His Dangerous Ways✔️

By ChicagoDreams

CLICK THE LINK IN MY BIO FOR EARLY ACCESS CHAPTERS ON INKITT!! *** "Calm down," he said as he brushed the bro... More

His Dangerous Ways
Chap 1. Froot Loops and Fights
Chap 2. "You'll Thank Me Tomorrow When She's Not In Jail"
Chap. 3 Samuel
Chap. 4 "Nice Dance Moves"
Chap. 5 The Party
Chap. 6 "No Idea Is the Wrong One."
Chap. 7 Alleyways and Identities
Chap. 8 Welcome to the Safe House
Chap. 9 Nightmares
Chap. 10 Her
Chap. 11 Period Pains and Panties
Chap. 12 "Next time open the door or I'll break it down again."
Chap. 13 Worst. Sleepover. Ever.
Chap. 14 Don't Make Me Beg
Chap. 15 Mason's Story
Chap. 16 Meeting the Boys
Chap. 17 Confessions
Chap. 18 Love Bites
Chap. 19 SKAM and Surprises
Chap. 20 Dinners, Lion King, and Moonlight
Chap. 21 "All is Fair in Love and War"
Chap. 22 This Must Be How Beyonce Feels
Chap 23. People I Love
Chap. 24 Crossed Fingers
Chap. 25 A46
Chap. 26 Blood Bath
Chap. 27 The Masquerade
Chap. 28 Shattered Glass
Chap. 29 David
Chap. 30 Clues
Chap. 32 Mom
Chap. 33 Internal Conflicts
Chap. 34 Beer Bottles and Plans
Chap. 35 Blood
Chap. 36 A Change Of Heart
Chap. 37 Phone Calls Home
Chap. 38 Plans and Parties
Chap. 39 Gunshots
Chap. 40 Flying Bullets
Chap. 41 Dad
EARLY ACCESS CHAPTERS/ IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chap. 42 Pray
Chap. 43 Daydreaming
Chap. 44 Blood and Brothers
Chap. 45 The Truth
Chap. 46 Leave
Chap. 47 Surprise
Chap. 48 Welcome Back
Chap. 49 Yes
Chap. 50 Revenge and Family
Epilogue

Chap. 31 Ontario

11K 342 157
By ChicagoDreams

"Ontario?" Liam asked as I drove us back to the hospital where Mason and David were waiting.

"Yeah," I said nodding. "There are a ton of old abandoned buildings there and I think I know which one it is."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go now!"

"We can't," I said shaking my head as the hospital came into view. "If we come even a minute before or after nine-thirty-five on the sixteenth, then Cat might get hurt and that's the last thing we want."

Liam let out a growl of frustration before he hit the dashboard. "Then what are we supposed to do, wait?"

"Yes," I said, though I was growing more frustrated by the second. Couldn't he tell that this was killing me just as much as it was killing him? More than it was killing him? He still had Mason and knew where he was and knew that he was breathing. But I didn't have that luxury. "That's exactly what we're going to do unless you want to barge in there on your own time schedule and get her killed. And I swear if you even try that and she ends up hurt, you will pay, do you understand me?"

Liam sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine let's just...let's just tell David."

I nodded as I parked the car then hurriedly entered the hospital to Mason's room where there were doctors crowded around him while David remained off to the side. "What happened?" Liam frantically asked as he pushed through the barrier of doctors with me following right behind him. "Oh my God..." he sighed and as I looked over his shoulder, my racing heartbeat slowed. Laying there was Mason with his eyes barely open and a smile on his face.

"Hey, babe," he weakly wheezed out. "What'd I miss?"

"Oh my God, Mason," he whispered before he placed his lips on Mason's in a tender kiss, not caring that there were five doctors and nurses around them. All he cared about was Mason. My heart clenched and I looked away. All I cared about was my Cat.

"What happened?" I asked David and he gave me an empty shrug.

"I dunno, one minute I was outside getting something to eat and the next I heard a loud siren or whatever going off and saw all of those doctors rush in here and crowded around Mason."

"Yeah, what happened to him? I thought you said he wasn't going to wake up for a little while so you could make sure his body had enough time to properly heal without stress," Liam chimed in, now sitting on the bed next to Mason with one hand in Mason's and using to other to wipe the sweat-matted hair from his boyfriend's forehead.
"We don't know," one of the female doctors shrugged as she looked at the machine before looking at her clipboard, "but we're going to have to run a few tests to determine if you're ready to be awake or if you need to go back under."

"Alright," Mason nodded, and in less than a minute, a needle was in him taking vitals of blood for testing among other miscellaneous tests and doctor talk that I couldn't really comprehend. After a little while, the doctors left, but not before warning Mason to take it easy and for us not to stress him out.

"How are you feeling, Mas?" I asked as I sat on the other side of him.

"Considering that I got shot in one of the most fatal parts of the human body and I'm not dead, I'm pretty okay. I hurt, but I'm okay. And hungry. I want some waffles. Oh, and eggs, and bacon and-" he started, his eyes lighting up before he suddenly stopped and looked around, but when his eyes landed on David, the color drained from his face. "Oh my God, Cat. What happened to her? Please tell me she's alright. Where is she?"

I swallowed and looked away, causing him to let out a slur of curses. "This is all my fault," he murmured as he put his hand over his eyes. "Oh God. They have her and this is all my fault. Estúpido, estúpido."

"Mas, there's no need to blame yourself, okay?" I said. "You did everything you could, and nobody blames you. Not even her. But most importantly, you protected her with your life, and that's all that matters. Plus, I have an idea of where she is."

"Then what are we doing here? We need to get her!" Mason said as he tried to get up, but was not only stopped by Liam, but by a wave of pain that washed over him. He let out a curse as he cradled his wound.

"What did the doctor literally just tell you, babe?" Liam gently chastised as he helped ease Mason back into a laying down position.

"You guys need to go to her. I'll be fine here by myself, I promise. But please go get her. I need to make sure she's okay," Mason begged, but I shook my head.

"We can't."

"And why can't you?" David angrily asked as he approached me in three big strides. "You just said you know where she is, so why are you still here?"

"We have to wait until exactly nine thirty-five on the sixteenth or they'll hurt her," I explained as calmly as I could. "And the last time I checked, neither one of us want Cat dead." David merely narrowed his eyes at me before he got so close that I could feel his breath. "You better get her as soon as you can or I swear-"

"-you'll land one between my eyes," I finished, having heard the same threat over and over again.
"No, death would be a mercy," he spat. "What I'd do to you would make you wish you were dead, you understand."

"Ye, sir," I said with a nod. His eyes bore into mine for a few more moments before he slowly backed off, though his eyes were on me the whole way back to his chair.

"So how are we going to do this?" Liam questioned.

"That's what we're here for," I said, sitting in the chair next to Mason's bed. "Now come on. We need to come up with the best and most safe plan to get Caterina back."

***

Cat's POV

I don't know how long I'd been here. Between starving and forcing to sleep in order to distract myself from my suffocating hunger...and my friends, the days started blending together. And despite my multiple protests, doctors had been sent in here to address my wound so my leg was slowly starting to feel better. I was currently sitting on my bed reading "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck, one of the many out of date books that filled the bookcase that sat right across the room from me. Luckily, I actually liked the book and enjoyed the plot instead of forcing myself to turn the pages and having to reread due to my inattentiveness.

"You haven't eaten," a deep male voice stated, but I knew who it was. I didn't even look up.

"And why do you think that is, George?" I questioned as I turned the page and continued reading. "George" was one of the two men who stood outside my door at all times, and since they never answered any of my questions and refused to tell me their names, I changed it up every time I spoke to them hoping that one would stick. But he didn't look like a George.

"The Boss needs you to eat," he said as he walked a tray full of delicious smelling food over to my bed and set it in front of me. I looked up at him, gave him a smile that I made sure he knew was fake, before I took the glass of water, raised it up to the light and inspected it like my father had taught me once upon a time before I took a quick swig of it. I'd been surviving off of water and very minuscule nibbles of the food I was offered, but never a lot. I didn't trust these people.

"There," I said, placing the glass on my nightstand before I returned to my book. "Are you happy now, Reginald?"

"Miss, if you don't eat voluntarily, we have ways of making you eat," he calmly stated, though the threat was evident in his words. I looked up at him and narrowed my eyes.

"Thomas, I'd like for you to leave me alone now, please. You're distracting me from my reading and your large body is blocking the right," I said motioning to the window he was blocking.

"The Boss will be very upset with you," he said shaking his head.

"Tell her to get in line," I shrugged. "And also tell her to kiss my butt." Paul didn't respond as he walked out of my room and closed the door behind him to join his other companion. I looked at the tray of food that was tempting me before I forced myself to continue reading again. Before long, the sound of hushed voices filled the air as they did once every few days.

Without wasting a second, I silently got out of the bed before I quietly made my way to the door. After a few moments, my ear was pressed against the door while my brain tried to analyze the muffled voices. Usually, they were talking too quiet or were switching between multiple languages so I couldn't understand them, but today they were speaking loud enough for me to hear them.

"Tonight?" Julio's muffled voice questioned before he spoke again a few moments later. "Alright. I'll tell her." And before I could make my way back to my bed or even back away from the door, it flew wide open, causing me to fall over with a low thud. Richard raised an eyebrow at me silently asking me "what were you doing?"

"Uh, I was just going to ask if you had any apples. I'm really in an apple mood," I said, thinking on my feet, and despite the look on his face that told me he didn't believe me, he turned and told his companion to go get me some apples.

"You have a meeting with the Boss tonight," he said once he turned back to me, causing my heart to race. I'd been waiting for the opportunity to get out of this room and try to get information, but now that that time has come I'm terrified. But rather than hinting to my nervousness, I simply swallowed and nodded.

"Do I need to wear anything special?"

"The Boss will send your clothes to you," he exampled and I nodded just as the other guard came back with two apples in his hands. I took them offering him a quiet thanks, which he responded with a mute nod before they both left me sitting on the floor of my room with two apples in my hands. Alright Cat. This is your time to actually be useful to the boys and help them get out of this life and protected those they love.

I trudged through the day mentally preparing myself for the dinner with the Silencer's Boss, aka the one who ordered every attack and event that ruined my friend's lives. What did he want to talk about? It didn't matter, if it concerned River, Liam, or Mason, I'd refuse to talk. But that might end up in torture...or worse. No, I'll give her false information. I'm a good actress, especially under pressure. What if he just tortures me for fun? To rile River up before he kills me like he did with Gracie and baby Bryce. I'll just have to stay strong for as long as I can.

I repeated those words over and over in my head as the day ticked on and I continued turning the dwindling pages in the book I was almost finished with and as I took my dress and shoes from Mike's hands. Especially when I took an extra long shower in order to fully prepare myself. After I was finished washing, I slid on the simple red dress that was provided to me along with the equally simple red shoes that matched. I didn't have any makeup or a curling iron, so I was stuck with either my hair down or up in a ponytail or messy bun or whatever. I ran my fingers through my hair in order to make it look somewhat presentable. Once I was finished, I slid on the ring River gave me in addition to the necklace. It made me feel closer to him even though we were miles and miles apart. I blinked back the tears. No tears tonight. I need to stay focused for the boys. For River. After a few moments, I heard a knock at the door.

"Yes?" I questioned just as the British bum who brought me here entered dressed in a crisp tux and his hair neatly slicked back. If I didn't know him as being a massive dick, I would say he's almost attractive.

"You look amazing, love," he smiled as he extended his arm for me to take.

"If you're opinion actually mattered to me I'd be flattered," I deadpanned though I took his arm anyway.

"Oh, don't be like that love," he laughed, causing me to frown as he led me past my favorite wordless bodyguards.

"Don't call me that."

"Oh, don't frown. It doesn't suit such a pretty face."

"If you don't stop taking, you'll end up with my fist buried in your face," I threatened, raising my fist, causing him to put his free hand up in surrender.

"Alright, alright. I get it," he chuckled.

"Why are you even here?" I questioned as he led me through the infinite twists and turns that the impossibly long hallway contained. "Shouldn't you be off, I don't know, torturing kittens or however you people get your kicks around here?"

"I actually prefer puppies," he shrugged. "As for your first question, I'm here because the Boss asked me to be, but we both know you enjoy my company."

"I enjoy your company as much as you enjoy a stiletto impaling your foreskin."

"Oh, you're a violent one. I like it," he teased causing me to grit my teeth.

"I suggest you just take me where I'm going before I make good on my threats," I threatened.

"Okay, okay. I can tell when my commentary is not wanted."

"Obviously not," I muttered.

"I heard that," he said. "Oh, and my name's Kenny by the way. I don't think I ever told you."

"Nice to meet you Kenny, now can you please shut up?"

In response, he gave me a silent salute and we continued our journey in silence. After what felt like hours of walking, Kenny led me to a luxury black car that we drove for another thirty minutes or so. I tried to look for road signs or anything to tell me where I was, but I came up dry. It was like I was in another world that contained nothing but darkness. The only thing I could see were the stars scattered across the dark sky.

"Why are you here?" I suddenly asked, turning to Kenny.

His eyebrows furrowed as he momentarily took his eyes off the road and looked at me with confusion evident in his eyes. "I already told you. The Boss-"

"I don't mean like that. I meant like...I don't know, why do you work for the Silencers? Don't you know they're the bad guys?"

Kenny let out a snort as he shook his head. "Has it ever occurred to you that your boyfriend and other friends are the actual bad guys? That they aren't as innocent as you think? I mean, do you really know where the line was drawn between 'I had to' and "I wanted to" when it came to them killing 'the bad guys'."

"Where was your line when you killed Gracie and Bryce?" I quickly fired back as doubt and suspicion filled my mind. No, he's just trying to mess with your head. That's what they do. Just don't let him know that you're onto his mind games. Play along. Just play along. I repeated the last sentence over and over again even though I still had a sinking feeling in my heart.

"Your little Riverdale erased it when he killed my mother," Kenny bitterly stated.

I sucked in a breath and I instantly felt bad for him. "Gosh, I'm sorry Kenny, I can't imagine what you went through...but I'm sure River had a good reason. He had to."

"He just wanted to lure my father out of hiding and since he wouldn't do it willingly, River simply shot her in the back of the head and sent him the pictures and threats to kill me unless my father came out of hiding. And he would've done it too. Luckily my father cared about me more than he cared about his ego. He came to see me to tell me about this crazy life I'm in now before he sent me off and turned himself in. I don't even know if he's alive or where he is. He could be dead for all I know. So, I took a page out of River's book in order to mess with his head. Call me strategic or sadistic. I don't care. But one thing remains the same and it's River and his ruthlessness. You just don't believe me because you've never seen him in action, have you?"

I opened my mouth to argue, but no words came out. He was right. I'd never seen River on one of his so-called "missions" or "hits" before but the River I knew could never be that cruel unless it's absolutely necessary. Yeah. I know my River. Kenny didn't.

"That's what I thought," he scuffed before the engine of the car was cut off. I looked around us and realized we were in front of an abandoned looking building.

"Where are we?"

"Do yourself a favor and stop asking questions. Your interrogation has put me in a bad mood, and I really like you. Please don't make me do anything stupid that I'll regret later."

Now it was my turn to purse my lips and mutely nod. I allowed him to lead me out of the car and through the desolate building that showed no life besides us and our shadows that stretched out before us. Confusion bubbled within me along with fear. Why would the Boss request me out here secluded from everything and everyone else...unless he wanted to kill me. Oh God. My heart raced and my knees became wobbly as I stepped over fallen support beams and random debris. No. If I go down then it's game over.

But for some odd reason, I was more scared of Kenny than I was of the Boss.

Suddenly, he stopped in front of a giant mound of debris and various other things. He effortlessly pushed it aside revealing a secret hatch that perfectly blended with the floor. I only knew it was there when Kenny opened it up. "After you," he said motioning toward the darkness the hatch held. I swallowed my nerves and did as he said. After a few moments, he began climbing in after me and closed the hatch.

Once I got to the bottom, I realized I was in a hallway that looked like the labyrinth I'd just escaped from. "Come on, we don't want to keep the Boss waiting," he said as he linked his arms with mine and began leading me through the maze. How did he remember all this?

Before long, we stopped in front of a giant set of oak doors with a delectable scent coming from behind it. "You ready?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow and I honestly shook my head. "Don't worry. I think the Boss is going to like you." And with that, he effortlessly pushed open the door and led me in. In front of me stretched a giant dining room table filled with mouthwatering foods and desserts, but that's not what caught my attention or made my throat tighten. The thing, or rather the person that sent a chill through my body was sitting at the head of the table with familiar brown hair that looked a lot shorter than it did in the picture, soft brown eyes, and a complexion that eerily resembled my own.

I took a shaky breath as my heart raced.

"Kenny, Caterina. So nice of you two to join me," she mused. She sounded a lot different than what I imaged, but then again I thought I'd never see more of her than the picture my father kept on his dresser. "Oh, Cat, don't tell me you don't recognize me," she said with a fake pout. "I certainly recognize you after all these years."

I opened my mouth to respond, but my brain could fathom what to do or even say for a few moments, but after a while, a single word pushed past my lips. "M-Mom?"

***
Gosh, I suck at this whole updating thing, but I'm actually trying guys I promise. But at least I gave y'all an extra long chapter so hopefully y'all will forgive me. Anyway, what did you think of the little twist at the end? I've known I wanted this to happen ever since I came up with the concept of this book and now it's finally here, but there's still a ton of twists and turns to go.

Anyway, let me know you're thoughts on this chapter by voting and commenting and all that stuff.

Quick question: would yall rather have my personal Instagram where I literally never talk about writing, a separate account dedicated to writing and books and advice, or both?

Later Vader- Jordan

PS here's a mother random question: why do you think Mason woke up so abruptly and early (this will be addressed in the book later (if I remember) but if y'all have any thoughts or ideas I'd love to know)

Mkay, bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 480 10
Claire Stark has a perfect life. She has her best friends, the ability to make the world a better place, and an amazing boyfriend. Pietro Maximoff h...
106K 4.3K 190
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
246K 7.3K 53
leia smith is the bad girl of school and is always getting into trouble, especially with callum james, he's the bad boy and him and leia have never g...
11.7K 434 51
"We shouldn't do this-- I'm leaving in a few months." "What better time to start than now." "I thought I was just a music nerd to you." "You're not...