A Knight to a Spartan

By SpartanII25

The legendary Spartan who has seen action for 30 continuously years. Fighting against three threats the insur... More

A hero
The search and old friends
The return
Truth and the Tribe's end
A Spartan's oath
The Mission and the hunt

A new battle and unexpected return

10.8K 82 83
By SpartanII25

As the Forward unto Dawn was crashing down on Remnant. Cortana made sure with whatever control she got left would be used to move the ship away from any populated cities. It was heading towards a crash course near a mountain that is way out of Vale's reach of visual. As they crash land the vessel's smiled false up when it hit the side of the mountain and it stop and while something on the bottom will surprise them. Once it stopped the ships power is restored and the Spartans start to get up and try to find out where they landed.

Cortana: Glad to see everyone in one piece.

Jaune: Same, Cortana Status report?

Cortana: The shield took most of the impact now they are down to 75%. No damage to the hull. Thrusters are a bit damage but that will be fixed. The Slip space drive is damage and it'll be a while before its fully repaired. Haroguk are all right and now they are already getting to repair what was damaged.

Kelly: So basically we are stuck on way what was it called Jaune.

Jaune: Remnant.

Kelly: Thank you on Remnant and we are on our own great.

Li: Could be worse.

Jorge: True at least we haven't seen any covenant remnants.

Cal: So what's next?

Cortana: Well now we, wait a minute I'm picking up two UNSC personal locations. It seems they are near a village or settlement.

Jaune: What how can there be any UNSC personal here?

Cortana: I don't know but we have to check them out. I'm having the bay open and a pelican ready.

Jaune: Alright, Blue team load up and get ready to move.

Blue team: Yes sir.

As they ran to the armory and got their desired gear and Jaune got a MA5C rifle with 6 clips and Two SMGs and his energy sword in his waist with two grenades. They went to the Pelican and got on and Jaune got in the Pilot seat and took off. After 5 minutes of Flying they are approaching the location and saw two figures fighting what look like enemy soldiers.

Jaune: Li you're taking over we're going in.

Li: Understood Jaune.

They got in and the enemy forces looked shock until the Pelican opened fire and killed multiple of them while others were hit while still standing but fell. The back open and they jumped off and got their primaries ready.

??: Well I though I never see that green color again Chief.

??2: Yes you all have come a long way. Since your days as Trainees.

The Spartans all turn to see Chief Mendez and for Jaune his friend Avery Johnson.

Jaune: Johnson I though you were dead.

Johnson:.I though so also but it seems I ain't done yet.

Mendez: Well talk later now we have bandits to take care off.

The Spartans saw the Bandits approach them. They formed a perimeter and Jaune said.

Jaune: Blue team engage!

They started to fire on the Bandits and effectively kill them while others seem to take a but more once something similar to a energy shield came out of them but it didn't have the same strength and soon they fell. Some of the Bandits open fire on the Spartans but their energy shielding took most of the impact but it didn't slow them down. Jorge just hold the trigger of his chaingun and slaughter 12 on them in 2 minutes. Kelly ran and used the shotgun to kill them at close range. Cal use her sniper to pick off those who would try to sneak and Jaune was using Hand to hand when one got close and snapped his neck and reloaded his MA5C. As the last one fell to his rifle his senses kicked in and dodge a blade and turn to see a lady with a Grimm dragon mask with black hair and holding a red Katana.

??: You slaughter all of my people. Who the hell are you?

Jaune: We are Spartans and it seems you were trained good. But not good enough to face a Spartan II.

Raven: Let us see Spartan. You'll now face the wrath of the Branwen tribes leader.

Jaune knew that firing at this close range wouldn't cut it. So he took out the type one energy sword that the arbiter gave him. He turns it on and when the two plasma blade came out the leader didn't flinch. She charged first and try to swing it at his head but it wasn't going to happen. Thanks to a Trump card for a Spartan and it was the Spartan time. Jaune's time slowed and he swung the blade to connect with her's. Once they did the plasma cut through the blade and only 1/3 of the blade remained on the handle. The figure seems to be in shock and Jaune took advantage and swung at her stomach and it didn't matter if she had the same thing as the others a natural energy shield. The plasma cut through and it injured her. Then it was floor by a punch to her mask and which it flew off and it showed a female who looked fairly familiar to someone Jaune knew. Then she saw her red eyes.She layed down while her injury was bleeding out.

Raven: How is this possible. My aura should've stop your blade and how did it cut through mine.

Jaune: Surrender or face death.

Raven: Never Spartan. I will not surrender and we will see each other again. Next time you'll die for the Weak die and the strong survive.

She threw a thunder dust which caused a flashbang effect to temporarily blind out everyone but thanks to their helmets they were not effective but he saw her make a portal then leave. Unknown to her that Jaune has placed a tracking chip on her when he was in Spartan time. So he will be able to track her down later for now he went to check with the others.

Jaune: How is the Village?

Kelly: Secure Chief, the last bandit has been confirmed neutralize. Their leader got away didn't she.

Mendez: Yes but you wouldn't let her leave like that would you 117.

Jaune: No sir, I placed a tracking chip on her when I was in Spartan time. So we be able to see where her main base is and neutralize them all at once.

Johnson: Great thinking Chief. Sadly we couldn't have come sooner.

Jaune knew what he meant. He saw some of the buildings burn and some civilians dead. He swore to find them and wipe them off the face of the planet. Then through his hearing and helmet he heard someone crying and move to see a young wolf faunas girl who look to be 5 years old and has black hair and wolf ears and has the eyes of the wolf.

Jaune: Are you alright little one?

??: Are the bad people gone.

Jaune: Yes they are. May I ask who you are?

??: I'm Carol and I miss my mommy and daddy. The bad people took them away.

Jaune under his helmet grew enraged for the bandits had killed her family and probably the only ones in the area. He calmed down and had it had to her reach.

Jaune: Come with me Carol. I won't hurt you.

Carol seemed a bit hesitant until Jaune decided to take off his helmet and she can see the human with sapphire eyes.

Jaune: I promise that you will not be harmed anymore.

She can see his sincerity and ask.

Carol: Why do you care for Faunas?

Jaune: Because it's my duty as a Spartan to protect humanity and you are human.

She was speechless and soon nodded and took his hand and he got her out. Once out was done he got her out he put back on his helmet and walked back while holding Carol on his other arm. Once he was back the Spartans,Mendez and Johnson look at him carrying the child who fell asleep in his arm.

Johnson: So Chief who's the kid?

Jaune: This is Carol.

Kelly: Wait why she have Wolf ears.

Jaune: Because she is a Faunas. Those are people who have a part if a normal like ears eyes, tail etc.

Cal: Where are her parents?

Jaune: Dead the bandits killed them.

Jorge: heartless bastards. Taking her parents away.

Mayor: Sadly it is but we still thank you all for saving us.

They all turn to see the mayor and the rest of the Civilians.

Mendez: It's our duty sir. As soldiers it is out mission to protect and serve.

Mayor: Are you from Atlas?

Johnson: No I never heard of Atlas.

Mayor: Really! Well never mind still how can we ever repay you.

Kelly: Sir we didn't do it for a reward. We only done it because it was the right thing to do.

Jaune: She is right.

The Mayor and villagers all looked shock to hear that they don't want a reward. Then Jaune asked them.

Jaune: So what is going to happen to Carol?

Mayor: Well have to put her in a orphanage.

Jaune looked at him then her. He knew that this wasn't the fate that he wanted Carol to see. So he did the one thing no spartan II ever done.

Jaune: Sir, if it's alright I'll be taking her with me.

Mayor: What?

Mendez: What are you thinking 117?

Jaune: With all due respect. I will not let her go to a orphanage. Her only family was killed and I will not let her go where she has no word to say. I'll be taking her in.

Cal: I'm with you Chief. Carol deserves a better life than that.

Kelly: I second that.

Li: I also support you chief.

Jorge: He's right you know sir.

Mendez: Fine she can come with us.

They nodded and went to the pelican before they left the Mayor asked them.

Mayor: Wait who are you?

Jaune: We are Blue team.

With that they flew off and he is still holding on to Carol. Who was still asleep.

Kelly: She is a sleeper.

Jaune: After what happened she needs it.

Mendez: Agree but 117 how do you know of so much on this planet and it's civilians.

Jaune: I'll tell you all once we reach Forward unto Dawn.

Johnson: The Dawn is still functioning. Heh it'll be good to see it again.

Jaune nodded in agreement while looking at Carol through his helmet he at Carol before thinking.

Jaune: Carol, I know how it feels to lose family. Though none disowned me. I promise to be there for you. If you will accept me as your father.

As they made their way to the Dawn Jaune knew that it was time to tell them the truth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 46 14
Your name is Y/n Jul Ann Spencer at the age of 17 and older brother to Daisy Ann Spencer. But you were a hybrid of the covenant all species, the floo...
5.9K 172 31
Jaune, after protecting Weiss from Cinder Fall, falls through a portal. But it doesn't take him to the ever after. Instead, it degas him to a six yea...
145K 2.8K 29
Jaune's Transcripts we're revealed by Cardin. The Academy turned on him and due to that he was expelled. His team joined him as they left. During the...
65K 2.3K 48
When the Aliens, the Covenant, invaded, it seemed as if Mankind had no hope. Then the Spartans came to the rescue. These genetically modified super s...