My Love and Yours

By Flare787

Sequel to Emotions A few weeks have passed since Chara had regained her lost Soul and survived. Now, she is c... More

Quick A/N
The Arrival
Picnic
Talking It Out
Competition
The Newcomer
Meant to Be
Defend the Ship
Mistrust and Deceit
Heartache
Confrontation
Gone Downhill
Hate and Darkness
The Man Who Speaks in Hands
Every Lie Told
Lost
New Lives
Dance Practice
Going For It
Date Time
Prom Meeting
Regret
One Last Dance
Past Sins
Distress
Personal Patient
Catatonia
Returning to Sanity
The Skeleton's Tale
The Queen's Saga
The Queen and the Sentry
Coming Back
A/N

Defensive

189 6 1
By Flare787

Sans sighed as he walked down the street to Toriel's house. It had been weeks since he came over for a casual visit. Since Chara's disappearance, the mother had been so worried. She was devastated that she had lost her child yet again. He let her have some space for the time being and let her grieve, coming over when he had to babysit the kids or take Frisk to school.

Now, he wanted to be there for her. He decided it was time he went over and checked on her. He had to know how she was really doing. If she wanted to cry, he had to be there to help her through it.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw Asgore. Not wanting to face another confrontation, he hid himself in the nearby corner. When he was sure he had passed by, he looked over to see him. The goat looked pretty distraught. He had a bouquet of roses with him. Sans watched as he walked over Toriel's house. The skeleton managed to find a hiding spot just close enough for him to hear what was happening.

Asgore knocked on the door. The faint of kids screaming inside were heard for a bit.

"Go away, Dreemur" a familiar voice rang from behind the door.

Guess she could tell now just by how the kids reacted, the skeleton thought.

"Tori..." the goat started.

"Don't 'Tori' me, Dreemur!"

"Toriel, please. I just want to talk"

"Talk about what you did to my child?!"

"I'm sorry! Just please, open up"

There was a bit of silence before the door opened and a familiar goat lady came out. She had dark circles under her eyes, practically from her crying. Yet, to Sans, she still was as beautiful as the day they actually met in person. She glared at Asgore, obvious hate in her eyes.

"I brought you these" he held out the bouquet to her.

"I'd rather not. Flowey may react on them"

"Oh, okay" he looked down before sighing again. "Toriel, listen, I love you. I don't' want us to be fighting like we did for the past couple of days. I just...I want us to be a family again"

"Our family died a long time ago; I already have a new one to take care of"

"But that family needs a father! It needs someone to be there for them when you need to rest! It needs someone to play games with! It needs someone to pick them up from school and..."

She cut him off. "That place was already taken"

He reeled back in shock. Sans did too. Did Toriel say what he thought she had said?

There was an audible whimper and the goat mother looked down to find Frisk tugging on her dress and hiding behind her, fear in her eyes as she stared at Asgore. Her eyes seemed tired from crying, and her hair was messed up slightly. "Mom..."

"It's alright, Frisk" she pet her head to calm her.

Flowey then showed himself as he wheeled to Frisk's side. He gave his angry face and let out a hiss at Asgore.

"I bet you brought more of that stuff. She wasn't enough, was she? Who you gonna turn next? Me? Frisk? I know you hate Sans and threatened to use brother too!"

"Flowey, calm down" Frisk tried to call him.

"You wanted to turn him because he was in your way, huh? You killed the kids because they were in your way, huh? And now you bring something so pure and innocent into this? You can let me go soulless and turn me into tea, but mark my words, come near my family and you'll regret it! DOUBLE FOR THE BROTHER!"

"Flowey..."

"And don't try to justify that she was an accident! She did it to protect the one noble thing that ever happened to this family! I get the first time she died was on her own accord, but this is different! She lost her mind to HATE, because you had to go jealous on someone who was actually good! Her madness is on your hands!" he began to cry as Frisk picked him up. "It's you...it's all you..."

Frisk then allowed him to cry onto her shoulder. He kept mumbling stuff like, 'fault', 'Chara', 'come back'.

"Tori?" a familiar voice rang, catching their attention. Sans decided now was a good time to reveal himself. He looked purely worried.

"Sans..." the goat mother smiled a bit at him.

He smiled back slightly but then turned his attention to the scared Frisk and crying Flowey. He went over to them.

"Sans" Frisk spoke before going up and hugging him. She cried into his shoulder as he tried to calm her down. He wasn't completely over what happened, but he knew that she was really in need of comfort, her and Flowey.

"I'm sorry, Dreemur. I think it's best you leave" Toriel spoke to the goat man still with them.

His head down, he walked away. He gave Sans one last look before going. The skeleton felt a bit sorry for him. Toriel then calmed down before turning her attention back to her child and friends.

"Hey" she started.

"Heya, Tori"

"I'm sorry...I missed you..." Frisk choked out.

"I missed you too, kiddo"

Both adults let the human and flower cry until they finally calmed down. Only then did they stand up. Sans used a bony finger to wipe away the tears off both of them. They smiled at the gesture. Toriel then invited Sans in for pie, which he agreed to.

The kids were happy to see him. He was left to babysit as Toriel went back to go and make pie. They were all chatting about what went on while they gathered at Toriel's special armchair. Chiwin sat there, surrounded by them, and was put in a comforting hug by Amariah while she was explaining how it felt to her about how she died.

"His face went cold. All I saw in those ruby eyes were hate and malice. He was nothing like those Monsters from earlier said" she shivered as the memory scared her. "I tried to escape, but he was too fast. He kept swinging his trident back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. I got stabbed several times, in the arms, and legs, even my hands, and almost my skull. He kept staring at me. All I saw was anger. He really wanted me dead. The last thing I knew before going into complete darkness was something sharp going through my chest"

"It's really upsetting, we know" Amariah tried to calm her.

"And then he took my Soul. And I was in limbo for so many years...with you guys..." she was near crying now. "And then finally...back to life...with so many years gone by...and when I see him again...I'm like...like..."

She burst out crying. The ballerina tried her best to comfort her. The others around were upset at her experience. While they had a quick stab and it was over, she had a long battle and died in a very brutal way. No wonder she was so traumatized at him.

Chiwin eventually wore herself out crying and Amariah took her upstairs to rest. The other kids played a bit before they had to go up and rest. Toriel and Sans then just chatted over pie about what happened.

It had been really hard on Frisk lately. She was so upset with what she had done. When no one was with her, she would often be heard crying, regretting what she did. She would keep begging for Chara to come back. It seemed she finally was broken. She knew all her acts would come to light one day and now they came in the worst possible way. She was so sorry.

"I miss Chara too" Sans spoke up. "She was my best friend before the first time she died"

"She was my first daughter, and the first human I loved. She was so bright and full of joy. She brought hope to our family, and even taught Asriel about the love of a sibling and how to be brave. And now that she's gone again, I...I..."

"Tori..."

"The first time she died we couldn't do anything to help. But this time, with the HATE, we could've but..."

"Tori..."

"Why did I give him a second chance?!" she was on full sob now. "If I hadn't, she would still be here! I shouldn't have let him in! And then he wouldn't have come, and she didn't have to sacrifice herself, and then...and then..."

She broke down crying. Sans pat her back to try and calm her down. He had never seen her cry this much before. She was never one to actually show her sorrows, but talking about how she felt about her loss was too much.

"...My child...my little Chara..."

"We'll get her back...I promise"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442 10 27
In the undertale universe a human fell down into the underground (AKA the monsters' home) this human is known as Frisk. She (Canonically she is gende...
118K 4.3K 68
This story is inspired by many other works and may bear some resemblance in certain places. However, I will endeavor to make this story it's own. 2...
28.4K 288 57
DRAMA, ACTION, BLOODSHED... Love? After erasing hundreds and hundreds of timelines, Chara is suddenly stripped of her abilities. She's forced to lea...
515 59 10
Frisk is living a happy life with their friends/family, the monsters! After book one in this series, they have been spending much time with Asriel an...