Hockey Ruined Me 《Mathew Barz...

De dummy4harry

"You are the first and last thing on my mind each day, Micah. That's why I-" He screams at me. Stopping himse... Mais

CH. 1: First Encounter
CH 2: Lunch (Date?)
CH. 3: I'll Keep You Safe
CH. 4: Fucking Amazing
CH. 5: Day 1
CH. 6: The 5 That Follow
CH. 7: Periods 2 and 3
CH. 9: Emergency Room
CH. 10 PT. 1: 21 Questions
CH. 10 PT. 2: 21 Questions

CH. 8: Long Way Home

396 7 0
De dummy4harry

Micah's POV

It's nearly 2 AM, Mat is passed out in my passenger seat while I'm only 20 minutes in to our 5 1/2 hour journey back to the Emerald City. (A/N Emerald City is a nickname us Washingtonians call Seattle. FUN FACT: one of our casinos- in Seattle- is called the 'Emerald Queen'. There's also a place called 'Emerald City Smoothie'.) 

With Mat asleep, I'm left alone with my thoughts. As the 20 minutes turn to 40 and the 40 turn to an hour, my thoughts become louder than my radio.

In the past hour, my thought have flown from Mat and the team, to dad and figure skating. But right now, I began to think of Mat again. More particularly, how much he reminds me of my mom. 

I think about how sweet he is and how much he's willing to do for the ones he loves. I think about how caring he is, how much he respects me. He is so fucking passionate about so many things, it's one of the things I love most- like most about him.

My thoughts flicker over to the radio, as it plays the beginning of an *almost* forgotten favourite of mine, one I haven't heard in ages. A song  I've always wishes could be for me. I find myself beginning to sing along.

(^^^^ song on the side/ @ the top^^^^)

"We're taking the long way home

(Taking the long way home)

Take me back to the middle of nowhere
Back to the place only you and I share
Remember all the memories
The fireflies and make believe

Kicking back at the old school yard
Singing songs on our guitars
This is our reality
Crazy stupid you and me

We know this is the way it's supposed to be

So we're taking the long way home
(taking the long way home)
'Cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone
I wanna get lost and drive forever with
you talking about nothing, yeah whatever baby
So we're taking the long way home
(taking the long way home)
Tonight

Taking the long way home
(Taking the long way home)
We're taking the long way home

Now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere
Yeah it only took our time to get there
Hiding out in our dreams
Catching fire like kerosene (kerosene)

And you know I'd never let you down
Till the sun comes up
We can own this town
Something like make believe
Living in a movie scene

Know this is the way it's supposed to be

So we're taking the long way home (taking the long way home)
'Cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone
I wanna get lost and drive forever with
you talking about nothing, yeah whatever baby
So we're taking the long way home (taking the long way home)

Hitting every red light
Kissing at the stop signs darling
Green day's on the radio
And everything is alright
Now we're turning up the headlights darling
We're just taking it slow

So we're taking the long way home
'Cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone
I wanna get lost and drive forever with you talking about nothing, yeah whatever baby
So we're taking the long way home

Hitting every red light
Kissing at the stop signs darling
Green day's on the radio
And everything is alright
Now we're turning up the headlights darling
We're just taking it slow

We're taking the long way home
We're taking the long way home"

Halfway through the song I realized, right now, it is for me.

Mat's POV

You know the place between sleep and awake? Where you can still remember dreaming but are halfway conscious? I've been in this familiar state since just before the song. She doesn't like singing in front of people so I make sure I don't open my eyes. My newly busy mind calming at the sound of her voice. Just knowing shes beside me, here with me, makes me fall just a little bit more.

She finishes the song and I can feel her eyes on me.

"Keeps your eyes on the road, Princess." I rasp, opening one eye to look at her.

She jumps, whipping her eyes back to focus on the road as she blindly attempts to smack me. "Mat!" She screams, her actions cease as she holds her hand to her chest. "Don't scare me like that." She huffs. She never fails to makes me smile.

"Don't pout, Princess. Besides, it's rude to stare." I chuckle. She stops at the light, crossing her arms. "I wasn't staring."

"Uh huh, and your name isn't Micah." I turn to face her.

"I wasn't." She laughs as she faces my opposite direction, her cheeks turning into the dark crimson I've become oh so familiar with.

"Yeah, you definitely weren't starting," I smirk.

She turns to look at me, "What did I say? Eyes on the road!"   She smacks me on the arm and quickly refocused her attention on the road.

This, the bickering, the teasing, and the constant reminders to keep her eyes on the road continue until we've made it back to Seattle.

We arrive home around 9 AM, both of us tired and worn, one of us a little sore. We -somehow- manage to make it up the stairs, our bags long forgotten. We both sit on the couch, thinking it pointless to go to sleep.

Its 945 by the time we finally settle on watching 'The Office' since Micah's been living under a rock since early 2005. We lay down on the the couch and I hit play. I feel my eyelids grow heavy as the opening scenes of the pilot are erased from my mind, to be replaced by her, My Micah. 

& it all fades to black.

Micah's POV

My eyelids flutter open to be greeted by the ending credits of, what I seem to find, season two episode 8, of 'The Office'. I turn to acknowledge to other body cuddling mine. I then check my phone to see that it's quarter past 3 and that I've been asleep nearly 6 hours. Not wanting to interrupt Mat's peaceful slumber, I kiss his cheek and head to the kitchen, to prepare lunch.

Mat's POV (oOF lots of POV switching)

My body jolts awake to the sound of breaking glass coming from the kitchen. I groggily rush to the kitchen to find Micah on the bench (a/n bench means counter), one hand reaching towards the top shelf, the other trying to keep her stable as she looks over at me and then the floor. I follow her eyes to the floor, shards of a shattered plate strewn about my kitchen floor.

"I'll get it! I'm so sorry, Mat. I'll buy you- OWW FUCKING HELL!"

Micah hops off the counter only to land on one of the bigger shards of glass.

"Fuck! Micah, Baby. SHIt!" I run to the small hall closet to get a towel before rushing back to her. I look at her foot to find the piece of glass lodged pretty deep, too deep to pull it out. "Damn it," I wrap her foot with the towel as best as I can, before hurriedly picking her up bridal style and run towards the door. Hastily I slip on my slides and grab my keys. Only to open my door to see it's raining.

"Fucking Seattle," I sigh.

I turn around and grab the blanket off the back of the couch, I wrapped it around her, tears threatening to spill from those  beautiful eyes. I hurry downstairs to my car. 

"I'm sorry," she sniffles through tears.

"It was an accident." I kiss her fore head as reassurance. I jog to my side of the car and hop in. "Emergency room, here we come."

& with a final sigh, we were off. 

.

.

.

.

Word Count: 1250

Total Word Count: 8059

Date Published: 22.4.18 (4.22.18)

.

.

HOLY FUCK LOVELIES I'VE MISSED YOU LOADS! I PROMISE I WONT MAKE YOU WAIT THIS LONG NEXT TIME.

I've been loads busy, and i hadn't had any good ideas for this chapter. but tonight it hit me, I wrote a draft and went from there, overall i'm pretty proud. 

SEE YOU SOON BY LOVELIES 

ALL THE LOVE xx

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

The Coaches Daughter De Nicole

Ficção Adolescente

18.3K 244 33
Nicole Thompson, a fifteen year old girl that loved her life in the city. She loved hockey since she could even understand what hockey meant and was...
80.3K 950 26
Sophia Wilson has always been in love of reading even thought of becoming a writer of how much she reads. Sophia's family has always moved from city...
172K 2.8K 50
When two rival hearts tangle themselves in one another, when push comes to shove and sacrifices have to be made, what will they choose? Lizzie Myers...
2.5K 193 16
Carson Walker, 18 year old high school senior that lost his father at the age of 2 during the 9/11 attacks in New York since he was one of the many o...