Sirens No Longer In Seattle

By Forever_young325

The Sirens that once caused Mia much pain, have finally died down and life seems to be looking great, as she... More

Welcome
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
i need my readers help/feedback
my next steps

Chapter Two

7.3K 201 29
By Forever_young325

"But do you really have to go?"  I whined at Phoenix as he was standing across the room slipping his work clothes on.

I looked at the clock to see it read 5:20Am and I groaned, knowing I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

"But it was so nice having you here all day." I continued as I leaned back against our headboard and rubbing my eyes..

Phoenix sighed and slowly made his way back to our bed wearing nothing with usual work pants, making me grin.

"You're hell bent on making me late huh?" He joked as he crawled onto our bed and on top of me.

"Me? Never." I dramatically acted, while running my hands through his soft and undone hair.

He leaned down and kissed me, while sliding his hand up inside of my thigh.

"Nope nope nope." I muttered behind the kiss, slapping his hand away. "I told you, not while your brother is a few doors down." I laughed as he rolled his eyes, but nothing less retracted his hand.

He chucked too , until I sat up abruptly clenching my lower stomach, trying to breathe through the painful cramps that ripped through me.

"Again? Mi, you really need to see a doctor , I don't thing that's normal." Nix said, moving onto his knees to massage my stomach.

" I know. It's so weird because it comes and goes, and I'm not even on my period." I complained.

Lately, I've been getting insane cramps that lasted less than a minute, but still. The pain was so bad my vision even blurred once. They feel like the normal cramps I get on my period, just a million times worse.

"You're not pregnant or anything right? Not that I would be mad but it's kind of off timing-" Phoenix rambled making me smile.

"No Nix. We use protection, I'm on the pill which I've never missed in my life and I get a normal period every month." I tried to explain to him. "And I already took a few pregnancy tests. We're in the clear." I rushed out making him raise and eyebrow.

"Just make an appointment." He mumbled, getting off the bed but leaning down to give me a kiss on the forehead, not shaking off his worried glance.

"Will do." I smiled softly. Honestly I'm not too worried. As a child, my older sister had horrible cramps that would leave her bed ridden, and I figure I'm just now getting a dose of what if feels like.

"I'll cook tonight." I added as he finally began to tie the laces of his boots, as lately we've only been eating out.

"Thank the lord. Can you make tacos?" He begged.

"Sounds great." I replied, standing up and stretching myself, and making a mental list of what I would need to grab at the grocery store.

"Ok im leaving. Have a good day, text me if you need me and make sure Nick unpacks at least three boxes before I'm home." He said, grabbing his keys and wallet off of the nightstand on his side of the bed.

"I planned on going out with him today." I stated, as I headed towards our bathroom.

"That's fine, but he better have at least three boxes unpacked before I get home. Mia you seriously let him get off the hook with everything." Phoenix complained at me as I switched the light on.

"I can't hear you over the sound of me brushing my teeth!" I gargled trying to hide my giggle.

I head him mumble something along the lines of "I love you" before a I heard him leave our room and eventually the front door.

I took this time to shower, shave and exfoliate and give my hair a good wash, in order to get out all of the sweat the summer heat has brought me.

For my outfit I chose some boyfriend jeans that I cuffed on the ankle and a thin strapped white tank top tucked in.

By the time I was done getting ready, it was around 8:30am and I decided to finally go wake up Nick. Phoenix insisted he get up at 8, but when he wasn't around, I usually let him sleep in until he woke up naturally. Today though, I had a lot I wanted to get done.

I crept into his room and pushed open the door that was already slightly cracked to see the eleven year old snuggled in his blankets softly snoring.

I sat gently on the side of his bed and shook him slightly, causing his eyes to open just about right away. He was for a sure a light sleeper, just like his brother, where as  I could sleep through anything a majority of the time.

"Morning! I was thinking we can go get breakfast somewhere and then do a little home shopping?" I asked softly as he was still trying to wake up.

After some eye rubbing he sat up and cracked his back making me wince a little.

"Can I get a new X-box game at the store?" He questioned and I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's something you'll definitely have to ask your brother." I chuckled at his attempt.

"So that's a no. But yeah I'm down. Later tonight can I go hang out with my friends again?" He questioned while swinging his legs off of the bed.

"I think that's very possible." I smiled, making his grin grow.

I left his room, closing the door behind me and headed downstairs.

I began to unpack more kitchen items and breaking down all the empty boxes while I waited about about 15 minutes.

Nick finally came down, wearing jeans and a soft red v neck along with some white converses. His hair was still as messy as he woke up with it, making me wince a little.

As he made his way towards me I attempted to pat down the wild waves making him groan.

"I'm staving can we just eat already?" He whined as I still attempted to fix him up slightly.

"Yeah yeah yeah, let's go." I rolled my eyes as we exited out of the house and into my white Ford Explorer.

He got into the front seat, while I got into the drivers spot, heading towards a cute diner I had seen when we first made our way here.

"When can I learn how to drive?" He questioned, turning up the radio station that was playing a song from the girl who left fifth harmony.

"You're eleven." I chuckled taking a quick glance at him. "But I don't know maybe fifteen? That's when I learned to drive."

"I'm almost 12. And I'll be in middle school this year but really? When I was really young, like really young I remember Phoenix was like fifteen or sixteen he stole my dads car and went to a party." He told me while texting someone on his phone.

"Wait what!" I replied super shocked. "What happened next?" I pried for leverage to use against Nix whenever he was overly stern with his brother.

"I don't really remember. I think my dad went into the party he was at literally dragged him out." He tried to recall.

"That's probably the best thing Ive ever ." I replied as we pulled to the old time diner and got out of the car.

"Am I allowed to go to parties?" Nick asked me as I took his hand and held it in mine.

Ever since I met the little boy at age seven, he made a habit out of holding my hand whenever we went places. I would of thought he would of grew out of it by now, but he didn't seem ashamed or embarrassed, so we kept up our small tradition without much thought.

We sung our hands as he opened the door for me and walked through.

"Birthday parties." I laughed. "Maybe when your older and have good enough behavior." I added.

"Taylor invited me to her birthday party. It's on Friday." He explained as we took our seats on opposite sides of a booth. "And I am. I told you guys I would be better here." He added lowley.

I hummed in response and looked at my menu, deciding on a BLT, not wanting to touch on the subject of his past actions.

"Can I go?" He questioned further.

"Well" I looked up. "You'll have to ask Phoenix." I told him smiling softly.

"Home come? I mean I know he's my brother and all but your kind of like my sister in a way. How come you can't give me permission?" He pried.

It was a weird situation I admit, but in all honesty I didn't feel that it was my place to make any decisions alone when it came to him.

"Because Nick, you know your brother and if for some reason he says no then it's a no. But I don't think he'll say no as long as you don't give him a reason to in the next few days. Plus I'll put a good word in." I chuckled reaching across the table and nipping his arm with my hand.

He smiled bashfully and opened his mouth to reply when he looked behind me his eyes widened and he stumbled on his words.

I tuned behind me to see a young girl with her mother entering the diner. She was around Nick's age and has very curly red hair with bright blue eyes.

She wore denim shorts that were baggy because of how thin she was and a blue and red striped short sleeve. Her curly hair was tied back in a white scrunchie with many baby hairs falling out of the front.

She turned her head and spotted us breaking into a wide a grin and turned away from her mom and ran over to our table.

"Hey Nick!" He squealed smiling to reveal her braces and adorable she was really was.

"H-Hi." He said, blushing madly glancing between me and her.

Her mother , a short women soon followed after her and rested her hands on Taylor's shoulders.

"Hey! Sorry about her , it's hard to keep with this one." She apologized, rolling her eyes at the young girl. "I'm Sandy nice to meet you." She smiled politely.

"I'm Mia, this is Nick, we just moved here from Washington this summer." I explained.

"Oh ok! Taylor has told me a lot about Mr. Nick. I'm throwing Taylor a birthday party this Friday, it's a pool party will you guys be in attendance? I told her to invite Nick! " She asked digging into her purse and handing us a blue sparkly invitation after some searching.

"Most definitely!" I spoke , since I was put on the spot and her kind eyes were boiling into my soul.

"Oh prefect! Can't wait to see y'all there! Its exciting to have some new friends in the neighborhood!" She spoke before leading Taylor away.

"Bye Nick! Come over later if your not busy! I found lots of cool bugs under that log!" She called behind her as her mom grabbed the take out off the counter.

As soon as they left my mouth was agape at the red faced boy.

"Oh my god you're so into her!" I laughed as he buried his head into his arms.

"Am not!" He whined making me grin ever wider at his embarrassment.
——————-
We finished eating and got back into my car, to head home since we spent a lot longer than I anticipated.

On the way home Nick and I made small talk until he pointed out the flashing lights behind me.

"We have company." He stated sporting the police car behind us.

I quickly pulled over, chuckling as Phoenix got out his new cruiser and approached my car.

"You're going to get in trouble in your first day!" I exclaimed when he was fully leaning on my window.

"If I'm my own boss can I really?" He joked, removing his typical aviators that I swore he wear to be douche.

"What?!" I gasped my eyes wide.

"I guess I forgot to mention to you I'll be one of the lead responders." He smiled, making his white teeth glisten perfectly.

I leaned my head against the back of my seat, overjoyed with how happy I am in the moment. Happy for me. Happy for Nick. Happy for Nix and overall happy for the world. "That is amazing babe." I noted , bringing him down for a kiss.

"Did you do what I asked you to do today?" Phoenix asked, peering over me and to his younger brother.

Nick rolled his eyes and groaned. "I haven't had time to unpack , we ate and sat forever." He mumbled sinking in his seat.

"Not that. The other thing we talked about last night?" He questioned , making me raise my eyebrows in confusion , completely lost in the situation.

"No." He said quietly , sinking even further and crossing his arms.

"What was that?" Phoenix questioned again.

"No" he spit out harsher and I could already see the fight this was leading too.

"What was he supposed to do? I'll make sure he does it's a soon as we get back." I slightly pleaded the boys case.

"Last night, we made a deal that the first thing he was supposed to do was write and apology letter to his last principal in order to clear some of his transgressions off of his permanent record. This was time sensitive Nick. She wanted it this morning." Phoenix barked at the kid, his eyes flashing.

"It's stupid anyways! She was stupid just like you." He stated directly looking Nix in the eyes, and honestly making me want to faint.

Their bickering would probably be the death of me.

"Wanna repeat that?" he growled, rolling his sleeves up, and his eyes narrowed into tiny daggers.

I rested my head against my hand, since the two boy were acting as if I were invisible to them.

Outwardly I knew Phoenix has been being really tough on the young boy and I wanted to tell him to chill, but inside I knew this structure is what Nick needed and it definitely should be implemented over summer before we run into problems at schools again.

"Not really." He replied standing his ground and adding an eye roll.

"I'm over your attitude. I think you're grounded. Give me your phone now." Phoenix commanded.

"No! That's no fair." Nick argued clutching his phone tightly.

They were at the point where they were about to start yelling and turned my head to Nix and tried to plead with him with my eyes to leave the situation until later tonight. It was to no luck.

"This is your last warning before I have to come get it from you and trust me you don't want that." He finally stated.

Nick was struggling internally with the choice he was about to make and I only prayed he just give up the phone to avoid further arguments.

To me relief he handed the phone over and Phoenix took it and put into his pocket.

"That's the last time I want something like this happen again do you understand?" He asked Nick, who was completely done with everything and crossed his arms facing forward."This attitude and disobedience will not last through the summer."

"Yes." He whined, probably praying for this conversation to be over as I was.

"Yes what?" Phoenix encouraged not so nicely.

"Yes sir." He said through clenched teeth, but finally satisfying my boyfriend.

He nodded before finally turning his gaze towards me.

"See you at home alright?" He told me, leaning over and kissing my cheek that was flushed from the direct sun hitting it during this whole ordeal.

"Alright." I said, rolling up the window and rubbing my eyes, left to deal with the aftermath of that small blow up.

He tapped the top of my car before heading back to his and pulling away.

Another cramp ripped though me making me grit my teeth, and using my car to call my new doctors office while the boy next to me let a few stay tears fall.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Thoughts & comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 368 45
"𝙄'𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙙𝙤𝙘𝙩𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡 " _____...
225K 5.3K 38
Summer and Bryce have faced obstacle upon obstacle, and have survived many highs and lows in their relationship. But now with Bryce off to college, w...
4.9K 256 37
"How could you not tell me how hot your brother is?" I half-shout, half-giggle. "Oh no," Lexi giggles, "Seems like someone's caught the Luke bug!" ...
2M 50.7K 43
When pre-med student Mia gets pulled over on her way to school, she doesn't think that the rude Officer Phoenix Adams is anything more than a factor...