IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

由 Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... 更多

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
Assurance
That's my man
Finally!
Planning my wedding
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Signs.
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mine
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding
Finale
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Best Man Ever

2.1K 292 3
由 Simplicity_writes

"I'm coming" I yelled to whoever is at the door ringing my door bell. I covered the pot, cleaned my hand with a napkin before leaving the kitchen.

I walked in the living room, towards the door. I unlocked the door and opened only to meet my greatest suprise. My mouth wide opened still not believing who's in front of me

"Won't you let me in " he said. He came forward, pecked my lips before walking in

"Anu come in" he said when I still stood still.

"Khalifa, I called you not less than 30 minutes ago, why didn't you tell me you were coming over" I closed the door and followed behind him

He sat on the couch,I stood in front of him with my hands wrapped around my chest waiting for him to reply

"Your boyfriend, the one you haven't seen in a month, is here to suprise you and you're bombarding him with questions. Who does that."

"Anuoluwapo, the girlfriend of Khalifa does that." I retorted

He pulled me to his laps and hugged me. " the one he loves so much" he kissed my lips "I miss you baby"

"I miss you too...now tell me why you're in Lagos"

"I have this meeting tomorrow. My workers are staying in a hotel but why stay in one when my girlfriend lives around. So i'm here"

"Oh," was all I said.

"I missed you Anu" he said trailing kisses all over my face. I fell for it and Kissed him back.
I was so engrossed in the kiss that I forgot I was cooking. When I remembered, I jumped up and ran to the kitchen.

I quickly turned off the cooker because the food has started burning. I sighed loudly and turned to get something. That was when I saw Khalifa at the entrance resting on the wall with his hands on his chest.

"See what you've caused now"

"What did I do"? he asked softly with a smirk

"When you'll be kissing somebody. " he walked towards me, wrapped his hands around my waist.

"But you love it when I kiss you. Huh? Don't you?" He trailed kisses down my neck

I pushed him away "leave me joor" I said blushing.

"What did you cook" he opened the pot and immediately threw the cover. He opened the pot with his bare hands and that thing is hot like silly. I laughed hard.

I picked the cover and threw in in the sink. " how do you do that....hold that hot thing"

"Its called being a woman....are you hungry" i asked bringing out plates from the shelve

"Yes pleeassee. I've not eaten since morning"

"Eya Pele oko mi "

"What did you say?" He asked perplexed

"I said sorry"

"I thought mae bini is sorry" I laughed hard because he totally pronounced it wrong.

"Its ma binu, not whatever you called it and ma binu means don't be annoyed....olodo" (dullard)

"Thank you..... I gonna go take a shower then we can eat" he said leaving the kitchen.

"Ok boo" I said and began putting the food in the plates

~~~

We've eaten, I did the dished already. Khalif is in my room working on his laptop. I locked the door and headed to my room.

I saw Khalifa on the bed pressing in his laptop. He's busy with what he's doing that he didn't notice me. I picked my towel and headed to the bathroom.

I pulled off my clothes and threw it in the laundry basket. I turned on the shower and got in. After I was done showering, I picked the towel, wrapped it around my body and came out.

When I walked into the room, I met Khalifa talking on the phone. He averted his gaze when I entered and checked me out, he smirked after seeing me.

"Yes ..yes.. am here" he said I smiled and walked to the mirror. I sat on the stool and began cleaning my face with a face cleanser

Khalifa was speaking in Hausa so I don't understand most of what he was saying until he speaks English

"Does Ameena know about this" he asked. He spoke later but it was in Hausa

"I'm in Lagos..... Nooo" he laughed "I came here for a business meeting but i'm staying at her place" I turned swiftly to him. I raised my brows at him, he looked at me and smiled.

"Yes she's here with me......ok" he passed me the phone.I looked at him somehow before collecting the phone. I mouthed "who's that"
He replied "Ameera" I smiled. Ameera is one of his twin sisters. I placed the phone on my ear

"Hello?" I said

"Hello....salam alaikum" she said

"Hi" was all I could say. I don't know what to say.I heard her laugh

"How are you Anu"

"Fine. And you?"

"Allhamdulillai, Ahmed has told me a lot about you. Hope you taking care of him for us. He's our baby boy so please do take care of him" I smiled

"I'll try my best"

"When do I get to meet the girl that has captured my brother's heart..promise me you'll visit the next time you come to Abuja"

" i promise "

" thank you darling , Don't let me waste your time. It was nice talking to you. Tell khalifa to call me when he's less busy"

"Okay"

"Bye sweety"

"Bye" I said and she hung up.I passed khalifa his phone. I stood up, went to my closet and picked out my nightie, I wore it. Khalifa was looking all along.

"She said you should call her when you're not busy" he nodded.
I laid on the bed. He shut down his laptop and laid beside me. He brought his face closer and kissed me.

I kissed him back, he trailed kissed down my neck. His hand began roaming my body. This was getting heated. I can feel myself melting away. But i'm still not ready for this.

I know I'm a grown woman and this shouldn't be a big deal. I love Khalifa and I have no doubt that he's the one for me, I just feel we need to take things slow, I'm not ready to do it just yet

I placed a hand on khalifa's chest stopping him. He looked deep in my eyes and I see nothing but love, passion, and a man I love so much.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled .

"You don't have to be. I understand." He pulled me to a hug " I would wait till w you're ready"

"Let's get some sleep, we both have things to do tomorrow" he kissed my forehead and pulled the comforter over our body. He wrapped his Hand around me as we both slept.

*next morning*

I've already taken my bath, khalifa's in the bathroom having his. I wore my Ankara pallazo and a white shirt as today's Friday. I was about to brush my hair when Khalifa walks in the room wearing just a boxers.

He went to the bed to pick up his already ironed trousers and shirt. He wore his cloths while I continued with my hair.

"What would you like to eat this morning" I asked about to leave the room to prepare breakfast

"I don't know" he shrugs " just gimme something light, am not really hungry,something light " I smiled because he said it the way Falz did in his song. 'Something light'

I walked out of the room to the kitchen. I can't cook this morning again or I'll be late for work. So I'll also take something light.

I prepared bread and tea. Khalifa came to the kitchen when I just finished making tea. I passed him a glass and I had one myself. We both ate silently. When we were done, I washed the mug while Khalifa left to do god knows what. I did that and went in the room to carry my bag.

I came out to see Khalifa heading outside. I followed behind and locked the door. I saw Khalifa opening a car.

"Whose car is that " I asked

"Mine" he said and opened the door.

"Yours?.....did you drive from Abuja?"

He smiled " its one of my cars in Lagos. I told you I have other businesses in Lagos ba" I nodded.
"Would you come in let me take you to work" he said as he entered

I did as I was told and sat In the passengers seat. Khalifa started the car and drove out if my compound

"So where are we going now" he asked

"My work place of course"

"Address please"

"Raymond Njoku street off Awolowo way" I said, he squinted his brows at me and I chuckled

"Don't worry if we get to ikoyi, I'll direct you" he looked back on the road.

"Now that you've sold your car, how do you get to work" he asked

"Its easy na. If I don't get a taxi or Uber, I'll trek or take a bike to the bus stop. Grab ikoyi bus and then from Ikoyi, its easy" I shrug.

Khalifa looked at me somehow, shook his head and continued driving. I directed him to my office. I kissed him bye before getting out the car and going in to start my daily activities.

~~~

Khalifa spent the weekend in Lagos. We had fun together. Did a lot of silly things .

He's leaving tonight. He has things to do in Abuja tomorrow morning.

I packed his suitcase. Went to the living room to meet him.when he saw me, he stood up, came to me, wrapped his hands around my waist.

"I'm gonna miss you baby" he said.

"Same here" we were interrupted by a phone call. He picked it up. "OK " was all he said before hanging up.

"I have to go now" he kissed me. He carried the bag and headed outside. I followed behind him.

I noticed he didn't go near the car he's been driving. He was going towards the gate.

"Baby, the car" I said showing him the car "how would you get to the airport"

"Oh, that?. Its yours now. I had my driver pick me up"

Did he just say mine

"I looked at him perplexed. "Baby what are you talking about"

"This car here belongs to you from now on. The key is on the table inside. The papers are in the car complete..I don't like the way you catch buses up and down so please manage this for the main time"

My mouth dropped opened. Khalifa just gave me a silver Lexus jeep. Like am I dreaming or something.

"Its a lie" I said covering my mouth

"Its a truth" he joked

I ran towards him and jumped on him. He dropped his bag and carried me. I kissed him all over his face. " I love you! I love you!! I love you!!"

"I love you too" he placed me down

"Thanks baby. I love you"

"Anu I gatta go or I'll be late for my flight. ". I followed him outside and met a Black Mercedes Benz waiting. He turned and kissed me bye before leaving.

I ran back to the house, picked up the car key, rushed back out, opened the car and checked it out. I'm just fuvking excited about this.

I love my man so much. I was driving a Toyota Camry now i'll be riding a Lexus Jeep.

Anu Don arrive

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

82.1K 10.7K 50
Fauziya Ahmad, a 20 year old introvert, was very well sheltered growing up loses her best friend and grandparents in a car accident whom she was very...
135K 12.4K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
6K 314 17
Jalilah had it all figured out, graduated, travelled around the world, and eventually find that one true undeniable love. In a twist of fate, she wa...
26.1K 3.5K 22
A story depicting two different people struggling with their lives and a simple arrangement changing both their lives. Sumayya Mahmoud is a stubborn...