he could bring some few fruits and leftovers foods and deliver it on the West Tower that same time.

Y/N wanted to give some treats to the owl, wanting to thank them for always cheering her up. When Rommie did arrive with the food, he was almost attacked by the hungry birds but on Y/N's command, he was saved.

Rommie didn't leave yet, wondering what she was doing in the tower in such hour. Y/N shared everything to the elf, saying that she'd sometimes sing along with the owls, that she sometimes read the birds a story she found interesting, or simply take care of them so they wouldn't feel so depressed.

And on that same time, Y/N brought some of her bedtime story books that she asked her mothers' to send via Nagel. Y/N asks if the elf could read English and Rommie confessed that he cannot. A plan quickly formed into the Hufflepuff's mind and that night, she tried to teach the elf a bit of reading. Another night had passed and Y/N once again bumps into Rommie, she again offers a night of her reading another story.

Rommie shared it to Curtsy at first and the female elf visited to see if it was true. Curtsy was offered the education too. Then it was Stinkie and Obbie next and Y/N happily assigned Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights as their class.

"Well, now everyone's here, I'd like to introduce to you guys Anya, my friend!" Y/N started, gesturing Anya, who stood stun a few steps behind Y/N. "She'll be observing us for tonight though, don't be shy, Anya is kind and sweet."

Rommie, ever the confident elf he is, first introduce himself along with Cursty, Obbie was a bit shy along with Stinkie but was the first one to wave his greeting before Stinkie, who was hiding behind Y/N's cloak, says his.

"C-can I ask, i-if I may, what is this about?" asked Anya, having the introduction done.

"Well..." Y/N cleared her throat but before she could explain the situation, Rommie volunteered himself.

"Miss will be telling us great stories." He told with pride.

"A-and w-would be teaching us h-how t-to read." Stinkie added, still clinging into Y/N's cloak.

"The Miss is exemplary and lavishly, truly." complimented Curtsy, wanting to return the days Y/N had praised her. Her vocabulary had extended a bit because of Y/N's teaching.

"We appreciate that the Miss does this." finished Obbie, smiling along with the other elves. "She does not ask anything in return but we do want to help her and learn what she taught us to make her proud."

Y/N was blushing though; she didn't entirely know how her little friend feels about this exchange but felt flattered at how they did. It was a little surreal though, she wasn't a dense person. People wouldn't take pleasure in what she's doing; they would scold her for it, especially that there's a law for elf to only have such job and gain nothing, even respect, for their royalty. She will surely be judges with what is her motives probably, even she have nothing else in mind than to give.

Y/N's different, Y/N knew that she always had been, but she dreads to hear what Anya, a good friend, would say about this matter. "Well," the other Hufflepuff trailed off and the suspense thickens, "don't let me hold you guys any further." Anya grinned.

Y/N's beams but she reminds herself to control herself, not wanting to expose her true self just yet. Few people already knew but she's still cautioned. 'Baby steps.' she thought to herself and simply nodded, carrying on with today's plan. Y/N transfigures one of the baskets nearby into a small blackboard and took out some chalk from her pocket.

Though, for today, she will not be teaching the elves the basic of reading since they somehow pass it. Today, she's testing the water, so instead she will be teaching them how to sing! She wrote "Blackbird." in blackboard then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 6.9K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
612K 30.9K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
224K 6.6K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...