His Angel

By heartsandcrosses_

*This book is currently being completely re-written, the plot, characters etc WILL change. When I began this... More

Characters and Info
00; Prologue
01; Introducing Angel
02; Angel's Family
03; Mini Angel
04; Party Angel
05; Drunk Angel
06; Hungover Angel
07; Angel and The Bad Boy
08; Struggling Angel
09; Sneaking Out With Angel
10; Angel's New Roommate
11; Broken Angel
12; Angel's New Housemate
13; Angel In The Middle
14; Angel's Panic Attacks
15; Angel's Best Friend?
16; Arguing with Angel
17; Angel and Bad Boy Day
18; Poorly Angel
20; Angel's Past
21; Lost Angel
22; Angel's First Experience*
23; Scared Angel
24; Naughty Angel
25; Angel's First Love
26; Party With Angel
27; Angel's Risk
28; Angel's Tough Talk
29; Angel's Tough Talk
30; Angel's New Experiences*
31; Angel's Home*
32; Angel Fighter
33; Angel Breaking the Rules
34; Angel and The Bad Boy Fight
35; Angel's Broken Heart
36; Angel's New Boy
37; Angel's Play Date
38; Angel's Demons
39; Date with Angel

19; Angel's Date Night

384 10 0
By heartsandcrosses_

ESME'S POV

FRIDAY 6th OCTOBER 2017

         By Friday I still had a rather bad cold but my sickness bug seemed to have faded and I was preparing with Jenna to go on a "date" with Wren in this fancy looking restaurant that he claimed I would 'totally love' even though he knows my despise for overpriced food and classical music. Jenna was painting my lips with light pink lipstick and chatting about how she met George who was one of Kyle's best mates and absolutely adored him. 

 "Have you kissed him?" I asked her and saw when she blushed a tinge of pink. "You kissed him!" I giggled and she covered her cheeks with her hands in embarrassment. 

 "A lady never kisses and tells," she smiled cheekily before she turned around and picked up a blush pink colored dress and held it up to me. It was a midi-dress and seemed to not show too much or too little cleavage and so I reached out to touch the soft fabric. "I saw it and thought it was very you," she said whilst looking at the dress she had picked for me.

 I nodded. "It's lovely," I took the dress from her hands and dropped the dressing gown I was changed into so that I could slip on the fabric. Jenna spritzed me with her Victoria Secret perfume and then aided me into my white high heels. "Do I look alright?" I asked her with a nervous grin.

 "You look gorgeous Essie," she squealed and clapped her hands together. "Imagine if you and Wren started dating, I would constantly be third-wheeling your asses," she rolled her eyes and then started to pack away her make-up brushes.

 I shook my head. "We will always have our girly nights," I giggled with her and then picked up my phone when it buzzed on the table. "Wren's downstairs," I told her nervously.

 "Well I'll be here when you get back and you can tell me all about it," she clapped her hands together again.

 I smiled and sucked in a deep breath. "Thank you for waiting for me," I gave her a hug and then waved when I left the bedroom. I walked into the hallway and immediately bumped into Kyle who was coming out of his room with Penny right behind him. I looked between the two of them and saw the red splotches on her neck and the make-up stains on his face.

 "Hey freako," Penny giggled at me. "We were just... Getting ready," she poked Kyle's side and bit her lip.

 I shook my head at Kyle. "Really?"

 He looked down at my dress and then away from me. "Where are you going tonight?" He asked me blandly.

 "Has freak got a date?" She asked me and I gulped back the tears that I felt were coming.

 "Actually I have and I'm late. Don't wait up for me," I said to Kyle and then started to walk down the stairs to meet Wren.

 "Hey!" I heard Kyle rush after me and grab onto my wrist when I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Who are you going on a date with?" He asked me with a confused expression plastered on his face.

 "Wren," I said blandly. "Now you can go back to your putrid girlfriend and leave me alone," I pulled my arm out of his grasp and headed out of the door to see Wren stood next to a large black SUV with the door opened for me. He was dressed in a smart suit and had a wonderfully handsome smile on his face.

 "You look stunning Essie," he remarked and outstretched his hand so I could grasp onto him and get into the car.

 "You don't look too shabby yourself, Prince Charming," I winked at him with a smile and slid into the back seat. In the front I was expecting a random man who was driving us but laughed aloud when I saw Wren's older brother wearing a black cabbie hat. "You roped Ace into this?" I giggled and patted Ace's shoulder.

 Wren got into the seat next to me and grinned at me. "Ace owed me so now he's our personal driver," Wren patted Ace's shoulder.

 We were driving for a good twenty minutes before the car pulled up outside of a large field and I looked at Wren with threaded eyebrows. "Where are we?" I asked him. 

 "I know how much you hate fancy shit so come with me," Wren proudly stepped out of the car and came over to my side to open the door for me. I climbed out and looked up at the stars that seemed to be bright that night. I gladly took hold of Wren's outstretched hand and followed him towards the green where there seemed to be fairy lights laid out across a portion of grass with a picnic blanket in the middle.

 "Oh my Gosh Wren," I placed my hand on my chest as we walked further and I saw that there was a small basket filled with my favority goodies and next to the basket was a bottle of wine and two glasses. "We have Twinkies and wine?" I laughed with tears building in my eyes.

 "I was going to do some chocolate covered strawberries but I know you hate them so I have chocolate covered donuts," he chuckled at me when I slumped down very ungraciously onto the blanket and moaned at the sight of all of my favorite treats.

 I sat up on the blanket with my legs in a funny position so I didn't flash my panties to Wren and watched as he sat down opposite me. "Do you remember when we used to play mom's and dad's with Jenna and we would always be the married couple with the kid. We would make dinner together and go for picnics in the park as a family," I asked him whilst popping a chip into my mouth.

 "And Jenna used to tell us off when we fake kissed," he laughed along. "Well, would you like some wine my dear wife?" He asked me with an overdramatic voice.

 "That sounds splendid thank you!" I held out my wine glass and watched as the red liquid trickled until around halfway to the top. I took a sip of the sweet drink and then set it down on top of the basket as it was the flattest surface. "I miss this," I sighed honestly.

 "We've never gone on a date before Essie," he reminded me and I shook my head.

 "I mean spend time together alone without it being weird. I was scared when you first kissed me and honestly now I'm just confused but I like how we can be like this together," he drank some of his wine and then placed the glass next to mine.

 "I don't want to push you at all Es, this is all up to you but I just want you to know that I care about you enough to do all of this. Together or not, I will always be here and do crazy and stupid shit for you," he smiled which then instinctively brought a cheeky grin to my face too.

 I reached forwards and grabbed a doughnut from the basket, leaning towards Wren to have him take a bite. He raised an eyebrow at me but nevertheless took a large bite from the treat before I then sat back and took a bite myself. "This is so good," I groaned and then took another bite. "By the way is Ace waiting in the car for us?" I laughed and Wren nodded.

 "I told you he owes me," Wren had a massive smirk on his face.

 "You're such an idiot!" 

 Around two hours later it was looming ten o'clock and Wren and I had an amazing night eating food and stargazing. We were walking around the park and I had his jacket huddled over my shoulders whilst we chatted about how much we were going to miss our high school and our friends when we went off to college. "Imagine a life where you wake up in the morning and nearly text Jenna but then have a mini heart attack because you know if she wakes up because of your text she may kill you," Wren laughed.

 "Or going to school in the morning and not hearing her say 'I feel like I've died, been reincarnated as a shitter version of myself and then died again,'" I giggled. We were making it back over to the car when Wren slung his arm around my shoulder and I leaned my head against him with a sigh of happiness.

 "This was a good night," he said aloud to nobody particular.

 "It was lovely, thank you so much," we reached the car and Wren opened the door for me. In the front Ace was fast asleep with his cap half hanging off of his head. "Ace! We can go now," I shook him.

 "God you two were ages. Did you fuck on that field?" He groaned and started up the engine, I flushed red and moved back in my seat to do my belt up.

 "Don't be so rude Ace," Wren rolled his eyes. "We had a nice time."

 The car ride back to Kyle's was spent with Wren and I arguing about who was the most annoying as a kid. I obviously won when bringing up the argument of him pushing me into a muddy puddle just because I was wearing a dress he didn't like. "Don't even forget that time you shoved me into the lake and then said it was because you saw a wasp," I rolled my eyes at him.

 "I did see a wasp and I didn't want you to be stung!" I had a massive allergy to wasp and bee stings which made it almost a flawless answer (other than the fact it was the middle of winter and raining heavily.)

 "You two shut up, we're here," Ace whined from the front and the chatter died down.

 "I'll walk you to your door," Wren got out of the car and went around it to open the door for me again. I stepped out and intertwined our fingers so that he could walk me to the front door.

 "Thank you for such a nice night," I finally broke the silence when we reached the front of Kyle's house and I turned to look at him.

 "Would you fancy doing this again?" He asked me and I thought for a moment before I nodded, I had a great night.

 "I think I would," Wren leaned in for a kiss and that time I didn't stop it. I instead leaned with him and fluttered my eyes closed until our lips met and slowly moulded together. Wren looped his arms around my waist and I placed my hands on his neck. 

 The kiss was wrapping up when suddenly the door swung open. I turned around quickly and saw Kyle at the door with a sour expression on his face. "Did you forget your key or something?" He snapped in a monotone voice.

 "We were actually in the middle of something mate," Wren sighed from behind him. Kyle glanced down at our hands which had somehow intertwined in the chaos and I quickly broke the touching. 

 "I see that," Kyle coughed. "It's cold out, Esme. Come in," I almost winced at the use of my name instead of the nickname I had come to accustomed to over time.

 I turned and smiled at Wren apologetically before stepping into the house with Kyle and shutting the door behind me. "Kyle," I said as he tried to turn away.

 "What?" He asked.

 I shrugged, why did I ask him to turn around? He didn't care. "Goodnight," I whispered.

 "Goodnight Esme," he said back after I had walked past him and was making my way up the stairs to my bedroom with my mind swirling with questions.

 Why did I stop holding Wren's hand? What was that feeling inside? Why did I feel so bad for Kyle seeing that? Everything was so confusing in my brain. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...