aisle five » hemmings a.u.

By grlfrndsbtchn

in which a girl with an unhealthy love for starbursts and a boy whose hair has been accidentally dyed purple... More

aisle five » hemmings a.u.
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
forty
forty-one
ugh shitfuck
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
epilogue
idea
hey......

thirty-nine

122K 5.8K 6.2K
By grlfrndsbtchn

twitter: intoxicatingcal
em's twitter: emroseking
luke's twitter: lukerha5

»

Her hands shook as she drove to her flat. She imagined the whole hunt would be to distract her so he could get into her apartment, but what for?

Emma's heart thudded in her chest and she felt like she was going to throw up. This wasn't like when she went to his flat for the first time, or when she got stuck in the store in the first place. It was so weird that she was so nervous to see Luke. He shouldn't have made her feel like they'd just met again, but he did. It was like their first date all over.

As she pulled into her building's parking lot, she expected her heart to jump out of her chest when she saw his sleek black car parked neatly in the spot next to hers. Her eyes nervously flitted up to her building.

She sat in her car for a few minutes. God, could she even muster up the courage to do this? Em had no balls, none whatsoever. She was absolutely terrified. Luke was up there and of course she wanted to see him, but she was so scared. Finally, she stepped out and looked in the reflection of the window of her truck, fixing her hair. Jesus.

Emma gulped and went into the apartment complex, waving at Birdwoman skittishly. It was like she wasn't in her own skin as she rode the lift up to her floor, tapping nervously on the railing, watching the numbers go from one, to two, to three. Then the gap between three and four felt tiredly long. And then she was stepping off and going to her door. Should she knock? Of course she shouldn't knock it was her own fricken flat.

She fumbled with the keys until she finally got them into the slot and turned, peeking her head in before stepping all the way into her flat, seeing that everything seemed normal, except it smelled . . . like Luke. She closed the door behind her and stepped in nervously.

"Em," his voice said and she jumped probably four feet in the air. She turned, all the air in her lungs dissipated and heat crept up to her cheeks. Luke was standing there, in her kitchen, looking completely normal like he belonged there. "Er, hi."

Emma couldn't even move. "Hi," she whispered, and it wasn't like he didn't hear it because the silence was thick and suffocating to both of them.

"I don't want to drag this out if you don't want me here, so. I sent you to all of those places for, like, three reasons. First, I needed you to get out so I could come here. Second, I wanted you to see and remember all of the good times we had and the memories and show you where and how I fell in love with you." He walked closer to her and she couldn't breathe as he took her hand and lead her to the island, sitting her down at a barstool. "And third, because I wanted to know."

She found her voice when she couldn't figure out what he meant. "Know what?" Em breathed, and he went around to the other side, leaning down to pluck something out of a plastic grocery bag. He stood up straight to set a pile of Starbursts down in front of her, making her giggle softly. Barely.

"To know if you thought I was worth it," Luke said and she furrowed her eyebrows, picking up a pink one and toying with the wrapper. "Personally, if I didn't love you anymore, I wouldn't go through all of that. I would just throw away the letter. But you didn't and I know that you have to love me still, you have to." Her eyes almost filled with tears, but she didn't let herself. "I'm in love with you. I love you so much it hurts. I'm human, and I make mistakes, and this mistake was the biggest fuck up of my life." If there was an award for biggest tear jerker, it'd be Luke. "If I lose you today, and if I let you slip through my fingers again, I won't ever forgive myself. You deserve better than me, obviously, but I can treat you ten thousand times better than I did before. I just don't know if you want me still."

Emma popped the candy into her mouth and watched him. "I love you, too," she muttered, barely audible through the sweet. "I really, really, really love you, and I know what I want."

He moved around the island to sit in the barstool next to her, so close. The pools of blue in his eyes was deep enough to swim in, and she stopped chewing. Her breathing quickened and he noticed, he noticed the way her eyes trailed up his hand that was rested against the counter and up to his face, the green of her eyes shrinking as her pupils dilated. She glanced away shyly under his gaze.

"I- I want, um, you." Em felt her insides twist and she looked back at him, finding that he looked just nervous as she did. "I miss you so much and I j- just need to know that you're in this as much as I am." He stared at her without saying anything. "L- Luke?" Why was she stuttering?

He blushed and laughed slightly. "I've been in this since day one," he whispered and moved closer, and she swallowed her Starburst. "I never got out."

Emma felt herself leaning towards him, too, and his hand landed on her knee. "I- I love you," she mumbled.

"I love you," Luke replied. "I love you, I love you, I love you." He stood up and held a hand out, and she didn't even hesitate to take it in her own. Em bit her lip as he took her to her bedroom, dragging her over to the window. "This is gonna' sound super cheesy, so get ready." A smile curled onto her lips. "There are a million people in this world, right? Like there's people in that building, and that one, and that one." He was pointing to a bunch of buildings outside but she wasn't even looking at the window. "But the person I want to spend the rest of my life with is right here."

And as if on instinct, she licked her lips and shot back, "Where?" and Luke couldn't help himself as he pushed her against the wall gently.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

Emma reached up and fixed a piece of hair that'd gone loose from his quiff, dropping her gaze to his eyes. "I'd be upset if you didn't," she murmured and that was basically all he needed to capture her lips in his.

And they fit together like the one missing puzzle piece that you find under your chair after you finish the entire puzzle. Luke lifted her by her thighs and wrapped her legs around his waist, carrying her to the bed. He sat down gently and then laid back so she was straddling his lap for once. Their tongues played and rubbed against each other and Luke smiled. "You taste sweet," he giggled and she tickled his side in return.

Just like that, as if with the snap of a finger, they were the same old LukeandEmma, both as enamored with each other as before. In reality neither of them stopped. He laughed until he couldn't breathe and she buried her face into his neck when she stopped, flopping down next to him.

"Do you want to spend the rest of your life with me, Emma?" Luke asked after a few minutes of them catching their breath. "I want to live in a house with a great lawn with two kids and a dog."

Emma shook her head. "No kids."

He looked down at her as she stared at the ceiling fan. "Why not?" he asked and she bit her lip, scrunching up her nose.

"Because babies smell bad and look like tiny trolls," she replied and he gasped. "Except for me. I was fabulous." Luke stared down at her, wondering what the hell went through her head on a daily basis.

"Fine, I'll have the babies. I'll turn into a seahorse." Luke realized what he just said and they both burst into laughter, tears pricking at the corners of their eyes. "Have my babies, Emma." She laughed harder and wiped at her eyes, shifting so she could look up at him.

Em sighed in content. "I'm so glad I have you back," she said. "It's scary here alone."

"It's okay, I'll protect you."

"You're not even scary."

"I am, too!"

"You're literally as scary as me."

"I don't know, you're pretty scary."

"Go have babies, Luke."

And that was sort of how the rest of their night went, with their usual playful bickering about whatever, and he made her pizza rolls, forcing her to lay down while he did it. She followed him into the kitchen where he forced her up onto the counter and lazily made out with her again. At some point after they ate pizza rolls she got sleepy and went to change, not even asking him to turn around as she took off the tank top.

"Wooh, strip for me, baby," Luke yelled as he laid down on the bed, placing his hands behind his head. She jokingly did a turn and threw the shirt at him, before snorting and pulling Luke's t-shirt that he'd abandoned earlier ("It's hot, Em.") and then sliding off her shorts. "Damn, you're sexy." He looked down at his phone.

Emma crawled onto the bed, sitting cross-cross-applesauce and staring at him. "Luke," she muttered and he looked up. "I want to do it." His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "It, Luke. I want to do it. With you. Like, right now."

»

look my authors note is at the bottom today it was feeling submissive bUHDUMCH

um so yeah I think I'll do smut next chapter so I have to do a lot of tweaking in order to do that and that'd take a while and I promised I'd update tonight so

how r u feeling

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 217 7
Collection of sickfics for the 5SOS boys.
519 4 20
Part two of The New Boy
23.1K 660 52
A story in which the popular softball player meets the loner at school.
716 28 32
*sequel to I got you*