come closer || nh au

By nothisiseileen

Violet is a usually quiet, book loving girl with a fable for online book blogs, tattoos and obsessing over Co... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty

thirty-two

2.6K 56 23
By nothisiseileen

Since Niall actually cancelled our plans to go to the game together because his parents had a quick meeting to go to and he had to take care of his sister, I got to sleep longer. I don't mind that he cancelled yesterday. I think it would've been too exhausting after setting up our equipment. A drum kit is not as easy to build up as it seems. I take a look back in the mirror. I don't really have bad under-eye circles today. Maybe I'll wear a light coverage foundation instead of a heavy one and just use a lot of concealer on my bruised eye. Mere and Mia are coming over in about an hour, so I can do their makeup for Homecoming. In return, Mia is doing our hair and Mere made some snacks. Niall said he'd pick me up at 3:30pm but I know that he will come earlier. It's currently 11:00am. I already started my makeup, so I don't have to worry about that later but I didn't apply any foundation or eyelashes yet. I'm almost finished with my eye look. I'm doing a rather smokey look with blacks and greys. In contrast to that, I'll have a very simple outfit, which makes everything tie together well.

"Violet?", I hear my Mom shout.

"Yeah?", I shout back.

"I need to talk to you for a minute!", she explains.

"Come upstairs!", I say.

Just seconds later, loud steps are heard. She knocks on my bedroom door before opening it. Her beautiful blue eyes, that sadly Wes and I didn't get, look down at me sitting in front of the full body mirror. I always do my makeup on the ground.

"I'll just sit down on your bed", she exclaims, closing the door behind her and sitting down on the edge of my bed.

Our eyes meet through the mirror. Her eyes lightly skim my body.

"You said you wanted to talk to me", I insist to know why she came to talk to me.

"Well, as you may know, I am seeing this man from work and I would love to bring him here for a dinner, so you guys can meet him. Since you aren't here next week because you're at this lake house for your birthday, I thought we could do this dinner in two weeks, a Friday. He really wants to meet you and Wesley", Mom explains, while I blending out some dark eyeshadow on my lower lash line.

"It sounds amazing! Do you want me to cook? I could make your favorite", I suggest, looking at her through the mirror.

"That would be so nice of you, Violet. His name is Tyler Johnson and he's a docter I work with often. He has a daughter. She's 16, just like you. She doesn't go to your school but she'll probably transfer to yours when Tyler and I become more serious", she smiles.

I nod and smile a bit, trying to hide the pain in my face. Well, I guess her moving on is good but what about Dad? Maybe she really had to move on to start a new mindset. Maybe this Tyler is her new dream guy. I'm happy for her. I just hope Tyler treats her well and the daughter isn't a too spoilt little brat.

"He sounds like a nice guy", I tell her, starting to do my foundation.

"He is. So, when are you coming home?", Mom asks.

"Tomorrow around 11:00am. You know, I'm staying at Niall's and we're having a movie night", I answer, giving her an innocent smile.

She chuckles lightly before answering.

"Well, you've been spending a lot of time with this Niall boy. Is there something I should know?", she wiggles her eyebrows, while getting off of my bed and walking towards the door.

"No, Mom. There is nothing special you should know", I groan.

She laughs one last time before completely leaving the room and closing the door. I continue my face makeup by putting on concealer. Blending that out, I see the bruise around my eye disappear. The power of makeup is incredible. I turn on some music and sing along. Maybe I should go through the songs again. The soundcheck yesterday went quite well. I really just hope that we sound just as good tonight. Niall even changed strings on my acoustic guitar yesterday because they were quite old and crusty. I continue singing along while blending out the concealer under my bruised eye.

"Xans don't make you, Xans gon' take you, Xans gon' fake you, Xans gon' betray you. And her pussy tastes like Skittles, what, ey, you can really taste the rainbow", I sing with Lil Xan.

About 45 minutes later, I'm almost finished but put some highlighter on. I'll do fake lashes and lipstick later, so I don't waste any product and don't have to glue my lashes on again. The girls should be over any minute now. I go over to my closet and pull out the cross body I'm taking. I already put in some tissues and some advil. My sleeping bag is already packed and laying next to the door. Just as I want to gather up my makeup and put it away to make my room look less dirty, there's a knock on my door. I open it, revealing Mere and Mia with huge bags and dresses in their hands.

"Just throw everything on my bed", I say, stepping aside, so they can both enter my room.

Mere is first to throw her bag on my bed. Mia on the other hand, hangs her dress up before smiling at me.

"So, let's get full glam, sisters", Mere speaks, quoting James Charles.

*****

After what seems like ages, we three are in our dresses and finishing up everything we forgot. Mia repositions the bow in my hair for the third time now, not looking too satisfied with it.

"It's okay, Mia", I chuckle while putting the lipstick I used in my cross body.

I also throw my makeup wipes into my sleepover bag. I'm not about to fall asleep at Niall's with my full face of makeup on and risk getting my acne back. Mia and Mere quickly pack up their makeup and hair things and leave the bags on my bed. They're coming over tomorrow to pick the bags up.

"So, when are you guys being picked up?", I ask, nervously looking over at Mia, who's playing around with her nails.

"3:15pm. Luke and I still need to pick up Jake and Riley", she explains.

"Ryan is coming at 3:15pm, too", Mere answers.

Well, this means that I'll be alone with Niall when he picks me up for the photos and dinner. I actually still can't believe that I'm going with Niall. I couldn't stand him a few weeks ago. I couldn't deal with his player reputation but I realized that he is so much more than that and he actually has a heart for some people. He actually cares about some people. As soon as the clock strikes 3:15pm, Mere and Mia walk down the stairs with me, awaiting their dates while I just walk down the stairs to be downstairs when Niall comes. My Mom takes a few pictures of us, as we walk down the stairs. Soon enough the doorbell rings and both of them are gone faster than I can think. That was actually quite a blur. I couldn't even really see Ryan or Jake. Mia and Mere just left me standing alone. I thought they'd at least stay until Niall's here but no, they just left. I sit down on the couch next to my Mom. She smiles.

"Did you know that I actually met your father at his school's Homecoming dance? The guy I went with was friends with your Dad", Mom tells me.

"That's wonderful", I speak, "I miss Dad a lot. Do you remember the time I was going to a winter formal and he scared the shit out of my date?"

Mom chuckles a bit, looking back at me.

"He was very protective of you and I still belive that he's taking care of you from above. I miss him, too, but I believe that he wants us all to move on and be happy", she says.

"Yes", I smile at her.

The doorbell rings, probably signaling that Niall's here. I get up from the couch, readjusting my dress a little. Mom's already at the door, talking to him. His voice echoes through the house. It's so deep. He probably looks so good tonight. I quickly pull on the cardigan and check my bag, if I really have everything. I also take my sleepover bag. I make my way over to the hallway, seeing Niall and my Mom talking and laughing. I walk over and smile lightly.

"Wow, you look stunning", Niall speaks, looking at me.

I try not to be too obvious at looking at him. His dress pants and the dress shirt seem to be perfectly made for him. His usual leather jacket makes him seem more buff, also giving his outfit a more relaxed vibe. The dress shoes aren't too shiny for the outfit and him having the dress shirt opened a little makes him seem a little more comfortable.

"You look very handsome", I tell him.

"Thank you, Violet. So, excuse me for being a little party pooper but we have to leave or we'll miss the photo session", Niall explains to my Mom.

"I understand that. Have fun you two. And please take care of my daughter", Mom speaks to Niall.

"I will, Mrs Tucker", he smiles, reaching out for me to link arms with him.

I take his arm and follow him out the door. Mom closes the door behind us and that's the moment Niall lets go of my arm. My mood drops slightly. He stops me from walking down the front porch.

"No hug for me?", Niall chuckles, looking directly into my eyes.

"Of course you can get a hug", I say, rolling my eyes in amusement.

He takes me between his arms, hugging me with both arms around my shoulders while I have both of my arms tightly around his torso. I'm actually average in size but Niall is very tall. My head ends at his shoulder. His heart beats against my cheek. I feel a tingle build up in my stomach, as he hugs me even closer.

"You look really good, Vio", he whispers.

"Thank you", I mumble.

He lets me go, taking my hand and leading me to his large Jeep. He opens the passenger door for me, helping me get in. I thank him quickly before putting my sleepover bag on the backseat. Niall closes the door, going over to the drivers side. He quickly gets in, staring the car and putting on some music.

"So, are you excited?", Niall asks, backing out of the driveway.

"I actually am", I smile, looking over at him.

"Great, I brought the boutonnière and the corsage. They're in the back but I think everyone wants to do pictures while putting them on. I hate taking pictures for dances. Last year, Welsey's date fell into the river while taking pictures and she had to drive home and get changed. Those girls would do anything for some pictures", he rolls his eyes.

"Well, I just hope that we don't have to take too many pictures but I know Riley and Mere. They love taking pictures", I say.

"Well, that sucks", Niall chuckles.

"Kind of."

Niall moves onto the highway, changing the song on the radio before singing along. It's The 1975. I love how we both like The 1975. It makes me so happy to know that he has a small obsession like me.

"It's just you and I tonight. Why don't you figure my heart out? It's just you and I tonight. Why don't you figure my heart out?", we both sing.

This song just means a lot to me. The tattoo is healed up now and it stopped hurting. We arrive at the photo location sooner than I thought we would. Mere and Ryan are already taking pictures. They hired a professional photographer for our pictures. I would've been happy with my Mom as a photographer, to be honest. Niall parks next to Luke's car. Everyone is already here. Wesley, Lilian, Luke, Conner, Mia, Riley, Mere, Ryan and Jake. Conner also brought a girl with him. She doesn't go to our school but he met her when he moved here. I get out of the car and catch up to Niall. He has a plastic box in his hand, holding a white orchid boutonnière and a matching white orchid corsage. We link our arms, walking over to the bridge where everyone is currently talking and taking pictures. Hopefully, this night will turn out good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 330 36
Niall is sweet. More than sweet; he's cute, charming, and pretty perfect. At first, maybe a little too perfect. Ali meets him and likes him immediate...
158K 3.3K 61
Hoodies hide my ugly body from the people around me. Just one night it didn't work and I met him on the roof of the abdonned house. He wanted to help...
1.9M 43.6K 25
Renee Delilah Parker has always been an average girl. She had average grades, she was funny and a basic tomboy. Her mother sends her to spend the Su...
100K 1.7K 22
Liam Payne has been secretly dating his One Direction band mate, Niall Horan, for months. Now that they've helped fix Louis and Harry's relationship...