The wingman nobody asked for

By yokaimilk

Rantarou was hanging out with his two best friends, Kokichi and Kaede. Everything went swell until Kokichi pr... More

A quick intro (again)
Hey Stranger!
Hey cutie! Please forgive me!
Hey stranger! Answer me!
Hey! We meet again!
Hey, help me out for a little?
Hey, it's nice to meet you
Hey, is it okay if I call?
Hey! Why don't you look at that!
Hey, let's hang out for a little!
Hey! Lemme tell you!
Hey! I think I have a crush!
Hey! You go girl!
Hey! Can we meet up again?
Hey! I'm a little embarrassed...
Hey! It was an accident I swear!
Hey! I need help!
Hey! I have a quick question!
Hey! Can you be honest?
Hey! I can say it! I think..
Hey! I like you!
Hey! What's got your hopes up?

Hey! Tell us!

3.1K 118 138
By yokaimilk

"Ouma, I said to give it back!" Rantarou scolded but Kokichi was snooping through his phone for no reason whatsoever. Kokichi did this often to both Kaede and Rantarou and it annoyed the two greatly. "Owo, what's this?" Kokichi suddenly said and Rantarou groaned. "Did you really just say that?" He asked but Kokichi ignored him. "Besides what are you even-" Rantarou looked at what Kokichi was looking at. It was his call history. It was on the latest page and under Kaede's morning call was last night's call.

Saihara
10:20 PM- 2:00 AM

Shit, was it really that long? Rantarou swore he hung up right after Shuuichi fell asleep. Kokichi looked back at Rantarou. "So~?" He asked with his classic grin. Rantarou sighed. "Okay, so he may have called me last night." Rantarou admitted. He wasn't sure if he was ready to tell Kokichi the reason why Shuuichi called in the first place. "Wait! So you got his name?! Is it really Saihara?" Kokichi asked as he looked at Rantarou, his childish eyes demanding for answers. "Yeah, his name is Saihara." Rantarou confirmed. "So~ What did you guys talk about?" Kokichi asked and Rantarou shrugged. They didn't really talk last night. "We didn't say much, we just got to know a little more about each other." Rantarou replied but Kokichi scoffed. "I'm pretty sure that 'getting to know each other' doesn't last for about four hours!" Kokichi replied as he showed some disappointment in the statement. "Well, it was weird. During the call, we just sort of fell asleep and I guess one of us forgot to hang up." Rantarou finally added, he didn't realize the flush that was on his cheeks as he spoke. "Aw~ that's cute~" Kokichi teased and Rantarou immediately felt annoyed. "Maybe one day, you'll be sleeping in the same bed!" Kokichi then added with a laugh. "Hey stop! You're not making this any better!" Rantarou countered. They heard footsteps as Kaede walked in.

"Hello, good morning-"

"AKAMATSU-CHAN! AMAMI-CHAN GOT THE SAIBUTT!!"

Kaede looked immediately confused. "The what?" She asked as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Ignore him, Akamatsu. He's being annoying again." Rantarou sternly said as Kokichi giggled at Kaede's response. "Oh okay. But what does he really mean?" She asked. "Weird story but I ended up helping him a lot that he decided to call me. He, as in the poor sap that Ouma decided to prank. Ouma keeps making a big deal but it wasn't much, we just talked for a little, introduced ourselves and fell aslee-" "IN CALL!" Kokichi interrupted him, finishing his sentence with a very loud and cheery tone. Kaede furrowed her eyebrows again. "You mean to tell me that you guys fell asleep on each other and someone forgot to hang up or something?" She asked, trying to make sense of what she was told. "Yup!Check it for yourself!" Kokichi said as he showed Kaede the call duration without Rantarou's permission.

"Ouma can I have my phone back now?" Rantarou asked and Kokichi nodded. "Sure~ here ya go!" He said as he placed the device into Rantarou's hands. "So what else did you learn about him other than his name?" Kaede asked, she sounded curious. "Yeah! Do tell!" Kokichi pestered. "Well, it wasn't much. I just learned his name was Saihara, he's an only child, and he's allergic to cats." Rantarou said casually. "What was he like?" Kokichi continued to pester. "Well, shy and nervous. I figured you'd know that by now." Rantarou replied, trying to hold back how strangely cute he found it. Especially since he learned that Shuuichi is kind of a dork. Kaede nodded but Kokichi clearly wasn't done yet. "So why did he call you, Amami-Chan~?" Kokichi asked with a sneer. "Well, he called me to give me gratitude for helping him a lot." Rantarou explained, once again holding back some details. Kaede smiled. "I told you that you'll be able to get along with him!" She said happily. "Maybe we should all meet up one day!" She suggested, still beaming and Kokichi snickered. "Yeah sorry, Akamatsu but that can wait. A long time." Rantarou said as he took a glance of Kokichi amused grin. "Can I now add him to group chats? Pwease?" Kokichi pleaded and Rantarou shook his head. "No! Of course not! We still barely know each other, we're not too buddy-buddy." Rantarou responded, trying not to sound even more annoyed.

"However, I do feel like that we might start talking to each other more or something of the sort. He's not a bad guy." Rantarou said with a smile. "I'm glad at least things are going well between you two!" Kaede cheerfully said as Rantarou finished his sentence. "Yeah Saihara-chan sounds really forgiving, it's kinda cute. No?" Kokichi commented. He already gave Shuuichi a nickname despite barely knowing him, how odd. "Well, he is really kind, that I can safely say." Rantarou replied. He hated to admit it, but he sort of agreed with Kokichi. "Though I didn't think he would get the courage to suddenly call me like that. But it was to show gratitude so I guess it makes sense." Rantarou added as more came to thought.

"I'm telling you Amami-Chan, he probably likes you~" Kokichi added in a sing-song voice. "Well, I wouldn't say that exactly. He's just really thankful and polite, that's all." Rantarou said calmly. Rantarou highly doubted it. "No, he totally does! Why else would a shy guy like him finally get the courage to call you?" Kokichi confirmed. "Well, we definitely can't confirm that just yet. We just have to wait." Kaede replied and Rantarou felt some relief. Good thing that Kaede wasn't quick to jump to such conclusions unlike Kokichi.

"Let's just see what happens." Kaede finished with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 10 13
"Isn't this what you want?" "It'll be fun, I swear..." "You're just a pawn to us..." Ai Ayako, the Ultimate Streamer, with 16 other Ultimate students...
2.4K 65 12
What a boring life Shuichi Saihara lives. He then meets a boy, is he boring too? tw: bullying angst suic-de sh s/a
133K 3.7K 16
Kaede was Shuuichi's best friend until one day she had to move away. Worrying about Shuuichi's state, she asks her childhood friend, Rantarou Amami...
8.9K 135 20
Shuichi Saihara, is a male and has two friends named Rantaro Amami and Kokichi Ouma. Rantaro is a popular male, who is dating the most intelligent st...