Harry Potter and The Time Kee...

By timekeeperstories

Harry Potter and The Time Keeper - The second instalment of the three book series. A secret so well kept that... More

War's Over for Merlin's Sake!
Secrets Of Secrets
Digging Up Dirt
Time Knows Moony
Time To Think Thing's Over
It's A Spectator's Sport
A Great Feast & A Great Fight
Everyone Has A Malfoy
Flying Dusters & Time's Patronus
How Are You Feeling Mr Black?
Letters
Severus Snape's Friend
The Worst Moments of Time
For Our Crimes We Must Pay
"I suppose it all started at the beginning"
Authors note: Calling all my dramione lovers out there !
Authors Note - Sequel!
Deleted Scenes! : Harry All Grown Up..again
Wonderful, Precious Love
Hey Readers!

Finestra

724 31 11
By timekeeperstories

Remeber to always, vote and leave a comment I would love to hear your opinion and of course follow my brother, he helped devolp and even write some of the chapters and he's an awesome writer please check out his books!- If you want more Harry Potter, give me a follow because I update frequently and write multiple books!-thanks for reading-Morgan x

She clapped her hands together quickly with childish excitement.

"Now I 'ave thought this through" She smirked. "I'm quite excited to see you in action so-" She stood from her seat and walked to the middle of the room. "Now in this room, there is a window for each of you, so pick one and stand facing it." She watched as she did so. A few began bickering over who had dibbs and such but moved on until they were all ready; waiting for their next instruction. "Within the glass their is dark magic. After being hit with spells and hexes, objects usually obtain the magic. It mostly happens in the wizarding world, it even has been known that a few Aurors have made vomiting dustbins on accident. That is with their defensive magic, but what happened within these walls, was much darker magic."

The room grew uneasy, slightly awkward of how calm she was talking about it, like it was just another war and it happened Threshal years ago, but it didn't it was only months and people like Draco Malfoy; found the floor very interesting to look at.

"Now how aurors disarm these magical objects is by repairing them in a sense... Now what I want you to do, is imagine that all that pain, all your hurt and anguish lies within the fragments of the glass in the window, I want no mess and I don't want multiple hospital wing visits, so I want a clean crisp job. A favourite spell of mine is perfect for the said job and I've been told you haven't learned this one yet so look to me and give it a bash al'right" They turned on the spot and watched as she faced the largest window right at the back of the room.

"Finestra" She muttered and they hardly heard it but by turning her wand ever so slightly to the right and speaking the words the glass shattered and turned into dust that landed on the floor. The room filled with a few impressed laughs and smiles where aimed towards her. Harry nodded and gave her the benefit of the doubt, she was right, he hadn't known that spell. "Now that's the easy part, with out using repairo I want you to fix the window and give it your design to signify the change in you and the magic" She smiled to them. "Off you go" She encouraged as they stood staring at her.

"You aren't going to, explain it further?" Hermione asked gently; trying not to come across cheeky.

"Oh Miss Granger, I'm no fool, I'm well aware of all your capability's to learn quickly, spells such as these are simple, it's the destroying of the magic that's the difficult part, make it personal and you will be perfectly fine" She stated. She then gave them a curt nod and they turned to their windows and began to use the spell, it wasn't as easy as she made it look. She walked to each person, each having difficulty; even Hermione was having a bit of trouble. Professor stopped at Neville.

"Finestra, Finestra, Finestra " He kept repeating but nothing happened. She tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to look at her. " I can't seem to get it to work" He muttered disappointedly.

"It's alright, everyone has trouble at first, raise your wand - he did so - now look at the window and channel all your power, think of the magic inside you, think of all goodness it's done, all the times they've helped in tricky situations. Now I want to imagine that inside that glass is that bloody snake and you have that sword once more, kill it Neville, I know you can" Closing his eyes, Neville thought immensely and he opened his eyes again.

"Finestra" He said with strength and the glass shattered and fell to dust. The whole class froze and gawked to Neville. "I did it" He laughed. She gave him a smile.

"You certainly did, well done Neville, very well done, take a seat while the others continue" He gave a cute nod and sat down, with a large pop; a pumpkin pastie appeared in front of him . He looked to Professor Time and she gave him a wink.

"Finestra!, Finestra!, oh for heavens sake Finestra!" Hermione jabbed her wand harder and harder each time and Professor Time chuckled slightly.

"I don't find my failure amusing" Hermione stated.

"Neither do I, but your impatience, that's hilarious" Professor Time mused. "Gently Hermione, Gently" She placed her hand on Hermione's . " Loosen your fingers, relax, close your eyes and remember what I said, make it personal, dark magic is always personal it's the only time you stoop to it's level" Time stated, moving her hand. After that Hermione was next to sit down with a pumpkin pastie.

"Ron don't stab the air" Time laughed slightly. Ron looked boyish, scratching the back of his head.

"It's not as easy as it looks" He said with a deep sigh. She nodded agreeing with him.

"But neither is killing a part of Voldermort's soul " She whispered to him. He looked to her seriously now. "I'm so sorry about your brother, such a lovely boy he was" She smiled.

"You knew Fred?" Ron asked. She nodded quickly and gave him a look like 'of course I did'.

"You kiddin, he was the stuff of legends, used to visit him and George every Saturday at the shop" She grinned. Ron shared her smile. " Now, turn your wand slightly to the right, facing the window, don't wave or stab it, just like your turning on a tap or something to that affect, say it like your speaking to someone, like it's there name, call them out" She gave him a pat on the back. He took a deep breathe and tried again and met with the beautiful sound of shattered glass and the stench of dust. He took a seat by Pansy who had already completed her task, they both shared a look and enjoyed there pumpkin pastie and so on it went until their was a handful left.

"Do you need some help?" Time asked Draco, who gave her a sharp look and continued on his way. She raised an eyebrow. "Help is not weakness" She stated, leaning against the wall and his eyes moved to and fro ;her and the window.

"You are distracting me, not helping me" He snarled and continued spitting out the spell with anger.

"I know I'm good looking, but not that much; look" She placed her hand on his pushing down his wand. "What's the matter?" She asked, her crystal eyes looked to his. Who took a deep breath.

"I look like a fool, Longbottom did it and I can't, top in my year, and I can't do a simple bloody spell" He glared at the window. She laughed lightly.

"I had a friend once, exactly like you, well not exactly , but he had the same expression on his face when he couldn't do something that others could" She raised his arm once more, he winced when her hand was placed were his dark mark resided. "You did something, that I know, nobody in this room could've done, having forced to watch and suffer what you did, no child deserves that, but the best thing you did, was agreeing to Hermione's notion at the feast, changing from what your parents taught you is huge, in the muggle world it's usually the opposite, good kids turned bad, but you were a good kid forced bad and now your a good young man trying his best, stop blaming yourself Draco, let go of the guilt and place it on the person who really deserves it." She pointed his wand to the widow once more. Just before he said the spell, Time looked over her shoulder then back to Draco with a smile. "She's watching you know, she's worrying and she's hoping that you'll be okay" Malfoy turned his head to Time and she nodded. "Do it for her"
After that, Draco sat next to Hermione and took his pumpkin pastie with pride.

"What you do to these windows, put a bloody unbreakable curse on them?" Harry asked as she passed him. She tilted her head with a small smile.

"You don't like me much"
He didn't answer but looked back to the window, fixing his stance.
"And yet I have no idea why?, I've tried being nice and I've tried being stern, just can't seem to crack your code"

"Maybe I don't want you to crack my code, stay out of by bloody head" He stated. He tried the spell once more and failed again.

"You have a lot more in common with your enemies" She stated standing beside him.

"I don't have enemies, I have people I don't like, most people just fit that category" She laughed at him. "Stop laughing, why do you always laugh at me?" He lowered his arms and stood to his full height and it was now he realised how short she was. Even with the powerful way she carried herself, she still looked small and slightly dork-ish. She wore a long cream shirt that looked like it belonged to someone much bigger than her before she purchased it. High waist baggy black trousers, which showed her ankles and the fact she wore muggle black trainers. Her hair was all the way down and waved around her face. Her handsome face was tinted red with her laughter.

"You remind me so much of your father, but you have your mother's wit , your dad was more of a soft touch, especially when it came to your mother , but Lilly she could send you to your grave just with her tongue, that was both with threats and her kind words. She laughed at James, so I laugh at you" She said and Harry's green eyes grew seven sizes. "Yes I know, I'm barely older than you" She mocked. "It's amazing what taking care of yourself and magic can do " She mused.

"But that would make you-"

"Harry, women never discuss their age, it's highly saddening" She stated. "Now, try again but with less rage and more gently, I told Ron to imagine he was turning on a tap, you just turn your wrist slightly" She stated. "I said at the start to make it personal, this window represents the war, your last battle is within the glass, get rid of it Harry" She smiled toward him, walking away. Harry ; moments later, was enjoying his pumpkin pastie. Others soon followed and after everyone had enjoyed their treat , they turned back to their Professor who was grabbing a box from her large shirt pocket. She took out a black wooden pipe from her desk, placing it in her mouth , so she could use her hands. She pulled out a single match from the box , tossed the box aside and just by looking at the match, it lit with a flame and she burned the tobacco, taking puffs at a time, making smoke like a steam train . Everyone watched her, they didn't know If they believed her to be cool or strange. It was the same feeling they had when Luna spoke, they way she dressed, her magic, her ancient speaking, her teenager appeal and a heart that seemed to only care for others; if her lungs were okay, no one knew for sure.

"So how'd you like part one?" She asked them all, leaning on the desk. "Still think I shouldn't be teaching you?" They all took big gulps of guilt. "The eyes can be deceitful creatures " She smiled. "We have half'an'hour , think you can make your windows fancy?" She asked and received shared looks of excitement and bobbing heads. " Well , off you go " The bounced from their chairs and off to their windows to begin their art.

Each person made it their own. Different styles of glass and colours, near all used stain glass design and made it personal to their nature.

Hermione had made a beautiful display of flowers, so when you walked passed the window, the scent of spring time filled the air. Seamus made a red dragon on his that roared when he got upset; he named him Ron. Speaking of whom, made the design of twin red headed Quddich players dressed in fine red robes that waved as you passed. Some made all sorts of animals, owls grew a common theme, a few did unique versions of the school logo. Harry placed simple white glass, with two dark blue letters 'DA' and he stood proud looking up at it. Pansy Parkinson placed a painting of an Orchestra, who played only when people fell over but Professor Time made her add an enchantment that praised someone when they did something good. Blaise, alike Harry, kept to basics with simple glass but with a silver curved moon that twinkled in the light. Draco made a beautiful painting of a pair of eyes that blinked and changed mood. They scrunched up when someone said something mean and softened when someone said something nice, the colour of the eyes changed to whoever looked at it and whatever the mood the person felt, they did too.

The last one to fix their window was Professor Time who had the large task of fixing the largest window in the entire room, it was practically the size of the wall itself; it looked over the Whomping Willow and all the land after that. She took a deep breathe as everyone watched in anticipation. When she made was incredible. An exact replica of Hogwarts from the view of the lake, the greatest way to see the castle . It was painted at night. All the lights in the castle flickered and you could even hear , if you stood close enough, the sound of the lake and the giant squid. You could still see the view from behind the art work and the light shone beautifully through it.

At the end of the lesson, Time looked at all the windows, everyone was in awe at the work .

"There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights. " Time quoted to them all smiling , having to really enjoyed their lesson.
But their faces contorted into confusion.
" Bram Stoker? no one? awk I'm disappointed"

"He's a muggle writer" Hermione stated.

"That's right, have you read Dracula?" She asked Hermione who shook her head.
She had think of homework and she hadn't really planned that out. "Does anyone know why the glass was so hard to fix?"

Blaise raised his hand. "Because they were filled with dark magic?" He said unsurely. She nodded with a smile.

"I said to most of you to imagine you darkest time, think of deeply and immensely and take it to your advantage. Dark magic as well all know is not something we tread carefully over , you face it head on and some of you that will come in useful for your Auror internships next year, you flip it the bird and you move on, you don't let it win, give it a taste of it's own medicine , you need to show that the light is just as powerful as the dark. For homework I'll be giving you these " She waved her hand and empty marmalade jars appeared on their desks. " I want you practise you spells, destroy repair , over and over again , till I have all them back looking just a beautiful as the windows, heck I'll use them as candle holders to brighten up the place" She grinned. "And those curious of my quotes , it's from a muggle book names 'Dracula' very well written and creepy book, you'd really enjoy, author name is Bram Stoker and if you want to read it, ask me and I'll fetch you a copy" She clapped her hands together.
"Oh and make sure to give your jars tags, so I know which is which, um class dismissed" She shrugged and everyone stood from their seats, leaving Professor Time in her large black plushy arm chair, puffing her pipe with a proud smile on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.6K 33
The war is over, Hermione and Ron are happily together, going back to Hogwarts for their 7th year with their best friends, Harry, Ginny, Neville and...
152K 4K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
108K 3.3K 52
A Common Ground The First Instalment Of A Three Book Series Written By Morgan Townsley *UNDER EDITING* Hermione Granger , is becoming Minister of Ma...
2.2M 57.8K 81
The Wizarding War had been won and professor McGonagall had filled the position of Headmistress of Hogwarts. Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, had been...